Why is this show so popular?

This poor man's harry potter with OC do not steal level colorful anime girls doing budget fights in skirts while making fag shippings belongs to Cred Forums, right?

So, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-obj-human-female-woman/493331
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hot girls and recycling formulas kids enjoy.

Hot chicks and fights, plus shipping drama.

they're aspies who want to be Cred Forums but they're too pleb to be one (or they get bullied on Cred Forums and either whine in their blogs or back out like pussies).
and so they cling on to being ironic weebs and analyzing shit lore of RWBY that's made by (also a) plebian who took community college creative writing.

or it's a vain attempt to say "s-see americans can make animu too!!!" when there's better examples of animations made by americans out there. And at the same breath they criticize Japanese shows that have better animations.

rwby is a prime example of shit shows creating shit fans.

It came out during the internet-age rise of anime popularity when anime conventions were the hot new shit and everyone wanted to have their own anime show. Granted if it came out today it wouldn't be that popular.

Monty dedicated his last years to this shit instead of Dead Fantasy.

it has guns and waifus

nevermind the hackneyed plot, wholly unnatural dialogue and amateurish animation

Also to add: they (bought from turbo squid) a 5 dollaroos MMD model (which wasn't even created by the same guy)
so they're models seem to "look good" despite shitty textures and shading

turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-obj-human-female-woman/493331

he probably bought the other assets that were "stolen" too
RT should of polished their animations or story imo before lunging into impluse to make their dream animu

We all fap to Weiss, that's the main reason

thx for answers!

You sound like that one sperg who would spam every RWBY thread with the screenshots of the models acting like RT has been the only company ever to use models not made in-house.

Because it has best girl.

"REEEE I dont like it so everything connected to it is garbage"

>Had*

But everything connected to RWBY is garbage, what are you on about?

I'm not that guy
I just posted this because I remembered /3/ had a thread shitting on rwby for using mmd or something and I wanted to clear that up.
everyone praises rwby too much and annoys me I dunno (might just be a few loud people praising it)
I guess I'm contrarian or some other new hip buzzword.

still never seen any credible evidence on this beside Cred Forums-jpg-tier images posted to threads about it with no citation or sources

It came out in year in which female protags were a rarity and still kinda are. The music and fights easily drew in fans.It had a built in audience in the rooster teeth brand.

you sound asshurt as fuck

people praises rwby so its bad

Motherfucker the motto of the RWBY general threads is "love rwby or hate it, just dont tell us its good" The fans shit on the show almost more than the people who hate it.

>The fans

You misspelled "Blake".

Are you implying that RWBY doesnt have a fanbase?

I just knew Boco would like shitty kitty.

Only a small minority (mostly us) shit on the show, most people think that it's actually good

Hey, she's hot man. Don't care about her character.

>thinking anime is a real artform

Unfortunately this. Most of them go into a rage if you happen to mention Soul Eater in their presence.

>no standards

but it is

"I dont like this thing, so anyone who does is wrong"

My other fandoms are dead so I'm stuck with RWBY.

I mean Ive followed the show since the beginning and most of the community rags on every little fuck up possible....

Because it has cute Shota bait.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd fuck Yang too.

Different people get triggered by different things, tumblr complains about Blake not being a demisexual kitty, we complain about the show being garbo, and shippers complain about Ruby not fucking her scythe in episode 69

Exactly, all the fans complain, and Its constantly criticized by the people who enjoy it.

But the complains are mostly because of a loud minority, there's a really big part of the fanbase that actually has terrible taste and enjoys it unironically

>all the fans complain
Yes.
>Its constantly criticized by the people who enjoy it.
No.

A square is a rectangle but not all rectangles are squares. The fans generally complain about stupid bullshit but rarely actually criticize the show. All viewers whine, but most don't have constructive feedback.

>fucking the blonde bimbo
>not committing your life to our goddess
Truly degenerate

Hell, i never hear people complain about it and Im pretty active in the tumblr communities. Maybe its mostly on reddit and youtube

And there is nothing wrong with that, being contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian is autistic, just let people have fun.

>Taking Tumblrites seriously
well no wonder you think that, the only thing they hate is jaune.

