Marvel's Spider-Man

So, now season one is finished, what did you guys think of it as a whole? What did you think of the season finale?

Also, I thought pic related was supposed to happen. Spider-Gwen was only around for an episode or two, and both her and Anya lost her powers.

Other urls found in this thread:

watchcartoononline.io/spider-man-2017-episode-24-the-hobgoblin-part-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I didn't like everyone having to be a super genius, and everything seemed to revolve around that.

They downplay the cheesy science focus, but you still have Spidey being irrelevant in his own show, when Gwen, Miles, Anya, or literally every single civilian can do what he does, and much faster, too.

was kitty cat a genius too

Black Cat? Not really. They actually brought back her bad luck powers. She only showed up once, though.

Is it getting canned alrady?

There will be a second season. That’ll probably be it, but no one’s sure.

damn, never enough pussy appearances in spidey works

There are few things that I don't like about it. What happens to Gawke? He is part of miles mythos.

Second season is coming out later this year. That's about it, though. Disney XD sure did burn it off by airing it via story arcs.

Anya kept her powers. Her cure was custom made for her and she used her powers after injecting herself, Gwen got the power removing generic batch with the rest of the city.

How has Miles still not been given a supername yet? How hard is it to say “Spider-Boy” or “Kid-Arachnid”? Hell, I’d take “Spy-der” at this point.

I thought her cure was only so she could keep her powers during Spider-Island. She certainly didn't show any powers during the finale.

Gwen called him Kid Arachnid during Spider-Island, but literally only once and easy to miss.

>Hell, I’d take “Spy-der” at this point

Just call him spidey. It sounds like a stupid ass rap name.

Huh, I thought her cure just stopped the monster, maybe I’m wrong though.

How did they manage to make a show worse than Ultimate?

Doc Ock and the Osborns were the best parts.

Yeah, of all the de-aging this show did, Doc Ock bothered me the least. I also liked that he starts out as a reluctant hero before turning to villainy. It gives him a refreshing dynamic with Spidey and is basically some foreshadowing to Superior.

Ultimate was bland. Mary-Jane and Harry had two or three episodes in eight seasons. Gwen Stacy was never mentioned except for Spider-Gwen in one of the spiderverse things. Uncle Ben only got one episode half way through in the Doc. Strange episode. They didn’t focus on Peter Parker at all. That’s bad, but no where near as bad as focusing too much on a bad Peter, like this show does.

I showed this Ock to my friends that is a huge spider fan and all he had to say was “the arms look to organic. They look all baggy and weird”. How do you feel about the design in this show?

Two words Dan Slott

The Osborns are the best thing in this show IMO. Norman in particular is fantastic

I forgot to add that Norman was okay. He was basically a worse-written version of Spectacular's Norman, but they got his controlling, abusive relationship with Harry right.

Harry himself was a whiny idiot for most of the series, though.

It was okay. Nothing too great, but not really bad either. Otto himself looks unremarkable, though. He looks too much like a random civilian before he goes full Doc Ock.

I don't mind the thick arms. I mean, I thought the arms in Spectacular looked very skinny and odd, but Doc Ock's characterization and presence made it a non-issue with me.

It will also help with the parallels between him and Peter when the Superior Spider-Man story takes place in Season 2.

>He was basically a worse-written version of Spectacular's Norman

I get what you mean, particularly the whole thing with the Hobgoblin.

It feels like they are trying to do too many things and not succeeding at any of them. Just like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

>"We want to focus on back-to-basics Spider-Man"
>"But we're going to introduce more spider-powered heroes up the ass"
>"We want to focus on his double live as Peter Parker"
>"But that only applies to his friendship with Harry, and his life on Horizon ties back to Spidey's stuff, so there's no real split between the two"

Who cares, he's the worst part

Miles is barely an entity in the show.

Disney XD as a whole seems to be getting canned.

>Pickle and Peanut just ended
>Star Wars Rebels ends in 2 weeks
>Future Worm ended production, second season will likely be burned off
>Avengers, Spider-Man, and Guardians all ending with their next season
>Milo Murphy's Law is on a "production hiatus" according to the creators, which sounds a lot like "not allowed to say cancelled"
>Star VS likely ending with next season
>Big Hero 6 show repeatedly delayed, pilot seemed to really underperform considering there was no press release touting its success like for DuckTales
>DuckTales is likely the only show far from ending
>only one new US made show ordered for this year
>Disney streaming service is slated for launch late 2019

Wait was there a new Spiderman cartoon that I completely slept through?

