Is DC trying to catch us with Marvel by going completely off the rails...

Is DC trying to catch us with Marvel by going completely off the rails? What’s worse is these books are being targeted to children.

Other urls found in this thread:

timesofisrael.com/dc-comics-newest-writer-is-poised-to-make-superman-jewish-again/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7uLxu0XAc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Áo_dài
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulnerable_area
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkisch_equality
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it DC or is it Journalists?

Bleeding Cool is certainly cancer but these articles seem to be showing exactly what these DC writers were presenting

This is the YA line, what's the complaint here?

Because marvel is massively successful and DC probably won't make it past June

Why do liberals think a culture of violent homophobic bigots deserve to be defended?

Because they see them as "those poor brown people"

Well what do you think user?
timesofisrael.com/dc-comics-newest-writer-is-poised-to-make-superman-jewish-again/

Hey Ladderbro, working hard raging against DC?

And the problem with this is?

All of these are generally out of continuity and maybe like half of the upcoming YA line.

>DC political stuff is largely outside the main line of comics
>when it comes up it tends to be great anyway (Deathstroke, Flintstones)
No, you are dumb.

And so is BC, for the record.

Is it too much to ask to have fun comics about superheroics for kids that don't involve political indoctrination?

Is that Guruhiru art for Superman Smashes the Clan?
It also looks similar to Brittney Williams' designs.

That last one is a true story though... They used the superman radio show to demoralize and break up the KKK. It's a pretty famous story.

Is it too much to ask dumb drive-by board tourists like you to know what the projects are before complaining?

I get the pushback to overt political stuff, but I also think when you're at the point where you consider "the KKK are bad guys" an act of political indoctrination you may have gone a bit further in the other direction than you needed to

And the guy writing it puts out one of DC's best books.

These threads are always people who don't read comics screeching at each other.

>puts out one of DC's best books.
Not much of a praise.

The KKK one is the only one that isn't overtly far left. No one likes the KKK and it actually fits with the type of actual social justice (NOT what is considered modern social justice) that superman doled out in the golden age.

Keep crying, ladderbro,

Not to mention it's inspired by fairly well-known IRL events.

And there's nothing inherently wrong with overtly political stories in comics.
That approach was a big part of the best X-Men comics in the 80's.

It's just modern hack writers training people to see politics and opinions as inherently bad writing.

Its something to actually believe in for sure. Imagine a comic where wonder woman was fighting for the safe spaces of college students

I don't see how these things aren't normal for comics? Harley's been a hot mess for a few years. Somehow fighting the Klan is bad?

Or how "deflating man parts" Isn't a joke that people don't make around here.

>The KKK one is the only one that isn't overtly far left.
A sound effect for a ruined boner doesn't seem that "overtly far left" in it's own right.

I agree. Let's have an occasional politically conservative viewpoint presented for the sake of diversity of thought. You know, the kind of diversity that isn't based on immutable physical characteristics.

>Or how "deflating man parts" Isn't a joke that people don't make around here.

It's funny because that article was talking about this:

>She says she learned fast, thanks to her editor Bobbie Chase, learning not to have people sitting around talking to each other for a very long time.

>“Gail blinks manically,” however, wasn’t allowed. Nor was giving sound effects to the bullies that Catwoman, Selina Kyle, was fighting, indicating they had lost their erections.

> “Selina takes down the bullies in her school and she’s gesturing at their man parts. I write in that their man parts deflate and even gave sound effects — Swish swish loop loop — and she’s like, yeah, I don’t know how they are going to draw that, so she made me take that part out.”

>their man parts
Selina and Cock.

How the fuck is a sound effect of a deflating boner far left?

>Swish swish loop loop
What? When I think about deflated boner, I think a slide whistle, not whatever swish swish loop loop is.

>actual social justice

Fuck right off, you uneducated goose penis. "Social justice" is a term coined on Tumblr years ago to insult far left slacktivists who screamed at people for not being woke enough. There is no such thing as "real social justice". The only person to ever even say "social justice" before Tumblr was- I'm not making this up- Adolf Hitler.

Okay, so let's make a minor terminology tweak for the sake of your conniption fit. Superman fought social injustices. I hope you didn't spill too many cheerios on your keyboard.

Your describing America...

He's baiting, you idiot

>Harley
>drag queen
Do those fuckers not understand what a drag queen is? This will be a fucking trainwreck.

>Mariko Tamaki
>Harley Quinn
What a horrible waste of Pugh

>Superman beats up Trump supporters
>Gene Luen Yang

I'm sold

Posting the info of each book as presented by their own writers

Batman: Nightwalker

> Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A reckless boy willing to break the rules for a girl who may be his worst enemy.

>The Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City, and Bruce Wayne is next on their list.
>The city’s elites are being taken out one by one as their mansions’ security systems turn against them, trapping them like prey. Meanwhile, Bruce is about to become eighteen and inherit his family’s fortune, not to mention the keys to Wayne Industries and all the tech gadgetry that he loves. But on the way home from his birthday party, he makes an impulsive choice and is sentenced to community service at Arkham Asylum, the infamous prison that holds the city’s most nefarious criminals.

>Madeleine Wallace is a brilliant killer . . . and Bruce’s only hope.
>The most intriguing inmate in Arkham is Madeleine, a brilliant girl with ties to the Nightwalkers. A girl who will only speak to Bruce. She is the mystery he must unravel, but is he convincing her to divulge her secrets, or is he feeding her the information she needs to bring Gotham City to its knees?

>In this second DC Icons book–following Leigh Bardugo’s Wonder Woman: Warbringer–Bruce Wayne is proof that you don’t need superpowers to be a super hero, but can he survive this game of tense intrigue, pulse-pounding action, and masterful deception?

Gotham High

> Bruce Wayne high school graphic novel with a 17-year-old part-Chinese Bruce Wayne and DC villains as high school teenagers.

>She describes her Bruce Wayne as “a bit of a Great Gatsby figure,” throwing parties at Wayne Manor that he doesn’t like to engage in. And she populates his world with future villains of Gotham, including future Joker, Jack Smith, Bruce Wayne’s best friend — until they both meet a latina Selina Kyle.

No this point is made by casuals who read WaPo or shills on here who want to act like a radio show is "reading comics".

This is THE ONLY REASON THEY GREENLIT THIS because when the narrative came out that "superman broke up the clan" happened last year most people, regardless of political leaning, said "uhh nahh sweetie that aint true. That was a radio show."

Fuck both of you. Please stop shilling here and focus on Reddit. I'm fucking sick of you fucking faggots.

Teen Titans: Raven

>She will explore the Teen Titans lives before they realise they have powers, as a series of coming-of-age graphic novels, each featuring a different Teen Titan, and eventually the stories will interweave into a Teen Titans team story.

Mera

>She says her first pitch was rewriting Aquaman as The Little Mermaid. He saw a girl on land, he would fall in love, it would be so great; but then DC told her Aquaman grew up on land, so she flipped it for Mera. However, this gives them more of a love/hate relationship as Mera aims to kill Aquaman.

That sounds pretty neat. A bit strange but its outside continuity so its pretty inoffensive. I doubt anyone will buy it however

Huh
This actually doesn't sound bad

>17-year-old part-Chinese Bruce Wayne
>future Joker, Jack Smith, Bruce Wayne’s best friend
>until they both meet a latina Selina Kyle.
wait nigga what

Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass

>It’s a book about justice for teenagers, about thinking about right and wrong and trying to figure about right or wrong. It’s a book about activism. I do have the word intersectionality in there; I’m feeling really good about that. I’m sure I’ll get some tweets about that, also the word ‘systematic’, I’m hoping we get to keep it in there.

>“It is also heavily a book about drag queens.”

These sound like fun little romps, are they ya novels or actual comics?

