Unsounded

Bye Nary, you are not coming back for a while

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUuH4TEmgLo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's with all the niggers?

What other matter he spoke of with Horace?

I just checked and no, the guy threatening the Two-Toes at the beginning of this Sharteshane sequence didn't have Nary's arm thingies.

Then again, that would kind of be low-level work for him to do himself, I suppose.

We didn't see but it's a hit.
Bell's starting his coup' and needs the Queen isolated. This bitch doesn't know it but bargaining ulstrey with Beadman was her last chance to beat whatever deal Bell made.

Stockyard used two-toes. Perhaps as a clue form Nary?

I haven't read this comic in years.
Is it still about a little girl and her zombie sorcerer?

Yeah, but there's a world-spanning plot that happens to have them at the center, either on purpose or by accident. We're not quite sure yet.

Needless to say, they have no idea of the plot's existence yet.

Yep, though there's more going on than just that, of course. Guy in the brown coat is little girl's father, and this page tells us he's now heading to zombie sorcerer's hometown.

It is but it's gotten so much more... epic? in scope? I'm really digging the politics.

Is... is he looking at the reader? In panels 3 and 5?

stop it

Oh baby, if you're worrying about the bridge its already probably too late.
So if by some miracle Rilursa lives she is going to be massively waylaid and not be able to make it to the festival. Either way Bell probably wins this engagement.

Nary is so fucking creepy.

youtube.com/watch?v=VUuH4TEmgLo

>shithole
I'M PEACH NOW

It's very interesting. If you go back and look, he's almost never directly facing Beadman. He's always faced away and side-eyeing him. It's very subtle but it makes him look very, very disengaged and distant. Sociopathic. And creepy.

If he was double crossing Beadman I can't imagine he'd have such an obvious tell. So is it just something Nary does? I could imagine a constantly suspicious demeanor has served him well in his life of crime.

>Bye Nary

Ah, so the 1 has become a 0.

It's likely less a tell than it is force of habit from always staying aware of his surroundings.

It's when you combine that with his generally blank expression that it really becomes unsettling.

Carlos!

Kek, took me a minute

They're totally about to axe Rilursa, presumably with Two-Toe help

wouldn't it be neat if we finally saw their approximation of Khert wrangling

I love how Beadman seems to have Nary absolutely pegged--unless there's some hidden depth to him, of course.

Nary is so going to kill Beadman down the line.

Ashley has said he's an extremely cold fish emotionally.

When do you think we're going to Durlyne?

We've got to handle business at the temple, then the place the Queen is going for the big to do, where the silver will be. Who know how long that will take. Then even if Durlyne was where they were heading for one reason or another it'll take some time to get there. I can't recall exactly where the Queen is heading, but I believe it's on the west coast of Cresce, right at the end of the river system that goes by Ethelmik and cuts across the continent.

>Nary to Durlyne
Nothing good will come of this
Nothing

Maybe in 100 years when he is anywhere close to being on Beadman's level and if Nary doesn't get killed in Alderode.

Bell is not in charge of his coup. Either Ruck or Sonorie is.

Bell thinks he's in charge of the coup', all the little people will think Bell is in charge of the coup'. It's Bell's coup'.

we better be back on Sette's feet next page.

So Archduke Ferdinand is about to get blown up and start World War 1? Sharts are Bosnian?

Beadman is too taken by grandeur. Nary is thinking cool and practical and direct.

Man, I liked Rilursa. Fucking Cockney Jews ruining everything.

>Fucking Cockney Jews

dont forget mafiosos - they're fucking cockney jew mafiosos

that's the best way i've seen to describe the shartes so far

I'm guessing Nary is not going to actually kill Rilursa but take her hostage and keep her hidden. No criminal in their right mind would kill the heir to Cresce if they think they can get away with taking her alive.

Beadman doesn't want to be connected with Rilursas death so he has Nary arrange it. Nary sees an opportunity to benefit himself under Beadmans nose so he goes for it. Nary stealing the ashtray (with the burned out cigarrete?) foreshadows this.

