youtu.be/XKPzKm3JdD8
youtu.be/Q6km-3ot8Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=vmi-MtP969M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody cares, Moby!

Nobody.

so woke

damn deep shit

Why are you blaming technology for the actions of retarded users?

This make me really think so much that my head exploded and I died thanks Moby

A thread died for this

Man, fuck Moby and fuck the guy who animated this. All his fuckin' work is this "thomas edison was a witch" modern society surface level hot take horseshit.

aaahhh moby has finally crossed the line to "damn kids got off my lawn" staus

Wow how could we be so blind

I've got to say, for a Moby song, this is NOT that bad
Still gay as fuck, but at least he moved from "piano loop with three chords + voice loop with 2 verses + beat loop + repeat " for 5 minutes.

That all said
>criticizes smartphones
>video was probably made on Apple computers
>Criticizes Youtube
>Upload it on Youtube
>Criticizes alienation and boredom
>The lyrics are nothing but verses and beats being repeated, with nothing really smart to say

You see Moby, in order to criticize some real bullshit, you should at least try to not duplicate it.
Black Mirror you are not.

Because it gave the dumbest people in the world access to a global audience of idiots.

Moby? You can get stomped by Obie. Ya 36 year old bald-headed fag. Blow me.

We all know the Idiocracy/Shadowrun futures are the two most likely at this point.

I liked the stop motion version better
youtube.com/watch?v=5wrwcEZ3Btw

Also the beta version, in MS Paint
youtube.com/watch?v=qT6XCvDUUsU

>Moby is doing the same music video for decades by now

DO A FLIP

I watched this on my smartphone

>CELLPHONES ARE SCARYYYYY
>TECHNOLOGY IS SCARYYYY
>Durrrrr
>nevermind the fact that i uploaded this on the internet tho
woah..... really made me think

That's the scary thing, user. We are enslaved... We cannot live without it.

Kinda true, you have to be really insecure to deny that technology and social media are engineering our society on a psychological level. Just take a look at some of the people you pass on the street, they get stupider every year.

youtu.be/XKPzKm3JdD8

>they get stupider every year
yeah because the common person was so smart in the 1950s

His entire point about people being wrapped up in systems of control are made trivial by making the whole thing revolve around smartphones. It makes the whole thing come off like its a problem unique to the 2010s, like the Unabomber wasn't writing about the potential dangers of widespread dependence on technology in the 80s and 90s and Jacques Elluls hadn't written "The Technological Society" all the way back in the 1950s.

>Oh my god. I'm so cool I do not care. I'm cool yet. Please say I'm cool.

Holy shit, how cool you are, user.

>"thomas edison was a witch"
That's directly from tumblr and a bit excessive. Why so butthurt and thin-skinned?

youtu.be/Q6km-3ot8Qo

This is the kind of stuff we were dreaming of and anticipating half a century ago. Why go back?

>this thread again
Please stop
Or stop paying whichever shilling company you hired to shill this shit for you

Smart enough to save the world from both a world war and an economic disaster. Can you say we're smart enough to do the same today? We flubbed the middle east and the recession's effects are still at play. So yeah, maybe they were smarter.

Yeah, most people get super defensive about their phone use and resort to "hurr thomas edison was a witch technology is scary" tier strawmanning at anyone who expresses concern over social media and smartphones, but it's clear there's some sort of shift going on.
In my country the authorities had to start a campaign informing people on how to act in a case of emergency; instead of shooting it help the injured, call for help, warn others.

Sure we've had cameras and video around for a long time, but I've never before heard that people have to be told basic decency stuff like "if you see people bleeding on the street, help them and call emergency instead of just standing there and taking video, and don't obstruct the first responders".

idk, it's my feeling too that something's changing psychologically because people think a lot more about producing content for their personal media accounts.

>Smart enough to save the world from both a world war and an economic disaster.
But not smart enough to let blacks and whites drink from the same fountain.

>future bought upon us by dipshit beaners and niggers destroying everything to be saved by an enlightened white man
except there is no white man to save us, you wish there was a shadow run ending

>Yeah, most people get super defensive about their phone use and resort to "hurr thomas edison was a witch technology is scary" tier strawmanning at anyone who expresses concern over social media and smartphones,
Playing devil’s advocate here; it may be perfectly normal people who don’t abuse social media feel they’re being lumped in with the dumbasses who do the shit you described.
If you listen to Marilyn Manson, you’d be be peeved if you were lumped with school shooters. Or if you were a casual jackass fan and got grouped with the idiots who did the stunts from the show.