The fuck is that thing?

rooster teeth is garbage
just because you're blinded by being a fanboy doesn't mean i am

I'm okay with people enjoying whatever they want and expressing it, just don't say that the show is an animated masterpiece and that it's better than 99% of the content produced by everyone else when it clearly isn't

RT is garbage, doesnt mean I cant enjoy something.

>"just because youre blinded by being a fanboy doesnt mean i am"
Heres your "(you)"

Boco, Have you not watched past Volume 3?

I haven't watched past episode 1, thank you very much.

Youre missing out on some prime waifu material, man.

Naw they love jaune. Think hes a woobie.

I bought the first two seasons on blu ray to support the show and roosterteeth but i think the show is shit and boring. The waifus are okay

I remember back in V1-2 Tumblr hated Jaune with the fury of a thousand suns for being a male semi-protag in their wonderful magical lesbian wonderland.

not all anime is generic moe blobs
here is your (you) like this user said but you sound like a rabid RT fanboy though
I'm sorry that you had to contradict yourself

how so?
explain

Nah, not a fanboy, RT has pulled a lot of stupid shit, and Miles and Kerry still cant write to save their lives, that doesnt mean I cant enjoy RWBY, despite its numerous issues.

I probably phrased it bad though, but whatever.

They immediately shipped him with dead bae after they met

It's strange but I enjoyed the writing on Camp Camp and Red Vs. Blue much more than RWBY. The dialogue feels more believable in aforementioned ones

Because Miles is a comedy writer, Camp Camp is a comedy, and doesnt require the same level of attention that a project like RWBY needs, same with RvB, which is why a lot of folks have issues with it when they started going into action-centric.

>Meta did nothing wrong

I fell that the action scenes in RVB have gotten a lot better in recent years. The CGI doesn't fell so out of place as it was when the tex fight first came out

Guy that doesn't watch RWBY here

What happened to the art for this show? I remember the first designs had a pretty good artist for the promos. Did they replace her?

Not entirely sure who you’re thinking of, I think I remember an artist did get replaced but she only did concept work for environments

Ein Lee is the current artist for the character designs and story board stuff.

>The fans shit on the show almost more than the people who hate it.
This is not true. However I remember the days when people in RWBY threads actually did shit on the show. But the place has changed after it started to get off-season threads in /trash/

>people watch show for cute girls
>make them all considerably less cute
I'm fucking glad Neo's dead.

RWBY isn't a good show but it is enjoyable. That is my guess.

THIS, A MILLION TIMES

It's Guilty Pleasure: The Show

It's trashy animu waifu-bait, but you can't help but feel unironically endeared by how earnest they are in trying.

Obviously it is.

No anime has generic moeblobs in it, because those aren't a real thing.

A waifu is a chacter you are married to, and how is it that the creators are simultaneously baiting and being earnest? These are mutually exclusive.

>These are mutually exclusive.
No they're not. You can have waifu-bait characters and still be earnest about writing the story/characters.

Also how new are you? Waifu-bait doesn't literally mean that the creators are purposely baiting you.

Baiting by its nature is a lack of earnestness.

>Also how new are you?
Clearly not as new as you.

>Waifu-bait doesn't literally mean that the creators are purposely baiting you.
That's exactly what it means, hence "bait."

Waifu-bait infers that the characters are easy bait for waifufagging. Holy fuck you can't be this new.

>Baiting by its nature is a lack of earnestness.
The fact that you're even taking this as literally as you are shows how fucking new you are. Hell the fact that you're even doing this with regards to RWBY of all things shows exactly how new you are.

Waifubait means that the creators are cynically baiting viewers, or at least it would if it were possible to create waifu characters, which it isn't.

>The fact that you're even taking this as literally as you are shows how fucking new you are.
I'm taking it as literally as it needs to be taken, and you just keep droning on and on about how new I supposedly am because you have no arguments.

>how is it that the creators are simultaneously baiting and being earnest?
Except the writers aren't the same as the original creator. Monty created the main characters, and for all we know he could've just made them into waifu-tier cardboard cutouts. Doesn't stop Miles and Kerry from actually trying to make some sort of semblance of a story out of them in earnest, no matter how shitty it ends up being.