Now that Bendis is gone they'll probably come up with a Thunderstrike identity for him.

>Teeny bopper Spidey again
>Other Spider people
>Westaboo

I was completely turned off from the get go.

It makes sense. I think the blog that confirmed the Marvel shows ending also confirmed it's largely for the streaming service.

Yup. Most people slept on it, too. I guess you can catch up on season one before the second one premieres, though.

Big If true

Are you fucking retarded or baiting?

>t. Butthurt Spectacularfag That Didn't Watch All 104 Episodes Of Ultimate
I didn't call Ultimate good, calm down

Yeah, I think when Harry was having blackouts, it became painfully obvious it was Norman. And he's probably gonna come back as the legit Green Goblin in season two. I just hope he wears something more goblin-esque.

They never did explain what he was doing in the first Spider-Island.

Big City Greens and Space Chicken from Space are scheduled to premiere on XD some time this or next year

It's pretty mediocre, but at least it's not ultimate spider-man bad.

Disney is REALLY determined to make its streaming service the biggest in the world. My guess is that they're shifting their TV resources to there.

We already know that the next Star Wars TV series will launch on the service. It makes sense if other cartoons do, as well.

Ducktales will probably continue on regardless, but the remaining 2/3rds of season 1 are taking forever to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney intends to delay season 2 and have it be a streaming exclusive. Possibly true for future seasons of Star as well.

You can really see Slott's hate for Spidery here. I fear of what the game will be.

I've heard Slott isn't as involved there.

I'm more worried about how that game is treating MJ, though, basically making her a redhead Lois Lane.

You have objectively shit taste. And I don't even like spectacular.

The designs look fine at first, but the longer you look the more you notice off putting details; like a lack of construction, no flow to the lines, and a lot of same-face going round.
Then there's designs like Rhino and Kraven, which are just straight up ugly.

That's not getting into the hard-to-read colours and the atrocious animation.

In contrast to the other Spider-Man cartoons?

'67: Way better (but that was in the 60's, what does anyone expect?)
'81: Better.
Amazing Friends: Better.
'94: Probably better paced but that show blinds me too much with nostalgia to say this one is better.
Unlimited: About the same.
New: About the same, lacks the adorable failure to be mature however, so it's less entertaining.
Spectacular: Worse direction, worse writing and doesn't quite "get it" as well as Spectacular.
Ultimate: ... Fuck Ultimate...

I guess Spectacular and Ultimate are the best ones for comparison.

This show has inherited certain core problems of Ultimate: Plotholes and a poorly handled budget. However, a more abstract art style, an ongoing plot, dedication to said plot, some actual emotional struggle and the removal of annoying elements are steps in the right direction. It is far easier to watch than Ultimate, even if I feel the franchise deserves better.

In comparison to Spectacular, it's a bit paler. Spectacular is just better written, it's not full of plotholes and doesn't have the same level of contrivances just to drive the plot. It also handles it's budget a lot better. And just speaking as a fanboy for a moment, it's the better as an adaptation. While '17 might get Peter Parker better as a character than Ultimate, Spectacular gets all the characters better. For whatever reason, '17 thought that almost everyone in show ought to be science wiz, for basically no reason other than to make them part of the superhero world. Spectacular got that Peter kind of needs to mostly interact with regular people, otherwise there's no conflict caused by the superhero stuff.

It's like all writers hate her as much as Slott does.

>focusing too much on a bad Peter
That's what Ultimate did, dumbass.
>bland
Sick of retards downplaying just how awful Ultimate was.
>n-no, not all episodes are bad

It’s really annoying when Peter calls him Miles out loud. Like, seriously.
It’s kind of bittersweet seeing Keaton as Norman. He’d be so much better as Peter, but he’s doing a decent job and at least he’s getring work. You can kind of tell he’s channeling Rachins. Also, I was reminded of Spectacular when he framed Harry for pulling that shit as the Hobgoblin. Though this Norman isn’t nearly as cold. Like the whole limp thing didn’t happen. Also, he pretends to be caring where Spectacular Norman didn’t give a fuck.

>got that Peter kind of needs to mostly interact with regular people, otherwise there's no conflict caused by the superhero stuff.

Yeah, the season finale really drove home how divorced Peter is from having a "normal" life. It's either Spidey or Horizon, with no room for normalcy.

idk. the writing and the animation is so repulsive. i've tried several times to watch the first episode and never completed it. that's how bad it is. i've skipped around to later episodes. still didn't like it.

doctor octopus: his design looked cool and his personality was fairly close to the comics but his voice and age were just wrong i mean how old was he 13.