>We flubbed the middle east and the recession's effects are still at play
Both of which will be minor, forgettable moments in history in about 100 years. The fact that America is still the sole global superpower tells me we're doing something right.
>b-b-b-but what about [problem that every country experiences and will always experience]
Go make some thread about western society's downfall in Cred Forums.

These sort of inane half-baked "deep artistic statements" on the deleterious effects of technology on our society have been made for centuries. Maybe millennia. It's dumb shit said by snobs who want to appear refined and intellectual and free from the mindless vapidity of mass society.

Technology didn't introduce these problems, they just exacerbated already existing human tendencies. Today, people look on Liveleak or Worldstar for their daily dose of cathartic thuggery or macabre fascination. In the past, they just went out and saw a public execution in the city, or a fight at the arena, or maybe beat their spouses or got drunk and started brawling if they weren't lucky enough to live in the city, who knows. Vanity isn't fucking new either, otherwise Raphael and Da Vinci and all those other Renaissance masters would have had to stop painting because they wouldn't make any money from it. You think a selfie is bad? Imagine the fucking gall it takes to have someone insert you into a commissioned piece of art as Jesus or something.

The only real difference is the fact of instant transmission, lower barriers to access, and abundance of data, which do present problems of choice paralysis and decision fatigue, but that's not usually what these pieces are talking about.

>idk, it's my feeling too that something's changing psychologically because people think a lot more about producing content for their personal media accounts.
People have always had the psychological need to attention whore.
It’s just more accessible and more easier to spot now.

>People are seriously shilling social media culture
>On Cred Forums

Shit is fucked, indeed

Literally all urban population centers were like that in the past, a famous case reharding the bystander effect was in the 80s before any of the things youbare so sure are destroying society, just the urban areas grew and now a greater percentage of the population is in it.

people dont get defensive, they get annoyed you think technology is some evil talisman when its just human nature you happen to see. Remove that shit tomorrow and people will just walk faster when they see someone bleeding instead of staying around for pictures.

>arguing against behavioral sinks in the OG internet age behavioral sink
Its a fun time by all when there's a fire, even the people in it. You're just a sad faggot here after the ashes wondering why nothing is fun anymore

>Technology = Smartphone zombies

Moby may have a point. People got retarded.

>But not smart enough to let blacks and whites drink from the same fountain.
You're right, they weren't smart enough to exterminate the blacks like they should have.

E D G Y
D
G
Y

based space ghost

Moby's just a crotchety old pseudo-boomer who can't' figure out smartphones.

Nice reading comprehension there. My point is that people's default state is zombies. smartphones are the latest in the line of boogeyman.

let me guess, you have, much like the Joker, one intelligent, nihilistic, and wicked sense of humor ?

>Sure we've had cameras and video around for a long time, but I've never before heard that people have to be told basic decency stuff like "if you see people bleeding on the street, help them and call emergency instead of just standing there and taking video, and don't obstruct the first responders".

You know Jesus told a parable about this one, right, like, 2000 years ago? It wasn't even bystander shit, like 'someone else will surely do it, this was "hol up, this could be a trap." or, "I could become ritually impure if I touch a filthy man dying in a ditch." I somehow doubt the apostles tweeted that one out.

>you think technology is some evil talisman
That's precisely the defensive strawmanning I was talking about though, that need to twist anyone expressing worry over excessive social media or smartphone use into some "hurr technology is witchcraft" retard. Thanks for proving my point.

Anyhow I never said technology is some evil talisman (seriously), I said that social media and smartphones and this new culture of building yourself into a brand and needing to produce content for your followers probably have some sort of psychological effect, which probably isn't wholly beneficial.

I'm not saying it's all bad, there's good stuff too, but aggressively insisting that there just cannot be any negative consequences whatsoever and anyone suggesting that there might be is just a luddite afraid of progress is just being ultra defensive. It gives the impression of being afraid of the possibility that it might be true, honestly.

Kinda like booze. It's awesome, but it's easy to overuse and slide into the negative effects.Then people like you are acting as if expressing any concern over some people getting too drunk too often is the same as demanding that all booze should be banned forever because it's the piss of Satan, or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=vmi-MtP969M

>and don't obstruct the first responders

Police consider it obstruction if you're in the same zip code they're in, so I usually discount that unless someone's actually standing in the way.

