So... We all agree this is definetly going to win an oscar...

So... We all agree this is definetly going to win an oscar. Maybe not best picture but it definetly going to get an oscar.

>probably the highest grossing movie in 2018
>critically loved
>audienced loved as well.
>looking to do very well overseas.

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/02/16/black-panther-review-great-actors-make-failure-launch/
youtube.com/watch?v=8KeOxeuiZjs
youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1xscwDtIQ
archive.is/9Xxi2
archive.is/Z5Hws
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>capeshit blockbuster
>winning awards
might be a line too far

Lol. In the same year as Infinity War? Come on.
>looking to do well overseas
Overseas audiences aren't going to be interested in an African ethnostate starting a race war to kill and enslave anyone that's not black

>Highest grossing movie
>higher than Infnity war itself

Unless infnity crew up like justice league what is impossible because justice league was literraly an abandoned infunished movie directed by a fucking awful director who made sucker punch this will not happen

Infinity war isn't a fleshed out movie though, black panther is...

There 3 parts to infinity wars, maybe the third one, but definetly not the first.

>critically loved and audiences loved as well
Anyone and everyone knows that this is nothing but another Marvel movie but this time people don't wanna look racist. It's the exact same thing as Wonder Woman.
There's nothing to separate this from Doctor Strange and Ant-Man except this time they've got a black guy on the poster.

Except Marvel isn't marketing it as part 1 and part 2 for exactly that reason.

Where exactly do you think this movie about killing all the white people is gonna do well?

And shit like lala lands win?

>an oscar
I guarantee it will get as many oscars as Fury Road with about as many nominations as Shape of Water

Meanwhile Aquameh will get as many Razzies as Jack and Jill

The Oscars aren't about quality, they're about people who work on movies showing respect for one another and returning favors. That's why Leonardo Dicaprio won an award for one of his worst performances. That's why the Black Cat movie isn't going to win best picture no matter how much you shitpost about it.

Oacars viewing are also at an all time low, they would be dumb to not give this an oscar.

I agree, it was a fucking fun movie but is clearly not better than Winter Soldier or Iron Man 1, there is nothing fresh about it.

You’ve already been BTFO Cred Forums, do you really to be BTFO again?

>Time to mentioning DC: 9 posts
This just keeps dropping every day, is the MCU really that bad that people can only say "At least it's not Suicide Squad?"

>Oscars

Talk to me when this movie makes $300,000 in China.
>No they'll definitely be interested in a kid from Oakland who wants to take over the world and have black people control everything
No they won't. Get over it. This is going to do well in countries with white guilt and that's it.

We all know Hollywood loves nothing more than circlejerk movies about Hollywood itself or hommages to the "golden age". And La-la-land was both.

The dark knight won 2 oscars

I can't believe Wonder Woman still has a 92% rating.

hue hue hue

Because it was good. Black Panther is a cartoon. It's Young Justice. It's Spectacular Spider-Man. It's entertaining. It's quality. But it's pulp. It doesn't deserve an award that's not on MTV.

why?

Umm no sweetie

>T’Challa is big on border security, believes Wakanda and Wakandans should come first, and fiercely protects his country’s culture from outsiders, including refugees. If this is all starting to sound familiar, it should. Also like President Donald Trump, T’Challa’s beliefs are not based on race. This is not a “black thing.” This is a culture/survival thing.

>T’Challa might be the Black Panther, but Killmonger is a Black Panther in the Huey Newton-Bobby Seale 1960 black nationalist sense. Like the Black Panther Party, Killmonger was born in Oakland, California, and to him everything is a “black thing.” He wants the vibranium exported in the form of weapons to overthrow white people.

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/02/16/black-panther-review-great-actors-make-failure-launch/

I can't believe Black Panther has a higher rating than Pulp Fiction. I guess the "We're sorry" campaign is just that strong.

I don't really know how to respond to this without first asking you what alternate universe you're living in.

But muh diverse cast

Oh boy someone screen cap this, and watch the salt in 2019. You're fucking saying it won't even get ONE?!.

You're fucking retarded if you think it isn't going to get at least one. Maybe not the most coveted one (Best Film) but it going to get something.

We can also agree none of this is Cred Forums discussion

He is NOT Black Lives Matter and the movie is 100% at fault for people interpreting it that way. He wanted to kill and enslave everyone who didn't submit and obey his culture. He was a colonizer. And the movie knew this, they made reference to it, but they didn't realize their target audience was too fucking stupid to understand that and just played it safe by making him seem like he was just a kangsshitter
KillMonger could have been a cool villain but the movie failed him. It's the biggest weak point by far.

