What is the general consensus of metal in / co /? I liked it...

What is the general consensus of metal in / co /? I liked it, batman was more than anything a casual bait and is more about the dc universe of General.

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EP7GM4JTm7YJ:www.howtolovecomics.com/2017/06/26/dark-nights-metal-reading-order/&num=1&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1&vwsrc=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why are they in memepunk costumes?

I got pretty hyped by The Forge but then it turned out boring.

Like all things DC some idiots got excited for it until it actually out and was shit like the rest of us knew it would be

It's hacky.

Why not?

Wild Hunt was great, I haven't read anything else. Everything I've seen on Cred Forums makes it look like Snyder is trying too hard to be Morrison instead of his usual style of writing Batman like he's in a Korn video.

It's stupid, but the good kind of stupid

Ive liked the tie in issues but the main series is pretty meh.

I mean I'm not sure what the point of the story is save for that it's like some kind of sequel to Final Crisis, Batman R.I.P. and The Return Of Bruce Wayne, all of which I thought sucked. Actually, now that I think of it in those terms, it's Snyder playing in Grant Morrison's sandbox. But it's that sandbox where Morrison indulges his love for terrible, campy Silver Age DC.

Uh...okay, so I think it's bad.

I liked it at first but now its just dragging.

I like it. It's pretty goofy, but I dig it. And the concept of the Dark Multiverse is a great addition to the DC universe. An infinite multiverse of "What If?" stories where shit goes wrong is ripe with potential for future out-of-continuity stories.

>Terrible campy silver age DC
We found the anti-trunks faggot who loves Scott snyder's new 52 work.

People only like it for the Batman Who Laugh's first apperance.

but the New 52 was awesome

Meh, it was ok.

Some tie ins were absolutely great.

>but the good kind of stupid
Ehhh...

I wanted it to tie to Dr. Manhattan and Rebirth somehow. But at this point I don't think it will.

It's been OK, some issues better than others. But as a whole, it seems pretty inconsequential. Fun little event that seemed to have higher stakes than it actually does for the DCU.

it's utter shit, like everything Scott Snyder writes

Well, the inoffensive kind of stupid

So far I have had fun with it, some of the stuff is hit and miss but it does a pretty decent job of building hype even if some of the moments fall flat like the world forge
it seems to know how to jerk off those just specific parts that I want without going over the edge and making pure fanservice
over all I'd give it a 7/10, fun read, would recommend, but not for everyone and not a masterpiece
that could change tho depending on how they end it
I am also excited to see the dark multiverse stuff play up more in comics but who knows what'll happen in sideways crashes and burns

I didn't think you'd disagree. If you dislike the silver age of course you would like N52. I think it's funny that metal wasn't silver age enough for me (considering Rebirth was supposed to be comfy) and here you are saying it's too silly.

I find the "it' dumb but good dumb" shit particularly angering because "good dumb" is silver age not baby darkseid with devil horns because "LOL xD"

Witchs Is good

Some of it was, but N52 superman was shit. Not that I'm exactly excited for bendis taking over either, trunks or no trunks.

His batman and All star batman are great. He knows how to hold a narrative. His writing is a bit hefty at times but it doesn't swallow you whole like JMS does

I really enjoyed Morrison's new 52 superman. I'm reading perez's superman right now and its such a godamn slog. Neat ideas but horrible and boring execution

Some people pay actual money for this....

I thought it's going to be stupid fun, but it turned out to be dumb shit. It's a incoherent patchwork of some ideas that sounded cool in Snyder's head, comic version of DABID GET THE CRAYONS.

>Scott Snyder's Batman great

did this cover artist never learn that humans have more than bones under their skin?
skeletons with tits

Pretend like there wasn't that whole 35 year period between Silver Age and New 52.

Dude, just admit it, DC's Silver Age was trash. It was shit written for 6 year olds and retards and is only appreciated by comics historians and hipster faggots.

JMS is better most of the time. Don't listen to Spiderfags

Dumb but fun.

Which is all an Event comic can aspire to be.

DC silver age was trash. It was with Bronze age that they became great

Thats just my own experience. I have the first two ultimate collections of his spiderman run. The writing is constantly a wall of text broken by some competent storytelling

>I just like comics
>I never understood why people crap themselves over which age is best.
>older comics look gay to read

Tell me, seriously, are you anti-trunksfags.

I know people like to act like this is deranged by I've been making the point for years that the only people who dislike superman as he's supposed to be are cynical faggots like you.

