Gunnerkrigg Court

>blimey

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Ersties/status/964906080928260097
youtube.com/watch?v=xz3OISxP-Iw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's about fucking time.

F

Hmmm. Since we've seen his tooth laugh and Coyote specifically told Annie not to tell Ysengrin about it, I assume he'll die here but live on through his tooth, and already inside the Court.

I think it's the 1st time I've ever seen Coyote without his trademark smirk.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh... Holy fuck.

So Coyote's visual change wasn't a one-panel thing, good to know.

I did not see this coming.

I wonder if Coyote did.

No, we've seen it a couple times. When he was begging Annie to tell him stories, and when he turned giant and hit Ysengrin the first time he appeared, to name two.

Meanwhile, Annie and Smitty are stood there awkwardly.

"Man, it's so embarassing when your hosts start arguing between themselves!"

That's not gone well

So, intentional on the part of Coyote, or not?

Also, is Ysengrin gone nuts or did he get his memories back?

If he eats Coyote, does he get all the other powers?

Well.

Huh.

remember, every time coyote gave someone a power it had unpredictable side effects. tree control gave Y the shakes. mind jumping causes the host to die. in this case it looks like strength gave Y uncontrollable rage.

Ysengrin already had that though.

ummmm

>Giving a violent psychopath with mental and anger the power of a deity

Whoodathunkit

It was more than just the shakes. It made his real body wither.

It is absolutely intentional. I am pretty sure this is exactly what Coyote thought would happen.

It's almost as though Ysengrin has been harbouring resentment against Coyote, for some reason?

Maybe this is his "...Gin you bastard!" moment. Putting up with this shit for centuries just waiting for that one perfect moment.

Ysengrin was already a giant ball of anger and resentment. This was never going to end well.

Well done to Tom though, I did not expect this

Undoubtedly intentional. Coyote still has irons in the fire, and we haven't seen even his earliest plans come to fruition.

Sadly Annie and Smitty aren't shitty enough people to make this funny. Something along the lines of "...Do you think they'll blame us?" or "We are so fired." or "I guess we won't be putting this job on my college application".

So, what do you think the blood of a god looks like? Any bets?

I don't understand, why would he dislike Coyote, who has treated him with nothing but respect and courtesy?

Wow! This chapter is pretty lewd, Tom!

Can someone compile a list of shit Coyote did to spite Ysengrin?

>Preserving Renard's immortal body while letting Ysengrin rot away inside the wooden suit
>Constantly belittling, insulting and humiliating Ysengrin in front of everyone, including the Court
>Manipulating shit like Annie seeing his true body, and often enough that he can easily tell it's been done
>Taking out several hundred of his memories, leaving him both mentally and physically compromised
>Intentionally provoking him into harming the one person he loves by telling her the great secret

Anything else?

Really? It was blanently obvious. It's been forshadowed forever.

Is Tom gonna finally put ysengrin down?
Is there going to be an actual character death?
I'm already hard at the thought!

Oh dear

So does Annie get to guide Coyote to the afterlife?

TOM WHAT THE FUCK

Oh dear.

Ysengrin, more likely.

Well that took a turn much more quickly than I anticipated. No time to waste I guess.

Ruh roh!

When? I need a refresher.

I feel like a battered housewife. So many times Tom has had the twist be that literally nothing happens and now that something is happening I can only think of how this is going to end up with nothing happening.

his smile and optimism: gone

Finally.
Something happening*.

FUUUUUCK

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DON'T LIKE THIS

Do you guys think this is what Ysengrin wanted?
He wanted Coyote's strength not to destroy humans, but to destroy Coyote because deep down he actually knew and understood all the shit he was put through?

I also like this user's idea, but i don't really think Coyote's gonna die at all

it's going to be alright guys, Coyote is going to be just fine next page. I'm sure of it

This is a very good observation. He also might be using parleys and smittys gifts to do something similar.
also this, its probably intentional.

>oh no ysengrin has killed me
>court begins to not care about coyote at all because ysengrin killed him
>wabam! coyote appears in the middle of the court using the left over pieces given to our MC's

rest of the thread explains it well, but also the dead goose/swan chapter where coyote tells the story of playing dead. which might be what he will do here.

Okay, multiple things:
1. Why do you WANT Coyote to be ok? He's terrible.
2. Why would you think he wouldn't be ok? When has a scene like this ever not led to the demise of the character who went into a murderous rage?
3. Why would you not want things like this to happen? We've been waiting for this for years.

