When girls are free to choose whoever they want to be, we all win. Wait. What?

When girls are free to choose whoever they want to be, we all win. Wait. What?

youtube.com/watch?v=MYZ35aIs75g

Sonic?

DC really is desperate for any kind of audience, aren't they?

Aren't the Superhero Girls one of their most popular non comic franchises?

DC Super Hero Girls makes crazy bank, man.

The dolls are way more popular than you'd think, and toys are where the real money is.

Shouldn't it be when all people may choose what they want to be, not just girls? DC is so moronic for making lines exclusively male-only or female-only. Why can't that have a superhero team with an even gender split (like Teen Titans)?

The fact that wonder woman is wearing pants disturbs me.

Are you really asking that in a world where we differentiate between action figures and dolls?

I haven't seen any evidence that it is OR isn't successful. The closest thing is that article where someone working for DC specluated before release that it *could be* a billion dollar franchise or something.

How does a bunch of fictional characters dictate who someone is "allowed to be" in the first place?
Failing that, how does feminizing the franchise based on stereotypes create "equality"?

>Why can't that have a superhero team with an even gender split (like Teen Titans)?
Whenever I argue this, I get attacked by both feminist and MRAs. It's the same when I argue that you can enjoy a show about characters of the opposite gender. I eventually stopped arguing after it became obvious I'm fighting for something nobody wants.

what the fuck are these bodies??

The people who troll around specifically looking to get triggered, MRA, feminist or otherwise, are not representative of the overall market. Most people would be fine with a split genders show/comic if it was entertaining

>Marvelfags shit up a thread with their shitty company wars
Can’t you cucks stay in your Black Panther containment threads?

>GASP! How dare women have their own superhero team! They should be in the kitchen making sandwiches! Only boys can have their own teams!

>Only boys can have their own teams!
Name one team-based series currently running that only has men on the team.

TMNT

*mic drop*

April O'Neil.

The difference between the two is that all-male teams are recognized as a flaw that's made up for in other qualities, like good writing, etc.

With all-female teams, not only are they used as the selling point more than half the time, but the inequality is somehow seen as progressive.

That, and there are few teams nowadays that don't have at least a token female character.

I agree. It’s worse than the holocaust. How dare all female teams exist.

Girls are icky

It's the designs they use for LEGO lines that are supposed to appeal more to girls.
You can see it in their Elves line and other older stuff.
I'm looking at a catalogue I still have from 06, but they just have names like #5940 Doll House.

oh sure, red head jumpsuit is my favorite ninja turtle!

I could say the same about you.

>currently running
>posts team from '81

DC is sexist against Males! Why can’t there be animated work focused on Males! This is discrimination!

Why does Wildcat look like the cosplay of Goofy's son? You know the one.

It's kind of relevant, but why can't toy companies learn from Lego? They were on board with gender neutral toys back in the 1980's but have now divided their line due to boys wanting one thing and girls wanting another. It's probably why DC Superhero Girls exist, it's DC accepting girls wanting something different from boys.

I'm not really one of those hardcore feminists or anything but to be fair this is actually a franchise aimed specifically at young girls and not shoehorned feminist agenda in an otherwise apolitical piece of media.

They went out of their way to get third party help from feminists, which is quite pathetic for professional creators.