Who greenlit this movie and why...

Who greenlit this movie and why? It's like someone just wanted an excuse to have lots of closeups of Harley's ass and have her fart a bunch to satisfy his fetish. Half the time it's really creepily animated when she's shaking her titties but they give her this face.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D08DPBY4S20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was enjoyable and a breath of fresh air compared to things like steven universe and nuPPG afraid if making women sexy, fight me

>Who greenlit this movie and why?
Bruce Timm
>It's like someone just wanted an excuse to have lots of closeups of Harley's ass and have her fart a bunch to satisfy his fetish.
Also Bruce Timm

I don't mind it being sexy but it was like really weirdly tone deaf.

One minute she's raping nightwing then the next scene shes farting so hard batman has to pull over the batmobile.

At least she fucking dressed like she was supposed to instead of like some fucking ICP whore like the goddamn fucking comics and movies have been shitting up her design for the last fucking several years.

Harley has fans and WB wants to milk them

Bruce Timm ran out of ideas ages ago and is just doing fanservice and pushing his preferred ships.

at least Harley was wearing her classic ie best outfit in this
but I miss when Harley was the Joker's sidekick
or at least with ivy after having a falling out with the Joker

She is meant to be crazy like her puddin', just in the more juvenile sense compared to Joker's more demented forms of fucking with the Bat.

>One minute she's raping nightwing
It wasnt rape though

I had a lot of fun with it. It was literally exactly what I expected to be. Had decent action, a few good jokes and the occasional fan service. Also I love the entire ending with Swamp Thing.

I think the reviews are about right, it's a 6/10 thereabouts.

Animation was kinda shitty though, couldn't even fap to it.

To capitalize on Harley’s popularity that was a thing for awhile. Kinda missed the boat really.

I'd argue it's more of a 7/10. It's mediocre but not like...a bad mediocre. I didn't find myself dreading it or hating it. But I didn't find myself blown away or finding it exceptional. It did what it set out to do, nothing more nothing less.

i remember when Cred Forums did a re-draw thread for that ass and made it look great.
sometimes i really love you guys

IT was a movie specifically to allow an artist to do whatever he wanted.
Artists, unlike writers, tend to have weird fetishes and tendencies because they're, well, artists

Most overrated character in DC

>this face
Runs around in underwear,
Freakazoid,
Freakazoid.

>women: We demand representation of female characters who are proud, sexy, uninhibited, and make us fantasize about being the badgirl we all want to be!
>also women: WHY DID YOU GIVE US EXACTLY WHAT WE ASKED FOR!
Seriously though, Harley's ass was on point.

I fucking hate Harley

this post smells of roast and soy

>user
>couldn't fap
>to shaking cartoon tig old bitties
I'd say you have to be 18 to post, but even a thirteen year old could fap to that. You gay.

Yeah it was pretty shit. Timm clearly doesn't give a shit anymore.

Because Bruce Timm's mission in life is to sell his waifu to people.

The only way sexy is acceptable to them is if men can't masturbate to it

This is usually achieved by making her sexuality more masculine or making her a gigantic whore who paradoxically wears nothing but thick clothing

I thought Batgirl was his waifu. Considering he self-inserts as Batman, and all that.

I know plenty of girls who love having a strong, crazy girl character whom they know has men pumping away.

This is because traditionally, everyone likes the idea of driving the opposite gender mad with horniness. Makes you look like a player, and all that. Women as well as men want this.

You assume all women act like the most stereotypical extreme feminist. Even most feminists don't.

>animation

it was supposed to be like the 90s series

the part with swamp thing was pretty funny. like merry and pippin trying to get help from the ents

And it's worse than the 90s series in every conceivable way. It doesn't matter what they "tried" to do when the execution was awful.

Here we go again.

At least it wasn't Tara Strong

>afraid of making women sexy
>nuPPG
We already saw the shapely tits of that show. Cred Forums was wrong.

>It's mediocre but not like...a bad mediocre.
Theres a word for that. Its called "Decent".

maybe if it more than 2 frames a second

>It's mediocre but not like...a bad mediocre
that's what 6/10 is

I want a Bruce Timm Powergirl movie based off the Amanda Conner books

Not him but man you need some standards in your life.

>Farting rapist Mary Sue
>Sexy

Choose one

>Literally "she's lolsorandom so that makes anything she does endearing"
I want Reddit and Tumblr to leave.

You can't fap to that, kid? See a doctor.

Back in the day, we had to make do with tabbing back and forth between frames.

