I'm sure that this has been discussed a million times already but what are your thoughts on doomsday clock...

I'm sure that this has been discussed a million times already but what are your thoughts on doomsday clock? I was finally able to read #3 and hot mama it was brilliant. I never would have thought that a sequel to watchmen could work but this has proven me wrong.

I too am enjoying it. But I wish Superman would show up again.

I think in the next issue rorschach is going to meet up with Saturn Girl in Arkham and we’ll hopefully finally find out why she’s here. Also I love that Rita Farr seems to be becoming a big player both with Doomsday Clock and Milk Wars

It's a Johns event comic. It will be an entertaining trainwreck that squanders good ideas and ends ant-climatically.

it's weird in that it's a trainwreck but not in the way that event comics are usually trainwreck. It's Geoff Johns trying to write smart comics, and do homage-y shit to Watchmen, but with none of the nuance of that comic. His scripts alone probably don't even have the same level of craft as an Alan Moore comic. The comic is at its most enjoyable when its being stereotypically Johns-Y ironically (see Mime actually having invisible guns, or Lex Luthor chastising Ozymandias), but the good moments are few and far between. It makes stupid decisions like reviving the Comedian, or having the new Rorschach try to imitate the mannerisms of the old one.
I'm just utterly divided on it. If it brings the JSA and LOSH back, then I'm all for it.

If time is restored following the events of Doomsday clock, will the events of convergence be taken in consideration?

Frank is such an overrated artist

>it was brilliant
brainlets everyone

>I'm just utterly divided on it. If it brings the JSA and LOSH back, then I'm all for it.
This.
To me, in the end, it doesn't really matter. It's ok so far, but I won't mind dropping it as soon as it starts to suck. All I want is to continuity to be restored.

it would be ok if it stopped trying to be Watchmen and was just a big dumb Johns comic

instead it just ends up shit

Well, it in no way worked as a sequel to Watchmen for one. It reads like bad fanfic and Johns has no idea how to write any of the Watchmen character. I especially hate his Rorschach. Rorschach's speech mannerisms were gruff and brief, here however Nuschach just sounds like a retard. One can argue it's bad on purpose for whatever reason but I find it more likely that Johns just doesn't understand the subtleties of Rorschach's manner of speaking. Doomsday Clock was almost guaranteed to be a shitshow from the outset since neither Moore or Gibbons are involved in its creation but if you're going to make a sequel to Watchmen you should at least get a writer and artist of similar caliber. Frank is ok but I haven't seen a single scene that looks anything close to being memorable or iconic and his coloring doesn't really do the story justice. Johns on the other hand is a corporate hack and doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Watchmen.

this. so much. if he wasn't trash I wouldn't be concerned which logo batman had on his suit but in the last issue batman had the oval and on the cover he didn't.

He was basically wearing the earth one suit with some MILD changes. it certainly looked more like that than the rebirth suit. No matter how many anons in the story time said it didn't.

unless the cape connects to the emblem and you can see his eyes, it's not the Earth One suit, because that's literally the only difference

I didn't say it was the earth one suit.

You're trying to be overly specific for some reason instead of focusing on the crux of my post: the cover and interiors had different batsuits and since the artist is shit we don't know if it was intentional or not.

Shit taste, this comic is awful

Better than the shit marvel puts out

objectively incorrect

I was talking about the stuff they put out now

so was I

Shieet I thought they discontinued marvel max. My bad

this is why Cred Forums gets a bad rap. Faggots like you. If your opinion was worth anything you'd have known that was on shelves. Every issue has been story timed here.

Absolute fire. Gun stealing issue was my favorite so far.

Years from now, Doomsday Clock is going to be considered a sequel as much as people put stock in Before Watchmen.

>Years from now
try right now

Pretty much. Doomsday Clock is just a vapid attempt by DC to cash in on Watchmen's popularity like Before Watchmen was years ago. Like I thought making a Watchmen prequel was a stupid idea at the time, I never thought DC would go full Jew and make an actual sequel that also ends up being a big crossover with the DCU. I love how Johns tries to act like he only made Doomsday Clock because right now was the perfect climate for it or whatever bullshit he's said about it since it's exceedingly clear the concept was always a corporate mandate from the higher ups to coincide with the new HBO show.

Doomsday Clock has been received a bit more favorably than BW, probably since it's still riding the fumes of Rebirth Special #1. Also, reddit loves it.

comics reddit has even worse taste than Cred Forums

Reddit loves Watchmen too.

Funny enough, I remember there being rumored that they were kicking around a "After Watchmen" title, but I'm guessing either the reception or lack of sales killed that.

> make an actual sequel that also ends up being a big crossover with the DCU
And that's its biggest problem. Johns should have either done a straight sequel or an event that focused on DC's continuity. Instead he's trying to do both and the product suffers for it.

If anything is killing the product, it’s definitely the hiatuses in between, since the hype wil go down and people will most likely forget about it

Honestly, any Watchmen title not made made by Moore or Gibbons was doomed to mediocrity from the start. Without them, it's little more than DC sanctioned fanfic.

only contrarians don't. Just because I hate smarmy fat faggots on college campuses calling it the pinnacle of the medium while looking down their nose at literally everything else, indie or capeshit, as if it's for children doesn't mean that it isn't good.

Watchman is great. Issue 4 alone solidifies that. but all of it is fantastic.