He was 19.

>90% of the show in mask=focusing too much on peter
Are you a retarded? Both are bad, no one here is saying Ultimate was good. You don’t need to be so fannytroubled.

They can’t keep blowing up Norman, he isn’t fire proof. Atleast last time they waited for the next episode for the “reveal”, now Harry just gets a phone call and some mystery tech? Pretty meh special over all.

>Spider-Man is the school mascot now
>Horizon High Spider-Men

Forgot the picture

Where is this picture from

Hobgoblin part two
watchcartoononline.io/spider-man-2017-episode-24-the-hobgoblin-part-1
Here is part one

This. They dropped the ball on the core idea of Spidey's earliest years pretty damn hard.

They wanted to portray Ock as a huge cunt, so they got him the cuntiest VA they can find.

Was Harry and/or Peter ever shirtless in the main series after the origin short?

Has Peter’s parents ever been explained? He got pretty upset when Harry mentioned Peter not having a dad.

>muh mask
USM's Peter's personality was somehow far more awful and the show focused on it, you dumb faggot.
>Are you a retarded?
Oh the irony.
>no one here is saying Ultimate was good
Where did I imply that, dumbass? The point is that retards like you are trying to downplay how awful USM was.
>HURR DURR U BUTTHURT
And your "argument" goes straight to a trash bin.

The focused and SPIDER-MAN’S personallity, it is bad but it’s not Peter.
Doesn’t know what a joke is
>Sick of retards downplaying just how awful Ultimate was.
There is where you implied it.
Okay, the same trashbin you were born into.

>i-it's a joke, I'm not a filthy ESL
Lel, fuck off.
>There is where you implied it.
So, you're not only a moron, you can't even read properly.
That trashbin is your mother by the way.

K

>Kancolelniggers
Figures.

One day you’ll overcome your mental retardation and string a readable phrase together.

>One day you’ll overcome your mental retardation
Stop talking to a mirror, moron. Go read a book instead, maybe 30 years from now on your reading comprehension might improve a little bit.

The whole stint with the stealth suit was so pointless. They never even explained what Norman was doing.

>Miles, Gwen and Anya all get powers in the first season
>Miles is the only one who keeps them

I don't know which is more laughable.

If I read a book, how will your bait get any (you)s?

>b-bait
Lel

How about "Kang Baboon Spider-Man"

>Always wanting the last word even when all you can say is “Kek, no u”
How sad.

I just want more of your bad English and idiocy. It's entertaining to watch you not knowing what you're even talking about.

>ur trash make me lel XD so randumb!
Wow you have no life.

>grasping at straws that hard

>Shitty faux-anime Voltron designs
>Hurr Peter Parker P as in Phosphorus, etc
Nah. I need a good Spider-Man show. RIP Spectacular.

>I need a good Spider-Man show
Good action cartoons are all dead and there's no sign of things getting better.

>still trying

>Better than Spider-Man 81
dumb Marvel's Spider-Man apologist.

>still trying

>still caring

>I need a good Spider-Man show.
that ship has sailed

Stretch Armstrong is more of a Spider-Man show than the current Spider-Man show. It's also worked on by some of the crew behind Spectacular, so that explains it.

>Spider-Man show than the current Spider-Man show
they have spider-man fighting the green goblin and the sinister 6

>Sinister Six is just a bunch of brainwashed goons
This really is worse than Ultimate

Is it any good? Read up about one of the guys and he also worked on Mystery Incorporated and some other stuff.

I saw the first few episodes and it was pretty neat. The setting is similar(science school that bullies athletic people and crazy advanced tech), but I think they handle it well. It’s kinda bland but not bad.
My favorite joke by far.
>The asian kid has a fuck-ton of siblings
>The latino kid is an only child

It's pretty fun. It's kinda Villain of the Week for most of it, but there's an overarching story building through the episode.

It's also pretty Spider-Man-like in the sense that the protags actually are allowed to have double lives. They're financed by a wealthy businessman and attend a gifted school, basically the sins Ultimate and Marvel's made, but their lives outside of superhero stuff still feel separate and there's genuine struggles that come from that split.

The worldbuilding is also surprisingly tight. I like the overall theme of the past vs. the future and how that's reflected in the city.

amazing

What do you like about Spider-Man '81?

The plot twist in the season 1 finale was pretty brilliant not gonna lie.

Man, I'm so tired of Harry and Pete's back and forth. They fight and make up every other episode

they should fuck already

any hot bitches who give guys penis stitches?

Spectacular!

goddammit