"Hey, Border Tribe. Remember how you all betrayed me a few months ago? Please, please, please, please...

"Hey, Border Tribe. Remember how you all betrayed me a few months ago? Please, please, please, please, please don't do that today."

It really took nothing whatsoever for W'Kabi to turn on him, huh?

Hey man, Wakandans are sticklers for tradition. Killmonger won fair and square, and was active king at the time.

It will have been almost 2 years. BP takes place a week after Civil War, but Infinity War will take place 4 years after GotG vol. 2, according to James Gunn. GotG vol. 2 was still in 2014.

Well Killmonger rescued Klaw from being brought in so there's some degree of silly loyalties since he was bitter about T'Challa not having done it seemingly. One could say he's making up for that by being more loyal for the time being.

>4 years
>groot is only a teenager
Fucking goddammit

T'Challa didn't die or yield. Killmonger tried to cheat by sending an army of backstabbing insurgents after him even when that became clear.

>Border Tribe wears brown shirts
>they all wind up following Killmonger, who is basically Ghetto Hitler

K-K-Kino.

But IW takes place after Homecoming, and that movie is set in 2020.

To be honest, I'd be confused as fuck on who to listen to. I just took it as most listening to their commanding officer, who just so happened to side with Killmonger because he killed Klaw and had personal bias.

It was so disgustingly slimy when W'Kabi tried to disarm Okoye by having her choose him over Wakanda when he betrayed the royal family ostensibly for the fate of Wakanda. What an utter scumbag.

> Didn't die or yield
You're right, technically the challenge was still going on.

Seriously. A bunch of Wakandans died because W’Kabi couldn’t see past his hate boner for Klaue and followed the guy who was very much unfit to lead.

If anything, Killmonger should have pointed out that Zuri interfering meant that he won by default due to outside interference.

Are those a couple white guys in the back?

What? Homecoming happens only short time after Civil War; a couple months at most, maybe.

According to Russo Bros, Civil War happens about a year after Age of Ultron. Ultron himself says it's been 8 years since Tony Stark revealed himself to be Iron Man.

Some of the timeline may be a little inconsistent, but 2020 for Homecoming seems like quite a stretch.

They're fodder
Wakandans are gonna drop like flies

Bucky and Cap

I remember it saying "8 years later" after Vulture lost his contract cleaning up the wreckage of Avengers 1

Why didn't they give the heart shaped herb to everyone to make everyone an awesome black panther fighter? Why just t'challa black panther? All you need to make a black panther is the herb and a mortar and pestle.

Panther god doesn't allow it

would the panther god reject an "unworthy" king.

That just means avengers 1 takes place sometime before 2012. If iron man had been iron man for eight years since age of ultron, and we assume that iron man 1 takes place around the time of release, not a huge amount of time takes place between iron man 1 and 2, avengers 1 probably only takes place in 2010? Maybe earlier.

My figuring might be shit but the point is the movies are running on a different time line than the physical release dates, obviously.

It's supposed to be poisonous to those without royal blood I think at least in some iterations.

I didn't see a panther god in the movie? Killmonger became a black panther and he was unworthy as fuuck.

Wakandans are assholes, nobody wants to deal with THAT many assholes given superpowers.

Source??

The reference the panther god several times, and Killmonger isnt "unworthy" given his royal bloodline. As states, its poisonous to non royal Wakandans. And even if it weren't, the Heart Shaped Herb is a very limited resource

I doubt Bast would consider Killmonger unworthy. He was highly ambitious, had royal blood, and generally a very smart and strong person. The Panther God isn't exactly the friendliest and benevolent dude.

Could T'Challa's sister get the panther powers?

Yep, just checked, it does say that

So, if Homecoming is, let's say, 2018, then Avengers 1 is 2010. If Age of Ultron is 2016, then Iron Man 1 is 2008. Avengers 1 was released in 2012 in theatres, but I definitely don't think it was 4 years between Iron Man 1 and Avengers 1 in-universe time.

Iron Man 2 happens less than a year later than Iron Man 1, doesn't it?

There's no reference to Avengers 1 taking place before 2012. All the other movies minus GotG2 and Black Panther took place the same year they came out, and those movies specifically say when they're taking place.
Realistically, whoever put "8 years later" probably just didn't know what they were doing.

In theory, yes. She is descended from one of the 5 royal tribes, and has a right to challenge for the throne. That's why everyone was shocked when she raised her hand during the ceremony. M'Baku also could gain power from the herb for the same reasons, despite his tribe being the radical outside traditionalists

They've said they want the movies to match their release dates, and I think for most movies that's held up within a year. But I just can't see 4 years happening in-universe between the end of Iron Man and The Avengers. Maybe at best, Iron Man is at the end of 2008 and The Avengers at the beginning of 2011, but 2012 is just too much time having been passed imho.

>Killmonger
>Unworthy

Let me guess. Your white.

Why does 4 years between IM1 and Avengers 1 seem too long to you?

Should be yes, though I don't know that she does it much.
For the cinematic version I doubt they'd give her that anytime soon, she's an engineer not a fighter so unless they just want her to be a pseudo Iron-Man of sorts she's not all that much use in a fight.

t'challa promises him klaue

doesn't deliver

killmonger gives him klaue all gift wrapped.

who do you think w'kabi thinks is the more competent one?

Yeah, they mention bast a shit ton, but no where does bast appear and say "only royal bloodline is worthy."

And who says heart shaped herb is a limited resource? There's hundreds of plants in the grow room. And on top of that, the film acts like if you take the herb once you have black panther powers forever until Forrest whitaker gives you anti heart shaped herb juice.

Nah, Killmonger was a shit and T'challa was less of a shit. Is there a different criteria for worthiness established in the film?

Okay, let's break this down and see what we get. I assume there must be SOME internal consistency with MCU; which is, of course, my first mistake.

At the end of the day, the timeline is consistent if you keep it relative. The question is the starting year.

The Russo Brothers said "about a year" has passed between Age of Ultron and Civil War. So let's say that is 9-15 month range. There is ambiguity between Civil War and Homecoming;
but it's very short, probably a couple weeks, a month at max. Because Homecoming and Age of Ultron set absolute timelines with previous movies at 8 years each, then we can assume there was a 9-16 month range between Iron Man and Avengers, as that MUST mirror the time between AoU and CW.

The timeline is relative. So it doesn't matter what the starting year is, really. If IM is set in 2008, then Avengers is 2010 and Civil War/Homecoming is 2018. If Homecoming is 2020, then sure, Avengers is 2012, but IM1 is 2010.

I *think* Avengers was released later than it's in-universe timeline simply because they had to set up Thor, Captain America and IM2 in-between. Thor and Captain America could have happened at any time. IM2 was probably a few months before Avengers (it depends on how long that montage of Vanko building the arc reactor was). But the movie release schedules are a lot closer to what we are seeing if we assume a starting year of 2008. At the end of the day, I guess it's all a moot point.

They kept the herb stuff purposefully vague. Do you have to be buried? Do you have to commune with ancestors or is that just hallucination?

The fact that they didn't have a hundred supersoldier Panthers running around is enough to tell you there's a reason, but we won't know. Maybe they're just that good at sticking with tradition

To be fair the events after Get Out kinda fucked him up a little bit.

>Maybe they're just that good at sticking with tradition
That's pretty heavily reinforced throughout. I'm with you on this, user.