Puns you didn't get right away

>Jean Grey

Is her name supposed to be a pun?

I still don't get it. I remember in the early 90s my older sister thought it said Jean Given on the intro song

You're kind of stupid, huh OP? The O5 all did that with their names, you should have figured this out by now.

>Scott Summers
>Bobby Drake
>Hank McCoy
>WARREN WORTHINGTON

Gray is a measuring unit for ionizing radiation, ionizing radiation causes Gene mutations.

>amerifat education
How did they not teach you about Geneg Ray in school?

You have that backwards actually user

I don't get it where's the puns

That's alliteration, not a pun.

Puns aren't alliterations, you're thinking of idioms.

>Fan4stic

Jean = gene
Grey = gray (what explained)

her misaligned eyes bother anyone else or am i just nitpicking?

Miranda Wright

She's 'named' after Jen Gaye, Stan Lee's girlfriend at the time.

why does Rictor even goes by a codename when his last name is Richter?

Nah that's a bad drawing by Timm standards.

However it's nowhere near as bad as that one Spider Gwen pic he did. Anybody know which one I'm talking about?

That's a bit obtuse.

It's so transparent, they'll think "No, that's too obvious, he can't be that dumb".

There's got to be a word for this.

That wasn't intentional. She was named after a girl Lee was fucking that wasn't Kirby's wife.

>Angora Lapin

So it's an unintentional coincidence?

Hidden in plain sight.

Scott Free. I thought the pun was limited to the "free" part. In my defense, I'm ESL.

No, it's a regular coincidence.
An intentional coincidence is not a coincidence.
I feel like I shouldn't have to explain that.

The gray (symbol: Gy) is a derived unit of ionizing radiation dose in the International System of Units.

The gray was named after British physicist Louis Harold Gray, a pioneer in the measurement of X-ray and radium radiation and their effects on living tissue.[3] It was adopted as part of the International System of Units in 1975.

Previously, the pre-1971 non-SI roentgen unit of radiation exposure, was named after the scientist Wilhelm Roentgen.

Jean Grey was created in 1965, predating the Gray as a unit of measure in radiation.

It's not idioms, it's hyperbole metaphors

No, Lee just stole the credit