Took a break from comics towards the end of the summer so now I'm completely out of the loop. What has happened...

Took a break from comics towards the end of the summer so now I'm completely out of the loop. What has happened? How's DC been comics wise? How has Doomsday Clock been? Is Marvel still shit? Did ANY issue Secret Empire end up #1 on the sales charts?

Doomsday Clock has had one good issue, and two okay issues.

Eh, events are always hit or miss. DC does have some good solo titles though

>How's DC been comics wise?
mediocre
>How has Doomsday Clock been?
mediocre
>Is Marvel still shit?
yes

DC's been mostly solid
Stay away from Batgirl though
Black Bolt is good but the writer's pretty controversial
Gwenpool is cancelled
America is cancclled
New Super-Man is still going on

Bendis jumped to DC and they've given him the keys to the Superman office.

>DC's been mostly solid
Nice.
>Stay away from Batgirl though
Of course.
>Black Bolt is good but the writer's pretty controversial
How so?
>Gwenpool is cancelled
Interesting.
>America is cancclled
Hahahaha
>New Super-Man is still going on
Nice.

Also, what's with them adding "universe" to the logo?

That's pretty worrying.

To differentiate all the imprints.

>Black Bolt is good but the writer's pretty controversial
he is very very asshole, but good writer

dc is still good, marvel is still a bit shit but has 5 good titles currently

Love & Rockets is back to magazine format again.

>How has Doomsday Clock been?

Better than anyone realistically expected, which is to say "not great, but genuinely not bad either".

>Is Marvel still shit?

It's gotten worse. And so have their sales.

>Also, what's with them adding "universe" to the logo?

DC now has different "labels" for each "line", line there's a target symbol for the Suicide Squad related books, a Batman logo for the Bat books, a Superman "S" for the Superman Family of titles, etc.

>It's gotten worse. And so have their sales.
Weren't some stores boycotting them or something?

Alonso left Marvel/got fired depending on your outlook, and his replacement took over in late November, so any big changes that he has planned will be appearing soon. Marvel did cancel a bunch of low-selling titles (mostly the diversity-ones), but those might have been cancelled back when Alonso was in charge (given that decisions like this are usually made several months in advance).
They have three "events-but-not-line-wide" going on right now, or soon. Doctor Strange: Damnation is an event series written by Donny Cates and Nick Spencer (with tie-ins to Iron Fist and Scarlet Spider), Avengers: No Surrender is a weekly made up of the three old Avengers books (Avengers, U.S. Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers) written by Waid, Zub, and Ewing, and finally there is "Infinity Countdown," which I'm honestly not too sure about because I wasn't following their cosmic stuff.
I think their next "big" thing is to have four miniseries about the return of Wolverine.

From DC read:
New Super-Man
Death Stroke
Batman
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Aqua Man
Red Hood and the Outlaws

Read from Marvel:
Black Bolt
Thanos
Wolverine by Jeff Lemire
Moon Knight
Punisher
Daredevil
Gwenpool

Don't bother with the rest of Marvel.

>New Super-Man
>Death Stroke
>Batman
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>Aqua Man
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
I was reading all of those actually. Just took a break for awhile.

>Took a break from comics towards the end of the summer
Extend it ad infinitum.

yeah over 50 local comic shops went out of business due in large part to unreturnable, unsalebale, overshipped Marvel product that they were MADE to accept if they wanted to purchase more popular variant and lenticular covers (2.5x your LAST month order for the book whose variant you want) and sometimes the variants weren't even guaranteed titles, only variant (you buy Xmen expecting Xmen, you get variant America)

I'll consider it.

This thing right here is *slowly* becoming a lightweight America.

>how is DC comic wise
Pretty boring aside from maybe two titles, Deathstroke and New Super-Man
>How is Doomsday Clock
Not worth the ink it’s printed with
>is Marvel still shit?
For the most part yes, but Bendis leaving them for DC has started a wave of good things such as the O5 X-Men returning to their own timeline and Slott moving off Amazing Spider-Man

Why is Image suddenly turning into Marvel? I feel like they have a lot of great books but are becoming too SJW lately. Fucking hell Kirkman, you were supposed to destroy Marvel, not become it.

DC's Metal event is great, surprisingly.

Because we need to make progress and embrace diversity as human beings! And what better way to promote diversity than including stock diverse stereotypes such as brown lesbian, campy gay and... mexican minotaur...

Really? Is that you saying that or has Cred Forums warmed up to it?

Personally it’s nothing that I’m into, the general consensus is that its-turn-Your-brain-off fun, it’s more Batman which automatically makes it not worth the time for me. New Super-Man has been great though

Are we just getting the equilibrium storyline in New Super-Man or are we also getting that and the North Korean Aquaman issues in the third volume when it comes out in a couple months?