imdb.com/title/tt1825683/releaseinfo
twitter.com/whalien52/status/965435549740912640
netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/2000-fans-show-up-to-support-black.html?m=1
twitter.com/udonudonudong/status/964900039943380998
twitter.com/benniebennielee/status/965630377132900353
twitter.com/leeltair/status/965108760644472832
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Koreans thought it was a comedy

>not expecting the south korea pandering to work.

The real test will be china.

No one cares about worse Korea. There a reason why Hollywood don’t pander to them.

>South Korean fandom's nickname for MBJ basically translates to "handsome as fuck"
They aren't even wrong

>China meme

The movie will be a financial success before it even comes to China. Remember, Suicide Squad made $700 Million and won an Oscar without China.

I'm straight but I can admit MBJ is a beautiful man.

Maybe Wakanda can become real. We got President Trump and Goku Blanco. Anything's possible.

>Suicide Squad
And nobody cares.

>Gets proven wrong
>"N-Nobody cares!"

The absolute state of Cred Forums

>Suicide Squad won an Oscar.

What the fuck? That shit better have been for something silly like costume designs, use of third party music, or best coffee fetching intern.

It was for make-up. Somehow beating Star Trek Beyond.

Makeup. Basically goes to the movie that year that had their characters in white facepaint.

Meh, his face is kinda ugly, looks constipated. He doesn't really do it for me.

Nah, nigga. The make up work on that shit was pretty damn good and they absolutely deserved it.

It was makeup. One of the "Participation" Oscars.

Proven wrong about what? Oscar or not making Millions or not. The movie has now largely been forgotten aside from Harley. Like every other DC Film. Which sucks.

Are you guys still butthurt over this shit?

Both Killer Croc and El Diablo were very impressive pieces of makeup work. Unlike it's competition mentioned in , which didn't have anything that couldn't have been done on the tv show.

>"Movies need CHINA to be successful!"
>"Suicide Squad didnt"
>"T-That doesn't count! Skwad sucked! Black Panther will fail!"

But that's not the point. The movie was succesful without China and It did got an Oscar. The argument stands.

You're the one who seems butthurt by people acknowledging that the makeup oscar hasn't been taken seriously since the rise of CG. Even GotG was nominated in 2014 and they barely bothered with anything practical aside from painting people green or blue.

Croc looked great but Diablo was literally just fake tattoos that cosplayers could make.

He looks better with his character's beard

Don't worry, fellow white people, at least it will flop in Russia!
r-right...?

If it wasn't taken seriously, there would no schools for said craftmanship and no prices involving the process of turning a man into a monster without any digital means.

You are getting mad over people not agreeing with your perception of what is relevant and what isn't. Make up takes long hours to be applied and requires a certain degree of study on facial structure, anatomy and art. Kinda how serious tattoo artists need to study sculpture and anatomy to be considered actual artists. There is education and hard work in the process that should be awknowledged.

Depends if Putin likes it or not.

In all honesty, I find Chadwick Boseman to be more handsome.

Dude, nobody's dismissing the make up work. Well, some are I guess, but the point is that winning a makeup award can't redeem the movie and it's disingenuous when fanboys go "lol you're just butthurt"

This is not comics or cartoons

>If it wasn't taken seriously, there would no schools for said craftmanship and no prices involving the process of turning a man into a monster without any digital means.
You're confusing a specific award being taken seriously with a profession having a utility in an industry.
The animation oscar is a joke to anyone who cares about animation, it doesn't stop people from working in animation.

>You are getting mad over people not agreeing with your perception of what is relevant and what isn't.
What the fuck makes you think I'm getting mad over that in any way? You're the one who multi-replied to people who had a different view of you, in a reply to another user's question.

I never implied that makeup itself is a joke.

WAKANDED

I don't know user.

>the makeup oscar hasn't been taken seriously

That is very dismissing, man. And despite not being a great movie, render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's. Make up IS a redeeming point of that movie, if the only one.