You're trying to argue that the officials who say that they haven't seen behavior like this before smartphones during their decades-long careers as emergency responders and who've noticed that these days people are ruder and get more in your face with their cameras are imagining it?

Yes, there was a magical time when people had massive amounts of empathy and it happened to be in the past. Thumbs up if you were born in the wrong generation
It didnt change anything is what I'm saying, you just see people's internal feelings and thought procceses and it makes you uncomfortable. There was a cultural shift towards openness and information but not actually a significant shift towards helping anyone.

People have been self centered fuckshits since time immemorial. Social Media just makes it more prevalent now since everyone and their grandma thinks their bullshit is worth sharing.

Gee, I wonder if they are the same people who saw thier towns turn to small cities or see thier small cities turn to large urban centers and suddenly feel everyone is angrier and ruder now thier packed in closer and they dont know everyone by name anymore. Meanwhile actual data indicates response time for professional first responders is faster than ever in relation to population density and survivability is also up.

Anyone hate when people try to use the earlier styles of animation but do t try and make it look as authentic as possible? This and Jay-z’s “the story of OJ” just look like modern animation wearing the skin of fleischer cartoons?

>It didnt change anything
I disagree with that. It's more than just seeing people's thought processes, it's that people now have new thought processes centering around building a brand on social media, gaining followers and likes, being popular in that field too in addition to the oldschool ones, producing content that other people would like, and also keeping updated on the endless content other people push out.

Again, all of that have some (very) good effects too, but nevertheless it's new, we're in the middle of finding out what the effects will be, and thinking that it's all positive and harmless and absolutely cannot have any negative effects on anyone because reasons tralalala is just naive and delusional.

But I've noticed a lot of people don't want to admit even the slightest possibility of social media etc maybe also having negative effects in some cases, but instead react with this kneejerk "you think all technology is an evil talisman destroying society and hate progress" defensive strawmanning. It's kinda weird how touchy people get.

ah jeez, did you learn that little snarky comeback from the evil smart phones?

What is it your business what people do on their off time? Are you a Jew manager or something?
>"REEEE WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING LIKE ANTS INSTEAD OF BEING ON YOUR SMART PHONES?!"

>Meanwhile actual data indicates response time for professional first responders is faster than ever in relation to population density and survivability is also up.
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

>same people who saw thier towns turn to small cities or see thier small cities turn to large urban centers and suddenly feel everyone is angrier and ruder
No, they're professionals whose job it is to manage things in emergency situations and who describe having noticed a shift in how bystanders react to accidents that seems tied to smartphones. Why do you feel the need to come up with these weird excuses?

each and every generation fear mongers retarded shit, that the new generation has I've been around long enough to remember the bs against tvs, and I imagine there might be a few oldfags around that remember the shit against comics as well, stop making these fucking threads you hack.

Maybe in a small segment that already would have been suspectable to shit before from newpapers to radio to TV, the vast majority aren't doing anything but using tech to speak thier previously vacuous minds.
>professionals say x
Meanwhile none of the shit they say are remotely relevent towards results. They are professional blood mops, no reason to put any more stake in thier words than some jerkoff off the street.

>Oh geez, ain't technology baaaaad? btw if you liked this video, be sure to please like and subscribe. Don't forget leave a comment down below. Check out our Spotify!

Hey, do me a favor and look up Herostratus.

Why are normal people so butthurt and scared about consumerism, large scale social media and multinational corporations?

Serious question.

So, let the idiots be idiots then, why do you care about them when it's none of your business?

Yes. Why even bother in copying the style if you're not going to do it right.

I don't think anybody normal really gives a shit, except for old retarded boomers who thought up this music video thinking they're woke for portraying corporations or senpaitachi as slaughterhouse havens run by those sentinels in The Matrix. To hell with all of this "your every selfish act orphans a child a world away"

I DO like in the image the smartphones aren't just the exact same for all of them.
I will say that's what you'd maybe expect so since it isn't, it's a nice touch.

So? We gave the global audience of idiots access to cheap salty snacks bit we know to blame the person eating not the damn Doritos.

whoaa!!! this completely changed my view on the world, it's really too complex, and i'm fortunate to understand this and not be a goddamn sheep of the system

The whole video is like an old man's rant about a new thing he hates and/or doesn't understand.

>We flubbed the middle east and the recession's effects are still at play.
Who the fuck is we? Most of our politicians were born in the 50s and 60s, hell Bush was born in '46, a literal, without blame, "not our fault" event