DC VS Marvel

How accurate is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PraUjsClgDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

partially%

why is dracula with the Marvel heroes?

not at all Marvel is superior in LITERALLY EVERY way

I guess? Does it matter? I find characters who are fuck-ups and have both admirable and awful traits far more engaging. It's why I love JonCon but find Batman boring, even DC-Wise.

Main difference between DC and Marvel is Final Crisis
I have never been more enthralled reading an event and it alone puts DC at the top for me

everyone does that's why Black Panther is making billions and aqua man doesn't even have a poster

>DC: Written for manchildren
>Marvel: Written by manchildren

Hal Jordan and Cyclops are the only good characters in your pic

It's an old picture from when they were pushing Dracula/vampires in the X-Men comics I guess. Back when True Blood and vampires were popular.

You forgot that DC had shit stories for quite a while now has pretty good stories. Marvel had really great stories for a few decades and are now shit with bits of corn in it.

How is cyborg not a freak?

Pretty much
>DC : heroes and superhumans trying to be people
>Marvel : people trying to be heroes

Ah, the classic response of the lazy ignorant fuck.

>pic VS Milkshake Crew explains alot.

Cyclops is the best character in that picture

Still doesn't prove it wrong.

It's still wrong though.

>Hal Jordan
Why are you talking about the worst Green Lantern?

best

That's some 'childhood is thinking Batman is right, adulthood is realizing Joker was right all along' autism tier.
Seriously kill yourself. Do a favor to humanity.

God, I am sick and tired of all this bigoted Cred Forums shit infesting Cred Forums.
Just because Cyborg ispart robot it doesn't make him any less a human being.

>Cyclops
>good
He's so shitty that writters are forced to use twist after twist to make people pay attention to him

Every GL is better than Hal...except maybe Alan Scott

More like:
'childhood is thinking Batman is right, edgy teens thinking Joker was right, adulthood is realizing Punisher was right all along'

Immomen is so good. Too good for Bendis, Fraction and Slott.

WE WAZ MOVIE

The whole idea that Superman is a “god” is so borderline retarded I’m somewhat inclined to think that everyonr that repeats it is just Zack Snyder samefagging. Kent was raised in small town Christian USA, he works a 9-5 job, he’s not a raging cockhead like Stark, but he’s not fucking Jesus. He’s Captain America with Thor’s strength, and people really don’t get that.

Adulthood is realizing Darkside is

Who's the one in the middle?

>putting the only guy who's better than Hal at the bottom
You don't fool me, you made this on purpose. Nobody has this much shit taste.

But Punisher is right.

>Black Panther
literally even more of a mary sue than Batman
The "marvel heroes are human" rule doesn't apply to him

>Lex Luthor on DC
>Wilson Fisk on Marvel
Seems accurate

More like
>Cassandra Nova at DC
>MoS Luthor at Marvel

>Thor
>freak or snowflake
Nope.

None at all. One of the most popular series of all time for DC was the new teen titans who were huge fuck-ups l while the x-mem were sexy and glamorous.

it's promo art from Fear Itself

But Black Panther has no flaws

His country is his biggest flaw.

Ding ding ding.

>your characters being unreletable and flawless is a good thing

DCuck logic

Wasn't he bred to be the ultimate Asgardian?

Aquaman does have a poster and has for over a year. It's that unite the seven one. They were clearly talking about the seven seas or artifacts.

>Literal Norse god and the original kebab remover: Mutant freak and special snowflake

>Company whose big three characters were created by two NEET Jews in high school after plagiarizing Doc Savage and Gladiator, Character created by a Jew jewing another Jew who plagiarized The Shadow, and a character created by a literal male feminist with a bondage kink: Ubermenschen

Makes sense to me.

No it is wrong. Look beyond Superman and Wonder Woman and dc heroes are mostly average people who got their powers in freak accidents or just given to them. In marvel the heroes are either born with their powers or just plain super geniuses

forty years ago, currently it is:
>DC: heroes fighting villains
>Marvel: heroes fighting other heroes

DC: heroes with superpowers
Marvel: assholes with superpowers
I'm just kidding, there's not much difference between the two

>Dracula push

How did that go over? Sounds like a better idea than The Inhuman or Weirdworld push.

youtube.com/watch?v=PraUjsClgDM

Stop liking DC heroes

about time someone fucking said it

>youtube link
I ain't gonna watch that shit, summarise what he said for me.