Also just because you made characters that can easily bait fans, doesn't mean you can't write said characters in earnest with regards to the story.

"Waifu" does not mean "cardboard cutout." It means a character you are married to. That's it.

>Also just because you made characters that can easily bait fans, doesn't mean you can't write said characters in earnest with regards to the story.
If you are baiting, you are not being earnest.

>Waifubait means that the creators are cynically baiting viewers, or at least it would if it were possible to create waifu characters, which it isn't.
Holy shit this is golden. You can't actually be this new to cartoons and anime in general.

>I'm taking it as literally as it needs to be taken
Yeah, you don't even deserve an argument when your newfag is showing this hard. Lurk moar and come back in two years.

You have no arguments. You have no idea what you are talking about.

>You have no idea what you are talking about.
Oh the irony!

How does constantly claiming I'm new prove that you know what you're talking about?

I don't have to prove anything. Your lack of awareness and inability to recognize the nonsense you're spouting is indicative of how hard you're trying to fit in. It's pathetic, and it really shows how completely new you are especially when you're making the same points/arguments that only newfags would unironically take on board.

I don't even hate RWBY, but when people say that RWBY is practically babby's first anime, I never thought it would be this bad but hey you sure showed me.

You sound like some SJW having a meltdown.
>Ugh, I can't even... I just... ugh!

>SJW
you really are newnot that user

You still have no arguments by the way. Maybe you should lurk more, newfag.

>unironically cries muh SJW
Sorry but just because someone shits on you it doesn't mean they're suddenly an SJW. If you really want to fit in you should watch more anime instead of just sticking with "anime" like RWBY.

>Ugh, I can't even... I just... ugh!
You managed to perfectly articulate your own demeanor in every single post you've made in response, bravo.

You really think I have to samefag just for you? Please. Also good job because your newfag is showing even more.

Bumblebee is cannon

>unironically cries muh SJW
Because you sound like one.

>If you really want to fit in you should watch more anime instead of just sticking with "anime" like RWBY.
I've been here longer than you, I've forgotten more anime than you've watched, and I've not even seen RWBY.

>You managed to perfectly articulate your own demeanor in every single post you've made in response, bravo.
I was articulating your demeanor.

>You really think I have to samefag just for you?
Yes.

You still have no arguments by the way. You are a clueless newfag and have no idea what you're saying, so you're just deflecting as hard as possible.

>I've forgotten more anime than you've watched
So you're telling me that you're actually an old far who's new to Cred Forums? Good lord, it's pathetic how hard you're trying to fit in. Just as before, lurk moar newfag and maybe you'll finally recognize how stupid you sound.

I'm not new, unlike you. Lurk more and stop trying so hard to fit in. You still have no arguments by the way.

Wow, absolutely nothing huh? Now you're just repeating what I said but hey, I guess you're still learning so have to get it from someone.
>I-I'm n-not new, u-unlike (You)...
FTFY

I dunno. I remember seeing the original trailers and thinking it'd be some sweet Final Fantasy-esque bullshit, but was severly disappointed with what we got. Soundtrack is my guilty pleasure, though.

>Wow, absolutely nothing huh?
No, that's you. You have no arguments so instead you just keep obsessively projecting your newness onto me.

Get this hothead out

I've made my arguments and you just responded like abrick wall without an ounce of self-awareness in the nonsense you've been spouting. I didn't even try and you just happened to expose yourself as a newfag based on your demeanor alone. And it's funny how you mention obsession, when it's you who keep insisting on your wildly misinformed understanding of how anime are usually discussed here on this site.

I mean let's double-back on the nonsense you were spouting
>waifu-bait characters can't be written in earnest!
>waifus can't even be written PERIOD
>I-I don't even watch RWBY
>defends RWBY anyway
>but I watched more animes than (YOU)
>parrots "newfag" and "lurk moar" only after someone says it to him non-stop
>MUH SJW
You couldn't be more new than what you've already exhibited but hey I wouldn't put it past you.

>I've made my arguments
"YOU'RE NEW YOU'RE NEW YOU'RE NEW YOU'RE NEW" is not an argument.

