Stardust

He honestly doesn't look that tough, I think I could take him.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/98122616
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thats Fifth Column talk there sonny.

Don't say that, that's how you end up frozen and conscious, drifting into space forever.
Stardust doesn't fuck arround.

That guy didn't even try to fight back. I would headbutt Fruit Bar JUST and put a cap in his ass before he could pull any wizard bullshit on me.

Didn't you hear the truth about Stardust? He doesn't actually have any powers at all beyond the ability to, when people are mean to him, run home crying so he can draw a shitty comic about how he'd punish them. Then he shows them and they laugh so he can cry again.

He's not even that tall. He's practically a goddamn midget.

Oh god, Stardust was the Chris-Chan of his era. Suddenly it all makes sense.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'd be more than happy to post the first collection of Fletcher Hank stories. They're not all Stardust, but they're still fascinating explorations into the mind of a writer that was truly one of a kind

DO IT!

>Yeah let me just shoot at the nine-foot-tall demigod that just stepped out of a dimensional portal
Fucking retard.

yes

Honestly if Stardust is coming after you and you have a gun, save the bullets for yourself.

He'd just resurrect you afterward.
Death isn't enough to sate Stardust.

I'm running a superhero tabletop game. If I had a cameo from Stardust, do you guys have any suggestions?

Yeah wasn’t Hanks a complete asshole who regularly beat his kids while drunk before running off with all there money?

Not sure about that first part but he was definitely an alcoholic that was NOT a good father

Optional Superboss Optional Superboss Optional Superboss

Can you imagine that your dead drunken asshole of a dad who you didn’t even see for most of your life got you a dedication and probably a bit of compensation money because of his short run on comics

Straight up insanity

NEW STORY!!!

I was thinking more describing him for a short period as he happens to pass through on some mission or other, or they hear news about Stardust doing some crazy fucking shit. I mean, maybe they could get him to help fight the endgame boss who's basically somewhere in the same league. That would be a hell of a showing.

What this guy said.
I would also recommend not making him "beatable" but instead you have to end the bout using another strategy.
>You could use persuasion to convince him you're not a villain.
>You could flee (although this would be near impossible).
>You could try brute forcing him but his spells would make short work of your party so that's probably not a viable strategy. Best case scenario is that you hold him off for 10 or so turns and then he hears another tragedy on the opposite side of the earth and he has to fly away.
It would be a confrontation that would require the players to be at a high level as well as being able to think creatively about going up against someone like him.

Something about this reminds me of Neil Breen films.

Well this just got interesting

Huh, these guys got it super cheap. None of the nightmarish Old Testament punishment stuff.

>USING HIS GENDER CHANGING-PHYSICAL TRANSFORMATION RAY, STARDUST TRANSFORMS OP INTO A GIANT ALIEN LION BEAST, AND UTTERLY REPLACES MOST OF HIS NORMAL DESIRES WITH THE SOLE DESIRE TO BREED, BEFORE TAKING HIM TO THE DISTANT PLANET LEOPUS, WHERE THE NOW-TRANSFORMED OP IS FOREVER FORCIBLY BRED BY GIANT LION BEASTS UNTIL THE END OF TIME

Their exclamations of fear are so damn eerie.

>super superiority beam
Ha!

Is it wrong of me to like how grotesque he makes the villains? They look so inhuman, I love it.

I think it makes what he does to them that much easier to swallow. If they looked like a terrified civilian fearing for their life everything he does would have a much different tone. Having them look like this, they're not really people. WW2 propoganda posters did the same thing.

Good suggestions. Does this sound weighty enough for the presence of Stardust?
>A sudden cracking sound in the air indicates the opening of a portal. Alien radiation pours out as a towering humanoid figure steps out. His body is composed of artificial components just close enough to be uncanny, and he stares at you with a gaze that seems to weigh your heart. Despite being apparently material, he has the poise and power of a wrathful angel or old god.

lot of skeleton symbolism in these comics

For a tabletop game, that would be just fine. I've read worse descriptions in actual stories for DnD. Keep it up. Also, I'd recommend actually going through his comics and piecing together bits of exposition to give it that real Stardust feel.
>I can't do it tonight but I'd be willing to storytime the other book tomorrow. Wouldn't be till later (after 7PM).

Jesus Christ StarDust does not fuck around

>For a tabletop game, that would be just fine. I've read worse descriptions in actual stories for DnD. Keep it up. Also, I'd recommend actually going through his comics and piecing together bits of exposition to give it that real Stardust feel.
Yeah, I don't exactly go full purple prose with three drafts in my tabletop games. Just whatever happens to sound cool enough to read out loud. I'll try to take pieces out of the comics themselves, thanks for posting.

