What appeals to mature audiences?

Hey Cred Forums could you tell me what cartoons would appeal to educated teenagers and mature adults?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXg8_QQX3X0
youtube.com/watch?v=SGy6lD75Owg
youtube.com/watch?v=0hrM2biD7g4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rick & Morty

WUBBA LUBBBA DUB DUB

I'M PICKE RIIIICK

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Lastman and Wakfu are nice for teenagers

You are a failed Futurama/Simpsons wannabe. You disappoint me, son.

And none of those even measure up to Venture Brothers. or The Boondocks.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Richard and Mortimer is an excellent piece of art, my good chap

Ric an morti

Duckman, The Critic, Dr. Katz, Dilbert...

There's this anime called リックと乙女. It has a nice atmosphere and complex characters.

This honestly felt like the most down to earth written fantasy cartoon I've ever watched.

But some people complained that the dialogue and interactions were kind of boring.

I need cartoons about middle schoolers for my little man. Can some of you help?

Those are for cynical boring adults, weirdos and manchildren. Real adults need some fun entertainment to watch.

Not that one.

Let him watch Kids from Room 402, he'll soon learn how to be a proactive asshole and learn how to make a joke and laugh at losers for entertainment.

Venture Bros, Archer, Futurama

Hey Arnold

Thanks, but I don't have a kid. Any more suggestions?

There's still a heavy stigma against cartoons in the west in general, so honestly you'd have to make another animated sit-com. If you wanted to tackle more complex themes and topics, you'd have to slowly ween your audience onto them, kind of like how South Park and Family Guy slowly became more political over their runs.

>mature adults

*inhales*

The Boondocks?

youtube.com/watch?v=nXg8_QQX3X0

He's technically in high school, but I think Rick and Morty would be a good choice.

Something that makes them feel smart while they huff their own farts.

What about cartoons which inspire them to be edgy?

I was actually thinking more along the lines of something that takes place mostly in a school. I'll check those out though and see if they satisfy my itch. Thanks!

That would depend entirely on the individual. Being mature doesn't necessarily mean the media you consume is mature. I have relatives who are quite serious, and yet I've seen them nearly laugh to tears watching The Three Stooges. Now, I respect the art form of slapstick, but I can't exactly call it mature.

Tron: Uprising
Over the Garden Wall
Motorcity
Spicy City
The Adventures of TinTin
Lastman
The Maxx
The Venture Bros
Bob's Burgers
Moonbeam City
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
Moral Orel
Batman: The Animated Series
Justice League
Samurai Jack
Sealab 2021
Black Dynamite
Mike Tyson Mysteries
The Tick
Bojack Horseman
Futurama
Voltron: Legendary Defender

Wait, like shows or are movies also allowed?

Clone High then.

You forgot Rick and Morty.

I was wondering... are there animated series with high budgets and good writing which appeal to quality-seeking people, **but are not action cartoon shows?**

It seems like action cartoons by requiring the most budget for their animated action scenes, also go the extra mile to get good writers for their on going storyline and episode plots.

I'm the r&m guy. I fucking made this thread

>high budgets
>not action
>series

Dude, that is tough. You'd have better luck with movies.

Possibly Daria. But that's not everyone's cup of tea.

In Western animation? I can't think of any at the top of my head. You're more likely to find something along those lines in anime.

Xavier: Renegade Angel

I'd have to say Diabolik.

>Tropical environment
>Covered in skin-tight black leather/rubber

That's gotta suck

It's also really tough to say because we have no idea how big the budget of each show is. Some of the more "mature" or "experimental" stuff might be operating under shoestring budgets for all we know.

I see you're a man of culture as well.

i see that my people are in this thread, thats quite dandy, baby.

That racing episode had me in fucking stitches

God, the Devil and Bob
Mission Hill
youtube.com/watch?v=SGy6lD75Owg
youtube.com/watch?v=0hrM2biD7g4

I still think Dan Vs is the superior show for having that shiny look and more badass appeal to it.

Something about adult shows and the way they're drawn just makes me want to puke.

When people say "budget" they mean quality and think quality is dictated by budget, which it actually isn't. And people rarely know what the budget was anyway. There's no point in talking about budget.

Not that user, but when I use 'budget' I do make it clear that I refer to actually the resources in the production of a show. Usually to highlight and commend the output and originality achieved with small amount of resources, which is how I define creativity.

good writing