I'm reading Priests Black Panther atm

I'm reading Priests Black Panther atm.
Why do black people in the Marvel Universe not think of the Fantastic Four and the Avengers as heroes?

Sorry, wrong image.

at least you not sold your marriage to devil

honestly I'm more interested in the image you posted than some "not muh heroes" race bullshit

Priests Black Panther is tied up with race. If you'd rather just see Mephisto, go read ASM.

With that logic, who the fuck is Iron Man a hero for? The 1% of the 1%?

It's to give T'Challa a sense of responsibility for non-wakandans and to keep him away from returning home while the insurrection is happening.

It's not as nefarious as you imply if you read the run.

Tony Stark is kind of his own hero.

To be fair the Avengers spend so much time fighting each other and other superhero teams over their terrible world views and go mental and try to take over the world on the regular in any other fictional universe they'd be the supevillains.

>Why do black people in the Marvel Universe not think of the Fantastic Four and the Avengers as heroes?
How is saving the Earth doing something for ME and MINE?

I'm reading it atm. It just seems contrived.

To be fair like 90% of what Tony Star does is create a problem and then scramble to fix it. That's not very heroic.

Not that they're not heroes, that they're not their heroes. Because they see the Avengers as superheroes for the elite. They're the superheroes that protect the system, and the system doesn't do anything for you when you live in the hood.
So then to have a hero who runs visible charity organizations in their communities, who sets up shop and works in their neighborhoods, even when he's King of a country half the world away, when your local heroes don't seem to care, is inspiring.

At least, that's what I took from this.

You can see the same thing in X-Men comics....

I think the message here is that black people are extremely racist.

The same way that Obama was the president of the United States but not my president

That's basically science in a nutshell, though.

When you degrade yourself and stay locked in a “slave” mentality then everyone who is not like you is the other or evil, despite equality and inclusiveness.
If you think yourself the lesser then you will always see the world as an uphill struggle.
In Marvel, where every book is socially conscious it reads ridiculous that people have their own heros. Heros are by nature supposed to be unattainable by mortals, they are above race and gender. By inserting angry rhetoric and ideology as cultural commentary only achieves in perpetuity of the us vs them mentality.

Wasn't Mephisto in Priest's run of Black Panther?

Because everyone, black and white and in-between in the marvel universe is both an asshole and and idiot with short memories.

As if Wakanda gives a shit about American Africans (or other Africans or anyone outside of Wakanda).

Saving the earth saves the hood though. The hood is on earth.

The only important thing about a person is the color of their skin, user. Their personalities and actions mean diddlysquat.

>Why do black people in the Marvel Universe not think of the Fantastic Four and the Avengers as heroes?

Sure they save the world on a daily basis, but what have they done for blacks lately? When's the last time they donated 50% of their paycheck to black communities or paid for their movie tickets?

Is there any black panther stuff worth reading?

You’d think that some black people would like Ben because of the Yancy Street stuff.

Priest run is worth it, maybe Coates. Hickman's New Avengers.

>Coates

At the same time, it was Captain America who talked the mob down from rioting, not Black Panther.

Because blacks are racist against whites

Tiny Stank isn't a hero he's cancer.

Unironically this

Yes, because that picture is from Priest's opening home run arc of Black Panther and that user has clearly not read it in a while

>Tiny Stark
Oh bugger off you autist. I doubt he's got a 9" horsecock, but he's probably a good enough size to fuck around so much. Get a life...

I find it funny Priest just made a Black Panther ripoff when he ventured over to DC

I mean he's like a Black Panther from an African failed state, so not quite the same thing.

He also lampooned his Black Panther run when he was writing Quantum & Woody.

I really feel like Ross, for all that he's an out of his depth white boy, was Priest's self-insert in a lot of ways.

Because they don't pander to black people specifically, they're racist.

Remember that this is Marvel and all the citizens are idiots. Remember that most of them don't know what the superheroes really do to save them. At most they saw the FF face down Galactus in midtown.

To be fair, black people in DC seem to hold much the same opinions. At least when being written by Denny O'Neil, who seems to have forgotten that DC's characters live in a universe where giant starfish try and enslave the planet every few months.

>Fire barely moves the entire time
Fucking DROPPED

I knew some white subhuman would eventually reply

The Thing is at home with a donut eater instead of on the street.

Donut eater is a pejorative term for the police.

I see what the cartoonist did there.

Did you know different races have different average brain volumes?

Nope, he was the normal guy amidst the crazyness and he was suppose to be a one off character but Priest had too much fun with him.

Blacks are narcissistic. They literally think that whites are plotting 24/7 to keep them subjugated. Look up guys like Tariq Nasheed. I don't know how anyone can live like that.