Does Kat look like this girl? (NSFW)
twitter.com/Ersties/status/964906080928260097

Fuck off Imaa

No.

A little, though, right?

Kill yourself, Imaa

About fucking time for one of Coyote's cunning plans to bite him in the ass? Sure is, he's fucking Coyote, it's what happens.

Well... shit.

Isn't getting horribly wounded/killed due to your own arrogance and machinations pretty much par for the course when it comes to trickster deities?

Yes. Maui died inside the vagina of the goddess of death

I don't actually see it happening, but it would be amazing if Ysengrin was being perfectly rational about this, and was simply doing what he always would have if he had more power than Coyote.

I remember in a documentary about people who lived among wolves, that having your neck held in their teeth was a test of trust/submission. If you flinched and try to pull away, you'd having your throat torn out but if you hold still, they'd eventually let go.

Maybe that's what's going on here and Ysens is simply showing dominance to Coyote. He'll still care for him.

I thought the tree body was to make up for Ysengrins frail, wizened body, not the cause of it. I might be misremembering though.

Annie's probably pissing herself in arousal right now

>Expecting anything to ever happen in Gunnerkrigg
I mean, there was The Happening, but that was a one time deal that will never be replicated.

>The Happening
Carver's return?

How new are you?

god I wish this were me

the blood is right there, niggy

Well this doesn't look like he's just holding Coyote's neck. He's already forced his teeth into him

There is no blood.

dafuq

is something actually happening

I genuinely do not know Coyote's angle here. If he wanted fuck up the Court, he could have done so himself as soon as Jeanne was gone, so there's something he's getting out of letting Ysengrin go on a rampage instead. That this wasn't intentional on Coyote's part seems unlikely, since's he's basically never been significantly surprised or inconvenienced by ANYTHING so far.

OhShit.gif
... I legit did not see that coming.

o shit

This.

wew lad

Welp, that went as well as expected.

>the blood is right there, niggy
You just can't see it.

>1. Why do you WANT Coyote to be ok? He's terrible.
Is he? I mean, he is an huge troll, but aside from that, he hasn't really done anything terrible.

also, he is the only one that can make the totem that allow the people fo the forest to become human. It's kind of a big issue.

for

>he could have done so himself as soon as Jeanne was gone
He could have done it before. Jeanne was never of a good protection. And it's coyote himself who wanted the separation. The ghost was basically a knee-jerk reaction to the forest, the court going "Y... You too!..."

He's a small fry little shit god who thinks he's a big shot.
He's arrogant, pretentious and obnoxious.

RIP Wolfdad

So Ysengrin, who's actually very weak, has been given immense strength
And Coyote's almost certainly coming back
And when he does, he's probably getting his strength back too

Taking bets! Will Ysengrin die to shock from his withered body suddenly losing so much strength? Or will Coyote be the one to do him in?

I don't think ysengrin will live to see another day, actually. He'll die here.

IF anyone will die at all, that is.
Knowing Tom it's much more likely Coyote will fake his death and ys will snap out of it or the situation will cool down entirely on its own before anything can happen.

It's just occurred to me that maybe Coyote never had a plan to begin with.

>Chaos god is so chaotic that he just does whatever the hell and doesn't even have a plan, but everything works out and it looks like he has a plan simply because he's caused so much chaos that he's accidentally created a million fallbacks, which he then claims to have always had to save face and sow doubt/confusion and thus more chaos

As much as I'd like for Coyote to receive some punishment for being such a gargantuan asshole I just don't see it happening. I could definitely see him faking this so that he won't be held responsible when Ysengrin attacks the Court.

>I remember in a documentary about people who lived among wolves, that having your neck held in their teeth was a test of trust/submission. If you flinched and try to pull away, you'd having your throat torn out but if you hold still, they'd eventually let go.
Wolf teeth aren't very sharp, so that wouldn't happen.

Coyote's speech in the last pages implies that he didn't expect this to happen, and that he actually thought he had tempered Ysengrin's rage enough.

>Well that took a turn much more quickly than I anticipated. No time to waste I guess.
I recall these turns have all been very quick. The big reveals tend to happen with one page, and then we spend a lot of time with the fallout.

