Is this the moment that Cable stopped being a prime example of a 90’s Rob Liefeld extreme joke and became a genuinely...

Is this the moment that Cable stopped being a prime example of a 90’s Rob Liefeld extreme joke and became a genuinely good character?

pretty sure "cable & deadpool" laid the groundwork for years on developing him into something usable

X-Ecutioner in the 90’s, where he was revealed as Cyke and Maddie’s kid, and fought Stryfe on the moon, was really what opened his character to be used in a cool manner.

“Cable & Deadpool” was just the first time it was REALLY effectively done.

Definitely this. He had a good 50 issues or so of solid, interesting characterization there, which led into everything we've seen from him since then. It was the moment where he began to mature as a character into what we know him as now.

Actually IIRC X-Cutioner’a song had a fake out where Stryfe was Nathan Summers and Cable was the clone. It was Cable’s first ongoing (issue 6 I think) where they finally confirmed Cable was Nathan.

>Thinking MUH BABY made him a good character
Somebody hasn't read Cable & Deadpool or Soldier X.

Yeah, i guess what i am trying to say is that before X-Cutioner though, he was just god awful Liefeld crap. Once X-Cutioner happened (even with the fakeout), it opened up his character to arcs that were actually interesting

Making him Cyke's son was a mistake.He was pretty simple character back then and in one moment he became the most complicated in Marvel.

No he was like that long, long before. Fuck that series for completely ruining Bishop. If there's one good thing I can say about Soule it's that he's pretending those stories never happened.

Dude bishops character was ruined long before that, during the civil war mini it felt like he was going to go villain

When is Nate "X-Man" Summers' time?!

No, it happened years earlier.

So which is it? Was it a mistake or is Cable better off as Nathan Summers? How will we decide?

Is Soldier X good? I’ve been thinking of picking it up because the whole run can be found real cheap.

I like him being Scotts son. Its too bad the movie will probably have him be Wolverines son or Deadpool son or something like that

Messiah Complex is way better than Soule’s X-Men regardless of how Bishop was handled.

Was it during The Twelve?

Why would they? Him being Scotts son gives them a humor point because the movie Scott is (sadly) a joke and he won't be Logans because Logan made a point of Laura being his closest thing to a kid

>joke
he is the second x-man with the longest solo book, I dont get it either.

I think it definitely made him a better character. Most definitely convoluted when handled early on, but it saved him from being a forgettable Bishop-clone made by Liefeld.

Cable was around before Bishop

See? They made him artificially important. If the character is easy forgettable then why should he live longer?

>Bishop-clone

That's not how time travel works, broheim.

Because he was hugely popular