Superman Smashes The Klan

>Because that is why the comic is set in 1946: it tells the story of an American Chinese girl who moves to Metropolis to find herself and her family’s ethnicity targeted by the Ku Klux Klan. Through her experience with Superman and the radio serial, she learns to overcome some of the trials and understand what it means to be American.

It’s because there getting a bunch of liberal YA writers for their new book line because apparently liberals are the only group of people who make entertainment nowadays, also that’s bleeding cool so take anything they write with a hint of salt

Green Lantern: Legacy

> Tai discovers that his grandmother was a secret Green Lantern, and he inherits her jade ring. Tai then goes on to uncover his grandmother’s life’s secrets as well as grapple with the new powers he has.

>Lê he has drawn on his own life in an immigrant family and his own grandmother and her life story, and it has become a very personal story to him, and that he was also given a jade ring by his Vietnamese grandmother, and wore it while writing this comic — and on stage for the announcement.

These are Graphic Novels, part of the DC Ink imprint that DC is released focused on Young Adult readers

Why does Mariko Tamaki keep getting work? She's objectively sales poison.

>boo hoo DC is doing things

>Upset casual accuses other people of being casuals

What did he mean by this?

>people don't remember the radio show "the adventures of superman" where superman fights the KKK
>back in 1946

Now Posting The DC Zoom imprint that's focused more on the kids side

Batman Once Upon A Crime

>Nguyen mentioned that he told his editor Hank Kanalz that he was going to draw this comic anyway, whether DC Comics published or not.

>Derek took us through the stories in Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime, to be published in July 2019.

>With a Damian Wayne sick at home not able to join his father, reading and envisioning himself as Pinocchio — but not just as one who wants to be a Boy Wonder, but to be his own father.

>Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn retell the Princess And The Pea in amongst the other prisoners of Arkham Asylum

>Alfred in Wonderland with the Batfamily as prisoners of the Mad Hatter and Alfred must save them.

>And a Batman in the Snow story, guided by a spirit in a Snow Queen story,

What is this trash?

I'm guessing they want the book to be "lol quirky!!1" (the 1 in place of an exclamation mark is intentional.) From what I've read (She-Hulk), that's the most predominant thing I've seen.

Only one worth reading.

Black Canary: Ignite

>Once upon a time, the principal of writer Meg Cabot‘s school told her she had the loudest voice at school. She wishes she had known about Black Canary then.

>Cabot’s brother is a police officer in Denver, with two daughters who want to follow in his footsteps, who look up his crimes on the internet asking about the position of the body he found when he comes home from work. He’s not too pleased with this and wants them to go into fashion design.

>And that’s the perspective she’s sharing in her graphic novel for DC Zoom, Black Canary: Ignite. Announced at the American Library Association meet as part of the DC Comics reveal of the DC Zoom and DC Ink imprints, with no named artist yet.

what universe do people um actually the superman vs the klan story? the radio show is responsible for kryptonite and Jimmy Olsen. it doesn't matter it's not actually a comic

I'm glad about more Asians in the comics, either in story or as creators, and these looks pretty interesting.

Things that you're pretending to get upset about

Dear Justice League

>He observed the differences in the behaviour and attitude that sports players exhibited, regarding a question he asked as opposed to a question that he presented as asked by a ten-year-old fan – and how the players in question suddenly got a lot more honest and less likely to give out pat answers.

>And that’s what Northrop is bringing to the Justice League, having kids ask questions of the supers and get answers – and also acting as a way to

>He’s not allowed to announce the artist’s name yet. It looks like no one at the event was. This is a place for writers to move the needle it seems…

>that kid thinking Hawkgirl is gonna eat the little girl's hamster

Super Sons

>And his Super Sons story out in April net year, featuring Jonathan Kent and Damian Wayne, the sons of Superman and Batman, will be about climate disruption. With Lower Metropolis under twelve feet of water, with super storms cycling around the world destroying farmland and with what Ridley described as “a coastal ambush” of refugees heading to Denver, Lincoln and Nebraska as the coastline get flooded.

>These super sons abandoned by their fathers, will meet a young woman and rightful heiress of a continental empire facing four rival girls. They will work together, be friends together, be middle school kids and solve a world crisis. Maybe.

Superman of Smallville

>Superman Of Smallville will be a clean slate and intended to be read by those who have never read a Superman comic before, of any age. It sees a 14-year-old Clark Kent going to his first day at high school, only knowing Lana Lang from kindergarten, though Pete Ross, Lex Luthor and more will be waiting for him.

>This Superman wears jeans and Air Jordans. He can’t make a suit as he can’t sew. His parents are younger – and a bit hipster. A Jonathan Kent who blonde with a beard but looks more like Josh Snyder…

I'm not upset, just disappointed.

Last one being...

Batman: Overdrive

>Batman Overdrive will feature a fifteen-year-old Bruce Wayne, a Millennial, born in 2004… and who finds a car in his late parents’ basement, a month before his sixteenth birthday – a car that his father had when he was sixteen. And so, with the help of his friends, he decides to restore the car, and then customise it, into the Batmobile. It’s a new origin of the Batman with a more vehicular origin.

Sold.

That's what your mom said.

The KKK isn't relevant anymore. Its the same type of meme social media loves to push about "punching nazis." There are no nazis anymore. These things aren't relevant to today. Bringing them up constantly on every media platform only needlessly stirs the bee's nest.

Okay, things that you're pretending to get disappointed about

This sounds kawaii as fuck

>Alfred in Wonderland
NEAT

I agree with that, while I can enjoy a story about superman smashing the klan, it's clear that the existence of this story is a passive aggressive implication that the KKK is actually a relevant entity among conservative thought, which it is not.

American Born Chinese was pretty dang good. My middle school kids love it.

>user says only non-comic readers post in these threads
>I say only casuals act as if superman taking down the KKK was a comic thing
>user calls me a casual because... reasons

cool story faggot.

trash.

why post something like this? you don't know anything about any single poster.

they fucking ruined my Super Sons. Fuck I hate these people.

>millennial
>2004
>finger on the chin emoji

>casual upset at being called out as the casual he is

We already have the sound effect for a lost erection it's the slide whistle
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa7uLxu0XAc
Also that last one sounds awesome, is it a retelling of the Superman radio drama or the story behind the making of the radio episode

Interesting, so this is set in an alternate reality where al gore's environmental predictions actually happened.

Is DC Ink and Zoom going to be trade oriented like Earth One line or floppies?

I'll be very disappointed if this won't get us some eurobeat panels

>Wonder Jailbait helps refugees
Okay
>Batman characters in high school
This will never stop being a lame idea
>non-high school Teen Bruce adventure
Sounds kinda cool
>coming-of-age Teen Titans
There's no such thing as good TT comics
>that fucking Harley thing
Yikes
>Mera
You have my attention
>Kid Green Lantern
Honestly I'd be more interested in his Grandma as Old Lady Green Lantern
>New Li'l Gotham
Neat!
>the Black Canary thing
Not feeling it
>Dear Justice League
Hopefully that's the actual artist because it'll at least be very cute.
>Super Sons and refugees
No, thank you
>Art & Franco Superman
Neat!
>Millennial Bruce Wayne Restores A Car
Another Teen Bruce? This one also sounds bad.
>Super Hero Girls with Mera
Sounds fine for the audience.
>Catwoman in high school
Enough, Jesus Christ
>Superman Smashes the Clan
>it's actually about a little girl listening to the real-life radio show
This is probably going to be the best one.

A mixed bag, as they always are.
Still, good on DC trying all these very different lines these last few years.
Diversifying their output without dragging down the regular books is a much better approach than just letting novices go nuts with their main continuity.

>cause when the narrative came out that "superman broke up the clan" happened last year
>Story that's been around for decades
>It only happened last year

Sounds like a new story that takes place in 1946 about the radio show, see

>Is that Guruhiru art for Superman Smashes the Clan?

I bet that unlike Gwenpool, they would do a terrific job here.