>You're confusing a specific award being taken seriously with a profession having a utility in an industry.

But that profession was directly involved in the movie. The make up deserved that award, therefore the IS a redeeming quality in it.

Too bad professional hollywood studios can't make them.

Reminder that South Korea has about a million extra people there from all over the world. Reminder that Olympic tickets are both hard to get for events people would watch and easy to get for shit nobody wants to see. Reminder that going to the movies is good "team building" as well as a cheap date.

The Disney shills like to deny it but it's VERY clear why they released early in SK specifically and why it coincided with the Olympics.

Oscars in technical fields are the only Oscars actually worth a damn, as everything else usually either goes with what is popular, what's designed specifically to appeal to Oscar voters, or is just a popularity contest. Do they say anything about the quality of the movie itself? No, but that's not the point of those Oscars.

Nobody implied it's not a redeeming quality of that movie. I feel like you don't know what you're arguing about anymore.

I didnt thought it would be that big successfull in korea, but regarding that kpop is very rap loving, not surprisingly.
But questions is how china with their dislike of blacks react. And how japan react, japan likes disney, likes superheroes but are conservative with minority curiousity for blacks.

Besides if its a mediocre movie it will get their audience. You have this trump, native society with sci-fi black people, so there is something in it for alt-right, far left and everyone in the middle.

>Bunch of white people from white only countries going to see a black movie
I don't see the point in your argument

When Panther is up for best costume design, which I think isn't outside he realm of possibility, the Disney shills around here will change their tune.

Anyone with a brain knows the "big 4" awards, really the big 6 with the "supporting" actors, are the meme choices made for headlines. The rest of the people are the ones who make the movie. Well I'll say the director does too obviously. But they're usually chosen for other reasons as well.

Really?

I don't see the problem. It's a good strategy.

Yes.

It released in SK at the same time as basically everywhere other than Russia and China.

Those damn communists can wait.

>if I say something untrue it makes what user said untrue.

Nice try shill. Population inflation, especially do to tourists, will affect that number. Also, that's cute, making it racial but white are seeing this in numbers in the US as well.

Koreans and asians in general didn't just gain an affinity for African lore, let alone African lore portrayed by African Americans with shitty fake accents.

I didn't say it was a problem. It's clearly a good strategy. The problem is the shills saying that it had no effect or that it wasn't, in fact, even a "strategy".

>pol tore down Black Panther as a cynical ploy by the jews to exploit infantile black militancy for shekels

>Black Panther actually inspires a legitimate, enlightened Black Pride movement embracing philospohy and technoliberation

>Black people finally rise as a civilized race, the long neglected african wealth deficit surge forward

>50 years after the release of Black Panther, Wakanda becomes real

>on Mars

>tfw

Wow you are extra dedicated to hating this movie.

Look into the history of Liberia. if you can solve the problems that developed there then there might be a chance.

I was gonna say that if that were true you'd see more non--big-budget-Hollywood winners for technical awards. There's about 3 in the last 20 years for makeup, which is about the same as the "big awards" if not less.

I’m not in anyway a Cred Forumstard but I’m actually surprised it’s doing well in Asia areas, considering the whole TLJ deal from a few months ago. Good job Black Panther

>Trying this hard

Give it up Cred Forums. The Asians love us

Well there's a divegrass player trying his hand at it right now.

>The Gang thinks everything is a conspiracy

My favorite Always Sunny episode!

nigga please stop doing a Resetera-tier stupidly biased absurd cultural criticism based on shitty anecdotes. your american identity politics doesnt work so well outside of america.

japan was always the first non-western country that co-opted the latest black culture hard. same goes for hollywood. eddie murphy was the shit over there back in 80s. even if it flops it aint have anything to do with you racial spectrum/goggles.

>enlightened Black Pride movement

Nice shit post.

4-dimentional chess

Nigga, you gay.

Is it gay if the man is beautiful?