So America. A country that's a fifth black. Yeah it's doing well there.

But his resolution is to open up to the rest of the world and spread aid. Did they even watch the film?

Because it's not that good. Though, I'm not really sure how it would even out after the initial reviews.

Which one do you think it's going to get? Oscars aren't just gold stars. It has to do something better than every other movie that year. The only thing that I was consistently impressed by in this was the editing and it was nothing spectacular, it just wasn't garbage like most Disney movies. So which Oscar do you think it'll win? Which specific one?

So sending aid but not taking in refugees and only helping from a distance like what the president wants

Black Panther was solid but I can't think of any area where it was "the best"

Costumes/Dress for sure.

>Didnt make it clear enough he was essentially a colonialist
>Literally had him say ''The sun will never shit on the Wakandan Empire''

If the audience wasn't able to get that element its entirely their fault, it was incredibly blatant.

Why wouldn’t T’Challa be open to taking refugees?

MC > DC

That would be another "make up is a real oscar" meme waiting to happen

>a fifth black

I'm genuinely confused as to how you can be so wrong

An award that almost unanimously goes to period pieces and never, ever goes to CGI costumes.

Production Design is also a very strong candidate.

But they should have known that the type of people watching would be too fucking stupid. They really, really have to hammer it in for marvel fans.

it didn't excell in anything enough to get an Oscar. Oscars are supposed to highlight specific elements that stood out in a movie.
There was no performance that was really great, technically speaking the movie is nothing special. It can be successful sure but it doesn't excell at anyhting except marketing
That's why no Marvel movie or Star Wars movie got any oscar but LOTR did.
the big exception here is Disney getting some Oscars for best animated film but really that's because the category is a complete mess that was shoehorned in to pretend the big wigs gave a shit about animation

When you bring in refugees you bring their problems with you. Literally in the movie. And he never once mentioned taking in refugees, because he doesn't fucking want to.

this but unironically

No one even argues this anymore, stating it is on the level of saying "Alright the movie really really sucked but it could have been worse so be thankful!!"

He literally said that if they had just brought Killmonger there when he was a child and raised him in a better environment, he wouldn’t have become a villain.

>Still hanging on to the China meme

This weekend already proved BP doesn’t need those gooks.

Because he was the child of a Wakandan. That one is literally 100% on them.

Official rankings

>1 : Winter Soldier
>2 : Guardians vol1
>3 : Black Panther
>4 : Ant-Man
>5 : Iron Man 1

But HE WAS NOT BORN IN WAKANDA

You will not find a single person who works at Disney arguing that. At all. Foreign gross literally writes these movies. Remember Doctor Strange?

Best Costume Design for sure.

But he was Wakandan. Do you think that American refugees are all the children of Americans?

They literally had to color Killmonger different so you could tell him apart from Black Panther. That's a trick from fighting games not from an Oscar award winning picture.

Avatar won it in the year it came out, its not like a heavy use of CGI is a barrier to being nominated.

Sound Design

Gooks and chinks are the biggest fad hoppers, people are retarded if they dont think they wont go see this movie...

T. Chink who went to watch transformer overseas when most of the people didnt even know about it...

Nope.
CG costumes go into visual effects.

Is the newest fad in China "I wish a black guy would come and kill me for not being black"

The worst part is how WB was clearly not even trying to make a good cinematic universe.

I mean fucking c'mon, they gave the entire fucking thing to be directed AND produced by the director of sucker punch, they choose one of the worst choices possible, there was literally hundreds of better directors on hollywod and they keep hiring him flop after flop

It's clear that WB never saw this franchise as anything more than fast temporary cachcow so they rushed as hell without giving any single fuck.

Where is that a fad?

Explain capt america and u.s patriotism?

>black panther and Ant man above Iron Man
No, Fuck You, no

No where anywhere which is why Black Panther won't do well in China

All without China.

Face it Cred Forums, you’ve lost again.

Racist

That's going to be Solo: A Star Wars Solo Story

They will shill BP as if he was literally Batman, China will eat that up.

When did Black Panther promote that as a fad? I don’t remember that being in the movie.

>We can beat Suicide Squad. We can do it boys! And after that, Catwoman and Steel are going down!!
Christ the MCU must be in shambles if this is where you're at

Black Panther doesn’t need China. Stop this meme.

Ok... when? Next year's Oscars?

Isn't going to do very well in straya?

sup Cred Forums

That is a fucking goalpost move if I saw one. I’m saying a movie doesn’t need China to be successful. Squad was one of the highest grossing films of that year.