>Black Panther
>rich
>genius
>MA expert
>super human strength
>unobtanium suit
>KANG of the most technologically advanced country

Yeah, he's very flawed.

>he has a literal god's power
>The whole idea that Superman is a “god” is so borderline retarded

they are misrepresented in non comic media

>Bruce Wayne
>rich
>genius
>MA expert
>Fights supervillains despite lack of superhuman strength
>Always conveniently has whatever gadget he needs for any situation in his belt
>CEO of the most technologically advanced company

Yeah he's very flawed.

Marvel has watchable movies, but sucks at everything else
DC sucks at movies, but is better at everything else

What gods are flying bricks? The most common god powers are reality warping in some way: transforming themselves and other people, being able to destroy and create things with a thought. When they fight they use divine weapons FFS they don't punch people.

>Cancer Patient vs Fat Fuck
Makes sense I guess?

Supes doesn't have a "God's" power, you utter mong. In fact, any time he tries to directly take on actual Divinities, he gets his shit pushed in. You would know this if you actually fucking read comics.

>What gods are flying bricks?
Thor

Superman is nowhere near god levels. God tier can wrap reality by thought alone.

He is flawed in the sense he's a paranoid control freak.

>Muh whataboutism

In Marvel, but not the legends.

Poor Drac deserves to be used more

I think Marvel heroes are closer to the heart (despite how much they fails as heroes) compared to DC heroes which is why they are much easier to adapt to the big screen.

The fuck?
Batman is one of the most flawed heroes at DC.
He may be a billionaire super ninja, but he's also a mentally unstable nutjob who can never let go of the past, puts children in danger, and his refusal to kill scumbags like The Joker is just as much a weakness as it is a virtue.

>All comparative arguments are whataboutism
Good to know we can add this retarded trait to the horseshoe of SJWs and Alt Right

I din't read Marvel but what I know about DC is this.
>fictional cities
>anachronistic settings
>metahumans are not publicly discriminated against.

Now I have read Kurt busiek JLA/Avengers and Kurt busiek is supposed to be a big nerd so let me pull some pages to see what he considers to be the differences between the two universes.

The problem is that you can't consider them flaws when he suffer no consquences or even be acknowledged as flaws.

You obviously have never read a batman comic.

Pretty true. I can't believe Marvel has no good video games for the MCU era. Lots of missed cash there

Here's something I wished was used nore often, metropolis as a city of tomorrow.

More magic apparently.

I did and his mistakes are most of the times are blamed on someone else "Robins dying? Pfff, it's their fault for being incompetent!!".

I mean there's a whole event going on right now where the living embodiments of Batman's flaws and fears are tearing up the universe

>DC sucks at movies, but is better at everything else
it's sad that some people actually still believe that

>t's their fault for being incompetent!!".

Batman literally did not act that way about the death of any Robin. The one he took the best was Tim's "death". When Damian died Bruce went on a crime fighting bender for days on end without sleep just to keep himself preoccupied rather than face his sons death

They're not wrong. How much more did Injustice 2 sell than MvC?

>I did
No you didn't.

>I did and his mistakes are most of the times are blamed on someone else "Robins dying? Pfff, it's their fault for being incompetent!!".
When has that ever been the case? When has someone ever blamed the Robins.

Since you have read it, I'm sure you will be able to provide a source.

Blaming himself is one thing, but when you have characters telling him it's not hid fault (Dick, Alfred, Tim..etc all blamed Jason for his death) is another.

Jason Todd is literally a living example of victim blaming because the writers didn't want to "taint" Batman.

But Batman consider the death of Jason Todd to be his biggest failure as Batman.

Aren't you losers the ones who keep saying sales don't equal quality?

You're straight up lying.

He does, but he also put the blame on him. Just look at Hush for example.

Which JLA/Avengers crossover is canon to DC? I remember this big event you're showing but I also remember smaller crossovers from years before like Green Lantern/Iron Man

No, he isn't. Anyone who has knowledge about Batman comics know about this.

Nah, thar's a straight up lie. If they blame anyone they blame the joker AKA the guy who is truly responsible for Jason Todd's death.

The writers interpret it as Jason being a failure, not his death.

But marvel has female writers and artists you sexist!

That's wrong though.

The original meaning wasn't, but the writers twisted the meaning so Batman wouldn't get blamed.