DC brings the best out of artists and writters.

what a nice fantasy world you white boys must live in if you think the KKK and neo Nazis aren't still around
I bet your old man told you that while mumbling about niggers taking his job

impressive

>Is DC Ink and Zoom going to be trade oriented like Earth One line

Yeap, that's the direction DC is taking with these two imprints

Oh no no NO NO NO NO

>what's the complaint here?
Brainwashing children with far left garbage.

So what’s with the third costume it’s kinda trash compared to the first two

They're still around, but not in any relevant way. Literally no one cares about them or takes them seriously except fear mongering leftists. You can find people that believe in almost anything, but it doesn't mean they're a group with substantial numbers.

>board tourist using generic complaints

>user says only non-comic readers post in these threads
My obvious implication was that only a casual would think Yang is going to do a bad job with this premise.

Emasculation. Why exactly did you need this explained to you?

I honestly mean this, the DC shills need to chill.

I get it this is a comics board and you want to be able to shill your shit. I honestly get it.

But attacking people because they something is stupid or retarded or for casuals or "SJW shit" isn't making a sale. It isn't changing anyones mind. What you're doing is simply ruining this site because you don't want people on the fence to make decisions based on what anons are saying. And that, too, I get. But you've ruined this board. Every storytime, every fucking solicit thread, every fucking discussion is ALWAYS, without fail, filled with people just attacking posters instead of posts and never engaging with criticism more than to say "it's comics stop taking it too seriously" or "you must be a brainlet."

Just chill. Go engage more receptive audiences and stop trying to paint anyone who doesn't want to buy a book as deranged. It only fuels the anti-"whatever is being discussed" sentiment.

Oh wow, that's kinda neat

I think it's this, a sort of traditional Vietnamese cloth
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Áo_dài

>board tourist
I wish
These fucks have planted roots.

I choose to blame all the Cred Forums threads being allowed.

Existing and being relevant are two different things. I bet you think the alt-right are Nazis too.

>it's an user thinks he's destroying other anons but is really just shitting on himself issue
I swear these are like weekly fucking publications

Nobody's asking you to buy a book. Everyone wonders why you board tourists are upset over a book line that has nothing to do with the main comics and you go into Shitty Webcomics' defensive mode.

>The KKK one is the only one that isn't overtly far left. No one likes the KKK and it actually fits with the type of actual social justice

It's overtly far-left because the KKK doesn't exist in any real sense anymore. It's literally nothing but a boogeyman that organizations like the SPLC try to make seem like there's secret Klan militias hiding in every county, ready to strike.

Nobody likes them, nobody defends them, but leftists will never let the memory of them ever die as long as they can use just the idea of the KKK to scream about racism.

Do you fucks have no idea what an Elseworld is or do you have down syndrome?
Instead of whining about non canon graphic novels for YA, just see them as containment that doesn't affect your mainline stuff
Did you sperg out when you saw DC Superhero Girls?

>Nobody's asking you to buy a book.
That's precisely what solicits do.

>Super Sons is ruined because of a non-canon OGn from a separate imprint that won't release for over a year
You big baby.

Then why don’t they just allow kids to become Republicans instead of importing Muslims if they want more homophobic people?

Outragefags gonna outrage

Your mainline comics arent going away
This is for someone else

The radio show is crucial to Superman, it invented Kryptonite.
>narrative came out last year
The narrative that happened in the 40s came out last year? The narrative that had books written about it, most recently 6 years ago, came out last year?

Unironically this.
It doesn't matter if it's not "canon", DC is still putting their name behind trying to normalize insanely destructive bullshit.

>Did you sperg out when you saw DC Superhero Girls?
DC Superhero Girls is harmless Barbie shit. It isn't trying to groom the next generation to accept crossdressing or other degeneracy.

Imagine the backlash over a book where the super sons help secure the border against foreign infiltrators or a book where superman helps police rid a black neighborhood of gang members.

they aren't shills, no one pays people to come on Cred Forums and call you a faggot, we do that for free cause of your habit for massive faggotry.

Not him and I think DC bias around here exist, but people have been posting solicits for both Marvel and DC for years, and anons who are interested discuss them. The world doesn't revolve around you.

>they
>we
Pick one.

Consider that legit refugees are people who are FLEEING the violent bigots. I've had muslim neighbors before, super nice people. They left Iran and never went back once it started becoming extremist because they didn't believe that religion should be enforced by the state.

The KKK/Superman thing actually did happen though and I'm actually a little surprised that there wasn't a comic based on it sooner.

they're a cancer and have been for YEARS now

> part-Chinese Bruce Wayne

Why? Like why about the story necessitates this change?

>The world doesn't revolve around you.
Where did I imply this? I jumped in to correct one dumbass' comment.

Cred Forums said it best about why refugees go to Europe more than America
They left their country to avoid getting shot

Well i called him a faggot after that point so now i'm part of that group.

Who gives a fuck, there's like three Teen-Batman-Characters books in this line alone that are doing their own thing.

It's non canon anyways
Hell, Shanghai Batman is a thing

Its just a fact that the radio show did serious damage to the Klan by stripping away any mystique it had surrounding its inner workings and laid bare to people outside of the areas they operated in just what they were doing. Even back then people couldn't take an organisation which uses terms like 'Grand Wizard' seriously.

Consider that on a global scare, immigration as a humanitarian cause is futile and relocation to the U.S. specifically isn't as humane as relocating people within regions that share similar culture and values. Not to mention regional relocation is exponentially more cost effective. Somehow I'm not sure the YA line will adjust that however.

Also this whole line is brilliant. Standalone graphic novels always sell better, and if this gets a new generation of readers into comics I'm all for it.

>Where did I imply this?
By saying that people posting solicits on Cred Forums are DC shills.

Maybe you are the dumbass here.

>Consider that legit refugees are people who are FLEEING the violent bigots.
So hardly any of them, right? The safety of a few less extreme muslims shouldnt be an excuse to open the flood gates to all the extremists and abusers that make up the majority of the refugee flood. Even then the “normal” muslims are still bad for associating themselves with the crazies and worshiping a literal child rapist.

>Islamists are fleeing Islamists practicing Islam, but want to spread Islam in order to create the exact same Islamic conditions that they're pretending to "flee" from
Is this bait? There is no way you can be a refugee from Islamists while being an Islamist yourself.
Comics that pander to views as insane as yours shouldn't be met with support, or even so much as quiet unacceptance.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulnerable_area

>Damaged brain
Getting mad at diverse Green Lanterns

>Normal brain
Getting upset that there are numerous human Green Lanterns that are all coincidentally American when the number of rings available is heavily limited

>Genius brain
Being tired of yet another inhabitant of a backwater planet getting a story instead of the thousands of alien Lanterns.

>Elder God Brain
Sick and tired of the GL corps. Eagerly awaiting the return of the Darkstars

>whining this badly about books that aren't even canon and aren't going to be bought by anyone besides kids

The Wonder Woman book sounds like it might.

The Super Sons one is definitely gonna be a mess though.
But fuck, maybe they'll surprise everyone. Have the boys try to tackle the problem with the naivety of their age only for it to be much more complicated than they expect.
Probably won't go down like that at all, but stranger things have happened.

I'm glad the kids' line mostly sounds good.

user I'm speaking at a public level. Frankly, if you don't follow US media you wouldn't remember but 2017 was full of "punch a nazi" and "Superman beat the clan" stuff at random points. The narrative was strongest post Charlottesville and around the time Superman stopped a dude from killing some immigrants in Action.

But you don't care, you just want to do what the other shills have done and assert that I'm a casual because I don't simply spout the "member when Superman defeated the Klan" shit.

elseworlds don't exist anymore you fucking casual.

you disagree with me that they are shills. You cannot say anymore truthfully than I that shills do or do not post here.

>board tourists
you mean the type to call people non-comic readers when they say the radio show wasn't a comic?