No he does not. And its for that reason that if I was a villain, I would avoid him like the plague. Also avoid Punisher, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Ms. Marvel. All of them give zero shits about a "no-kill" policy.
>For that matter, how does Spidey tolerate all the other Avengers given his staunch no killing attitude? Seriously, half the team have a body count in the double digits and he doesn't bat an eye. When Spock was in the driver seat and brutalized a couple of villains (one of which attempted to steal a baby a couple months prior) and everyone jumps down his throat?
>Or is everything I posted above explained by simply stating "Slott is a hack."?

So hes bascially the white guy in niggerwalks comics

Wow...just wow

A Stardust movie that plays up the body horror angle while still having a ridiculously cheery tone would be amazing. Like an R-Rated Captain Marvel movie

thats it, he just becomes a human headed rat?
i'm disappointed

>"Keep thinking, GYP!"

How did Fletcher Hanks get away with this?

This is straight up EVIL!!!!

It would take me a week to explain all the reasons that wouldn't work.

Grant Morrison writes a Stardust miniseries

What happens?

>they'll hang me!
Oh my sweet summer child...

I don't care what anyone says, imprisoning someone for a lifetime of perpetual torment is NOT HEROIC!!! Someone needs to tell that to Flash. Thank god the Rogues killed Inertia and freed him from his unending hell he was supposed to experience at the hands of the Flash.

It would either be hit or miss. IF he had a strong focus for the series and an underlying plot throughout he'll be fine. I'm thinking a 12 issue series split into two halves, with each half consisting of two stories. It's how he set up Batman and Robin and I think it'd work here. That or make every issue a self-contained adventure with the last page or two hinting at what's coming for the finale.

what about those that were inside?
were they just floating around in their homes

>I can use them in my plan to wreck civilization!
Now THAT is what I call a villain.
No grey-zone, no troubled past, no difference in perspectives and point of view. Just disformed evildoers who want to fuck your shit up and steal everything.

so where's the one where stardust fought against the chinaman?

I'm thinking so, which makes it all the more horrifying. I also wonder about the peeps buried in shallow graves. That must be a sight to see

That might be in the second volume, and I'll storytime it tomorrow if people would like.

Probably just Slott being a hack who literally hates the character he’s been writing for a decade, but yeah If StarDuat was real I wouldn’t even bother being a criminal of any kind since I’d have to deal with his cosmic insanity if my boss ever got caught and we all get captured

wow nearly everything involves a fleet of planes
wouldn't they be noticeable?

Stardust is basically doing what Dr Strange and Dr Fate SHOULD be doing with their immense magic powers in their respective universes.

>Last panel
So StarDust just transforms his hand just to grab him

>not only does he have a crime-detector but it detects crimes before they even happen
Stardust is what would happen if divine justice had a physical form.
It helps that a lot of his punishments are directly pulled from various punishment in ancient greek hell

Did Stardust just feed someone to a sea monster?

Right on the money. Also if he was the resident Supe, I would work at a gas station. Anythings better than being caught by Stardust on a day he decides to be creative.

No one looks up in the sky. They'll be fine.
>I haven't the slightest idea. That's an interesting point.

Shit I just noticed that. Also GOD DAMN THAT'S SCARY!!!

>It helps that a lot of his punishments are directly pulled from various punishment in ancient greek hell
I didn't know that. That's very interesting.

Stardust vs Buzz Crandall when?

The one just from earlier with the guys on the planet of gold and diamonds who can't grab any gold or diamond is basically a play on Tantalus who is contemned to be always starving and thirsty while in a river that lowers itself when he crouches and under an apple tree that raises its branches every time he tries to catch them.

Stardust would win but the entire universe would be destroyed in the process.

I'm surprised there isn't as much racial caricature as I expected seeing how this was written at a time when those kinda stuff was the norm

so whats the deal with fantomah, why does she dress like she is preparing for a photoshot?

This page really makes me smile

I love how underwelmd the narrator sounds. for everything Stardust does he is just describe as remarkable.

Let me chain myself to the ground before you start. Just in case.

What is she a farmer?

God that last panel is fucking eerie

Really, this entire thing feels like an unintentional horror comic

thats boring
the bad guy got killed by the wave
how is that gonna make up for the 2000 souls he just killed

You still have at least one epic scene to go

>H-how do we get them down?
>We don't. Leave 'em.

I don't disagree. But if anything, I consider what Stardust did to be mercy of the highest order. He should be thankful.

THAT MAN IS CRUMPLING LIKE A SODA CAN IN HIS GRIP

I'm pretty sure this is the Stardust story most people are familiar with

God damn this got dark.

This is the first of many horrors this criminal is about to experience.

God this is like a scene from a bizarre nightmare

>THE GIANT HEADHUNTER WAITS EAGERLY..
There is something unnerving about that caption.

FUCKING HELL!!!! This is straight up horrifying!!!

What was the point of converting them into one person if he's just going to spin them into space? It's like he wants to make sure each of them suffers equally....which is terrible...

I'm noticing a pattern here

If she knew what the plan was, and could change the spider's size at will why didn't she do that before thousands were killed?

can't kill criminals just for planning
they have to commit the crime first

As someone who bought Turn Loose Our Death Rays and Kill Them All, thank you!

he must really love planes

>Running from StarDust.
You poor fool

I think he really hates planes, actually

>private asteroid
Didn't one of the previous issues call it a star?