Iron Man had a weak primary villain, can't even recall who it is. I'll rewatch it though, it deserves as much. Unfortunately last time it was on TV I was with a lady im trying to forget

The thread started off about how this is going to be an Oscar winner, now you're saying it can outgross a piece of shit.

No the 2032 oscars

>Autistic Chinafag is still trying to argue

You’re going to be doing this even when BP hits $1 Billion huh?

>”It doesn’t matter if those niggers made one of the most successful movies ever, it still didn’t do well in CHINA! They hate niggers! The West is sav-“

I’m not the OP. Try again, loser.

Just take the loss like you did in Charlottesville.

>Everyone who doesn't like my ethnostate movie is RACIST

RACIST RACISTS RACISTS I HATE RACISM SO MUCH ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS ISN'T 2018 PICTURE OF THE YEAR JUST HATES BLACK PEOPLE

You guys champion ethnostates all the time and now you’re going to backpedal?

sup tumblr

So if yo u didn't like Black Panther that means you want a white ethnostate? Is this the new Marvel defense strategy?

youtube.com/watch?v=8KeOxeuiZjs

>1 kills to 0 kills
>loss

This movie wasnt about killing white people.

Just fuck already.

>they're about people who work on movies showing respect for one another
Wish they'd show animation some of that respect at least once.

>A martyr vs a scumbag who is going to be villified forever

I bet you thought 9/11 was a win for Bin Laden too huh?

I dunno about that.
Doctor Strange was about a guy learning about selflessness and self-sacrifice and moral relativism.
Ant-Man was just a well-done quippy popcorn flick. Hope learning to be less of a bitch was probably the only real character development in the film.
Wonder Woman gave lip service to the early 1900's feminist movement, but then turned back into a really really straightforward action movie.
Black Panther uses a black nationalist as the primary villain and he has the heroes arguing about global responsibility vs national responsibility and what that should mean in the modern world. Hell, in the end he kinda gets T'Challa to do what he wanted, in a less violent way. The movie wasn't saying anything new, but it definitely had more balls than any other superhero movie out there.

whgy do you nigger care about this moves so much? stop so many thread's in Cred Forums Cred Forums and Cred Forums

It's onna be one of the highest grossing but rember infinity war is right around the corner

I have no doubt that infinity war will beat this. But infinity war is not goingto get an oscar because the story isn't fleshed out yet. Who the fuck gives an oscar to part 1 of a movie trilogy?

Fellowship of the Ring should have won.

Wonder Woman is just Captain America The First Avenger if the second act wasn't so rushed and mindless. Nothing to really write home about. Also, Gal Gadot is a terrible leading actor and relies on others for her to bounce off of.

>black dot in japan
yeah, right.

>It's the exact same thing as Wonder Woman.
Not really. Main difference is Wonder Woman movie was ok, which was surprising after a string of fucking awful DC movies, so it stood out like shit in porridge. Black Panther is just yet another mediocre Marvel superhero film but you're not allowed to say that out loud or Rottentomatoes bans you.

It might get a nomination for best costume department or maybe make up, if anything at all, but it will absolutely not get nominated for FX, or any kind of actor/actress award, or sound track/direction, or anything like that.

Just look at Wonder Woman and see what critical and audience acclaim get you when you don't excel in any specific category, and have no chance to compete for best movie.

When did T'challa first become Black Panther?

>critically loved
For political reasons only.

>posting breibart

Black Panther is in Infinity War and from the trailers it looks like Wakanda is a major set peice as well. The majority of people that watched Black Panther will also go and watch Infinity War as well as fans of Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.

How can people honestly think Infinity War will make less than Black Panther. I'm sure Black Panther will do well but Infinity War will be HUGE

Were talking about oscars win you tard. Infinity part 1 isnt fleshed out enough yet.

You mean "very well for a movie pulled from most Asian theaters"

Why does it bother you so much that this movie is doing well?

>Talking about Black Panther
>Guy who is talking through his girlfriend is trying to convince me to become red-pilled
>"The blacks sold us the slaves."
>"Blacks don't experience anything that whites can't experience."
>"There's not been a lynching in America since 1955."
Jesus fuckin' christ

weird

The post I was replying to was somebody replying to another post which was saying Black Panther would make less than Infinity War. Maybe actually try reading the thread before you call somebody out you moron.

>He is NOT Black Lives Matter
>He wanted to kill and enslave everyone who didn't submit and obey his culture.

those are the okinawans although they're not that dark

>A martyr
You have to be remembered to be a martyr lmao that Cuck is more forgotten than TrayTray

Infinity War isn't a trilogy, a trilogy is three. There is going to be another Avengers movie next year but we don't even know if it's going to be Infinity War part 2. It was previously called that but they took that title away and now it's just "untitled avengers sequel". I'm sure it will involve Thanos but in interviews the directors have said they are two separate movies rather than one movie split in half. Either way I don't think any Marvel movie will win an Oscar unless it's for special effects or something. The oscars hate blockbusters and especially super hero movies.