TLJ was fucking shit and an insult to the intelligence of the viewers (this according to a chinese reviewer). BP isn't.

Yes, very much so. Almost as gay as traps.

Saw it last night, theater sold out, sawyoung black teens excited interested and talking about it for an hour afterward at the theater adjavent taco bell.

I thought it interesting that the villain wanted cultural revolution of black people in America and Europe frompoverty and oppression by force and the hero was an otherwise social conservative who decided to become a positive example for change rather than hiding the power that was at his people’s command.

Non-big budget films usually don't have the money for good shit on the technical side. Drama and comedy is cheap to make. Most small budget Oscar winners are straight out the Hollywood studios too, to the point where major studios usually have a subunit or two devoted specifically to them.

Japan is pretty much the upper-middle class white kids of Asia, love black stuff wouldn't actually want black people in their neighborhood but would be really polite about it.

>Cred Forums was wrong

Stop it digga, it just an analyse and what in my eyes can mean good acception or conservateve reaction to the film.
I didnt thought that it would get that much traction, but i didnt thought it would fail like guostbusters.

Makeup really isn't that expensive except when it comes to huge prosthetic jobs. Which granted, is usually what gets you voted in, expecially ageing up jobs.
Although Dallas Buyers Club won it on an alleged 250$ makeup budget for making Leto into a trap.

Cred Forums is wrong all the time, its just that make hundreds of vague claims at a time so at least one of them will be at least half right, and ignore everything that was wrong.

I think the context for all of this is pretty tragic. The desperate longing american blacks have for an african country that they can associate with.
Wakanda is a fictional country that is invented to be a respectable superpower, one someone would be proud to have roots in. The villain feels a kinship with western blacks and wants to use Wakandan superiority for their benefit.
Contrast this with the real world, where American blacks mostly don't know what country their ancestors came from, and if they did it probably wouldn't be a very inspiring or important place and its citizens would feel no kinship towards them.

Wakanda is wish fulfillment, and the wish it fulfills is one that shows deep scars.

do you have a counter argument other than "nahhhh you wrong"

you don't have to be "extra dedicated to hating" something to understand that if the united states had a percentage increase in

good business isn't a conspiracy. it's good business.

>japan was always the first non-western country that co-opted the latest black culture hard
no, they co-opt western culture. Not black culture. And "always" displays your level of retardation.

beyond that China is the goal, not japan. But I'm not that user and I don't really care if it flops or not.

>The desperate longing american blacks have for an african country that they can associate with.
It doesn't have to be an african country. Just ANY country.
That's why so many black nerds are weebs.

Just like Superman was the creation of a man who's father was killed by a robber. Take the jewishness out of Superman, take the ethnicity and background out of any superhero, and what you have is wish fulfillment.

Most people don't get into superhero comics because the world made them feel good. It's usually quite the opposite, especially with writers. Sometimes they create paragons like Superman, sometimes they lose their goddamn minds and write Holy Terror.

>Japan is pretty much the upper-middle class white kids of Asia,
nigga you are obsessed too much with being american lmao. this is called americentrism

>any japanese cultural history with blacks didnt exist because of our nazi fucks liking japan.
>thus they are evil foreign fuckers supporting fucking nazi ideology, they are our enemy. only my political/racial spectrum is right

this is called binary thinking as well

>It’s the Chinafag again

Just give it up. The movie is already a financial success.

I literally called it good business and said I didn't want it to flop. Shut the fuck up you stupid fucking monkey.

Why so triggered, cumskin? Nobody gives a shit about China. You’ve spouting the same shit in multiple threads for months.

Who cares what SoKo thinks?

Isn't China really into basketball? Where did this "china hates black people" meme come from?

posts like this are why people do want it to flop. It's probably a decent enough movie. But being told it's the greatest of all time, or seeing "sales" numbers when serena williams and other celebrities are buying out theatres that are half full when the tickets are handed out gets annoying.

