Questionable content

The patreon post for this one suggested maybe a wikihow.

epic nice pics keep it up

He should have kept May as a hologram projected by Dale's glasses and hooked them up.

He literally did nothing wrong.

OH noes! Forced bullshit controversy! Surprise one of hand stabs mary sues is the bad guy and they take out it on the straw man

>I was just being honest!

He’s lucky to be alive.

I’m gonna start calling May the Tard Wrangler since that seems to be her main profession.

Thankfully the author got bored of May's civil rights crusade before that arc started, so she's largely remained the only unruined character.

>Hey, assfuck
>Shitting balls
Do people thing think dialogue is amusing?

>gets angry at you if you lie
>gets angry at you if you tell the truth
Why even bother dating?

Stayed as a hologram in a maid outfit, absolutely.

Did he really need to waste a page just on having Dale summarize what happened on the previous page?

JJ doesn't know how to make different characters sound different, so he relies on speech patterns. May curses a lot; that's her hat.
How in fuck's name does May know dick about dating anyhow, though? Not only is she a robot, she actively manipulates some interactions based entirely on her perceived gender, yet is completely disinterested in any sexual activity. Momo wants to fuck Sven, Bubbles wants Faye's fist, May sits on Pintsize's face for money. Is May the Sasha Grey of Fake Northampton (ie cynically manipulating biological urges because they need money, or because they can)?

He should have May temporarily go back to being a holomaid in his glasses just to do a cyrano de bergerac plot. That may have been what happened last time, I can’t remember, but I still really like those plots.

She doesn’t get paid for that, though. It’s more like a dedicated hobby or forced servitude.

>yet is completely disinterested in any sexual activity

When she considered taping a fleshlight to her crotch just so she could have sex, she didn’t seem at all concerned with doing it for cash or to accomplish any other ulterior motive. She’d love to have sex just for fun, she just doesn’t seem to have any romantic attraction to anybody, at least right now.

>How in fuck's name does May know dick about dating anyhow, though?

She has basic common sense, which still puts her a step above Dale, apparently.

>fighter jet weekly

Oh good, more May

She considered taping a fleshlight to her crotch because she thinks would be funny, not because it would give her sensual satisfaction.
>ooh yeah I'm pleasing this person to whom I am attracted
is how people might think about it, if indeed thought enters into it at all. Fuck Emily, if anyone's asexual in this goddam' comic it's May, the robot who actually acts like a cynical, facetious AI. As Bubbles said about Pintsize, May does a thing because she thinks it'll be transgressive, lucrative, or otherwise beneficial. THINKS is the operative word, because May has a chariot without a horse, according to the old philosophical allegory.

How many dating animes has Dale watched? I learn from, and react emotionally to, fiction I intake, because I'm an individual rather than an AI. Either May has had far more experience in prison than she lets on, or Dale is just massively autistic, another check on the diversity list.

The important question is: Are those lines on May just the joints for her legs, a thong or simulated vagina bones?

Didn't dale used to have facial hair?

Facial hair is a sign of misogyny towards women. - Jeph Jaques, probably.

It's called a pelvis.

>not because it would give her sensual satisfaction

She specifically says ‘People who wear stapons say they feel almost like they have a real dick! Maybe if I...’ She was clearly curious about the sexual feeling she might get out of the experiment.

It might’ve gotten in the way of eating pussy.

>another check on the diversity list

He already covered autism with Brun. He even gave her an obsession with antique clocks.

The right answer there would have been to lie.

>So, you like Amy?
>Hmm, she’s ok, but I know a woman that’s way hotter than her
>W-who?
>*pull marigold closer*
>*Make eye contact*
>Who do you think?
>Dammit Claire!

She didn’t give him that lead in, she jumped right to “Emily is prettier and smarter and funnier than I am!”

Sure he coulda said “no she’s not,” but I think that would’ve just sparked an argument instead of giving him an opportunity for a smooth pickup line.

>almost
>curious
>might get
These are words what people use when they aren't sure what they want. Whether or not they can articulate it, people tend to be inclined to certain experiences. Call it "the inscrutable exhortations of [one's] soul." Robots ain't got those, they merely have cognitive processes. AIs must be explained to my satisfaction or they remain nonexistent nonentities, much like asexuals.

>Deals with fucking mindgames that are so primitive it's not even funny

Honestly, hope they break up. If you playing mind games with people at all to find out if they are wanting to bang someone or not then you shouldn't be with anyone you fucking psychopath.

You seem to experience normal, human emotions. Get out while you still can.
>DON'T FUCKING READ QUESTIONABLE CONTENT
>SAVE YOURSELF

When are they gonna get to the robot fucking factory?