NS-M is great, I freely admit and tell others that. I tell any friend who will listen to buy it. But someone isn't a casual for not being hyped on a future project.

I think it's even worse though. Look at how they respond. I think it's moved from fans to legit shills. Criticism gets fucking ATTACKED by multiple posters, immediately, all savaging the poster with the same claims. All of the claims meant to cast dispersion on the poster instead of the post. It's shill tactics 101.

DC sucks

superman vs the klan looks fucking awesome though

>YA readers
>Next generation
The Super Sons graphic novel is Captain Planet tier

>By saying that people posting solicits on Cred Forums are DC shills.
I didn't say that. I said solicits are meant to get people to buy the books.

user said "No one is asking you to buy these books" and I corrected him. Companies post solicits so that people will get interested and buy the books.

>niggers
>taking jobs

You implied it by insisting these threads and solicits post were aimed at non-readers. You specifically made the point that they weren't going to make you buy DC comics, implying they were directed at you.

>Green Lanterns that are all coincidentally American
See, this will always drive me nuts.

It's just like with Marvel's diverse recent legacy characters. Pretty much nothing but middle-class Americans.

One of many things that's so refreshing about New Super-Man is that it's actually set somewhere else.

>I think it's even worse though. Look at how they respond. I think it's moved from fans to legit shills. Criticism gets fucking ATTACKED by multiple posters, immediately, all savaging the poster with the same claims. All of the claims meant to cast dispersion on the poster instead of the post. It's shill tactics 101.
all the more reason for them to be banned

they're striking out in anger because they no DC as a company only has a few months left because any money the comics are bringing in pale in comparison to the money lost on everything else

I know. I just don't understand it.

Then again I don't like DC for this very reason. Too many goddamn iterations and legacy characters.

Marvel's been at it too more and more so I'm about done with both of them.

>You implied it by insisting these threads and solicits post were aimed at non-readers.
You misunderstood me.

user I'm a DCfag. Many of us are normal. What you're describing is DCShills whom I am telling you have gotten worse since the site changed ownership.

I'm actually just wondering why you give a shit that it came from the radio show. It's super nitpicky and makes you look like a twat, and your constant use of the word 'narrative' makes you sound like a tinfoil wearing loon.

You misspoke.

You don't find that potentially confusing? Why does it have to be Bruce?

>DC brings the best out of artists and writters.
So there is hope for Jewish Superman?

Toxic Masculinity.

I don't, because it's not part of the main comic line.

Having enough functioning braincells to realize Marvel is shit doesn't make one a "DC shill". As someone who occasionally reads DC comics when they're posted here, I'm the exact opposite excited for Bendis fucking up DC, the clusterfuck that Doomsday Clock will inevitably be, and whatever "crossdressing rapefugee fun time extravaganza" they apparently have in the works.

Four if you count the Catwoman one.

I do think the more serious-sounding one seems pretty good, though.

So is this the same person or what

Yes

But only in that it might not be terrible.
There's really no hope of it actually being "good."

Sure Humphries went from terrible to decent-to-pretty-good, but Bendis has gotta be more stuck in his ways than that guy.

Considering how fucked up Boxers and Saints got, will Yang be allowed to show lynchings?
Will Gurihiru draw actual hung people?

There's probably less than a hundred thousand actual Nazis in the Western World (including people who just hold the beliefs but don't do anything) and the KKK membership doesn't even hit 10,000, most of which are Federal moles.

Meanwhile you have unrepentant communists running around proclaiming that this time it's going to work on top of a mountain of corpses and no one cares.

I care about freedom and stopping oppression, but you're looking in the wrong place right now. The far right has been smashed and long may it rot. But the far left influences policy and holds office in a lot of the Western world.

I wish both companies would evolve the characters more. I doubt that batman is going to stay married for long, or even if he actually is going to get married at all. Companies suck the status quo dick so hard its pointless to care if the characters will improve themselves. That's why OMD is such a garbage fire. JMS finally evolved spiderman to be a responsible adult to put his marriage back together. Renew Your vows should be the main universe right now for how interesting the dynamic of Peter, MJ and Annie has become

DC doesn't need to catch up to Marvel in comics. They're already ahead

>These threads are always people who don't read comics screeching at each other.
That's why.

And I bring up the "narrative" because that's the word most easily used for "a bunch of blogs and 'news outlets' cover the same story at once". After charlottesville and even going back to inauguration day with Spencer the whole "take on nazis and racists" thing led to quite a few think pieces about superman "beating the Klan".

No. Had you quoted my final reply you'd have realized this. I do assume I was speakign to only one other person though. But no, I'm not deranged and speaking to myself, let alone disagreeing with myself.

Nice try newfag.

I doubt DC is gonna show lynching in a kid book. Maybe references, no way on panel

Humphries was great before DC. Higher Earth was real good.
Okay loon.

>Meanwhile you have unrepentant communists running around proclaiming that this time it's going to work on top of a mountain of corpses and no one cares.
Sure, but they seem to largely fall under that "people who just hold the beliefs but don't do anything" category

Seems they're really trying to appeal to Chinese kids (and by kids I mean 20-somethings)

user, it's different when I don't like them.

My bad scratch green lantern off that list

And Yang's heritage has always informed his work.

>the money lost on everything else
They aren't losing money anywhere else apart from that one movie. Wonder Woman was WB's highest grossing film last year. I really hope Disney doesn't pay you that well

>Target the most redpilled generation with leftist hogwash.
How about a story where Superman fights an FBI that's so corrupt they'll manufacture evidence against the president while they ignore potential school shooters.

But there's multiple Bruces in this line and they aren't the same.

So you have a Half-Asian Bruce/Latina Selina in one book and someone likes that and goes to find these other ones aren't the same.

They're all Asian writers
When Gene does write about Chinese stuff, he nails it
American Born Chinese and Boxers and Saints are excellent
I'd argue the latter being a 10/10

Oh noes, children might get the idea that the Ku Klux Klan is bad.

>but don't do anything
Words these days carry more weight than ever. Social media made it so. Any moron with free time and a catchy hashtag can start a snowball effect that can have real life consequences. I think you're really underselling things.

You're just a yes man with no opinions of his own.

>Comic about some girl being inspired by a Superman Radio show that hapened in real life
>Leftist bullshit

I know this is YA shit but, like Gotham don't they realise Bruce Wayne isn't interesting until he's the godamn batman. It's like they want to skip his second most defining power-years of rigorous training

>muh elseworlds
FUCKING IDIOTS we told you the slippery slope is real.

>muh slippery slope

I don't think it's an attempt at all. I don't believe its that kind of brainwashing. Whatever these books say it wont affect the outcome of how these kids feel and act. It's nurture, their parents will affect how kids see these stories. A boy or a girl will read these feel good, sanitized, fun books and know that these are DC heroes. It's not far-left brainwashing, its just capitalist brainwashing. the good kind that makes people buy fun stuff

Get some reading comprehension.

Once this bombs, who do you think will get axed?

See

Do you really think every single kids' book out there was interconnected?

The book and Gotham the TV show are supposed to be about his path to becoming Batman, i.e. getting that rigorous training.
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's good to show kids stories where someone actually get inspired and go through the training instead of stories where they finished the training already.

The blurb says she lives in Metropolis so this has nothing to do with real life.

Once what bombs, this line? These aren't monthly comics user. It would just stop at a volume.

The radio show dumbass

Look at it this way user. Sure Doomsday Clock may wind up a clusterfuck near the end(most large events generally are). The real fun is the experience along the way.

As for Bendis, I have hopes for the editors who control him. Hell, Morrison has the same deal and they manage to keep him on leash most of the time

>DEGENERACY!

I like how this new crop of edgy millenial rightists all talk like ultra-religious preachers from the late 1800's.

>There's probably less than a hundred thousand actual Nazis in the Western World
That's being pretty generous, if we're talking about actual Nazis, and still generous even if we throw people who identify as neo-nazis into the mix. I'd guess about 10,000, maximum.