Timm cannot even into boobs

>Fart jokes
>Big Bang Theory voice """actress"""
>"lol who cares about Elongated Man or Booster Gold, they're lame characters like Aquaman xD"
>Tone deaf attempts at humor and fanservice
>Somehow made Harley even more insufferable
>"Remember that episode of TAS where Harley helped Batman track down the Joker? Let's just do literally that again but shitter in every single way"
>Dat sweatshop flash animation
>Hamfisted attempts to foreshadow Swamp Thing showing up, only for him to appear at the end for 10 seconds and not do anything
>"Harley is a stronk independent womyn who don't need no Joker, she's so sexy and funny and cool that she raped Nightwing and he liked it, then she le farted superbad and in the end both Batman and Nightwing gave her a kiss because she's so hawt and random xD literally me"

I didn't think WAG could put out anything worse than The Killing Joke but damned if they didn't blow my expectations away in every sense of the word. It's like a cheap cash-in on Batman TAS's anniversary with the tone of the Adam West series, only it doesn't have the style of the former or the charm of the latter.

It's just an unlikeable hunk of shit and I can't believe Bruce Timm was the driving force behind it. I guess Dini was the one responsible for literally everything good about the DCAU aside from Harley's triangle tits.

>Bruce Timm
I love the man's art style but he can't make a cartoon worth a damn unless Paul Dini is there holding his hand.

Besides, Conner's art style had a certain softness to it that really complimented the tone and sense of humor. Timm's triangles would clash and Peeg's tits would put someone's eye out.

Reminder that Harley is dull as dirt unless the Joker is involved somehow.

>muh SU/PPG boogeymans
There is nothing wrong with modern western animation series depicting women in non-objectivized ways you know. It's called being a part of modern society, you should try it some time.

> It's like someone just wanted an excuse to have lots of closeups of Harley's ass
Yes and?

It's funny you mention the TAS episode about Harley helping Batman because there were also at least two episodes where Harley leaves the Joker and actually led a better life because of it, perfectly fitting in with part of what your last greentext was.

The thing that pisses me off about Harley is that people always wanna have their cake and eat it too.

>Harley stays with the Joker
>This is a problem, because it implies that she's a slave to her mental illness and has no hope of being anything more than a pawn in an abusive relationship

>Harley leaves the Joker, continues being Harley Quinn
>This is a problem because she only became Harley Quinn in the first place because of her obsession with the Joker; this essentially ignores any semblance of character growth and reduces Harley to nothing more than an excuse for fanservice/lolrandom jokes

>Harley leaves the Joker, gets better, leads a normal life
>This is a problem because now we have no Harley Quinn to put in our story

The only thing people can think to do with her is ask "duh what if she left the Joker", but then we're left with a character who has no purpose. It'd be like if Batman got over the death of his parents or if Mr. Freeze cured both himself and his wife.

The problem with having a sympathetic villain is that if you want them to stay sympathetic, they eventually have to stop being a villain.

>Harley leaves the Joker, gets better, leads a normal life
>This is a problem because now we have no Harley Quinn to put in our story

That's not a problem for readers.
That's only a problem for companies trying to sell rehashed garbage and the secondaries they pander to.

>a breath of fresh air

>fart jokes
fair enough that was painful.
>big bang theory
Eh she did alright. Not my favorite Harley but I was super sick of Tara Strong's Harley
>Tone deaf attemps at humor and fanservice
eh, hit and miss. Some jokes landed, some fanservice landed and some didn't.
>Hamfisted attempts to foreshadow Swamp Thing showing up, only for him to appear at the end for 10 seconds and not do anything
That's called a fucking joke, sir.
>"Harley is a stronk independent womyn who don't need no Joker, she's so sexy and funny and cool that she raped Nightwing and he liked it, then she le farted superbad and in the end both Batman and Nightwing gave her a kiss because she's so hawt and random xD literally me"
This sounds more like butthurt than legitimate criticism.

>That's called a fucking joke, sir.
It wasn't funny though. Having Swamp Thing be on-screen isn't a punch line. I legitimately laughed when Fluoronic Man bitched out hardcore the second Swamp Thing showed up, but then he just noped out, because keeping him around would have made for an interesting climax.

>This sounds more like butthurt than legitimate criticism.
>>Reddit
There was a time when Harley Quinn was an actual character with a personality beyond spouting catchphrases and selling Funko Pops, but I doubt you were even alive then.

The titties are stiff as fuck. There's no follow through animation to make them jiggly. It may as well be a chest plate with bumps with how rigid that animation is. Not to mention it's not even a proper cycle, it goes forward then backward then forward and backward as evident by the hat.

You can find better sexy animations on Tumblr.

>That's not a problem for readers.
>That's only a problem for companies trying to sell rehashed garbage and the secondaries they pander to.
Oh I agree 100%. Harley should either perpetually be the Joker's #2, or they should rehabilitate her and then never bring her back again.

"Harley goes clean" stops working as a storyline if they keep undoing it. She's either an endearing henchman who can act as a comic relief to round out Joker's edge, or she's a sympathetic victim who actually has a shot at redemption.

She can't be both.

This.
I know we're on Cred Forums, but come on, it's not difficult to find half-decent Harley Quinn smut. You don't need to be pulling yourself raw to this direct-to-DVD flash shit when the Zone Archive is right over there.