Eh WonderWoman got tons of hype and popularity and it didn't get a freebee nomination like I expected.

Because it's not people giving it 9/10.
It's 9/10 people giving it a 6-7/10 level review.
It's why I hate Rotten Tomatoes.

if wakanda is a utopia why does it need a Black Panther figure at all?

Well, technically this is a movie where 97% of critics are giving it a 8.2 rating, so still, it's actually good for a MCU movie.

But take that as you will, also, >inb4 audience critics

Legitimately check those negative reviews, and you'll find most of them are in less than 200 words/end up being from new/DC-fans reviewers.

it was a very boring movie.

Nice try but DC doesn't have fans

At least you have to initiate it.
>friend brother locks himself out of the apartment
>I go over to help because I can lock pick
>He starts bitching that "Niggers are the reason we have to have our door lock"
>remind him that there are no blacks in the area and that we live in one of the whitest cities in the country
>Out right ignores me and goes on a hour rant why black people are the reason he can't get a gf
the guy is in his 30s and according to his brother has never left the area. My friend is dumbfounded but I'm pretty sure this is a case of Cred Forums fucking with a weak willed idiot. I have never seen a black guy anywhere near our county.

But they do, comic, animation and videogame wise.

>Inb4 you're the Ladder-fag who legitimately have ruined any kind of movie discussion.

Because they feel like they're "losing" or whatever the better MCU movies do

Same reason Trump's election caused people to have a meltdown, it goes against a narrative they have been lying to themselves.

>97%
Is this really the greatest cape movie of all time?

no one has an answer for his. why?

La La Land was a great movie and in no way was it a circle jerk about Hollywood--especially not with all the jabs against Hollywood. If anything the movie is meant to show the contrast between the dream of Hollywood nad the reality of it. It highlights how too many people clamor for the dream of Hollywood success and are willing to throw away things that genuinely make them happy (like real love) to achieve it. That is why they only started getting any success when they acted out of love for each other instead of in the interest of their dreams--Gosling figuartively sells his soul and goes on tour performing music he doesnt want to perform so that he can support his girlfriend, which ends up garning him enough money do buy the bar, and Emma Stone only does that shitty play that gets her noticed, because Gosling wants her too.

>posting breitbart as a legitimate news source / social critique

Jesus christ user what are you some kind of retard?

i going to win one because diversity only for that and nothing else

Only leftists want to see this. It's nothing but political propaganda.

>"The blacks sold us the slaves."

Is true though

>Umm no sweetie
>thinking that post was serious and not just trolling

You are so goddamn stupid.

Have you seen the threads on other boards about making up fake stories of blacks assaulting whites at the premieres of the film? This is a group that finds the idea of black people enjoying a movie about their culture so horrifying they want to spread as much racism as possible to stop it

> This is a group that finds the idea of black people enjoying a movie about their culture

What? No american, regardless of skin color, has the same culture as Africans. ALSO this is a fictional country that doesnt exist. It is NO BODIES culture. One of the characters in it even mentions a HINDU god.

Jesus christ, why is Cred Forums so fucking stupid today?

NOBODY'S**

typo

>>probably the highest grossing movie in 2018

But I've always known the Russians were meddling.

>thinking that cultural norms aren't brought over from home countries
>thinking people don't identify with their home countries / ethnicity even if they were raised in America
>not realizing that it's a fictional country that incorporates themes, costumes, and beliefs from various African countries
>not understanding how much of the film IS focused on unity between a full african country and African-Americans

are you dumb or something?

>This is a group that finds the idea of black people enjoying a movie about their culture

LMAO, what? Are you going to next tell me that the Thor movies are about Norse culture? Are you telling me blacks in America live in super advanced, invisible cities with straw huts on top of huge skyscrapers? Are you going to tell me that black americans fight each other to decide who is king?

Kill yourself you waste of air.

Okay, go on and explain how Wakanda, in anyway, is about black culture in America. And none of this vague "well they dance!" shit.

Also I am fully aware of the themes that ARE about blacks in america--like the red v blue fight being visual metaphor for crips & bloods, and the importance of having Black Panther arrive in Oakland, the birthplace OF the Black Panthers--but dont be a fucking fool and pretend it is about black american culture.