Do not read Questionable Content.

Too late

Joints

missing todays non patreon strip

this shit is dull even by QC standards.

>durr da girl mad at da guy for no reason

why the fuck are we getting this instead of one of the many actual plotlines that are still unresolved. fuck you jeph. i hope you get aids.

I wonder why Jeph has to make every female character of his a massive cunt. Is it a contractual obligation?

>ending the last straight relationship in the comic
Nice one Jeph

jeph is incapable of writing female characters without crippling psychological problems

How does the coffee shop get any business when literally all of it's staff are socially awkward wierdoes

Also when does Faye fuck the robot! When?!?

And yet, you'll keep reading it anyway...

You ever been to a coffe shop? You have your choice of overly awkward weirdos or people trying way too hard to have no fucks to give. Those are your only options.

is he going to have sex with that robot now?

>Emily is prettier and smarter and funnier than I am!

>Emily isn’t going to get two doses of vitamin-dick tonight

Also it's staffed by people who are, in-universe, considered very attractive.

Writers write what they know.

>dat barely too short shirt
HAQUES YOU'RE FORGIVEN
or maybe not, it's still shit

why can't he explain to dumpy-kun that autist-chan is asexual?

Shouldn’t the guy with the nose be the one hiding and the other guy talking to the woman?

That’s how it starts, but at one point in the scene it’s dark enough that they just switch and the guy with the nose (Cyrano) speaks directly pretending to be the not ugly guy. I couldn’t find a good image of the part before that where Cyrano is hiding and whispering.

Dating people with low self-esteem is a lose lose.
>"You're prettier than her."
"YOU'RE FLATTERING ME!"
>"She's pretty but I like you more."
"OH SO SHE'S PRETTIER THAN ME FUCK OFF!"

That’s really just a speculative rumor we started because it’s a diversity box that hasn’t been checked yet. Emily has one or two small lines and actions that actually directly contradict the theory. Though, that never stopped Jeph before.

Why haven't there been any curvy naked robots in the comic so far?
It's the perfect opportunity for SFW NSFW.

>lose lose

you have it so wrong. this is your cue objectify her. tell her that no girlfriend of yours will put herself down and that you'll be damned if you let her start now. a position of dominant positive feedback can be very rewarding.

I don't want someone that I need to order around.

Maybe if you’re starting to mold a future battered housewife.

>t. I never had a gf but I watched a lot of cartoons about it

He does remember he gave May a new face, right?

>imfuckingplying any man with a spine wants a weak partner.
Someone who lives with me has to be strong.

99% of his readers don't even remember it, why would he

It certainly makes for easy drama though. But yeah, in-universe, this is exactly why Marigold should have sorted out her body image issues before starting dating. She was very nearly at the end of that arc when she came out in the bikini, but of course that development was completely cut off by the stabbening conpletely derailing off that track and onto Claire coming out as trans, so we never saw Marigold actually get over her issue beyond awkwardly standing next to Marten chugging a beer for a minute and then disappearing, for all we know immediately changing out of the bikini into her regular clothes again.

I was kind of starting to think that this was something Jeph had shelved and would never get back to again. It’s still not very interesting.

I take it back. After Jeph's string of "if you flame me I will make characters gay" thread maybe she's asexually gay now.

Do you mean the white face? I thought she got Bubbles and Faye to switch her back to blue so she’d look like less of a clown. I think she spent her facesitting money on it.

a position of authority is not a negative. being in command doesn't require violence or robotic manipulation. reinforcing positive personality traits and rewarding them with praise is hardly abusive. in fact it should lead towards independence and pride in ones self.

>reinforcing positive personality traits and rewarding them with praise
A far cry from the "you belong to me and I will not let you act this way" described in .

I don't get it. If she thinks she's the less desirable option, wouldn't she try to keep him in her bed instead of kicking him out?
If she thinks she can't compete, why is she acting like she's the one with power in this situation?

Literally refusing to listen to someone, invalidating their insecurities, and implying you are holding their relationship with you hostage until they behave in a way you approve of is abusive. I’m sorry to break it to you. Maybe you have or will one day be in a relationship in which you have the kind of close rapport where you can act that way in jest, but it is fucking awful advice to vive to anybody else.

Reminder that easy drama is usually bad drama...but as long as he sticks to his update schedule no one's going to drop him on patreon so...

She doesn't just want him, she wants him to want her, and she thinks he doesn't want her, and wants Emily instead.
Her reasoning is dumb, but if that was indeed the case, then even if she did keep him in her bed it wouldn't necessarily make him want her, so she probably doesn't see herself as having anything to lose by pushing him away.