The problem with the modern left is that they are experts at dividing themselves with their dumb identity politics, and even more adept at uniting their enemies by tying together completely different ideological groups under the same banner, usually "nazi" but more lately "alt right".

They don't bother to attempt understanding the distinction between white nationalists, civic nationalists, nazis, conservatives, the KKK, free speech advocates, white supremacists, constitutionalists, the "ault-rite", etc.

To them, everyone is an "alt-right nazi", and for the first time ever, we're seeing the left bring together all these various ideologies which have incredibly little to do with one another, as leftists tear themselves apart over the slightest differences in wrongthink.

Nobody

YA stuff is an easy sell, and the shocking success of DC Super Hero Girls show they are capable of moving into new demographics.

>muh saying
He stole it from Reagan you fucking child.

only casuals use that term. they don't care about slippery slopes. they want self contained, oneshot OGNs they can half-read on the subway or at the beach.

It's really a smart idea. Marvel is more well known in that part of the world due to the mcu. Follow the money is DC's motto

>Falling for the ''everything will change!'' marketing speak the big 2 roll out every few years.

Its easy to tell you haven't been reading cape comics long, if at all.

no one everyone will already be gone by that point

If right wingers are so butthurt about people making left-leaning comics, why not make your own and compete in the free market, like the capitalists you claim to be?

Oh wait, I guess that would require actual talent and effort, two things you don't need to throw a hissyfit about Superman fighting the KKK.

>It's another Cred Forums moral outrage thread

It takes place in the past when they were still relevant.
The comic isn't about how the KKK is still a big deal it's about how the KKK were beaten by a radio show

No one posted the DC Superhero Girls one so here it is.
>Mera is the new girl at Super Hero High and when Wonder Woman takes Mera under her wing, Wonder Woman's best friend Bumblebee is overcome with jealousy. Despite her feelings, Bumblebee accompanies Mera and the Super Hero Girls on a field trip to Atlantis. But when they arrive, Atlantis is missing! Mera is horrified when they discover that Brainiac has shrunken and stolen Atlantis with the Atlanteans trapped inside! The Super Hero Girls must work together to defeat Brainaic and, along the way, Bumblebee must learn the true meaning of friendship.

Hey now.
It's possible he's read them all his life, but was tragically born without any sense of pattern recognition.

>hurr durr let me tell you the one and only fact I know about political history. Have you ever heard of Reagan, probably not he's pretty obscure.

I didn't even know it was possible for someone to miss the point of a post that badly.

>teaching kids about Mera
Good on you, DC.

What's edgy about using old words? Are you ok user?

Oh look, yet another thread full of grown men crying like little girls about non-canon, supplementary adaptations of juvenile power fantasy IPs they still buy a good decade after they ought to have grown out of them, because they feel the need to be personally offended and slighted whenever the publisher owning the properties produces material that was never intended to be sold, marketed or aimed to them because they aren't the actual intended core demographic being pandered.

When did you decide to be so fucking pathetic on a continuous basis? So fucking what if the Harley Quinn will showcase drag queens? Superman fighting the Klan is offensive to you? It has zero impact on anything you actually read.

>Your mainline comics arent going away
Oh yeah? Then why did they say this ?
>thisisfine.jpg

Alt Hero is a thing
It looks terrible
Reminder that Vox openly shat on Kirby and his followers still trust him for the future of comics

>claims to not be samefag but provides no screenshot proof

i'm sure it's that other user that's the newfag.

>It takes place in the past when they were still relevant.
But the story is being told NOW when they aren't relevant.

They'll likley be used as a focus for the wider issue of racism in America. And its a period piece book, that's like saying because the American Revolution is no longer ongoing there's no point in writing stories about it.

And? Why are you so upset about whether or not the KKK is relevant?

That didnt imply they'd get replaced
Did Vertigo replace mainline DC?
It's a non canon imprint aimed for teenage girls and women who wish they were teens

>why not make your own and compete in the free market, like the capitalists you claim to be?

Because they know they'd get their asses kicked.

This weekend's box office numbers should tell you everything you need to know about where the general public stands on "leftist" entertainment. Black Panther made a quarter billion dollars in three days. Samson, a right-wing bible movie that came out in wide release the same day, made a pathetic $2 million.

They don't want to make their own comics because they know what the humiliating outcome would be. So instead it's back to moral outrage and yelling at the authors on Twitter.

>user acts above everyone's hobby while still using the same hobby board as everyone else
Everytime.

If left-leaning comics are so successful, why is the industry dying?

>comparing the American Revolution to someone pranking the KKK
Is this really how the liberal mind works?

yeah but its fun to shitpost user. stop being a debbie downer

>
>>but don't do anything
>Words these days carry more weight than ever. Social media made it so.
So it's different when I don't like them, exactly like I said.

It never stops being funny how a handful of NEET motherfuckers spending their time on Cred Forums out of their free will somehow think they are the moral arbiters and enlightened crusaders against suppodes "degeneracy."

>that one Kirby dickrider shows up
Your point would have been just fine if you stopped at the first two lines.

So no more
>WW2 stories
>Civil War stories
>Selma
>Boxers and Saints
etc

He's determined to not like a Yang-penned Superman story with 1940's aesthetics.

Like some kind of mongrel.

I think she knows how deflating boner sounds.

That's because of the LCS model
Graphic novels actually sell since they get released in actual book stores

But Black Panther is literally /theirmovie/.

You heard the man, stories set in/inspired by the past are no longer allowed.

>muh slippery slope

We don't even know how successful this will be and you dumb fuckers are spazzing out over a generally noncanonical line.

The intent behind it is so blatantly transparent. You might be willfully ignorant to it, or maybe you just buy into the virtue signaling. In either case, you might as well keep reading Marvel if you're interested in such dated social commentary. Do yourself a favor and stop replying to me, because we're never going to agree on this matter.

Remember when Aaron Diaz shat on Will Eisner?

I have been reading them my whole life but you are missing the point. This is not "Secret Wars changes everything!" This is much more comparable to Marvel saying comic readers are a dying breed and the future audience is brown teen girls. It didn't work for them and it will not work for DC. At the very least it is saying they are going to make the main line have more social and left wing political topics, which everyone in this thread saying "but its an elseworld its ok!" Clearly do not want.

The best part was his "apology"

>why is the industry dying?

It isnt. Its just that floppies have stopped growing while GN's continue to rise in sales.

And deliberately misunderstanding a comparison wont work. The point is that people still write about Historical Events, so saying the KKK isnt relevant anymore while talking about a books set when they were active is bullshit.

Agree on what? Your argument is that no one should write stories about the KKK because you think it has something to do with today.

>Do yourself a favor and stop replying to me, because we're never going to agree on this matter.

Maybe because you didn't have any kind of coherent argument in the first place?

>If right wingers are so butthurt about people making left-leaning comics, why not make your own and compete in the free market, like the capitalists you claim to be?
the same reason these companies don't even make "new" characters in order to increase diversity. because nobody buys supports new properties. They barely support what's on the market already.

But I'm sure you though you made some huge point there.

Your greentext could be better I can't even smarmily reply because it's too random.

as for missing the point, was it not so say that trump took a nazi slogan? Because then my point that he took it from Reagan still stands. I sincerely don't think trump even realized he did that, in all honesty.

Th difference is, I don't make the hobby be my sole defining characteristic in life, nor treat anything that I personally might disagree with vitriol and feverish panic.

Not an argument. I never claimed to be a moral arbiter of anything. Its not a prerequisite in order to spot degeneracy.

You ever notice how liberals always decry the slippery slope when their motives and goals are laid bare for everyone to see what awful people they are?

All of those numbers are down in 2017.

Isn't SAGA successful?

They should approach Raina Telgemeier about doing something for these lines.

Her books absolutely dominate almost anything else in the market.