I remember getting to see The Force Awakens twice for free. Both times the entire cineplex was rented out (all tickets "bought") for the company. That's two entire cineplex "sell outs" added to the list. And I can't imagine we were the only one.

People wonder where 300 million in advertising can go. It goes to first week sales.

But cool. i hope BP does numbers, gets a sequel and he starts to sell comics well. But considering the fact that most of the social media posts are completely devoid of "go buy some comics" or maybe include a "go on amazon and buy a paperback" T'Chala will likely still be regarded as a C-lister when it comes to sales. And he'll maybe get another stealth mini or cancelled series here and there while people complain about representation.

Its just a small group of autists from Cred Forums who want to prove the world REALLY hates blacks.

Apparently the entire world is China.

Again, it factually wasn't released early in Worst Korea, it was released at the same time as most of the world give or take 2 days.
imdb.com/title/tt1825683/releaseinfo

It's releasing late in Russia, China and Japan, not the other way around.

nah why are american sjw niggas so obsessed with being american? Resetera cunts have even reached the point of being jingoists/ultimate patriotic americans.

dont bother being a crybaby here. just get woke as a cosmopolitan.

Tbf it's a pretty good chunk of it.

>You’ve spouting the same shit in multiple threads for months.
oh so you're such a newfag that you think you can identify people on Cred Forums? you're a joke. China comes up in every Cred Forums thread on Cred Forums because it's a make or break market for many movies.

They had Yao and then Kobe did really well over there. The Kobe thing is even more bizarre because he's literally named after japanese beef.

It was never about Korea it was about China. But hey it'll probably do alright there. The chinks are far too busy hating the nips to hate the nigs

>nah why are american sjw niggas so obsessed with being american?
McCarthyism.

China is into popular "big ball" sports (originally) because they're good propaganda. And yes, that includes basketball.
>mfw Yao Ming's life story of being an eugenism baby, hormone growth, and playing a sport he hates since he was an infant under threat
>he just wanted to be an archeologist

> it's a make or break market for many movies

Nah it’s you because you say this every time. Suicide Squad and Star Wars did just fine without China.

How the fuck did that shit heap suicide squad win an award?

>The Kobe thing is even more bizarre because he's literally named after japanese beef.
This is so nouveau riche it never fails to crack me up.

I don't know what any of this meant, in all honesty.

sure I'll admit to misspeaking about the "early" the rest of the point is still completely true though but I'm sure since you "poked a hole" in my post you can continue believing the olympics and the tourism it generates had no effect on ticket sales.

At the end of the day, how does it really effect either of us?

>it's you
user if I do talk about Cred Forums stuff it's usually on Cred Forums because I prefer these completely non-Cred Forums discussions take place there. We aren't even discussing the character.

beyond that, just stop. You aren't fooling anybody but yourself if you think it's only one person saying that and you aren't adding anything to the already garbage discussion ITT.

I frankly don't believe this post anything but a bump. that's been discussed ad nauseam on Cred Forums and even ITT.

>sure I'll admit to misspeaking about the "early" the rest of the point is still completely true though but I'm sure since you "poked a hole" in my post you can continue believing the olympics and the tourism it generates had no effect on ticket sales.
I never claimed that, but you're retarded if you think the recipe to box office success is to release a movie at the same time as the olympics. If it was that easy that would be a common strategy and february wouldn't be known as a lackluster month for releases, regardless of olympics taking place of not.
At best it displaces the views that would happen all around the world in Korea, which presents little to no benefit to Marvel as studios make more money per viewer domestically.

Yes, it probably (partly) explains the Korean numbers, but as an overall strategy there's no point. On a related topic both ticket sales and general interest have been low for these Olympics.

That is the Texas sharpshooyer fallacy

this makes me wonder, what people should be allowed to watch black panther? white and asians have no business watching this film unless they go accompanied by a black king or queen, also american theaters shouldn't charge black african americans for watching this movie, it should be free for them since this movie is about real black history.

