SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (December 14, 2018)

Thoughts, Cred Forums?

>Shameik Moore as Miles Morales / Spider-Man.
>Bryan Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis, Miles' father.
>Mahershala Ali as Aaron Davis / Prowler, Miles' uncle.
>Liev Schreiber as Morlun, the slayer of Spider-Men.

youtube.com/watch?v=ii3n7hYQOl4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p4HrpCPquk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Big budget, serious, American animated action

I'm there opening day brah.

That kind of makes me wonder how many windows Spiderman breaks swinging about.

>serious
Please.

>Morlun, the slayer of Spider-Men.
Hype levels at 0.

compared to that OTHER comic book company's animated movie

youtube.com/watch?v=p4HrpCPquk4

FINALLY, a good marvel movie.

How did this happen.

I'm more concerned. We already went through this with Slott, do we really need to see Morlun killing our favorite versions of Spider-Man again?

It's a Spiderverse related movie. Someone has to die and someone has to do the killing.

This. Hopefully it will just be an in-name only reinterpretation into something actually interesting.

Angry manbabies hatewatched it through the roof

the same way everything DC happens

desperation

people have audacity to make fun of Judas Traveler, Morlun is a million times worst but I doubt he'll have a high body count, Ezekiel obviously to explain the complicated backstory and Spider-Totem garbage. It's still a cartoon after all.

Too bad any potential it had was dashed by being a goddamn Spider-Verse movie.

Well that and the fact it's being made by Sony

Star Wars is going to affect this movie a lot.

Is there even a star wars movie this December anyway?

Nope, The Mouse is headstrong on releasing Solo in May

Oh, so besides this what else is coming up in December?

Relatively anyway.

Better than nothing.

Holmes and Watson, Bumblebee, Alita, and some other piece of shit that's going to bomb hard

>into the Spider-Verse
If other Spiders are involved, this could be huge.
Could this movie make Mayday Parker relevant again? If it does will DeFalco get more Spider-Girl? I know it's a long shot, but I want to believe.

The week after it releases:
>Alita: Battle Angel
>Aquaman
>Bumblebee

So.... it's pretty safe until the next weekend where The Mouse unleashes Mary Poppins Returns

Star Wars isn’t a juggernaut anymore. The Last Jedi pissed people off, so much that it made people want to see Jumanji 2. Now Sony has admitted they want a Jumanji 3 to compete with Star Wars ep 9. And Deadpool isn’t afraid of Solo and moved up it’s release date. No one is afraid of Star Wars anymore.

>Starting your animations with Spiderverse, where someone has to die
>Starting your major Cinematic Universe film series with Batman vs Superman, where someone has to die
>Making Lizard, Rhino, and Goblin Junior the main villains of your franchise, while Jamie Foxx re-enacts the amount of time it takes for a sniper to shoot a black guy in real time
>Trying to continue your once great X - men series with Dark Phoenix as the villain, and Mystique as a hero

Why can't companies find a balance between complete schmucks, and overkill level villains?

If Marvel, the company who made Dark Elves boring, can figure this shit out, why can't anyone else?

Admittedly it doesn't affect animations quite as badly, as you always have a larger pool of background knowledge from the average viewer, but still.

>Jumanji 3
>When the board/console was destroyed at the end

Nostalgiabaiting sure does blind people

is that fucking Spider-Punk

why can't the movie be about him instead

Another reboot. Another version of the game. Zathura.

Alita got moved to December

Why can't it be Norman? Venom? Or a Hobgoblin? Ock? Why must it be Morlun?

The first Zathura flopped hard when it first release

Who fucking has nostalgia for that film?

>muh company wars
Sup Cred Forumseddit?

You do realize Ultimate Spider-Man did the Spider-Verse thing and even had a Spider-Girl show up. It was just a female Peter Parker instead.

that is December and all 4 release on the same day

Yeah, but since adult Peter is confirmed maybe Mayday has a good chance.

Because it was Morlun in the comics.

Seems very visually appealing, even though the animation seems kinda ... off? Choppy? It doesn't seem right some places in the trailer. I really wanna see it, but that might distract the shit out of me.

I saw that and suddenly waited for Baymax just flying by there.

So, that's it huh? We're some kinda...web slingers?

I don't give a single fuck about Miles Morales and he's a shit character, but with that said, it still looks better than the Venom movie

Those wrinkles on his head irk me.

>no confirmed older/AU peter voice yet
Post your reaction if they bring in /ourguy/ Tugboat in

I love the visual style, but I'm not sold on the choppy animation style. It looks really good some parts, but others it looks kind of weak.

>Why is spider-man a nigger?
>Uncle ben wouldn't allow adopting a coon like you.

You want that to happen?

>a based Peter talking down on Miles Morales in an extremely insulting manner
What’s the problem exactly?

John Krasinski is reportedly voicing the older Peter Parker.

And Tom Hardy is voicing Venom.

i am curious

Maguire is kinda' blacklisted due to his asshole behavior. Andrew Garfield is more likely than him, and he parted with Sony on less than amicable terms.

shh. I am from sony animation and I am leaking some dialogue from the script
Morlun: "Who are you?"
Miles: "I am Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

I'm a little shocked that they didn't save Spider-Verse for the MCU.

The MCU would be Tony-Verse because Holland Peter is a little bitch who can't carry his own movie.

Miles: You’re Spider-Man? No I’m Spider-Man?
Peter: No I’m Spider-Man too. Bit by a spider and a also a man. I’m Peter Parker.
Miles: But Peter is dead.
Peter: Dead? Like buried in ground dead? That sort of dead?
Miles: Yes, that sort of dead.
Peter: So not dead in a “lmao so funny I’m dead” way?
Miles: Yes, like funeral and mourning dead, but not morning like in a wake up way, mourning as in a sad grief way.
Christ why’d they get Bendis to write?

If hardy is venom why isnt donald glover the prowler, he played aarpm davis in homecoming

God damn it Hollywood, stop putting unreleased songs in your trailers...

That's why Tony was in the movie of a total of 15 minutes.

Is that also why iron man was on a majority of the posters and trailers, the main villain has a grudge against stark, and the final battle involved stealing stark inventory from a stark plane moving to a different stark location?

Really can't say I like Miles designs, his suit is fine the way it is and didn't need to be touched, and I know it's a comic-book-cartoon-make-believe movie, but not one part of me believes the hair they've given him fits in his mask, and Prowler looked fairly cheezy.

But their design choices aside, I have hopes for the movie, love the look they've gone with making it look like a cross between stop-animation puppets, and full CGI.

>what is marketing
>what is carrying over plots