If anything there is a huge amount of overt super text specifically talking about why black americans ARENT the same as Wakandans--that was the primary folly of Michael B Jordan's character. To think otherwise makes you a fool.

>not understanding how much of the film IS focused on unity between a full african country and African-Americans

lmao, not it wasnt. The one black guy from America was a straight up villain. The whole moral at the end was that no one should feel the need to be part of some other country or culture that they arent, instead we should all come together as a world and become a kind of mega,.

>Overseas audiences aren't going to be interested in an African ethnostate starting a race war to kill and enslave anyone that's not black
This is already sounding 100x more interesting than your average by the numbers MCU movie. Thanks for talking me into seeing it.

Black Panther has a weak primary villain. War Monger and Kill Monger are basically the same thing.
>feel betrayed by a place you called home and screwed out of what he thought it was his rightful place
>want to kill hero using a mirror of their schtick to take your rightful place

become a kind of mega globalist culture.

Is what I meant to say.

Also

>instead of making actual points ill just do greentext!!!

go back to redddit

It won't even be nominated.

>tfw people don't actually care about Black Panther
>tfw people are just blindly worshiping Wakanda like inuniverse Marvel citizens

IW is two movies. They've not been allowed to talk about what happens because of contractual gag orders, but the actors have all repeatedly talked about how they are shooting two films concurrently.

>7.8 IMDB
The madmen actually did it. They deleted the negative reviews. Wow.

Infinity War comes out this year.

Funny how Emma gets married to someone else and while she thinks of what could have been, she still moves on with her life without Ryan Gosling. No cheating crap.

Suicide Squad won two oscars.

No it didn't

9/12 was a huge win for Bin Laden and Jihadism. His aims were to draw Washington into engaging in a series of costly and indefinite wars with Islamic states that would serve to put economic pressure on the states while radicalising moderates in the middle East. George Bush walked right into it.

9/11, I mean

You’re right. It was just one. Still shows you that Black Panther has a chance. As long as the academy doesn’t throw it under the bus for some period piece no one cares about
>B-But look at these buttons!
Bitch. Iron Man and Hellboy created a whole detailed fictional universe.

>block-buster format
Explain.

why is it so popular, its a pretty generic marvel movie with shit tier cgi.

You are a fucking idiot

Why does no one care about Blade

I think he means the whole progressive narrative outside of the movie itself as in "Woman lead" "Full black cast" shit

Came out in February. It's going to be forgotten during the awards season, save for the technical awards.

Blacks

>technical awards.
With those PS2 graphics?

If this movie doesn't make at least $500 million worldwide it's worse than Antman.

It's easier to rewrite a narrative if you ignore everything before it

Considering it's already at $316 million in just a few days, I'm sure it'll do just fine.

>black movies
>doing well overseas

You can't be this delusional.

where have I heard that before

Yes.
I'm not saying it'll win, but it'll go for a nomination spree and whatnot.

Fair enough, though I'd say that "Get Out" had enough talk behind it over the course of the year that it kept the hype alive.

Personally I don't think they can strike black lightning twice.

Why does no one care about Steel

Unless it does well overseas it won't make enough money.

I wouldn't say Steel was a blockbuster but Blade 1 was definitely a big budget title that won several awards, yeah.
I mean, if you go back far enough the Shaft movies were pretty big in their time too.

have you seen what else is coming out this year? they definitely can

It hasn't even release in China yet. And even if it does only mediocre well in China where still talking about a big impact.

They are probably going to nominate it for 2-3 Oscars, maybe give it one of the less important one like Sound design to prove that #oscarssoblack
Depends how many awards they are going to give to Get Out to prove how progressive they are.

After Earth did better overseas than domestically. Same with MIB 3. Blockbusters tend to have a wider appeal than Tyler Perry stuff. Not sure what counts as a "black movie"

>Hollywood considered it a comedy.

Its where it was lumped during the awards run which is a riot.

Will Smith did well overseas. China nuked The Last Jedi because their guy wasn't Will Smith.

La atrocidad...

That the funniest thing about Get Out. Audience and Critics both divided if this nigga is fucking serious.

It's about the conflict between one guy advocating for open borders and cultural exchange and another guy who wants to wage war against people because of their skin color, user.

>Grossing.
>IW 1+2 combined budget of 1 billion dollars.
>BP budget 200 million.
Opening weekend tracking to 192 million or something, it'll have made its budget back soon. IW will have to make a billion to break even. (Obviously excluding merch and dvd sales)

Who the fuck gives Oscars to capes hit period?

Set design. Calling it now.

Horror Movies and capeshit are generally dismissed but once in a while they get the less prestigious categories like sound editing to make people shut up.