Read the quote from the article you retards.
Cunningham says these topics will be brought to the main line

>I cant win the argument so stop replying to me.

Yang uses racism as a plot thread in his work all the time, and he always executes it well. This isnt some totally new virtue signalling but a writer continuing his focus on a theme.

You ever noticed how board tourists claim the person they're arguing with is a liberal when they're losing an argument?

So can I just paint all the people that hate DC as Cred Forums now or should I wait till the thread is dead because this thread is probably gonna get pruned soon

Got a source for that?

"I knows it when I sees it" faggotry is nothing but assholes acting uppity moral arbiters and trying to reign over other people.

And I maintain that's not automatically a bad thing.
New Super-Man, Deathstroke, Flintstones, and (to a lesser extent) Green Lanterns have done it well.

it was coherent but like he said it was a complete disagreement. Sometimes people just disagree user.

he clearly thinks it's playing to the current media landscape and you seem to think DC just chose that story out of nowhere (they've likely gotten that pitch 100000 times since the 40s).

To me, it seems he's likely right. But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. You're disagreeing over something that doesn't affect either of you.

He was every bit as coherent as you, though, and it's a bit shitty to try and "end" something in a way to make him seem crazy after he simply said you two will continue to disagree.

>Your argument is that no one should write stories about the KKK because you think it has something to do with today.
No. My argument is that KKK stories written today are moral lessons in disguise and aren't necessary because they try to teach lessons we already know. But I never argued these stories should never be told. Please keep taking my words out of context, though. Like I said, we'll never see eye to eye on this.

>because they try to teach lessons we already know

The audience these books are primarily aimed at don't necessarily know.

>I don't make the hobby be my sole defining characteristic in life
Neither do I. But I'm allowed to have convictions. I'm allowed to feel strongly about my hobby.

Yeah, so I'm not sure why Iron Man needs to be a young black girl.

So did they incorporate things from DC Superhero Girls in the main line?

>The audience these books are primarily aimed at don't necessarily know.
That's what school is for.

New Superman is about a hero from a different culture living in his homeland not having a refugee experience.
Deathstroke handles political issues in a far more complex way then Harley and her drag queen pals probably will. I did not read Flintstones, but Green Lanterns is largely shit when it isn't just cute character moments.

>Only schools are allowed to teach things

No and they never outright said they were going to you dumbfuck

>KKK stories written today are moral lessons in disguise
Can you point to any?
I get what you're saying, but it seems like you're making a lot of assumptions about the book based on mostly imagine experience.

I know people online tend to see the KKK as the problem it hasn't really been for a long time, but do you actually see them used as a narrative device anywhere?

Comichron and ICv2 (your source)

Do you even know what your source was?

this list is "to lcs":
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017.html
down 10 percent

>Sales volume remained above 2013 levels, however, and the market was considerably larger than it was during the previous market low.

The danger that the KKK represent and the toxic racist hatred they symbolize has not, as a problem, never gone away. The past year proves that.

>Super Sons is about two white kids
>the children's story will be about them bringing third world rapefugees into their mostly white areas
They really are not trying to hide it at all.

Was this supposed to refute this: ? because it doesn't.

This line has three teen Batman stories that exist independent of each other and you're REEEEEING about how they're going to incorporate everything into the mainline, a mainline that is known for using a Multiverse.

>But the far left influences policy and holds office in a lot of the Western world.

How many alternate Batman origins are they making for this

Make the one klansman Cred Forums and have it so he does not stop talking about Cred Forums

Right, so my point that stories about non-white people and political messages can be good sticks.

And I definitely recommend Flintstones.
Heartwarming and genuinely funny.

Literally decades old.
"do you actually see" implies something a bit more current.

I mean, the vast majority of Syrian refugees ended up just going to nearby countries anyway.

That's where the smart money is.

Be glad there's not also Teen Joker, Arkham High, and Teen Harley and Ivy Come Out books.
Yet.

Retard, he was not talking about making specific stories canon he was talking about injecting these themes and politics

>rapefugees
Look man, that word is not gonna help you win the argument here

It doesn't "stick" for NSM, it doesn't stick for Lanterns, Deathstroke has some moments like that, and Flintstones was good for six issues then shit the bed. Not because of political shit but it did get sloppier and less well-written by the time the big guy got voted as mayor.

I think the last issue I found well-written was the one with the tree people and the black dude, Joe, on the suicide hotline.

The only good moments in the second half of that run were with the appliances.

>Be glad there's not also (..) and Teen Harley and Ivy Come Out books.
>Yet.

And that's a damn shame

>Not because of political shit but it did get sloppier and less well-written by the time the big guy got voted as mayor.

Confirmed for turbo pleb taste.

People like rapists now?

It's literally about people from coastal US town going inland because the ocean rose.

I know it sounds good in theory, but it'd go to some YA novelist who would make it really melodramatic and boring.

You love them so much you can't stop talking about them.

Right, see Tom King's Batman as a great example of DC bringing the best out of a writer

And what's wrong with Guruhiru on GP?

If it is about people from the US then what is this I hear about some continental queen reclaiming her throne?

No actually I hate them and do not want children brainwashed into caring about them. You must be easily confused.

>it's actually about climate change and teen girls
>the "refugees" are Americans relocating to different parts of America
Not that guy, but I am deeply ashamed of myself for falling for a Bleeding Cool clickbait title and not reading the actual article.

>that pic
swish swish loop loop

No. But every single kids book isn't about "Bruce Wayne."

It doesn't seem like this person is writing about Bruce. They're writing what they want and tacking DC lore onto it. Granted that's several other books here too, but this one seems the most brazen of them. Other people just make Self insert OCs to hang out with DC characters instead of changing the Canon characters.

>And there's nothing inherently wrong with overtly political stories in comics.
>That approach was a big part of the best X-Men comics in the 80's.

yeah but the thing is the x-men wasn't literally every comic.

Probably the child of someone who owns a huge corporation, like Damian.

Sure, but my point is that "thing you don't like" isn't done badly across the board.
Just like "thing you like" will sometimes be written like shit.

>You love them so much you can't stop talking about them.
Not him, but this might come as a surprise to you, but in the West, rape is seen by normal people to be a serious issue, and where ideally it can be prevented, should at least be punished.
Importing millions of rapefugees and then giving them a free pass "because they're not used to our culture" is the anithesis of both of those things, therefore many people see this as something important enough to talk about.

>yeah but the thing is the x-men wasn't literally every comic.
you obviously didn't live through that time if you think this is true.
There was X-EVERYTHING

I can definitely understand the artist not having any clue what to do with this.

In the 80's?
Three ongoings and occaisonal minis ain't that nuts.

It's about making whites feel ashamed and weak. Any means necessary. I guarantee you a Jew is involved with any and each of these books.

Gene's a Christian

you fags actually believe this shit

Part and parcel of Talmudism.

user, Gene's a Christian of Chinese descent
He wrote Boxers and Saints
The latter part is about a Chinese girl embracing a Christian lifestyle

Are you saying that you're Jewish and upset with other Jewish people?

Really makes you think.

>ladderbro wants DC banned from Cred Forums
Was he disappointed at BP or what?

Cred Forums was right again!

>Wanting something to get even better as opposed to shitting the bed is pleb taste

I don't think that's the entirety of it. As the other user said what is this queen shit? And no, comparing a rich kid to royalty "reclaiming a throne" is not an apt comparison.

this. what people have to realize is that these IPs are on thin ice already. eventually they DO need to have a non-bruce wayne under the cowl because the public domain barrier WILL be reached. Disney and Warners can only push it off so long on all of their properties.

They want this next generation of kids to not go "REEEEEE A BLACK GUY CAN'T BE BATMAN" "REEEE WHO IS THIS ASSHOLE IN THE SUPERMAN SUIT". As pathetic as it is they're trying to move on from their properties and old fans who demand they don't. Every single one of these books makes a little change like that.

