Marvel takes another largely unknown to the masses character and makes a successful movie with Black Panther

>Marvel takes another largely unknown to the masses character and makes a successful movie with Black Panther
>Antman and the Wasp will probably coast by on Paul Rudds performance alone
Will Marvel be able to do the impossible though and actually get people to give a shit about Carol, keep in mind that feminism bucks are not a guarantee since they never actually put their money where their mouth is

Carol’s tits look more like a male’s pecs in this art

>keep in mind that feminism bucks are not a guarantee since they never actually put their money where their mouth is
WW managed to do good.

Cred Forums's gonna find out about Carolposting and spread it to normalfags

I just took one of the first results after searching "carol danvers" that had the recent costume and didn't want to use one with the dyke hair but didn't care enough to find a really good one

The queen of Cred Forums will become queen of the box office. Yaas!

Hard to say. Disney's marketing dept. is probably the most powerful in the world at this point. It may depend on whether they can successfully shill her in the next Avengers movie beforehand. It will likely be financially successful regardless and Disney would probably shill it as the most important thing to happen to women since they got the right to vote in the US.

Yea, it'll be fine. If you haven't figured out by now that MCU is great at making characters at the very least generically likeable enough to push an enjoyable action movie then you haven't paid attention to ANY of MCU's movies.

WW was actually good. In order to make Carol good, just stay the fuck away from Ghostbuster type writing and go for something similar to WW.

Maybe then the normies will give a damn for like... a couple of years.

Well, as long as this isn't another TLJ with a Mary Sue protagonist. I'm fine.

That's because they copied Captain America: The First Avenger, down to having a guy named Steve "die" in a plane. And put in the cinematography of a L'Oreal commercial.

Captain Marvel will do well because it has the Marvel Brand. It could very likely"underperform", but that would barely be a blip on Marvel's radar when they have other characters to try.

I really want it to fail. Carol deserves to fail at all things. But I know it won't, Marvel and Disney have created a formula for success between their marketing and their extremely safe scripts; they've been abusing it for years and will keep abusing it until it dies. People, even casuals, are getting sick of superhero movies and maybe a few years down the road they'll finally die but it won't be soon enough for Carol's movie

I doubt it. Carol lacks the oomph of being the first female lead superhero movie with the baggage of MCU taking 10 years to do it.

>That's because they copied Captain America: The First Avenger
But It wasn't boring?

Nah, The First Avenger was a simple movie that had nothing to do with stuff such as PTSD or brutal killing of entire population with chemical weapons.

WW did not run away from the harshness of war. TFA did.

It's possible. Despite all the complaining I've seen over the MCU's problems, the MCU still has some form of competence that I don't see in the last four or so years of Marvel's comics and cartoons division, or Lucasfilm (with how Last Jedi went).

>WW did not run away from the harshness of war.
They kind of fucked it up by having Ares be behind it after all.

>how dare they keep making good movies REEEEE! make mistakes already!

Imagine having so little going on in your life that you are pinning your hopes on a movie failing just because there is a woman in it as a lead character.

Oh, no, wait, you don't have to imagine you fucking autistic fuck.

Well all know this is going to be the next TLJ.

Because it was a good movie.

A really good movie that makes a billion dollars?

Normal tags still don't know about baneposting or even raimiposting.

Hello tumblr.

People will never be sick of capeshit.

They used to say the same thing about westerns

Carol is notorious for being a disappointment every time they've tried to push her. Her movie's success is going to kill that punchline

The difference is that they've found a way to merge superhero flicks with other genres. You can have a superhero/spy flick, a superhero/heist flick, a superhero/political-drama flick, etc. There'll likely be a superhero/cowboy flick soon enough in the MCU. Logan proved that it was possible.

>The difference is that they've found a way to merge superhero flicks with other genres.
Ummm sweetie...no

But he wasn't, which is the whole point of the movie.

The differences is that westerns all have the same aesthetic and setting.

>queen of Cred Forums
that's Kamala

It'll be an above average superhero movie. Captain Carol is basically Hal Jordan. Same origin and all that

That doesn't count. Feminists aren't allowed to do anything but pure evil or be anything but evil monsters. That's the entire reason "certain people" use it as an insult.

It's enough for the normies to eat it up. That is literally all that matters.

Did you even watch the movie ? He wasn't

Carol!

Which one has a nicer ass?

Jordan, but thats only because nightwing isnt in the running

Requesting Hal and Carol botch checking each others asses out.

>Will Marvel be able to do the impossible though and actually get people to give a shit about Carol
Of course they will they're based marvel

There are going to be headlines calling her the REAL Wonder Woman

Westerns lasted for 70 years, user.

Hal's would not compare to Carol's wife though.