>I didn't even try and you just happened to expose yourself as a newfag based on your demeanor alone.
You haven't backed this up with anything, and your utterly desperate, obsessive efforts to paint me as a newfag just prove that you are a newfag trying way too hard to fit in.

>And it's funny how you mention obsession, when it's you who keep insisting on your wildly misinformed understanding of how anime are usually discussed here on this site.
We haven't even been talking about that for a while now, because you insisted on changing the topic. I'm also not misunderstanding anything.

>waifu-bait characters can't be written in earnest!
Because baiting is the opposite of being earnest.

>waifus can't even be written PERIOD
They can't, because a waifu is a character you're married to. It's not a type of character.

>I-I don't even watch RWBY
Yeah, I don't. What about it?

>defends RWBY anyway
So?

>but I watched more animes than (YOU)
I have.

>parrots "newfag" and "lurk moar" only after someone says it to him non-stop
It's just that you're obviously projecting.

>MUH SJW
You sound like one.

>Because baiting is the opposite of being earnest.
>They can't, because a waifu is a character you're married to. It's not a type of character.
This right here shows how fucking new you are. The fact that you're taking my ironic stab at the show as if I'm arguing that it's literally written that way on purpose by the creators shows a complete lack of self-awareness on your part. Calling a show "waifu-bait" refers to the very nature/personality/design of the characters and how they can easily bait waifufaggotry. This doesn't always infer creative intent, it sure as hell doesn't mean that a show can't be written in earnest by the creators themselves. And yet somehow that's such an abstract concept for you to grasp, to the point that you're still arguing about an ironic throwaway descriptor just to prove your point about what "waifu" means (as if I didn't already know that). At this point, you're not just new, because your arguments are borderline autism.

>doesn't watch RWBY
>unironically defends it with complete misunderstanding of how Cred Forums shitposting works
Haha WOW

I used to be in it for the cool fight scenes, now I just watch it out of habit.

The world-building ain't bad, it's mostly the episode-to-episode writing that needs an improvement. Every volume I hope this is the one where it happens. Every volume they disappoint me.

>This right here shows how fucking new you are.
The only one new here is you.

>Calling a show "waifu-bait" refers to the very nature/personality/design of the characters and how they can easily bait waifufaggotry.
It means you are accusing the creators of baiting.

>it sure as hell doesn't mean that a show can't be written in earnest by the creators themselves
That's precisely what it means.

>(as if I didn't already know that)
You didn't.

>At this point, you're not just new, because your arguments are borderline autism.
So you're new AND autistic?

>unironically defends it with complete misunderstanding of how Cred Forums shitposting works
I didn't misunderstand anything.

Lotta loyalty for a hired gun.

>It means you are accusing the creators of baiting.
Not it doesn't and the fact that you're insisting on this shows a complete misunderstanding on your part. Seriously newfag, lurk moar, it'll help you more than you'd ever likely admit.

I won't even address the rest of your "points" (ha!) because they're literally non-arguments. Funny how the best you can come up with is constantly repeat what I said.

>Not it doesn't
It doesn't, and the fact that you're insisting on this shows a complete misunderstanding on your part.

>Seriously newfag, lurk moar
Take your own advice newfag.

>I won't even address the rest of your "points" (ha!) because they're literally non-arguments.
It's not that you won't, it's that you can't.

>Funny how the best you can come up with is constantly repeat what I said.
Funny how the best you can come up with is constantly projecting your newfaggotry onto me.

I love how you're just repeating my own words because you can't even come up with your own. Man you really have nothing left to say huh? What was that about obsession again? I'll leave you to cry on and on about this so feel free to do so. Also don't forget: lurk moar you newfag.

Ladies your both pretty.

RWBY, despite being autistic, is a million times less so than any FF game tho

>I love how you're just repeating my own words because you can't even come up with your own.
I love you how came here 24 hours ago and now want to desperately fit in by obsessively accusing a random person of being the newfag that you yourself are.

>Man you really have nothing left to say huh?
Funny coming from you.

>What was that about obsession again
Yes, you are obsessed.

Lurk more newfag.

>(You)r Post

I mean, you're not wrong, but I would've prefered something closer to FF autism than what we got.