Koreans really love Black Panther, huh? twitter.com/whalien52/status/965435549740912640

sharpshooter*

>twitter.com/whalien52/status/965435549740912640
Fuck thats cute

Asians love black people. Proven fact

>netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/2000-fans-show-up-to-support-black.html?m=1

>Marvel's always a must watch
>The Black Panther actor's voice and pronunciation are so sexy
>Black people really don't age... don't they have the best skin out of all the races too? The male lead is apparently in his forties but I assumed he was late twenties, early thirties
>No race can live up to the body and tone of a black unni
>Even the director looks like a movie star ㅋㅋㅋ

>implying Cred Forums is ever right

BLACKED

>Black people really don't age

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

America has weebs, korea has blackaboos?

he's ugly

> Black people really don't age... don't they have the best skin out of all the races too

as long as you don't smoke crack sure. most of my family actually has nice skin except for the crack smoking fuckers

NOOOOO!!1 THE ASIANS ARE THE MOST RACIST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET!! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO FURTHER OUR AGENDA!!!

I'd act surprised that you've never heard "black don't crack" but this is Cred Forums.

Hmmmm

black people saying they dont age doesnt make it true tyrone

>black don't crack

Total bullshit. Everyone cracks... except the Japanese.

They have asian aging.
They're 12 until they're 50, at which point they turn into wizened old raisins.

Says the breed of retard that invented "alternative facts". Oh but no you're super right. There's only ever a grain of truth in negative stereotypes about blacks. So sayeth the gospel according to Jethro.

>Cred Forums doing anything other than shit posting on social media.

nice meme.

what the fuck are you on about
stop reading childrens book for 5 seconds

Jav's are getting "BLACKED™". Give it a few more years and those opinions will sway.

This

What recent marvel movie isnt atleast part comedy, i mean it

You know that Koreans are the Blacks of Asia, don't you?

That's why they used to shoot and kill each other in South Central and K-Town in L.A. back in the 90s before deciding it was better to fuck each other and have blasian children.

I believe you refer to this handy chart!

>Age 120
CUTE

Why does their hair become curly?

The Olympics are once every four (two combining winter and summer but that would be regular movie season so for this discussion about February 4 years). I fail to see how that would be common. Also most movies aren't massive world wide releases where mere percentage points are millions.

Is it really that hard to understand that a country with over a million extra people in it, almost all from further west than SK, would produce a bigger box office than previous releases? Do you really think this is a repeatable trend? At the end of the day it doesn't effect me if it is.

Can’t speak for other asians, but I have grandmas who had normally straight hair until they got perms for some reason.

it's not hair, it's pubic hair taking over the whole body

that fact the mainstream media can be manipulated by them speaks volumes about mainstream news.It's a sad day when Cred Forums is more wise then people on TV.

China is the market the studios care about because it's were the growth and potentiial is. They know everyone is getting sick of their shit. They need new blood.

Damn, those gooks love that BBC

>Online dating stats
>From an American site

Wow Cred Forums you really made me think

Black people are cool. South Koreans like what's cool. What's so hard about that?

When I was stationed in SK, the black dudes were a hit with the locals. Motherfuckers ran trains on the ladies.

I say a good of Korea’s girls near any US Military base in Japan has been Blacked at least once.

Its my fetish so I didn’t care.

Because white dudes still want to cling on to their combo with asian women.

blacked or asians, or blacks fucking asians?

I see, so same reason as old white women then.

>I fail to see how it would be common
?
It's every four years, not every 80 years. Since 2000 alone there have been 5 winter Olympics, if movies overperformed you'd think some exec would notice.

As for the rest did you not read my post or did you choose to ignore the part about how it might explain higher numbers in Korea (and why that's a stupid strategy if it is one)?

>effect
Affect. It's the second time you make that mistake.

*in Korea
*a good portion of Korean girls

I meant Korea, not Japan. I spent some time in Japan though.