Literally anyone can use google right now and will find examples of this. There are actual articles about the topic.

>Which JLA/Avengers crossover is canon to DC
None of them.

>my perfect husbando Batman can't possibly be a gary stu!

>There are actual articles about the topic.
Why don't you post them?

What issue is this?

I'm not your search engine. Use google and you will find it.

Batman's like the only DC character that could be argued to be a Nietzschean Ubermensch. I hate the stupid meme that Superman has anything to do with that concept though, beyond being a tongue in cheek dig at the Nazi's Ubermensch, which in turn was a complete bastardization of Nietzsche's writing.

>>metahumans are not publicly discriminated against.
This is honestly the only real significant difference between the two. Marvel citizens are on average significantly more retarded than DC citizens, although that makes them a lot more believable and realistic. Really comes down to what degree of escapism you want to engage in.

>do my work for me
kys faggot

>my work

It's important to note that while metahumans are wildly discriminated you still get asshole behavior from the government who treat them like lab rats and living weapons.

>not discriminated against
You also have grizzled normal badasses like Batman or police detectives who see metas are dangerous and irresponsible. Gotham central even had a low-level metahuman who kept her powers because of it.

>thar's a straight up lie. If they blame anyone they blame the joker
Wew, lad.

>the good old days when Tim was such a Mary Sue
And now it's Damian's turn.

Rereading his series only highlight how much of a mary sue he is. He's not a nerd but an extremly popular kid who every hero compliments and he fight way above his weight level.

Kek is Tim even anyone's favorite Robin?

he deserves to have his baller cape an mustache combo back

Now I have something I have to read. Thanks user.

Dc universe: Meta, Universe Power upgrade, Kill some god, The batman & friends show 24/7. Boring characters

Marvel universe: Retarded decisions, Wasted potential, Terrible characters.

This is Marvel. He's probably considered an unambiguous fucking hero right now even though he still eats babies occasionally.

The general public in DC tends to be quite hostile to ayylmaos (except Supes of course) because they invade every other week.

Martian Manhunter is also fairly well-liked by the public. It seems to be a general thing where so long as the alien race in question isnt trying to enslave or drive a probe up the planet's ass, DC civilians are fine with them.

The same cannot be said for Marvel civvies.

Yeah tons of DCivies want to fuck Starfire whereas even the sexiest X-women get hated on by the public.

To be fair, Most of the mutants are random as fuck.

There are three mutant that can bend reality.

Took a break from comics towards the end of the summer so now I'm completely out of the loop. How's DC been comics wise? How has Doomsday Clock been? Is Marvel still shit?

Marvel is still shit. DC seems to be doing alright. Consensus is mostly positive on Doomsday Clock and Metal. Iv'e seen some dislike for it but not outright revulsion.

Not that user but I believe that is the tie in issue of Future's End for Constantine.

DC is still shit and Marvel has gotten a lot better

>DC heroes are gods
>Marvel heroes are human beings

These generalization are fucking stupid

childhood is thinking batman is right
teen years is thinking joker is right
adulthood is thinking punisher is right
enlightenment is realizing Darkseid is

>finally get your dream position writing for DC
>asked to turn up to meet with your editor at 9 AM
>turn up
>your editor isn't there, Jim Lee is
>"We noticed you didn't turn up at 7AM for the daily pre-working workout user, so I've canceled your meeting and scheduled you in for an emergency lifting session with Geoff"
>spend the next three hours trying pitifully to work out at Geoff Johns watches you silent while eating a bowl of cereal
>doesn't say anything but later you hear him asking Jim if you've signed the contract yet
>go home dejected
>5 minutes after you arrive there's a knock at the door
>it's Scott Snyder
>he calls your first day a crisis and puts you an emergency fitness regime, the same one he makes his children go through
>after 3 days with poor progress you're called to an executive meeting
>"This just isn't working out user, a bit like you haha. We tried to contact Grant to see if he could cast some muscle magic on you but he's too busy immersed in dominatrix sessions on peyote in prep for writing the next WWEO book"
>they all flex you goodbye as you pack up your desk
>"Maybe you can still get a job with Marvel"

>someone who's never read one dracula comic in his life

Kek

I love how Didio is the tank of the team

>Vertigo

hes negro tho

The fuck do you think unite the seven is.

>DC: you can be like these heroes.

>MARVEL:these heroes are just like you.