If it doesn't win best picture they'll say it's because of racism

After they gave Get out two oscars they are above criticism for at least a year or two.

why would a cape comic win anything at the academy awards

Steel wasn't a blockbuster at all and let's be real, I think even Shaq wants to forget he did that movie

>heroes don't came any bigger
>implying

Couple of capeshit movies got awards user.

did the oscars happen already?

No i'm merely predicting they'll give get out two awards.

Someone fucking screenshot this lmao

The question is, will this movie do well in the Chinese market. It's the Asian market that forces Hollywood to shy away from black characters.

>Had more balls than any other superhero film out there

Hello Professor Xavier how’s the fight for the rights of a new genetic race that is possibly the Evolution of humanity going? Also how about those fights between the morality of mixing with humans or creating a nation for Mutants alone or enslaving humanity for the greater good of mutantkind?
Apparently not good enough cause Black Panther over there did it first 18 years after X-Men 1. Also I’d like to see it have more balls than Logan.

umm, South Korea is eating it all up, and so will Japan. China will soon as well

It's actually somewhat amazing that a film like "Get Out" made it as a Best Picture nominee, being not only a micro-budget film in general but a film firmly placed in the horror genre.

Wasn't there a theory that a big budget movie's true rating is between the critics and the audience? I think that's the case here; it was good but I struggle to see it as a movie above 90%.

Trump's victory supports the liberal narrative; America is still full of racists and sexists who will support an arrogant bully all the way to the White House and when people march or campaign for liberal things like feminism, it's against real oppression in an environment where a Trump presidency is possible. I'm not even a bitter Hillary voter, I'm an evil centrist who didn't feel it enough to vote.

Daily reminder that black celebrities bought the tickets for palace people living in poverty.

>the horror genre.
you mean COMEDY genre

Come on user you know why it was nominated. #staywoke

Get Out was a documentary

And that's why nobody takes the Golden Globes seriously.

I noted earlier that the vocal support the film held throughout the year probably contributed to its nomination.

So is "They Live".
As is "Idiocracy".

Tchalla and Erik are aspects of the same person. Coogler proposes blacks be more like Tchalla and less like Erik.

>the blacks sold us the slaves
So? Are white people not capable of saying no?

>So... We all agree this is definetly going to win an oscar

No. Because Wonder Woman didn't win one

at those prices? They'd be crazy to.

African Americans have NOTHING that ties them to africa AT ALL besides looking like them, they have more in common with white americans than they do with africans than anyone will ever admit

I was getting into the old CW show The Game a while ago and stumbled onto an article from Breitbart and read it for shits and giggles. It's so transparent how even if they're talking about a TV show it's ideology over everything. They tried to say the show was full of right-winger black men. The "evidence" was that one was Christian, one was a cheapskate (they fucking called it "fiscally conservative") and another was full of himself and wanted to be self-reliant (obviously making him a libertarian).

Yeah because all those states that voted for the black man in the last election are suddenly all racist. Here's the simple truth of why Trump won. Hillary ignored the Flyover states, Trump didn't. I can't even remember just how many more rallies he had than her. Personally I think she lost all hope of winning that election the moment she collapsed getting into that car

The Oscars are picked based on how much the Academy feels like the movies pander to them. Generally films that are historical or nostalgic about periods in Europe/America win or are at least nominated.
Those films can be good films, but if there's a better film that isn't about some big social struggle, the heritage of the Academy members themselves or a period piece about some point in Europe (particularly England) or America.

It is NOT a measure of the quality of a film but how much the Hollywood old money feel about a film

>Shakespeare was flowery language about contrived pulp-quality plots of revenge and cheating and basically soap-opera bullshit
sounds about right.
Because breaking new ground is exciting, and can only be done once and all the writers of these zines want to pretend that they can celebrate that now

>capeshit winning oscars
I'm so tired of people who don't watch movies thinking that this shit is outstanding. The Oscars are a total joke for a lot of reasons, but at least it isn't a Disney commercial (aside from the horrendous Animated category).

Yo I enjoyed la la land, but it's pretty obvious the most classic hollywood dick-sucking movie in a while, like it was perfectly designed to pander to the sensibilities of the people who run the oscars.

Fucking this so much. Why do you think la la land did so well.

Capeshit usually wins on special effects, but Panther was oddly weak in the CGI department. It could plausibly win best costume design.

Michael B. Jordan getting a best supporting actor nom is the most likely "big" Oscar it'll get

It won't get a best picture nom.