I also noticed more than a couple grammar errors like, "especially built."

The heck, man. 300k is a fricking large army.

so he was better of being the sex slave of those monster men

Seriously. He's a goner.

So does the head less giant just kill him or what, seriously what the fuck is happening there

That face in the bottom left panel looks pretty much like a typical Stardust villain about to be punished - and oh crap, apparently Stardust consigned him to the eternal hell that is posting on Cred Forums.

Still better than that other user's suggest that he's actually Chris-Chan's earlier incarnation.

>300k is a fricking large army.
True, but they are nothing before the power of Stardust! Praise Stardust
>I hope he doesn't use his reduction ray.

His physical body is absorbed into the Giant to eventually becoming nothing. His mind exists in a pocket space dimension with the other heads absorbed. They exist there for a couple of years before eventually succumbing to the overpowering will of the headless giant and they become nothing more than a whisper in the far reaches of the unconscious. Again, this is all my guess

What's more powerful, Stardust or the DMPC?

>Kurd Mob
Erdogan was trying to protect us all this whole time.

>So does the head less giant just kill him or what, seriously what the fuck is happening there
Justice, user. You're looking at justice.

>Reducing Ray
I can't even.

I love that they included this section at the end of this book. Really a nice insight into the man behind the work. Also it's worth mentioning that he had an expert level on the artistic side. His art may have been simplistic, but he got the point across in every panel and his layouts themselves had zero ambiguity to them. I'd almost say Steve Dillon probably took some influence from this paneling due to how economical it is. Everything is necessary and not a single panel is out of place.

Can you imagine how awesome this would be if this actually happened? We'd get rid of ALL the Jews in one fell swoop.

Sadly the one thing Stardust could not defeat was obscurity. Thankfully Cred Forums had his back with a meme transfusion. But will it be enough to keep him going for future generations to enjoy?

>private star
See, there it is again. Sometimes it's an asteroid. Sometimes it's a star.

He will always be here for future generations. The insanity of this cannot be matched. He's the Daniel Johnston of comics.
>That last comment might be too much

Lives with his mom and is still borrowing her car even though he’s probably at least in his thirties

Why would his work be revered? It's 4-color shit. I have seen retards on deviantArt draw better than this.

Jesus the optimism he had about who Hamk was being slowly destroyed by the reality is pretty heartbreaking

It was the 1930s and hamk was actually a really good artist his style is at least unique

I think the story behind the art will be a large enough selling point. "Weirdos" of the medium tend to gather public attention. Also, while he may incorporate a minimal number of colors his paneling, art style, and themes are fascinating to behold and are so much more than the pieces that make them up. I had no idea who Stardust was until I started seeing him posted on Cred Forums and now that his work has been collected in HD cbr files it will be even easier to share for future generations.

This is literally “Circle of Greed in Hell” tier.

Yeah, but the soyboy in the comic says "He is revered in some art circles." What fucking circles are these?

I really hope every enjoyed this. I'll post the followup tomorrow. If anyone knows, what is the image limit for these threads?

>It is EVIL, it is so EVIL. It is a bad, bad plan, which will hurt many... people... who are good. I think it's great that it's so bad.

Probably the same type of circles he was in apparently the comic got reprinted a few times over the years in magazines so it gained some attention but it was probably just small groups of dedicated fans like him who were really into old comics no one of any real status probably knew or even cared about his work

As goofy as Stardust is sometimes, you can’t deny some of his punishments are straight up horrifying.

The villains had names like "Slant-Eye" and "Gyp". That's not racist enough for you?

maybe preservationist?
cause my friend is in a group for film preservationist
trying to find very old media and preserve them
since alot of shit from before WWII are now lost to time

WHERE'S THE STREAM, user?

WHERE IS IT?

They're pretty tame desu senpai

These comics have the best reaction images.

I would kill for a Stardust/Fantomah crossover of some sort. Fantomah was used as a character in hack/slash if I remember correctly.

Hey guys wanna read the pitch for my stardust comic?
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98122616

The reason why we don't have anymore Stardust comics is because the Empty Hand either wiped him out or imprisoned him somewhere out there in the Multiverse.

Oh god.

How do we persuade Breen to make a Stardust movie?

I'm not really one fo dnd but that's pretty top notch description in my opinion. Concise and interesting while still being intimidating.

not a bad premise

Wow. I don't know how I never put those two together but yes. Stardust is Neil Breen the superhero.

"Gyp" was a pretty common appelation of choice for criminals. Off the top of my head, Gyp the Blood and Gyp Rosetti

>Super superiority beam
It makes stardust's boring old superiority beam look like a toy.

It is still a racial slur.

You're a racial slur

So's your mum!

It's easy now to say that it's too simplistic, but remember that this was made before comics really built its own codes and reference frames.