Ysengrin loves Coyote, but he also hates him and he is obviously berserking here, so he might even go WHAT HAVE I DONE like he did when he attacked Annie once calms down.

And Coyote is obviously knew this was gonna happen and definitely have a revival plan in progress and just spat the "Now you will protect me" to make Ysengrin seem even more monstrous to Annie and Smitty, Trickster gods, not even once.

If nothing else Annie and gang still have his toothsword.
He probably can reform himself with any part of his body.

Jeanne is against Ysengrin and the like. Who would attack the court even if Coyote told him not to.

gg Tom, this was the one thing I didn't expect.

Can someone remind me how Coyote's powers work when he gives them away?

If I recall, when Coyote gives someone one of his abilities, he loses that ability himself, correct? So could coyote actually be powerless in this situation?

yeah but that's just because he refuses to use his real body, not because he has the power
His muscles atrophied, it's not technically a curse, just a consequence of using the powers in a specific way

Okay, so they'll just maul you to death with their not very sharp teeth instead. Happy?

>he hasn't really done anything terrible

/r/ing the first time coyote takes memories from Ysengrin where he looks 100% like a villain

Okay.

Coyote is a good guy!

What a delightful Jape

If any of you think this is actually going to kill/legitimately hurt Coyote then you have a poor understanding of what Coyote is. It will be an interesting scene or two though.

Hell, this might be a ploy to show Ysengrin how he is wrong to keep holding onto his hatred or something like that

well considering that coyote ripped off part of himself to give, not to mention his 'strength', if there's ever a time to kill him off it's now.

>Coyote's master plan was to get himself killed

Just keep in mind that APPEARING to be killed/hurt is absolutely not the same as actually BEING killed/hurt to a god. Same thing with APPEARING to give away your strength.
At the moment we still know nothing.

We're pretty sure Coyote will be fine, it's the other characters that have a problem

When Kat and Paz first went cannon, it settled a lot of shipping debate. People got way too excited.

youtube.com/watch?v=xz3OISxP-Iw

And the ball is still up in th air if "Strength" is just physical or "the whole package", the first is the most obvious one, but between Coyote looking less otherworldy and not shapeshifting while Ysengrin is distorted shit looks like Crimsongrin basically got the divinity as part of the parcel. There is also the fact that Tricksters often end up getting BAD END by being too clever and underestimating the fact they enraged someone, but unless we see the tooth dissolve or something Coyote is just faking and this all is all according to plan.

Im still convinced Tom only did it to stop LESBIAN EDITS from being made.

Word of Tom is that it's both. The body does drain him, but he's made it far far worse by using it so much that his muscles would be atrophying anyway.

Why?

This, it is important to remember that Ysengrin managed to make fucking JONES raise an eye even before this.

What if Coyote deliberately groomed this to make Ysengrin into something stronger then himself when he gets his powers? We know Jones can take Coyote on from Jones claiming she can take Annie from the forest by force in Fire Spike.

There is also no blood, so next page COULD have it turn out to be a fakeout., but probably not.

Coyote finally getting his comeuppance!

Hey what the hell were those seeds?

Can God create a wolf so powerful it can kill Him?
The answer is yes, but turns out it's not really a good idea.

I didn't see this coming. But I guess dying was part of Coyote's plan.

As far as i can remember, not yet explained, same boat as the Tictocs (Those mechanical birds), but i suspect we will see them again soon, probably in a growing montage when Ysengrin goes INITIATE INVASION PLAN ALPHA! But man, this shit is turning everything on its head.

Right, gods totally can't kill other gods. That has never happened before in any pantheon.

Alright, Coyote won't die here, obviously.
Anyone who's ever read any fiction knows this.
HOWEVER, Coyote can and WILL die when Kat finally fights him. When do you guys think that will happen, though?
Will tht be the end of the comic, or do you think that Kat will be staying around as a god for a year or so after that until the real ending of the comic? And how do you guys think it would end, in that case.
Also, will Annie ever be relevant again or is she gonna be pushed to the side entirely?

yeah, but Coyote doesn't actually exist

the seeds weren't planted with the wood arm the robot brought into the court right?

>the only time the fandom was actually excited was because >hurr durr muh lesbians

God, Ysengrin is even more pathetic than Annie.
At least she's got an excuse.

>too excited
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!

coyote is fun

Annie is creaming herself off screen.

>creaming herself
annie has a dick?

Nah, she'll never get the dick.

