JEFF LEMIRE ON INVISIBLES

Here’s the first pic of Jeff Lemire’s reported reboot of Grant Morrison’s Invisibles for the Vertigo relaunch. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/07/vertigo-teases-possible-sandman-death-invisibles-r.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Lemire art

DROPPED

You serious? Invisibles isn't creator owned?

Vertigo changed their rules again.

>invisible reboot
NO

There’s a reason why people jumped ship to Image

Anything Jeff Lemire makes, I'm hyped for.

pretty fitting, considering the original series

SOURCE ME ON THIS SHIT RIGHT NOW.

Fuck!

>Watchmen X Invisibles
>Coming 2019

Yasssss, how can indies compete?

No way in earth that would work.

You mean all 8 people?

didn't they also hinted on more sandman? cause both sound retarded.

Hopefully this is just part of some kind of vertigo 2tth anniversary art book or some singles issues or something.

If they reboot invisibles, I'm out. That's it, can't give dc money anymore.

Forgot link: www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/vertigo-teases-new-sandman-invisibles-at-comic-con-panel-1023532

>reported reboot of Grant Morrison’s Invisibles

You can't change the rules on contracts signed 20+ years ago, that contract is good forever. Maybe Grant is letting them continue it like Willingham did with Fables.

How do you reboot The Invisbles? That's like rebooting Watchmen you can't remake a classic.

Continue what?

welp morrison has always been into creating franchises, but they never took off, he's finally getting into tv.

so finally after all this time he gets one.

Source? Just seems like some promotional art from last year's Vertigo 25th Anniversary.

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/07/vertigo-teases-possible-sandman-death-invisibles-r.html

It is (the Invisibles comics have Copyright Grant Morrison on it), but it's also possible Morrison might be okay with it.

We also don't know what the nature of this project is, OP is the only one claiming it's a reboot.

>LemIre writing
PULLED
>Lemire art
D R O P P E D

DC is dead.

With Berger at Dark Horse a few are going there instead of Image

Lemire's art is a plebfilter, you both have garbage taste. He has excellent sensibility in making comics, but babbies like yourselves can't handle anything outside of the Jim Lee to Alex Ross spectrum of figures. Lemire's work is also almost always better when he draws it because he clearly is working from a more visual/complete storytelling perspective than when he is just scripting. Get fucked fags.

This. Lemire is an author Morrison respects and has continued a good Animal Man.

Morrison isn't even okay with Way using Flex Mentallo. This is just DC being retarded and rehashing shit.

Pleb

Still waiting on that sauce, waiter.

>Lemire is an author Morrison respects
Never has he said this.

>7/21/2017
Got me for a second

It's just from what was basically their best of vertigo sizzle reel.
I doubt he'd draw the series anyway since he's doing royal city and that peacemaker backup.

As much shit as i gave Bendis for doing so many books at once Lemire does even more. And somehow he has about a 90% good quality

You mean this is just you being gullible and believing OP.

>Lemire does even more
Not really. And he does a lot of short 14-16 issues stuff

>about a 90% good quality
Don't make me laugh

Oh please, this sounds like something DC would do right now.

Short stories and graphic novels that he does art for take far more time than ongoings.

Lemire is fucking great and rarely has a bad book

No, I mean stuff like Moon Knight or Green Arrow that he only writes for and leaves after about a year, year and a half.

So what? I'd rather have an author come in with something to say, do it and then move on. Too many writers just stay on sponning their wheels or decompressing the comic until they can think of anything else. Lemire comes in writes something great and moves on.

Sure, with stuff DC owns outright. Sandman and DKR, and Flex aren't creator-owned. Invisibles actually says it's copyrighted by Grant Morrison and not DC Comics.

I doubt Morrison would allow anyone to play with his sigil.

Its not that he's opposed Way using his characters and DC bypassed him, its just that he hates reading it because he cant help but feel really ''not muh Flex'' about it.

why would this need a reboot? series was perfect as it was

No, he and Quietly dislike the very idea of him using Flex because it was a personal work for the both of them. The fact that Way hasn't actually done anything with him is also a problem, but irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Lemire's capeshit is decompressed as fuck.

No, they dislike the idea of anyone using Flex in general but Morrison doesn't really have a problem with Way's work. He just wishes people would leave it alone, but he's not heavily opposed to it the way Alan Moore is opposed to Watchmen prequels and sequels.

Far less so than the norm in current comics

No, not at all. He's a posterboy for writing for the trade.

IS NOTHING SACRED?

Morrison in general is just nice. But he does dislike seeing such blatant lack of creativity and he outright said "Gerard is my boy but I just wish he'd leave him alone, leave him be. He's us(him and Quietly)".

Well, at least its a reboot... which leaves the original untouched.
Unlike Watchmen, where Doomsday Clock is now officially canon to the original book.

What the hell are you talking about? Hos books have far more happening in them than most books. Ewing has faster paced books but he is the exception.

>Being this gullible
>Being unable to read a thread before responding

There's a good chance that this is just a spread from the "Vertigo 25th anniversary" hardcover coming out later this year

reboots always reference older material and shit.

Grant gets Multiversity Too

Lemire gets Invisibles

DC makes money thanks to retarded neckbeards

Sure, but you can still see Morrisons Invisibles as a complete piece of work.
While Moores Watchmen is now just half of the story and Doomsday Clock is Part 2.

fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck shit fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck

>While Moores Watchmen is now just half of the story and Doomsday Clock is Part 2.
No

Read the thread first you idiot

You're a retard, it's almost the same thing.

Well, technically:
Watchmen Vol I : Before Watchmen
Watchmen Vol II : Moores Watchmen
Watchmen Vol III: Doomsday Clock

>You're

Don't make me puke user. That really fucked with me

Reminds me how DK2 doesn't exist

FPBP

Lemire's art is the most superficial, half-assed shit I've seen in comics and I dunno how he keeps getting work as an artist. The quirky style so many praise him for is just an over-rendered facade he's put up for a serious lack of fundamentals and willingness to improve or challenge himself in any way. Case in point - how many times has he drawn a cover with the character looking straight towards the viewer, with minimal background content? And everyone has the same fucking type of body and hollow eyes.

>I dunno how he keeps getting work as an artist.
And i don't have to listen to you anymore.

Lemires art draws on trama

His art is good, that's just his style.

>just his style

Always the first cop-out excuse people go to when defending his work without being able to explain further

Looks old

No point explaining further. It's not like any pleb would ever understand that realism and high level of detail are not essential characteristics of good art. Lemire's work is superb, has this deep underlying sadness, which fits perfectly to the type of books he decides to illustrate.

More like any any creator who can sell on their name

I am not mad but why?

>The fact that Way hasn't actually done anything with him is also a problem
Wasn't Flex the one who told Casey she was fictional?

There's no fake news, you fags won't fall for is there?

Are you fucking serious!? Lemire's Moon Knight is literally a 14 issue fight inside Marc's mind -- that shit should have only lasted 6 issues tops and he stretched for 14, and the big shocking thing that happened was retconned by Bemis 1 issue in.