New DuckTales 2017 toys announced

licensemag.com/license-global/disney-plans-‘duck-tales’-toys#.WoiNLdAYSC8.twitter

This is nice and all, but where's the new episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8QfSzgV1q5g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, according to Angones this is one of the 'SUPER EXCITING' pieces of news to tide us over during the hiatus. Big fuckin' whoop.

How's long this hiatus is gonna last?

18 years

Nobody knows. It's meant to continue through March at least. Honestly no idea what Disney thinks they're fucking doing.

I might grab a Scrooge if they're sold separately.
Though I do appreciate how smug Louie is.

I'm gonna look up Webby's skirt!

Wait...

The show already has you covered.

Somebody had to animate this.

It's somehow sexy because it's usually hidden by the skirt

It looks like they are trying to kill the show.

>kill the show
That's a CN/TTG tactic, not Disney

Why the fuck would they want to kill a show that's only just premiered, that they spent millions on marketing and has such an expensive cast?

Why the fuck put it on this long of a hiatus?

Between this, Star, Gravity Falls and even the Marvel animation stuff, it feels more like Disney has just completely lost the ability to properly schedule a show. Like, Phineas and Ferb is the only thing I can think of that airs consistently on Disney XD at this point.

Because there's only 20 episodes in the season and they don't want to burn through them all in less than half a year and then leave people with nothing until season 2?

I remember seeing a video a long while back that when the show first premiered, Disney shifted the episodes out of order to show more of the Della Duck mystery since they weren't sure if people remembered the plotline from the pilot. Then around Halloween, they wanted to push the introduction of Magica, further scrambling the episodes up. Now they're left with episodes that have no real flow or order like how Angones intended them to.

I figured we'd at least get Darkwing Duck before things went to shit.

It's just a really weird global broadcasting tactic.
The first five episodes of Ducktales 2017 just aired in Japan's Disney XD yesterday (same broadcast order like everywhere).

The suits at Disney just want the entire world to be at roughly the same level regarding the Della mystery. After all, introducing the mother of the triplets and Donald's sister in a cartoon is important and will define this character once and for all for the next thirty years or more.

God forbid a tv shows plays out normally.

A hiatus this long kills all interest in a show.

Interest for it will fan up once it airs on free TV, instead of being stuck on pay TV. At least, that's what the German Disney staff believes.

They can make this awful shit but not star vs toys or star wars toys that arent bland normal people or the feminist “heroes” kikleen keennedy is pushing? Seriously fuck the mouse

Right, and I suppose you have connections to the German Disney staff too

Nah, I just read what one of them says on some German comic message board for why they're not releasing the Ducktales 2017 comics yet.

Oh, fair enough. Are there any plans in the US to release it to free TV? The ratings aren't being helped by sticking it on Disney XD, a premium channel.

They should do what they did with the pilot and gradually release episodes on YouTube. That's millions of views for free, effectively.

If no toy makers want to make toys for star vs evil things, then that's too bad.

They don't want to make figurines of Star because then we'd have anons posting webms of them blowing their loads on her.

>If no toy makers want to make toys for star vs evil things, then that's too bad.
Then theyre incompetent idiots who deserve to have the millions of unsold rey and TLJ figures get thrown into a landfill like that ET video game, beause people certainly didnt want that instead while theirs a market for shows like star to have toys

>They don't want to make figurines of Star because then we'd have anons posting webms of them blowing their loads on her.
You do know people are going to do that to the upcoming holdo figure to spite disney, right? It baffles me how this hated character of an aging feminazi gets a toy before a cute likable cartoon character instead

That's alright I guess. I was hoping for Star or maybe KO stuff but this is okay.

>You do know people are going to do that to the upcoming holdo figure to spite disney, right?
Gross as it would be, every Holdo figurine getting jizzed upon is proof that it was a Holdo figurine that was bought by someone, which means that it made money.

>every Holdo figurine getting jizzed upon is proof that it was a Holdo figurine that was bought by someone, which means that it made money.
>implying they werent stolen
>implying people wont jerk off in the store and leave the cum encrusted figure their after they take a picture and post it on the star wars twitter page
Also you can just wipe it off and return it to the store and act like nothing happened

Phineas and Ferb took like eight years to air four seasons. Disney has always been awful with their animated stuff.

Why do shows these days always need to kill their momentum with these hiatuses? Like, does anyone even give a shit about Steven Universe anymore?

>Like, does anyone even give a shit about Steven Universe anymore?
To be fair thats less about hiatuses and more about how their hasnt been a good episode in over a year

From all those angry threads on Cred Forums about how bad the animation on SU is, it seems that there's still lots of people willing to discuss it in the first place.
I never watched Steven Universe, though.
All I know about the show is from osmosis through Cred Forums.

Because, again, they only have 20 episodes in the season and if they aired them all in a row they'd be done in less than half a year. Which is probably much less time than Disney wants the show to be relevant for.

I must admit $crooge looks good!

Then why not premier a new episode every two weeks. That's 3/4 of a year right there!

My guess is that because the TV execs believe that things must have superhype at the beginning. That's why everything is first frontloaded with episodes showcasing Webby, Magica and Della.
Later rebroadcasts might then show DT2017 in production order. Or it might not.
TV programmers probably live in a different world with weird statistics.

>$crooge

Found the Italian duck comicfag

Don't they actually call him something like Paperazzi or something like that?

Yeah, should have been 'Barksfag.'

Quality control? Can't rush a good thing is my guess.

Technically, season 1 has been finished already some time ago, and the crew is working on season 2, which might or might not air in October this year, depending on how true the information about a piece of merchandise on Amazon is.
But yeah, it's actually good that some shows are taking their time at ironing out mistakes.

What ultimately matters is that content comes out in the first place.

youtu.be/8QfSzgV1q5g

That’s...I can’t tell if that’s a good thing or a bad thing honestly.

This "They don't HAVE to play all of the episodes straight-away" mentality is why Gravity Falls took four fucking years to get through two 20-episode seasons, with hiatuses out the ass. It would be nice if shows could just air their whole season week-by-week (barring holidays), and have regularly scheduled reruns. Shit like what's happening with Ducktales and Star Vs. is what leads people to cut cable. Hell, the only reason I way I was able to finish Gravity Falls was because it was all on Hulu months after the series ended.

Gravity Falls was a special case, my friend. I distinctly recall that the Season 2 renewal came when 18 episodes of Season 1 were already aired, so the huge hiatus between seasons was because of the late renewal. I also remember that Weirdmageddon 3 was not finished until Jan 2016, well over a month after Weirdmageddon 2 had already aired.

Now, what's happening with AT, SU, Milo Murphy and Star is fucking unforgivable. Entire seasons are being shoved out in 3-5 bombs, leaving months of hiatus in between. DuckTales at least had the decency of not using a bomb format.