Coyote's dead for real, but mortality is a complete non-issue to him. Letting himself die for something like this seems insane to lesser creatures, but to him it was just "I'm going to give him my power, then he's going to murder me. Won't that be funny?"

I have a theory:
what if Reynard and Isengrin are part of Coyote and just forgot they were?

Gods get better from death all the time.

Considering Coyote's whole lore is that he dies... alot... and gets reborn with the next sunrise... everything should be okay.

And if you question that, Gunnerkrigg Coyote = Native American Coyote.

When Annie asked why Yesengrin sticks to Coyote like a fly on shit he says its because he is powerful and he respects that, and he says the same thing when Coyote asks him that same question. Now there is no reason for Yesengrin to love him anymore.

Whoops, forgot how to spell Ysengrin.

And i forgot to remove the name. Please ignore that.

One of the best of this meme I've seen.

just this once I'm glad zimmy isn't on this page

Who?

You are a motherfucker.

Truth

Some of you niggers are way too hung up on the idea that coyote is a dog with magic powers and completely missing the point that coyote isn't anything at all.

For a non-existent motherfucker he sure does fuck around a lot with real things.

Coyote is something, he's living ether.

I think y wanted the strength of the forest to protect it. So got the strength of the trees. But side effect is roots gotta take hold for a strong tree and they're fucking up his body.

Or something like that.

>everyone on Cred Forums believing he'll be brought back
>as if any of ya'll predicted this initial attack to begin with
>watch the madman just make coyote super dead, we never see him again
>ded
>and y takes over
>maybe another coyote like god is reborn since they all do come from ether and shit
>but it's completely different, no memories, not the same dude at all and couldn't give a fuck about the court and just roams the world fucking off

he's literally "your mind makes it real"
clap your hands and believe in Coyote.

Fuck, I'm really behind on this...

Can't really tell if it's blood or not, but I see reddish areas where Ysengrin's teeth are sinking in. Coyote's whole body has a reddish tinge on its borders so it could just be that. Tom also has a habit of showing an action at the exact moment of it happening, like how Smitty for reference was stabbed by a main gauche but wasn't actually shown bleeding until 4 or 5 pages later

I believe in Zimmy!

So what happens to Annie and Smitty and how the hell are they getting out of this?

Didn't mortimer pass on?

He's got to many balls in the air. He's going to start talking to Anna through the tooth while ysengrin takes over the first gets more and more crazy while preparing to attack the court.

They have George the Magic School Bus to give them a emergency exit, Smitty just need to *BAM* her in. But as they teleport out Annie is left behind due the "Luck" power deciding that she needs to stay because ALL PIECES FALL RIGHT WHERE THEY NEED TO BE! KNOTTING ENSUES!

Deader then Dead, Spirit Destroyed List:

Surma (Led into the Ether by Annie)
Jeanne (Led into the Ether by Annie)
Some Green Dude the (Led into Ether by Annie)
Mort (Led into the Ether by Annie)

Danny (Cause of Death: Renard Posession)
Sivo (Cause of Death: Renard Reynard Possession)
Hetty (Cause of Death: Renard set her on Fire, Spirit seemed to shown to be destroyed when doll was.)

A bunch of Robots (Permanently Turned of by Kat )

There are obviously more, but these are the ones that popped in my mind.

i saw the attack coming a mile away tho

He's really only got the tooth.

Which could be a convoluted way for him to come back from dying. But it could be a lot of things.

>people freaking out about this
so did everyone forget about this page?
ysengrin is playing right into coyote's hands

Almost everyone in the thread is saying that they think that this is all according to coyote's plan though.

Those don't count.
I need violent deaths or I can't finish.

Now that you mention it they probably were, which just reinforces that Ysengrin already had a foothold and the crying tree might been his creation too.

A fanimation if anyone's interested.

It looks like Invader Zim, I like it.

>Blender

Oh boy, the court gonna feel stupid now since the whole deal with the Surma Gambit was to prevent something like this, Coyote played them like a damn fiddle.

How is this shit a happening, and Carver's return isn't?

Actual years worths of threads filled with "JUST FUCK ALREADY" jokes setting the stage, once the LESBIAN KAT got confirmed thread activity actually died down significantly.

Kind of depressing honestly.
I'd feel bad for Tom; people losing interest in his comic by because they finally god lesbians, but I know he has big boner for schoolgirl yuri himself.