Requesting a threesome between Hal, carol, and jessica.

No crossovers you will have to settle for Jen or Wanda.

They why did Ares' death end the war?

What said. People don't hate Carol because she's a woman. They hate her because she's Carol. If Carol's good for two things, it's 1) fucking up and disappointing us all, and 2) giving birth to her own rapist.

You don't need another thread - you could easily have slotted this somewhere else.

Carol's movie is going to be hurt that she's not in Infinity Wars and she wasn't in anything beforehand.

BP was in a movie that made over a billion, so saying he's 'largely unknown' is disingenuous at best.

It's like say the Disney live action Beauty and Best was a big risk because the plot was largely unknown to the masses, or that Emma Watson was 'largely unknown' to the masses as a leading character or as a singer, ditto Dan Stevens.

I say this is a good test for the future of Marvel after phase 3.

>Can Marvel still introduce relatively unknown(to the general audience) superheros and still make a decently well received flick that'll keep the buzz going?
The answer to this determines the future of the MCU. Many of the heavy-weights will either be leaving or taking a few steps back from leading roles so newer heros need to take up the mantle and Marvel needs to know if they can reliably do so without a soft intro from larger more interconnected films.

It's the difference between having an RDJ era of cinematic movies among many others (with future diehard fanboys waging wars on which is the better era) and the light sputtering out.

she's likely going to be in Avengers 3, she was spotted on the set in Atlanta even though Captain Marvel is filming in California. she might just appear as a scene spliced into the credits

in the movie I suspect she is going to be like a mixture of a Green Lantern, Superman, and Bucky/Winter Soldier. she isn't going to get her powers because she was chosen for being a good candidate like Mar-Vell did. she is going to be put into war to kill a bunch of people she doesn't really dislike or want to fight like Bucky. she might be able to telepathically communicate with Mar-Vell and/or Yon Rogg due to getting part of the psychomagnetron stuck in her head and/or Mar-Vell going into the negative zone and communicating with her like with Rick Jones in the comics (and with nods to jedis talking to force ghosts in Star Wars and Superman talking to his dad). she might be haunted by her past deeds like Bucky is. Mar-Vell might be more like Captain America than Carol will be in the MCU.

so she might be more like Kylo Ren than Rey.

this all might be partly due to Wonder Woman in the movies already seeming similar to a female Captain America and being quite popular so Marvel might not want to seem too similar. although that reference to someone with schizophrenia getting struck by lightning might have originally been a Captain Marvel reference before WW came out and Marvel changed writers. so they might have planned her to be similar to Bucky before WW came out.

It didn't, the war was already winding down.

they seem to be setting up Mar-Vell for prequel movies in the mcu with Jude Law that will might take place at least around the same time that Hank Pym, Janet, and Bill Foster were active or maybe at some other times. they can then get males more easily interested in Carol similar to getting males interested in Supergirl due to her association with Superman and getting people interested in various Lantern Corps members due to them becoming interested in one Lantern Corps member.

these things about Captain Mar-Vell and Danvers in the past might help tie in some stuff happening on Earth in movies set prior to Iron Man 1 to some stuff happening in space prior to Iron Man 1 that might appear in other MCU movies. those movies focused mostly on stuff in space set prior to Iron Man 1 might have Ravagers and GotG groups (possibly involving the Lifestone Tree, Alpha and Omega stones, and the Chosen Eight of Fate or just Ravagers and GotG groups interacting with Krees, Skrulls, and/or Mar-Vell), various Skrulls and Krees, Nova Corps, Captain Atom, Marvel Boy, the Fantastic Four and Kang, Wakandans in space, Deviants and Eternals, and other beings.

*(possibly relating to one or more movies set on Earth before Iron Man 1 with the Alpha and Omega stones that relate to the Lifestone Tree and the Chosen Eight of Fate (and also the Blood Gem) or just Ravagers and GotG groups interacting with Krees, Skrulls, and/or Mar-Vell), various Skrulls...

Carolbump.

It might look interesting if some members of the Kree military have a suit similar to the suit Brie Larson was filming in on set, but had white parts on their suits where parts of the suit are black on the suit Brie was wearing. Maybe the suit Larson was wearing on set was Mar-Vell original suit when he came to Earth, but then Mar-Vell made a different suit with different colors to represent some changing in his thinking later on. Maybe Mar-Vell would have black parts on his suit instead of white because he would be intended to engage in certain operations (such as going to another planet by himself or with few allies) that are different from many military people who wear a similar suit with white colors.

Is there a continuation of that pic?

They could fit in a reference to this show more easily if they had some people dressed like that.

Man, I don't see this show referenced enough, it's been years since I've even thought of it. I had such a crush on Mira when it was airing.