>It wasn't funny though
That's subjective. I thought it was a pretty funny anticlimax.
Also Harley kinda always ran the gamot from "character with depth" and "zany snarkster". And I think the film kinda ran with both, but more the latter. I mean I can't say she wasn't a quippy loony in episodes like Harley's Holiday. I never really thought of Harley as a character with "depth" outside of obviously, Mad Love. Like no doubt she's gotten much worse in that regard in recent years but I don't think she was too bad in this movie. I like how she acted as "retired" Harley at the beginning.

>not jacking off to the ass and tit shots
there, fixed your problems, and only jerk it for the non fart fetishery and call it a day
faggot

>7/10
>It's mediocre but not like...a bad mediocre.
For me mediocre is below average but not bad.

So mediocre is 4. 7 is good.

what's wrong with her ass?

It has two cracks.

This is not a problem unique to Harley.

really wish I could jerk it to cartoon titties. would make these dcau movies so much more enjoyable

I liked it. It wasn't amazing, but it was more entertaining than the justice league movie and reminded me of all the good parts of the Batman animated series

>an ass crack on top of an ass crack

For once, I agree with tumblrinas

Every shot with Harley's ass in her classic outfit felt like it was made in a BS edit thread.

Post your street address, sweetie. I'll come educate you about what real feminism is about. ;)

>Bruce Timm
This is why you never let directors handle writing. Seriously you expect Bruce Timm/Bruce Wayne who can't even name his characters properly to ever be good at writing?
Same problem we've had with The Last Airbender compared to Legend of Korra.

In fact I believe Bruce Timm did nothing but undermine the TAS series and all the immaturity and bullshit in TAS is because of Bruce Timm, the ugly stupid looking geek with no maturity. All of the flaws I found in TAS were pretty much because of him.

It was weird seeing mature writing between all those saturday morning cartoon villain rejects like Baby Doll, Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter, Riddler, Joker, Two Face and every other stereotypical video game/comic book villain made on the spot.

Take for example this video where we have a mature character arguing against a bunch of literal hypocritical manchildren. The way she talks and behaves is the same as Harley's doctor persona, because it's the same writer. Harley is much more endearing and profound when written as a mature adult, and then when Bruce Timm takes over he turns her into a retarded manchild just like the clown.
youtube.com/watch?v=D08DPBY4S20

Barely. it felt like FIM's transition between season 1 to seasons 2-8. The same art style, but a writing so parodic and so unfunny you'd think the person behind it hated his own franchise and was out to sabotage it.

Timm is a hack yeah, and a kinda skeevy guy that too often is writing with his dick.

Movie was meh, the song bits were pretty gud. Wish they did less Batman Animated shit, it's usually butchered compared to the comic and Damien acts like a little shit.

it ain't about standards, it's about ability.

fucking this

>panties fit ass tightly enough to show crack, but aren't large enough to cover the entire ass, so the waistband doesn't cling to the crack, but the crack keeps going
you can't into anatomy, and agreeing with tumblr shows you have no taste to start with.

neogaf still about, goddamn

Wanted to do a quick edit this morning, nothing much.

Remember when Batman in animated form was about telling simple stories with noir stylistics in a combination gothic and art deco anachronistic art style, periodically injecting bits of human pathos that stood alone in the episode to which they belong?

I don't know as I've been a fan of direction Timm's being doing things for the past decade and a half. Feels a lot like him being weird with sex and "adult" humor while trying to distance the very idea of Batman also being Bruce Wayne.

>Who greenlit this movie and why?
DC because they're desperate for money because everything they make bomb horribly and they're going bankrupt

That's not an edit.
THIS is an edit.

That would be Bruce Timm and your are correct.

You're both wrong.
Women only want "sex empowerment" for themselves, and women less attractive than themselves who they know aren't competition for make attention.
When it comes to women more attractive than themselves, that's when they start pulling the "objectification", "male gaze", "indecent" bullshit, because women tend to be extremely petty.
Although men also experience envy, it's almost universally "I want to be as attractive as that guy", not "That guy needs to disappear."

I'm convinced the only people who like this are either casuals, underage, or both.

>This movie tries to ape the style of TAS but fails miserably
>Even tries to be "sexier" since it doesn't have to worry about Saturday Morning TV network sensors
>Nothing it does manages to be hotter than that bit with Harley coming out of the giant pie
>tfw on top of having better jokes, writing, animation, and voice acting, the cartoon marketed to children has better smut too

It felt awkward and juvenile at times because it's done in a style that was cleaner for American children's TV that gave it a level of class where you wouldn't expect clown boobs to be jiggled at the audience. It also makes it interesting in that you watch wondering what line is going to be crossed next.

Wrong comparison kiddo

it was a good cartoon Batman TaS style many people liked it
good story, fart jokes, a realy good song
what else you want

>BUT SU/NU PPG/TTG IS WORSE SO THAT MAKES IT GOOD
Everytime, jesus christ.