Why does bruce need to be half asian to go to high school?

Why do white guys honestly feel the need to make themselves feel oppressed by literally everything these days?

I mean are they so insecure that they have a hissyfit every time there is something made that does not have straight white guys featured front and center or isn't kissing their assess the entire time?

>still pushing the fake complaint that it shit the bed

Confirmed for pleb

Because you already know that nothing you just typed is even remotely true.

This is no different than saying:
>Why do black people honestly feel the need to make themselves feel oppressed by literally everything these days?
>Why do women honestly feel the need to make themselves feel oppressed by literally everything these days?
>Why do gays honestly feel the need to make themselves feel oppressed by literally everything these days?

I don't know, dude. Why do we?

>Fake complaint
So things you disagree with are fake? Funny, I didn't think someone like that would appreciate the humor in Flintstones.

shit is hilarious

>university responding to the unfair teacher
>essentially a twitter fight

wow, real shit user. Really makes me think. You have been through some shit

The scary part is that she literally cannot comprehend that what she's doing is both racist and sexist, and that everyone else is a nazi for calling her out on her racism and sexism.
I doubt she's learned any better since leaving.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Völkisch_equality

>Völkisch equality is a concept within Nazism and it was also a legal practice within Nazi Germany and its controlled territories during World War II, which ascribed racial equality of opportunity, equality before the law, and full legal rights to people of German blood or related blood, but deliberately excluded people outside this definition, who were regarded as inferior.

>Nazism rejected the concept of the universal equality of individuals.[1]:43-50 Only those who qualified as Aryans were allowed full legal rights, including equality before the law.[1]:43 This type of equality was not an equality of people as individuals but an equality of people as members of a master race, and thus individuals' interests were subordinate to the collective interest of the Volksgemeinschaft.[1]:47 The Nazis were opposed to the conventional universal conception of equality. They claimed to support Völkisch equality, but at the same time Nazism was committed to intensifying human inequality as a whole to allow the German people to become the "new master class" of the world.[1]:43 People outside of German blood were automatically considered unequal and inferior and thus denied the rights of those of German blood.[1]:50

>samefagging this hard

>being this new
nice try newfag

>muh "P-P-POL IS JUST A BOOGEYMAN!" meme
You stupid kids are over here all the damn time, whining about how SJWs are taking over comics you've never even read, whining about somebody making fun of Drumpf like the fucking snowflakes you are

Bruce substitutes the hole left by his parents with the car so he basically becomes obsessed with it, probably won’t happen but I’m interested inputting more focus on the car

I've been here since 2007, retard. I remember when you dipshits were kept in Cred Forums, because you assumed that Cred Forums actually was just a place to be a shitty edgelord

>I'll say some meme shit to prove I'm an oldfag
if you were you would know why you don't just throw a "samefag" accusation out. Specifically when it isn't at a samefag.

They should intentionally make him early levels of Hal retarded be funny to have another GL whose an idiot

Yes, because nobody ever accused people of samefagging back in the days when Cred Forums was love

I bet it taught her to formulate her arguments better before spreading them on twitter. You don't just post that kinda racist shit and expect things to be gucci when you're a teacher. Those racist nazis like richard spencer make it their mission in life so they're beholden only to their fans

So whose the art team for this?

>if I greentext obvious shit and add a shitty reactionface, then I don't have to be a good person!

Not announced
That's the case for a lot of them. No word on if the promo artist with do the actual book.

Why do people say this? God Loves, Man Kills was a terrible book and just looks fucking stupid given how televangelists are effectively marginal and powerless today. Also, with regards to "fairly well-known IRL events," I hope you don't mean current year ones, because the KKK and similar groups are functionally irrelevant and statistically insignificant, primarily existing as a cultural boogeyman rather than any realistic or influential threat.

>whining about how SJWs are taking over comics you've never even read
To be fair, you can't blame them. Marvel hasn't put out anything worth reading in a long time. The only thing nuMarvel is good for is laughing at.

>I bet it taught her to formulate her arguments better before spreading them on twitter.

If she could formulate arguments, she wouldn't have the "kill whitey" mindset to begin with.

You just proved my point. Also I promise you I have read and own more comics than you do. Everything about your post is pure cancer btw

>Also, with regards to "fairly well-known IRL events," I hope you don't mean current year ones, because the KKK and similar groups are functionally irrelevant and statistically insignificant, primarily existing as a cultural boogeyman rather than any realistic or influential threat.
It's based on the Superman radio show being used to mock the KKK so hard they lost much of their influence IRL in the 40's, moron.

>God Loves, Man Kills was a terrible book

See this is why no one takes you seriously

You are either blind or in serious fucking denial trying to keep your world view from shattering.

>or in serious fucking denial

Look who's talking.

You're complaining about them like the "snowflake" you are.

see how that works.

also, just a side note Mr social media:

though I used it to mirror your stupidity, "snowflake" doesn't mean "little bitch". Snowflakes think they're unique. Only old people on facebook think snowflake is interchangeable with "whiney little bitch".

How would you know? You don't read Marvel. Ewing consistently makes great material.

Cheap shit for teenagers

>ad hominem

Black Panther is a multi-million dollar blockbuster that had a year's worth of hype and promotion with massive institutional support on multiple levels. Samson was just some film slapped together by some guys and put out there with nothing else. Assuming that movie numbers exist in a vacuum is just pedantic. Besides, by that logic, what about Kingdom Come Deliverance turning out to be a mega-hit in the gaming industry? Doesn't that suggest that the general public actually prefers right-wing entertainment instead?

Would probably go with center-left over far-left, but the far-left consistently uses its massive cultural capital to pull the center-left further to the left as time goes on and suppress both the center and far-right. It's pretty complicated the more you look at it, I highly suggest reading the works of Mencius Moldbug for a comprehensive and well-sourced examination of how institutional power works.

I agree, that criticism he made was ad hominem

Interesting but a Chinese Bruce is embarrassing retarded pandering

You just called it a criticism. If you disagree with it give reasons.

> Snowflakes think they're unique.

Like you're doing now?

Royals was far from great, USAvengers was a step down from New Avengers, and now he's stuck in the shitshow that is the Avengers weekly.

Hopefully his next project is back to the Agent of Asgard/Ultimates level of quality.

Rocket was godly though.

Because we don't live in a post-scarcity society: power is a zero-sum game and white people are slowly waking up that all of these gains non-whites are making are coming at their expense. So it's not really a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of acting in our self-interest. It's best for us whites if we stay on top of the ladder, and so we should ideally be fighting to keep our spot at the top rather than just handing it off for no real reason.

Honestly the most insulting part about that is the continued pushing of the myth that the Superman radio show played any part in the Klan's decline. The Klan had long lost most of its membership by the start of the 1930s due to a couple factors: D.C. Stephenson's killing of Madge Olberholtzer for one and more importantly the Depression.

The 1920s Klan got most of its membership from WASPs (and Swedish immigrants who were also Protestant) due to the largely to the Catholic immigrants (especially Italians) coming in and doing a lot of the same jobs those people were doing for far cheaper. There's a big reason the Klan was biggest in places like Indiana and Michigan since a lot of those now-out-of-work types wound up going to those states looking to find work. It was also seen as defending the traditionally Protestant population of the country against the creeping menace of Catholicism and also as an organization made to enforce traditional morality (which is why the Stephenson thing was such a huge blow). The Depression hit, now nobody could work so people left the Klan; hard to worry about people taking your jobs when there are no jobs. Also a reason most WNs like Spencer are fucking retards: even if you're living in a "racist" for most people overt racism and ethnic nationalism isn't a cool thing. That's not to defend the Klan or the 1920s version as getting a bad rap, just that there are reasons it was able to number in the millions whereas by the time Superman "took down the Klan" it was a couple tens of thousands.

What? I'm not sure how that even applies? What did I say that colors me as thinking I'm any different from anyone else?