If you don't like the silver age, if you don't like superman's trunks, why are you reading capeshit? Why not go read one of the thousands of infinitely better told stories on the market? Why must you shit up a niche that you don't appreciate?

People like superman user. He's a fun character to play with. The trunks look really gay but I don't mind. I'm still going to be reading superman

I don't read superheroes for silver age. I read them cause Bronze gave nuance to the characters

Are those all her bitches?

BatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatmanBatman

Any questions? That's all the event is.

>hating on Benitez
Go away. Cartooning doesn't have to be accurate and he draws sexy well

You dodged the trunks point.

>I'm still going to be reading superman
for free, I'm sure.

>You dodged the trunks point.
Only autists care about that

>buying Bendis

TPB

why doesn't alpha bitch wonda have them all on leashes?

>implying I'm wrong

It's fun, a lot better than I was expecting with Snyder and Batwank.

The only thing I liked so far was Wild Hunt, mainly because Detective Chimp, Mad Scientist Island from 52 and the fact that they were actually able to take one of the Evil Batmen our. The Justice League crossover irritated me mainly because Hal finally had the upper hand and was beat off screen out of nowhere, didn’t read Gotham underground, the main book has been so stupid with many Morrison type moments that just fall flat here, the Evil Batman one shots were okay but Idk just not feeling them.

yuck even worse.

a man of taste I see. Good stuff friendo, I'm dropping both with the farewell issues. Loved Gleason's art but it's not worth supporting cancer.

>Only superman fans care what superman wears
ftfy

I always felt like Snyder wants to be Morrison, but edgier and not as... drug induced?

Look at all of Snyder's stories, they're basically redos of Morrison work, only edgier. Morrison has the Black Glove, Snyder has the court of Owls.

>buying Tomasi
>buying JURGENS
user you're really building on foundations of sand here

Wait i'm confused. Why is The Carrier in this?

To be fair I've been more buying Tomasi and Gleason which has been an enjoyable pairing since B&R.

I actually dropped AC before the last doomsday fight issue way back when rebirth started because that took 4 issues too many. I picked it back up with Oz Effect and plan on going until bendis is on it.

because Metal is built on 10% edgy Batmen, 90% "remember this thing from a better comic?"

Tomasi Superman Is good you faggot

I disagree

I keep wanting to read this and whatever The Batman Who Laughs is from but can't figure out where it starts and ends. Is it now an ongoing? THAT'S issue #!??

An entertaining gauntlet of nonsense and spectacle that will undoubtedly end as disappointingly as an underdeveloped burp.

But Is trueh

I think its built on Issue 1's user. You should find the reading order and go from there. Personally I only started buying floppies last month. This event pulled me from tpb

Not him but there has been a small but faithful group of legitimate superman fans who simply don't like small town superman.

While I normally tell them to fuck off and read action comics Bendis is taking over both. And has specifically said, retardedly, that AC will be the character book and Superman will be the action book.

Jurgens is trash though.

Sincerely, user, even if you're a Scooter Snides fan, if you're too new to know how to read a relatively simple event you likely won't get much out of this one. it's very heavy on not just previous snyder works but DC in gerneral. I may not like it, or snyder's work in general, but he is sometimes too lore-dense for his particular fan base. You may still like it but you won't necessarily see all the things that are happening like you would if you had a dearth of back-issue knowledge or at least a working knowledge of the multiverse.

I think his biggest "problem" is the bi-weekly shipping forcing decompression. Each of his storylines could have been 2-3 issues shorter.

Oh well that's Is trueh

Stupid and fun, stupid fun.

dreaded starfire got my dick like UNNNGGHH!

who's the guy in bandages?

who knows? nobody actually reads this shit

Most likely Nix Uotan.

Lady Mechanika has been doing well lately I assume.

By far, the best, most enjoyable thing about the Metal event is hearing Kevin Conroy in my head with all of those different evil versions of Batman. They should do an audiobook version.

I genuinely preferred Court of Owls to Black Glove but everything else is pretty derivative. Honestly even Morrison’s wasn’t so revolutionary for its time

>Kevin Conroy struggling to make his voice sound like the bloated corpse of a female drowning victim, and also a pirate

This.

I don't often read DC. Nothing since Nu52. I've been reading comics on Marvel/Vertigo/Dark Horse for over 15 years. You don't need be all snotty about how I can't handle an event. I asked for the reading order to get into it.

Without being snotty about the reading order the other point still stands.

the reading order is here: webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EP7GM4JTm7YJ:www.howtolovecomics.com/2017/06/26/dark-nights-metal-reading-order/&num=1&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1&vwsrc=0