Generator Rex thread

Hardly ever see it mentioned on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I2vjd5cS5z4
youtu.be/JJtxInsJAZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=nrnfhV8ChYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Providence had some nice mooks.

Yeah.It was nice to see them get developed later on in the training episodes.Sure beats the usual faceless cannonfodder.

>Sure beats the usual faceless cannonfodder
Rough stuff man.

Indeed they did, good guy mooks that were actually competent? Fuck yeah!

Oof

It was alright at first, but as time went on they dropped the ball and the story fell apart.

Cricket was BAE

Other than that, it was a show where really I guess only the first season was that good. Was it second season they jumped right into Six having amnesia which just got on my nerves constantly. I hated that hole plot It wasn't all bad but I really felt like they shot themselves in the foot doing something so cliche so early.

It served no real purpose either.

It's weird they never fixed that.

What's the general consensus on the ending.Did you like it or hate it or were you indifferent.

>Cricket
Breach was better.

Didn't really like it since they had to rush it. Plus the Consortium were lame as shit.

Uniforms were nice too,in a strange simplistic way.Wasn't too over the top. But that's just my personal opinion.

I liked their powers at least.

Van Kleiss was a cool villain

youtu.be/I2vjd5cS5z4
Not to mention his theme was incredible

I really liked that show. Characters were interesting, world-building was great, powers were fun, I found it well-written too. In places it felt like age-restrictions didn't let them go full anime, which is a bit of a shame. The ending kinda sucked, because these rich villains appeared out of nowhere and nobody cared for them. Overall it's much better than Ben 10, shame it wasn't as popular.

Also I hate waifu fags, but Dr. Holiday was great.

Breach was low hanging fruit.
Low self confidence, no interpersonal skills, obsessive compulsive, and a like a stage 11 clinger. She was cute but other than that she's almost handcrafted to appeal to people who believe they couldn't get a girl any other way than some unusual looking stalker that happened to key in them.

Cricket had self respect.

He got misused by the end. The more they tried to make him justified the less I liked him.

The Breach fans were always weird to me. Like she's basically a traumatized child mentally.

Has there ever been a character more out of place than Bobo? As the series went on he just seemed more and more useless.

Like I said, she was cute, she had a good design but her personality is all kinds of fucked up. That traumatized child thing is a great point and i think it instills sympathy for her. And to be as positive as I can about die hard Breach fans, that probably lead to feelings of wanting to protect/fix her.

So why wasn't this show as popular as Ben 10?

He barely ever did anything in the fights. Why the fuck did they bother having him along and drawing him if they weren’t even gonna have him help fight?

No idea.It's always puzzled me.could have been the marketing.

Someone somewhere probably had market data that said you need to have a comic relief character around.

Comic relief

Circe WAS best girl

The crossover episode was so good.I remember being So incredibly hyped for it.The new animation style did wonders for Ben's aliens

Anyone got the clip of the fight?

I hate that episode. The message was literally: "The only useful thing we can do is play support for the main character" what the hell man?!

But that doesn’t mean you have to make him useless. Have him fucking do something for Gods’ sakes!

This was one of the last actual action cartoons.Time's have changed.

How many of these do you have and why?

The mook is the greatest hero of all.

Right

I'm mad about Rex's final Evo form. His first one looked like all of his builds at once, but the last one was generic blue robot man

He was just there for comic relief

White Knight did nothing wrong

But Bender voice! And, Bobo-bombs! You remember Bobo-bombs, right, user?

Indeed. In all of God's creation, there isn't a creature more noble and fragile than the loyal mook.

No one mentions it on here because it's complete wanna-be anime trash just like all of man of action's shit shows

He was a cool guy. It was great whenever he got out from behind the desk.

The message was "being a providence soldier is actually hard" and "we have to work as a team". The problem is that these ideas don't work in other episodes where the faceless soldiers get downed just for show and none of the main characters care.

Well when the Main Character is not only someone perfectly capable and willing to take on giant mutated monsters and survive, which is a lot better than throwing bodies into the meat grinder 40k Guardsman style, but also the only one who can cure them, yeah it’s a pretty valid lesson to make sure he’s able to get his shot.
>The problem is that these ideas don't work in other episodes where the faceless soldiers get downed just for show and none of the main characters care.
Well it makes sense considering that Rex was always a bit of a selfish jackass and a primadonna, and that Six is a stone cold, hardened assassin, both of whom are probably desensitized to death and casualties in the field.

I loved this show so much, such a shame that it got canceled like it did. Also that villain chick in the second season who took over was hot af.

Black Knight?

youtu.be/JJtxInsJAZ0

Yeah her

It's been so long since I've watched this show. What was her deal again?

She wanted /ss/ but rex wasn't having it

"Hey, kid, wanna /ss/?"

Fucking loved this show. Great cast, great lore, great villains, consistent writing, what wasn't to like?

She was the face for the Consortium.

Isn't Rex a Swiss Mexican that moved to the U.S?

Forgot the great waifus user

If memory serves,yes

What the ever loving hell happened to cartoons after Rex? Everything just went to boring shit.

Fun show with some neat ideas, too bad it couldn't stick the landing.

Sad times we live in user

>Action shows? What the fuck would we want with that? Comedy only now, especially shitty ones.
CN's mindset.

More like
>Fuck advertising for anyone above kindergarten, get as many Kiddie shows as you can, we’re gonna try and steal the Y7 audience out from Nick and Disney jr. Genius!

so horrible it makes me miss Alien Force.

I’m almost starting to miss Omniverse even.

Alien Force was passable, Ultimate Alien was the real bullshit.

Best Waifu, husbando and OTP in a single package

No lying there

They were all expressions for Rex, as well as something for Rex to play off of. Bobo was Rex's party animal side, his, as it were, baser animal instincts. His desire for self-gratification with zero responsibilities, especially for his own actions. He's also a foil in that while Rex may appreciate Bobo's lack of responsibility, at least when it isn't about something done to Rex personally, Rex still feels driven to account for what he's done, and struggles with guilt.

Six was Rex's desire to be a badass hero and look good doing it. Cool, calm, collected, and effective. But at the same time Rex's foil in that Six is too damn withdrawn to the point of being socially inept. Still gets the girl, though, and one Rex desires.

Even Doc Holiday could be said to represent Rex's largely untapped intelligence, especially once we learn his brother and parents were all geniuses. She's even driven by wanting to help her family, something very key to Rex's character be it the family he doesn't remember or the new one he's formed. Then there's the lover interest angle, apparently settled when they finally cured Doc's sister though the sister, to my knowledge, was never seen again.

Noah, though. Now there's a largely useless piece of shit they had to struggle to justify. At least they got some story antics out of him, like the prom episode. Or the haunted building.

hold on... Rex had an ending?
The last episode I remember watching was the one where his nanites glitch out and he starts speaking spanish for a bit... or maybe the one with the teenagers, whichever came last. then I never saw it again and assumed it was canceled without an ending... did it get moved to a timeslot I didn't know about?
...anyone got a mega?

I think they didn't bother showing the final episodes.

>Portals
Could someone remind me what her deal was again? I only have vague memory of an episode where Rex woke up in this abandoned classroom

She creates portals. One of the places she can portal to is a pocket dimension where she likes to store stuff she collects.

The slow version of his theme from his trip through time is pretty baller, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=nrnfhV8ChYg