>You'd think some execs would notice.
That's been my assertion this entire time. That Disney smartly noticed and capitalized.

Thank you for the grammar correction. That doesn't make me wrong however.

Nothing I said is really that controversial or disagreeable. I said the movie did well. I'm simply attributing it to smart business rather than "look asians love African Americans now." Seems to me I'm being pretty objective and fair as oppose to you who's so against that you're making grammatical corrections as if you really fucking care if I use them going forward.

All of them.

>it's the second time you make that mistake
Get a load of this autist lol

And the sky is blue. What else can you expect from a containment board? Even fucking Cred Forums is 5 years older than those tryhard babies.

What is it with black dudes and trains. Some chiefs daughter was slutting it up in my barracks and all the black dudes where in on it. I was invited but declined.

Read that again. It's topping the INTERNATIONAL box office, which is to say it's doing best in South Korea, where it was released last Wednesday, which means it's had more time to be seen there. But according to Box Office Mojo, the foreign gross is currently well below the domestic. Saying South Korea is topping the international box office isn't saying a whole lot.

Also according to Box Office Mojo, it's most popular in Australia.

And I'm saying it's not smart business because it's actively LOSING them money to have people watch it in Korea rather than the US. And for what purpose? So that someone on Cred Forums may shitpost about it?
Your entire argument is based on taking correlation for causation. I didn't say Koreans suddenly love black people either.

And yes, I'd prefer if people wrote in a grammatically correct manner, but you do you.

It's to hide the balding, right?

this movie really redpilled me on black women
they really aren't good looking creatures

Shit’s weird, I don’t understand it either.

Funny you'd prefer good grammar yet you skipped the post calling out your poor grammar. D isn't next to K on the keyboard you chucklefuck so stop acting superior.

Beyond that why are you so fired up on my posts? You don't even disagree with me your just bouncing around from point to point talking shit.

It ain't no fun if your homies can't have none.

It was released on the 14th in Korea, same as most of the world. It's also beating several MCU and February releases internationally, it has beat the entire run of GotG in Korea already.

Watch empire of dust. It's. It hate but it sure isn't friendly

I'm sorry, where was that post about my grammar? I missed it and I don't know what you're on.

Yes, I do disagree with you that it was a conscious, smart business decision to have BP debut correlating with the Olympics. I don't know how you could think we suddenly agree when I just explained to you how we don't.
Not sure what makes you think I'm any more fired up than you are.

Koreans are the SJWs of Asia. This isn't a surprise. It's China where it will fail and that's the only market that matters internationally.

What the fuck did I just read

apparently there's this web community called megalian that houses rad fems, they managed to pull a zoe quinn and even get members on a political party's leadership literally tanking the party's popularity

wew

Because the makeup was better than Star treks.

Yeah, but not all wish fulfillment fantasies are about cultural insecurity on a massive scale

Nobody said that. They said fail in China.
They are still wrong though. It's gonna sell great there (unfortunately)

I’m starting to think these posts are bots at this point.

>using dating site results as indisputable facts
The delusion

I love how Cred Forums gave up on this movie flopping in white countries and have resorted to relying on communists to validate their racism.

I guess Communism is more powerful than Nazism.

I stand by my 700m world wide gross prediction

Nah, it's just insecure white men who cling to the idea that asians drool over their dicks.

I saw a number of fanart from South Koreans too.

People said China not Asia, which is a huge cultural and economic difference.

That said it looks like Black Panther has been super successful enough that even if it doesn't blow up in China it would still get back a decent profit.

>not japan

Damn that actually looks nice do you have a link to more of those pictures?

Here’s the source of that pic
>twitter.com/udonudonudong/status/964900039943380998

Pic related is also South Korean art
>twitter.com/benniebennielee/status/965630377132900353

>twitter.com/leeltair/status/965108760644472832

Not all cultural-identities have experienced such persistent and lasting persecution and discrimination as African-Americans