>Panther was oddly weak in the CGI department.
did anyone else notice this? Just came back from the film and felt that the cgi, particularly the war rhinos, and some of the compositing green screen shots seemed a little rushed

>sounds about right.
Give credit where its due at they bothered to set up some logic to the ridiculous plans.

They also used entirely to much cgi

Yeah. Justice league had the same problem but at least the cgi wasn't as obvious.

I hope you're shitposting

maybe not china

While Salon's headline is wrong and should be mocked, the fact that the everyone's go-to example of a black AAA movie is 20 years old kind of proves the point anyway.

When I saw BP in theaters, there was a ad for pic related, which kind of drove home just how terrible "Black People Movies" tend to be, and made me understand a little better why black people are excited about Black Panther. I'd be too if I had to put up with Shaq and Boo: A Medea Halloween since 1998.

Steele is from the era where it was DC churning out a billion diverse heroes and hoping something would stick instead of Marvel. They pushed that guy *hard*

Because all three Blade movies suck ass. They aren't good, they aren't memorable. Blade is literally only being talked about now because there are anons that are actually triggered Black Panther is doing extremely well and need something to fit their narrative that Disney is paying off publications like Variety.

>The film’s estimated three-day gross of $192 million is the highest debut ever for a February film and the fifth highest of all time. Combined with an estimated international debut of $169 million from 69% of the international market, the estimated global debut stands at $361 million through Sunday.
It already has, retard. Its doing significantly better than predicted across all regions.

i mean im sure itll atleast get a nom for costume design and maybe ensemble cast

Well the mustache was obvious but everything else was fine until you looked a little harder.

What the fuck.

China nuked the last Jedi because they didn't have nostalgia telling them a shitty movie was good.

I hope it gets one for music. If nothing else, because it didn't give in to the hiphop temptation apart from the mandatory horrific closer with All the Stars.

>7.8
Yeah, that's more or less what I give it.

Trump won because of two things

>Hillary's voters thought they didn't need to vote because she was going to win
>Trump's voters were motivated as fuck to go vote

Trump was a very weak candidate, he won states that Obama won, but Obama and even Romney had more 2012 votes in those states than Trump did

2018 will be a bloodbath for the GOP, hand over control of all congressional (at least House ones) to Democrats who will go all out to pull Benghazi investigation left and right and cripple his re-election chances.

>Ant-Man was just a well-done quippy popcorn flick. Hope learning to be less of a bitch was probably the only real character development in the film.

It's funny how the character development of the movie was everyone else (besides Cassie and Cross) learning to Love the Lang:

Hank-You are nothing more than a disposable pawn who reminds me of me so I hate you!
Hope-You cucked me out of being Ant-Woman!
Luis-You still a crook, right?
Paxton-Once a hood, always a hood!
Maggie-You're still the flake I married!

Then at the end

Everybody: Scott Lang is a pretty cool guy!

I'm kind of pissed he threw everything away to team up with Captain America for 10 minutes without fully knowing what they were fighting for. Dude got played.

But if it was on Cred Forums OP wouldn't have his tumblr hugbox to not make him look like a retard

>but Blade 1 was definitely a big budget title that won several awards, yeah.
Blade was pretty modestly budgeted at 45 million.
Enemy of the State the same year had double that budget, Saving Private Ryan had triple it's budget.
>Several awards
MTV awards just don't count.

>People don't praise Del Toro's work on the 2nd movie
Boy why must you spend all day lying on the internet?

Sssshhhh.
It's the closest a horror movie has been allowed near awards in years.

They're not making a fucking Uncle Drew movie are they?

youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1xscwDtIQ

Comics Steel is great but only if Death and Return happened

Shaq Steel is I dunno, something they shoveled out for a Shaq vehicle like Kazaam

In any case, Return of the King shouldn't have won. Weakest of the trilogy (Christopher Lee's not even in the theatrical cut) and it won because the last two lost.

Gosh. You wouldn't think that saying a movie is "Nutty Professor meets Space Jam" could be too positive a description. But it do.

>After Erf

Though that is a Will Smith Movie

Yea TLJ didn't do so well, in part because they didn't care for him.

So its a tossup.

But bearing that its a movie filled with black people and a couple of white dudes, I wouldn't get hopes up for China bringing in a second wind.

Hell I wouldn't count on the rest of the world caring that much.

That's part of the Setup for Ant-Man and Wasp.

Cap put out the call and Scott answered and suffered the consequences when they lost.

Now he's coming back from that.

