Thoughts on these designs?

Thoughts on these designs?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/dc-collectibles-reveals-doomsday-clock-action-figures-gerard-way-batman-joker-statues-and-more/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like something from My Chemical Romance

Isn't Gerald Way the lead singer if My Chemical Romance?

Yup
He became a comics guy and now works at DC.

He runs the sadly unsuccessful Young Animal line.

His stuff is mostly pretty good.

I like the Joker design. Batman not so much.

These designs look very Tim Burton-y, so much so that I'm surprised this isn't what Batman & Joker looked like in Burton's movie.

like you gotta ask.

Is any of his comics good?

>These designs look very Tim Burton-y
My friend says the same thing, the batman is kind of a rip off of Burton's catwoman

Umbrella Academy is fantastic and Killjoys is kind of more esoteric but still a fun read.

all them are

Batman kinda reminds me of this cool guy. Something about the gotham subway map embroidered in his cape looks pretty neat to me.

Is Batman going to be in an Assassins Creed game?

Gotham literally nestled in the cape is the only part I love about it. Totally see Bruce doing that.

They're only good designs if they're both Arkham inmates, vying for control.
Having a map of Gotham on the inside of Bat's cape is pretty funny, though, like he'd be checking it whenever he got lost navigating the skyline.

Always thought that design made Joker look like an edgy teenager. I'd still like to see more of it.

about as shit as the regular ones

The joker one could be a nice design for a young joker copycat who shows up during one of the joker's 'presumed dead' phases.
The batman isn't really giving me any ideas.

Batman is pretty unimpressive, but I like the escaped mental patient look Joker's got going on. Reminds me a bit of Ledger's Joker, but better.
I'd actually consider buying it. Take that shit over Leto any day.

No

Twiztid?

Only read his current Doom Patrol but its terrible.

Only part I don't like on batman is the unnecessary belts and locks. Not tactically sound.

I hope the Joker in the Gotham High comic coming out is an edgy teenager and also a school shooter

Those patterns on the inside of his cape are super gay and don't make sense.

W\So why do I love them

Thoughts on the other statues and action figures coming out with Gerard's?
comicsbeat.com/dc-collectibles-reveals-doomsday-clock-action-figures-gerard-way-batman-joker-statues-and-more/

>Joker Bust
>Doomsday Clock action figures
>Nooligan B&W Harley, Joker, Batman
>Sho Murase Holiday Catwoman, Harley, Ivy
>Bombshells Joker's Daughter
>Bombshells Batman/Catwoman
>Bombshells Nurse Harley and Joker action figures
>Red Hood by Kenneth Rocafort
>Supergirl by Michael Turner
>Jim Lee Statue Set: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman
>Black Manta and Brainiac action figures
>Philip Tan B&W and red Harley
>Michael Turner B&W and red Harley

id like to see the riddler and killer moth in this style it looks cool

>Red Hood by Kenneth Rocafort
The helmet looks even worse in 3d

>also 5 Harleys

The designs are supposed to make them look like characters from interwar German expressionist cinema, but a lot of that seems lost in the translation into statue form.

>Masterlock Nipple Piercing

Goddamn that's a literal tough titty.

Why though? Its not Morrison' but idk really care, i figure im reading Doom Patrol trough the eyes of a pleb who read Morrison's run for the first time and had a boner every time he read an issue of it.

Could be fun.

I feel the Joker's coat should be a bright green or purple. Other than that the designs are mostly pretty good.

He always wanted to write comics, but couldn't get into the industry. So he started a pop punk band instead. That got popular, so he started his own comics on the side. A few years later he's got his own DC imprint.

Interesting, those are from a Batman book a writer had pitched since DC requested it but they didn't publish the book, I think the name was Rat

Let's see.
Batman is way too thin, I mean look at those skinny woman legs, Batman is supposed to have a large imposing frame to scare his opponents, not look like a KPop idol.

The Joker looks like a Nine Inch Nails fan from the 90s ready to cut some rug on the dance floor to impress every fat goth chick in the club. He looks less like a joker and more of a psych patient, granted that's the look this design is going for, but it's not The Joker.
Call me a purest, I don't give a damn, but those designs are ugly as shit.

I'm thinking of buying this...

Umbrella Academy is unberable, but Doom Patrol is an enjoyable cover band drek run.

Batman is okayish but that Joker is pretty cool, kinda reminds me of Cesare

Imagine having shit taste

joker reminds me of Kokichi Oma from DRV3
I bet the little bastard would look like that if he never grew out of his clown phase

I don't like Batman's design. Way too skinny and overdesigned.

Joker looks alright for an edgy teen.