Dale doesn't speak girl. Marigold doesn't speak guy. Therefore Dale screwed up.

Why is always the guy's fault when a girl fails to communicate in a way he can understand?

She wants to drive him away because she thinks she doesn’t deserve him and doesn’t want to ne in a relationship that is only a hollow sexy sham. At least, that could be it, but I think more likely she’s just feeling pissy and hasn’t thought it through.

Because guys have more privilege than girls. So in situations where the guy and the girl are equally in the wrong, the guy is more in the wrong.

looks like some one hit a nerve

What is the privilege at play when there's a communication breakdown? Privilege implies that men are going to have an easier time interpreting womanspeak than women will have translating to manspeak. The available evidence suggests otherwise.

>say something dumb
>get shit on
>LMAO LOOKS LIKE I TRIGGERED U GUISE

I think you’ve confused reinforcing and just enforcing.

>Privilege implies that men are going to have an easier time interpreting womanspeak
Privilege refers to the idea that certain groups of people are inherently better off in all aspects of life than other groups.
The man's privilege doesn't necessarily make him better at interpreting what the woman says, so they're both equally in the wrong. However, the man's privilege disadvantages the woman with regard to life in general, and that's not fair. So the woman is now automatically in the right so as to "level the playing field."
Generally, the more privileged you are, the more things are your fault.

being a privileged white male i don't understand why so many women stick in abusive relationships. wouldn't being a crazy cat lady be preferable?

>in all aspects of life than other groups

No, it doesn’t have to be in all aspects. It’s enough to just apply to some.

But privilege is only relevant when it affects the particular dynamic. Just because you generally have an easier life doesn't mean you have it easier than me in this particular situation. Generalized privilege never justifies specific unfairness.

Usually by the time somebody figures out they’re in an abusive relationship, it’s become really difficult in at least some ways to just leave. Picture being in a relationship with someone who has made it so that you are dependent on them- you live in their house, you depend on them financially, no vehicle of your own, you don’t have a job or certifications or skillsets or experience to easily just go obtain a job that can support yourself, and you have no friends or family to turn to because your abuser has purposefully isolated you, and maybe you even have an important thing or a pet or even a child to look after and be responsible for that you can’t run away and take with you, but you also can’t just leave behind. You can’t just walk out and go to your other home to your cats, because you don’t have that. There are women’s shelters for that kind of thing, but they suck to be in and it usually seems way more tempting to just stick it out and put up with the abuser.

You might be tempted to ask how somebody could let things get to that point before realizing something was wrong, but it still happens a lot.

>But privilege is only relevant when it affects the particular dynamic
I can see why you would think that, because such a criteria is perfectly reasonable and rational.
Unfortunately, I have been told many times that this is not the case. Rationality has no place in discussions of privilege.
To claim otherwise is to mansplain.

I think everyone in the comic has privilege, because they live in some magical utopia where minimum wage level work can get you into city apartments in Mass.

>nude May
>not using sharpie to give her own body poorly drawn on nipples or pubes

status of Faye and the robot:

[ ] - fucking
[x] - not fucking

It’s pretty obvious as to what he should have said there. Part of being in a relationship is managing your partners insecurities. If you’re not ready for that, then you’re just temporary fuck buddies.

Do you really think she would have believed him if he'd told her that she was prettier than Emily instead? She would've just gotten mad at him for lying to her and patronizing her.

"but she's–"
"I want to fuck you not Emily"
"you're just a chub–"
"I like YOU"
"…oh that's right."
"Let's go have dinner somewhere and then go back to my place."
"fuck dinner, take me back now"

>poorly drawn pubes on a poorly drawn robot

you're trying to divide by zero son.

Wait guys... do you really read Questionable Content unironically?

Yes, but I only do things unironically to be ironic.

yes, an you're a misogynistic nazi if you don't

I’m here for memes at this point

Was quoting a dubs with dubs part of your plan?

Yesh

I can't really say it's better bit I miss this art style for Ennui Go.

Are you talking about the bodies being thinner/smaller? Because otherwise it seems much the same as the current art style to me.

>just to do a cyrano de bergerac plot

>If she thinks she's the less desirable option, wouldn't she try to keep him in her bed instead of kicking him out?
That is not at all how it works. I was dumped from my first relationship for expressing, on a day of absolute depressive fog, that the answer to whether I even want to be in a relationship was "I dunno."
Was the relationship worth fighting for? Fuck no, but she didn't even try.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING
CHRIS CHAN REFERENCE?