That'd be a neat contingency plan in case Bell fails.

Why is Mikaila a super saiyan

The cig isn’t important, he just thought the tray was shiny and wanted to filch it

It's Mikaila as Ssael IIRC

Ruck doesn't strike me as astute enough with human affairs to orchestrate this whole war/coup thing.

Beadman is thinking big picture and sending Nary on an errand in a potentially dangerous land. Nary still has a ways to go, and Beadman has spent his whole life avoiding the knives of lesser men.

>Nary doesn't like being touched
C-cute.

Beadman just seems plain too taken with himself. Nary is hardly committing to his plan or revealing much about himself at all. Hell, look at Nary's eyes. He looks like he's sizing Beadman up more than anything else.

It's Mikaila if she didn't die and grew up to be a wright somewhere that wasn't Alderode.

Beadman's making an impression to a new peon. Do you think he should be weak, dubious, and self-conscious in this situation? He's alpha dogging.

>Mikaila becomes a Soud wright in Sharteshane
>Keeps hopping from town to town cause she can't stop herself from causing trouble by either pissing off a criminal boss, or telling people YOUR GODS ARE DEEEEAAAD AND MY DADDY SAID SO.
>Does criminal shit, then hunts criminals, then fucks up so bad she has to leave for another country
>Gets caught in between the Crescian army and crazy BestKorea Racshane
>Ends up in Hanret after its liberation, helps found a new government.
Dies fighting as the khert asplodes her for trying too much pymary bullshit in a desperate situation. Gets a pymaric hologram of her placed in the Hanret capital in her memory
I feel like Mikaila has the best potential for her own story of all the characters in the comic.

We can do better.

ah geez, they're the gonna kill the messengers already? Isn't that the queen's sister?

...bet the queen sent her there to die as well for whatever reason

>Not the first post from this IP

I see you being sneaky.

It's even better if he succeeds. Bell needs the Sonories dead to have any hope of claiming legitimacy. If Sharteshane can present the sister and presumed heir of the last queen they'd have huge leverage for making sure Bell lets them into Cresce.

Beadman didn't get where he is by being a peacocking douche. He's a savvy douche

>Nary goes to Durlyne
>He fucks Leysa

Not even Ssael himself could keep Duane from eating him slowly from the toes up

Why would he do that? He's moneysexual.

Because she's gold

Leysa is probably married to Lemuel by now so he'd have to contend with both of them

Nary v Lemuel... that's an interesting thing to think about. Rogue v Knight?

What if Leysa doesn't wanna marry Lemeul, and thinks it's gross to marry your husbands brother? What if the ghers elders make her do it and have a kid with him anyways? What if Duane finds all that out and is totally okay with it?

Well I don't think Duane would be okay with it, but he'd understand why it happened since I'm pretty sure it's a pretty common practice.

They had every reason to think he was dead, because he was.

Yeah I think he'd understand. Not be happy, but I imagine for the sake of his family's honor and place in the gold caste, he'd accept Lemuel taking care of them

>mafiosos

Lemuel doesn't/wouldn't. It'd be a neat element if he was married to her and refused to consummate out of guilt.

Yeah Lemuel would likely object due to his involvement of the events. And of course because he's gay.

How could he object? Everyone would want to know why and he can't just come out and say he Killed his brother. Besides, I think he loves the family enough to do whats best for them, and suffer in silence.

Him objecting and him having to go through with it aren't mutually exclusive.

I would imagine it's be like you said, him objecting coming up with bullshit reasons because he can't very well explain the whole situation. Him then getting overridden and having to marry Leysa. At that point he might resist further by doing the bare necessary to get the ghers leaders off his back, but eventually they're gonna want Leysa to be having kids.

Will that happen before the inevitable reunion with Duane though?

>I feel like Mikaila has the best potential for her own story of all the characters in the comic.
You mean of the, like, dead characters? Yeah she's pretty up there.

Right up there with Elka and Toma I think.