That seems fair, I'm just worried that they're going to use it to make allusions to the current year folk devils.

Care to explain how it wasn't that bad?

Oh, I didn't even realize he wrote that. I never gave attention to GotG spinoff books.

I'll try it out, thanks.

the absolute madmen

It's the one of the few cape books to give you complete stories in 22 pages.

>That seems fair, I'm just worried that they're going to use it to make allusions to the current year folk devils.
The whole story is set in the 40's, and that kind of thing tends to be done by worse writers than Yang.

It's not like it's Mark Waid or one of the YA novelists that seem to pop out of nowhere.

That does not mean that the market is dying, the industry has been constantly falling and falling, during 2007-2010 there were several downs and their respective increases at the beginning of the 10s

Okay, the Chinese baseball player suggests that this book will be a retelling of the actual radio show story instead of the real life operation to invade and humiliate the KKK.

>You don't read Marvel.
*You stopped reading Marvel, you mean.
And given what I've seen posted, I can say I don't even remotely regret it.
I'll just laugh at the pages that show how utterly shit nuMarvel is, and laugh at retards like you who go "You need to buy all 12 of these issues and multiple covers and tie ins until I allow you say it's not good!!!"
Nah, it's shit m8. Occasionally I'll read a #1, and that's enough to know the rest of it is going to be shit.
Or are you telling me at some point that America Chavez is going to get good?

I'm not terribly familiar with Yang's work, I just associate anything YA with a big red flag. I've more or less written off YA as a genre, because the only YA books I've seen and approved of were ones retroactively listed as YA like LOTR, Farenheit 451, etc.

Let me get this right: You don't read Marvel, but because you follow screenshots out of context and headlines, you can say "Marvel hasn't put out anything worth reading in a long time"? Like it has been discussed above, read Rocket and say that again.

You should give New Super-Man a shot.
Really good characters and a nice new approach to the DC universe.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about it reaching deep into DC history and legacy, is that Yang's work?

Nah, not falling for that again, you dumb unpaid intern. Every time I've so much as humored the idea that Marvel has put out anything worth even the paper it's printed on, I've been grossly disappointed.

Try politely asking again when nuMarvel has completely replaced its staff and issued a formal apology for the complete and utter shit it's been churning out.

I said the sales were down. Not that the market was dying.

Yes. Shit's great

only newfags

>for the complete and utter shit it's been churning out
What shit? How would you know? You only follow outrage bait screenshots and headlines.

Yup

>If left-leaning comics are so successful, why is the industry dying?

>getting someone into a book by spoiling one of the best moments
Nice

So because Marvel as a company is shit, great books like Black Bolt just, what, don't count?

I'm not 100% sure about my Batman Lore, but isn't Arkham Asylum just a mental institution that holds the ones too dangerous for Blackgate Penitentiary?

Why would you quote someone else's post instead of just mine? There are a lot of you fucking dweebs today that seem to not know how this site works.

I say again, I did not claim the industry was dying. Only one of those comments does and it isn't mine.

Stop shilling here until you know who it works.

Yes. But the people DC hires are even less "up on their batlore". And their editors are too busy being just as cringey as marvel workers to care.

I greatly welcome more Mera stories, but it concerns me that the book is written by someone who knows so little about the Aquaman mythos that they didn't even know Aquaman grew up on land.

>What shit?
All of it.

I'm not falling for reading your dumb nuMarvel comics, because you say "No! This was just a one off page! I swear the rest of the series is anything other than complete and utter bullshit!"

There is absolutely zero excuse why the subject of those "outrage bait screenshots and headlines" should have ever made it past the editors.

I'm sorry that you have a terminal case of being a Marvelcuck, but stop trying to spread it to others like some kind of bugman.

who sat down, looked at this idea, and was like "yeah, that's a concept I want to see made real. Doesn't sound obnoxious at all!"

>what about Kingdom Come Deliverance turning out to be a mega-hit in the gaming industry

Honestly never heard of it. Can't be that big of a hit.

I think the guy who approved this only thought was, "How can I merchandise the hell out of this?"

user Thor hasn't been good. Only contrarians are starting to say so just to get the (you)s... and of course the faggots that said it was great when it WAS still churning out screencap worthy garbage.

Just a few issues ago Jane referred to the name She-Hulk as if it was offensive to jen to have a "she" before her hulk. A woman who had to steal her identity and powers that her derivative identity she's lived with for years is offensive.

DC Superhero Girls and DC Bombshells sell fine. Nobody on Cred Forums cares because they're AUs.

>its another Cred Forumsfaggot gets triggered that comics don't align with their beliefs

The art in this one looks great. And finally no more Wolfman writtign Raven.

>community service
>at an ultramax prison for the criminally insane deemed to dangerous and powerfull to be housed anywhere else

@98763475

You're going to have to work harder for those (You)s.

>following Leigh Bardugo’s Wonder Woman: Warbringer
Was this any good?

>Did you sperg out when you saw DC Superhero Girls?
Yes, Cred Forums did, which makes all their current cries even more funny given just how much a cashcow that line has been. Turns out that pandering to people besides adult men every now and then works wonders.

You realise most people on this board agree with you. People aren't arguing that left winged political stories are fine, they're arguing that all political stories are fine when handled correctly as the history of comics are littered with cases of highlighting social issues. The main issue right now is that a lot of writers at the big 2 but especially marvel have very strong political opinions and believe they writing stories about their opinions will bring in new readers with likeminded opinions. Just give it a couple years and then a new wave of writers focused on having fun will come in.

Superman "killed" the Klan as apparently youth membership dropped to abysmal rates when the show was aired. This was in sixties, when the Klan got another wind in its sails and was making a comeback. Pointing out the Klan wasn't as big as it was in 20's is honestly irrelevant.

>writer of mere and aquaman book didn't know aquaman grew up on land
Oh no

I don't think you read his post at all.

>fucking up super sons

I knew dc would fuck it up somehow. God fucking damn it.

That's exactly what was so jarring for me. At that point I'd have fired the writer's ass immediately.

Dude, it's not canon and other heroes have been through worse and bounced back

Cred Forums's hateboner for Gwenpool makes it so nothing of the comic is decent. The comic sucks so the art must suck too!

I don't even read GP, but I have seem some pages and seem like good quality Gurihiru whenever THEY are on the book.

Marie Lu is a secret furry that had porn of her character on some r34 sites

These are original graphic novels aimed at young adults. Not new comic runs.

It's a completely separate line/continuity targeted at pre-teens and teens. I don't give a shit what they do there.

The difference is that Marvel changed their main universe to be all about this kind of stuff.

>Cred Forums's hateboner for Gwenpool makes it so nothing of the comic is decent.
When did this happen? I thought the Cred Forums-hivemind liked it.

Sounds good

>abandoned by their fathers
They have my curiosity, let's just hope it isn't shit.

This sounds like the kind of ridiculous hamfisted shit that I expect from nuMarvel, except I'm disappointed because still hold DC to actual standards.

>I don't think that's the entirety of it. As the other user said what is this queen shit?

I don't know user and neither do you. The book already has the son of an all powerful alien and the son of a rich ass dude. So one can guess that this chick is the kid of some character/s and that's why they're being so fucking vague about it. "Heiress to a continental empire" is a really silly way to just say "princess." Use your imagination. It could mean a rich fashion designers daughter or something. I don't know enough about DC to make guesses.

That still doesn't negate the fact that it says right in the description that it's people from coast cities going inland.

You're not wrong, but they're not remotely relevant anymore, and haven't been for years. As with all the Nazi villains in comics, it feels like superheroes are stuck fighting foes from decades ago, because today the guys that want to murder everyone that's not like them are brown people.

great so a bunch of shitty rhode islanders are going to be hauling their fucking clams into the midland. country's gonna be more corrupt than ever.

Fuck, it's not THAT Drawn Together
I almost got hyped