I wonder if it's worth revisiting.

The name of the movie might have a little bit to do with its success, though. Mysister who isn't into comics and all that was asking me about why black people were all excited about the movie and why everyone has to see it and I told her because to normal people who've never picked up a comic in their lives Black Panther is the first black superhero to get a movie just like Wonder Woman was so successful partly because she was the first woman superhero to be in a movie even though she's, you know, been around since like 1930 and everyone forgets Elektra, Catwoman, Fantastic Four, whatever.

At this point she tells me she thought everyone was into it because it was a film about the Black Panthers organization, not a superhero, because all of her friends (We are both mulatto and she went to an all-black high school) were telling her every black person needs to go see it. When I told her Black Panther is a superhero that's been around since the 1960s she was like "Black people are fucking stupid"

Her Ms. Marvel replacement is more popular and more interesting then her, that tells something.
Also, how the hell did that happen?

>Her Ms. Marvel replacement is more popular and more interesting then her, that tells something.
>what Kamalafans actually believe

But it's true, sad but true
They need star fixing Carol and use popularity boost from her upcoming movie

Captain Carol will do Ant-Man money at the most, she doesn't have the WE WUZ power or popularity.

JFC, pay attention when you watch a movie.

Well for starters Kamala's comic sells more than Carol's and her comic doesn't need to be constantly relaunched like Carol's

I guess more people do like Kamala more, at least enough to buy her comics.

Do you guys think if CD gets a different colored costume should it be black and red or blue and red? What were the colors of CD and Mar-Vell's early star-on-the-chest costumes intended to be interpreted as?

Black with blue highlights. They got the base color exactly right I think.

Can't wait for Kamala in MCU.

>Will Marvel be able to do the impossible though and actually get people to give a shit about Carol, keep in mind that feminism bucks are not a guarantee since they never actually put their money where their mouth is
Give me Carol-of-Murder and I will pay money to watch it.
We have a pragmatic good man in Steve Rogers, and a near absolute pacifist in Doctor Strange. Carol using violence to solve problems because she WANTS to, is a niche that she can fill nicely.

I absolutely does not want her to be female Steve Rogers. She can look up to him and try her best to imitate him in public, but know deep down that her violent streak can't be removed.

Well, that will never happen.

I'm still butthurt that it's not going to be a Monica movie and Carol got the name when the MCU kicked off.

Ghostbusters didn't

Monica is shit.

>the character with 130 issues with connections all over the universe
>or the one with two that nobody cares about
What a hard choice.

I never liked these two individually and obviously don't care about them as a lesbian couple either, but did this happen?
I haven't read either of their books but I see people yapping about them being gay constantly.

So has marvel finally paired up carol manvers with a woman or is this more of that whole "everyone online is obsessed with gays" thing?

At no point were they ever lesbians. It is purely the delusions of gay shippers.

WW was mediocre to good, so feminists had no issue supporting it and glossing over its weak points.

Ghostbusters was mediocre to bad, so feminists didn't feel good supporting it 100%, instead choosing to pick its good parts and praise them to hell (Kate McKinnon's character, Thor's performance and so on)

So Captain Marvel only needs to be a halfway decent movie and not mostly suck to have feminists buying three to four tickets each, supporting their strong, empowered, protagonist female.

It's not rocket science user.

your sister kicks ass

As someone who actually likes gay characters (gay, not lesbian, I just haven't seen any that are at all appealing) I have to say I freaking hate gay shippers.
I mean, what kind of retarded brainlet sits around plotting out who they think should date while ignoring the actual character when doing so?
It just shows you're more of a horny idiot than you are a fan.

You know what really sucks?
Being related to people that damned stupid.
Pray you never know the pain of being surrounded by brainlets too stupid to care about anything that isn't happening right now yet stupid enough to care about something that happened over 400 yeas ago.
Prolonged exposure to that stupidity can damage your will to live.

>Make your branding confusing by making the Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel lines fuzzy and trying to swing between completely rewriting Carol or referencing her past depending on the day.
>Or stick with the character who had the title that gets you more pander points.

Those 130 issues didn't exist before they made the decision, numbnuts. Could have gone for Genis or Mar, but we both know they wanted diversity points. Making Carol into Captain Marvel was a retarded decision.

I like Rudd and Ant-Man but his movie had one of the worst performance of any MCU movie, so I wouldn't count on the sequel coasting by anything.

Okay Holden.

But Carol is better than any of those so they made the right choice.

Westerns were at 50 movies a year, not a dozen.

Granted I'm basically a cultural hermit but I had never heard or read Dan Stevens' name before your post.

Im starting to worry they will make it a success, especially if we start shitting on her.