According to early returns it's doing well internationally
>South Korea led the way with $25.3 million, representing the fifth biggest launch of a Western title in that market — ahead of ahead of “Dr. Strange” and “Thor: Ragnarok” and already topping the entire runs of “Guardians of the Galaxy” and “Ant-Man.”
>In the U.K./Ireland, “Black Panther” took in $24.8 million and is the second-highest opening for a Marvel title, behind only “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” It has already overtaken the entire run of “Justice League,” “Captain America,” “Thor” and “Iron Man” and broke the record for highest grossing February opening weekend of all time.
>Mexico was the third-largest market with $9.6 million, followed by Brazil with $9.4 million, Australia with $9.2 million, France with $7.7 million, Indonesia with $6.5 million and Germany with $6.2 million.
>The Netherlands posted the highest grossing day ever for a superhero film and the highest grossing February opening weekend ever. “Black Panther” opened in first in nearly all markets, except for Austria, Germany, Italy, Poland, Bosnia, Hungary, Serbia and Slovenia.
>In Africa, “Black Panther “set records with the biggest opening weekend of all time in both East Africa and West Africa. In South Africa, it was the highest grossing Saturday ever in industry history.
>The “Black Panther” opening weekend has already exceeded the entire run of “Guardians of the Galaxy” in Hong Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia, The Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. It posted the highest grossing February opening of all-time in Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Panama and Paraguay.

Ah, yes, "Get Out" aka "Skeleton Key: But Somehow Stupider."

It's not enough that people get rich by pandering with this shit, it's that they also somehow sweep award shows now because everyone's too fucking terrified to say a single negative thing about The Struggle: The Motion Picture.

t. horror user who wants this shit out of his genre.

It was great when Hollywood had to throw their "Golden Boy" La La Land under the bus because they remembered

"Fuck we promised these guys representation."

Because movies like "Ray" don't count anymore I guess.

The Oscars typically like movies about movies / the industry

Black Panther is better than Wonder Woman though, not to say WW is bad, just that BP was more enjoyable.

The clothes weren't CGI. the guy responsible for them is the same that made Lemonade videos. Then there is the mishmash of 2000 African cultures they puzzled together

It's also pretty much a remake of a movie from 1977 called New York, New York but Lala Land is a much better picture and improves the characters in the story.

Oscar viewing is at an all time low because it's a reward ceremony to people we don't really give 2 shits about who think it's a good time to speak their opinions and politics.

Plus lack of movies people have actually seen. Movies that made over $250 million.

And yet I em still not going to watch it.
Wake me up when Deadpool 2, Venom, or a DC movie are out.

>the fact that the everyone's go-to example of a black AAA movie is 20 years old kind of proves the point anyway.
The point is that it was done 20 years ago. People are acting like it's never been done. Most black movies are shit family christian comedies or dramas but that's black people eat that shit up. I hate Tyler Perry movies, except Daddy's Little Girls, but people go in waves to see that.

He was talking about China, the only country that matters in the foreign box office
archive.is/9Xxi2
>‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Struggling to Second-Place Opening in China

archive.is/Z5Hws
>Other factors, according to Chen, include Chinese audiences’ preference for physically attractive protagonists and stories rooted in reality. He points out that, for example, superhero films from Marvel — a Disney cash cow that has enjoyed great success in China — feature recognizable settings, such as New York and even China, and are filled with larger-than-life leads who meet the public’s aesthetic standards. The Star Wars characters, meanwhile, look ordinary by comparison.
>“These actors aren’t very beautiful, which may deter a lot of Chinese from seeing the recent films,” said Chen. “We fans often joke that if Finn were played by Will Smith, Chinese people might be more inclined to watch it — because he’s very handsome.”

It's at an all-time low because they're just giving awards to themselves. It's incredibly incestual and nepotistic. Look at how hard they fellated La La Land last time.

That's all the Oscars have ever been

>Because all three Blade movies suck ass.

Probably

Huh, didn't know that.

I'm really happy for Coogler. He has to be one of few young directors who didn't fuck up their hype and managed to produce good work.

You forget, "All Black Cast". Its pretty much guaranteed multiple oscars regardless of any actual merit. The Hypenado around this movie has been so intense that if the industry does not acknowledge it then the backlash from the normies will be swift and terrible.

Isn't the one who wants to kill white people the bad guy? And isn't the guy who wants to open borders de-segregating his country?

>He wants the vibranium exported in the form of weapons to overthrow white people.
This delusional fucking review why is it always boo hoo whites are being hurt by the mere existence of other races its not a zero sum game

>gross
>break even

I don't think you understand what "gross" means.

>win an oscar
Like Suicide Squad? Sure, why not?

You DO realize that the movie was criticizing white liberal guilt, right? The villains are white people who want to take over the bodies of black people.

>That's why no Marvel movie or Star Wars movie got any oscar but LOTR did

Yes