>written by edgy manchildren

Dracula as in Tomb of Dracula, or some other vampire?

The way I see it, DC Characters have flaws, but they're more... "romanticized". What are Batman's flaws? He's a control freak, he's too scared to get attached, he's too headstrong, etc, etc. But at the same time he's hyper-competent at everything, even including fucking (Dee-Dee). Then you look at Marvel's closest thing to Batman, Iron Man, and compared to Bruce he's a giant fuck-up. He's an alcoholic (even if you abstain the "itch" never goes away), he's betrayed his closest friends, he's reviled by a wide majority, he's a master of only one "thing", gets no respect from each group he belongs to, for different reasons, and at the same time has no real close relationships with anybody even if he wants to. Bruce, for all his whinning, has a big family and legitimate friends. He's seen as a pillar of the community, and in his Wayne persona he's seen as either a dumb playboy or a man of charity. Stark having no Secret ID, means that both of his lives suffer the same fate.

At the end of the day, both have faults, but one's are more severe, and are actual flaws, not negative traits used as a dressing.

Superman wasn't created in 1986, dumbfuck.

your right at least 3 of the justice leagues could wipe out the human race if given the motivation, 6 out the 7 are genius, and superman makes the whole team redundant

>Stark having no Secret ID, means that both of his lives suffer the same fate.
The casual is strong with this one.

What is the Marvel equivalent of this?

Also tony stark's alcoholism hasn't mattered in fucking ages and his closest friends don't care that he betrays them. There's so much wrong with these post that you can tell this guys only know about Cred Forums memes.

The only people who think marvel heroes are morally inferior are shitposters.

>Shits on DC for having a character made by jews when almost marvels entire line is made by a Jew.
What did user mean by this?

I understand the idea, but it isn't. Only Batman in that pic could conceivably be thought of as Übermensch, the rest are an assortment of aliens, an alien-McGuffin powered cyborg, demi-gods, a guy who gets his powers from another alien McGuffin, and well, mutated freaks.
On the other hand I'm not sure how Thor for instance is supposed to be more of a special snowflake than Superman.

>Hal "slipped in the bathtub and hit his head, who the hell's Bruce Wayne?" Jordan
>ubermensch

Not very accurate. Captain America and Thor are every bit the übermenchen ideal as Superman and Batman are. And poor Cyborg is a freak.

It applied in the Silver Age, but not so much now.

>You... lost a partner?
>Sort of. He came back recently as an edgy antihero.
>Huh. Me, too!

>When Damian died Bruce went on a crime fighting bender for days on end without sleep just to keep himself preoccupied rather than face his sons death
No, he took the Manbat serum, put on a mech suit and went to kill Talia

>Articles
And you've just outed yourself as a casual.

Why do you fags keep insisting on calling everyone a normalfag whn you yourselves have only superficial knowledge? Stark's alcoholism gets brought up in EVERY run. In Busiek's it was in the Carol/Kree Arc. In the Mid-2000s run it was brought up during Civil War, when Happy is injured and Cap breaks the treaty. Plus various times when he's Director of SHIELD and is cracking under the pressure. In Fraction's run it even got its own issue. In Bendis' run it's brought up near the end when he goes to a meeting.

Seriously, why the fuck do you do this? Do you get off on spewing those terms around?

JLA/Avengers is canon. Busiek references it in Syndicate Rules.

>6 months and a fitness routine later

yeah the guy psychotically beating up criminals while dressed as a bat because his parents were shot.

real good example ya got there

>Ghastly internal injuries
Never spotted that before. Oh Bueno you cad!

Jack Palance Drac is Best Drac.

>Cyclops is the best character ever

fixt

aren't übermenchen also special snowflakes?

JRjr

You're not helping Marvel.

>gary stu
Fucking end yourself.

Busiek's entire Trinity series was also about the end of it, with Krona and the cosmic egg

Captain America's on there twice

The one on the right is BuckyCap. I can tell by the gun.

That he's a board tourist

Nope. They're both equally flawed.

>I didn't read requiem

Kek
Fuck off Cred Forums

that reads like a giant 'fuck you' directed at marvel. i love when DC shitposts

Try an antithesis.
Nietzsche wanted a liberated thinker.
The Nazis wanted a fanatic Space Marine.

Great Lakes Avengers, maybe?
They aren't usually this inspirational, though. Just really bad at their job. Any job, really.