Yet another TMNT thread

this
let's hope for this
I also fucking HAAAAAAAAAAATE the fact they using some magic-powered weapons.
Turtles always used their cunning skills and just a regular wood/steel weapons. like real ninjas.
Not some retarded "durr hurr magical PURPLE SWORD XDD".
fuck this shit man

I kind of feel that the designers of this trying to do the same as designers of Star Wars - completely throwing away old fans/canons/fanbase. By doing hard as fuck changes (raph is a hulking retard but also a leader, magical weapons, powerful black woman, hamster splinter/etc)
Hope they will fail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zTJnjc-Xhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>
>
those are people hoping for the show being not very popular. Or even getting cancelled soon after air

2k3 turtles had magic weapons during a whole season and it wasn't even one of the bad seasons.

I don't understand the weapon changes, at all. They're basically part of their identities, as much as the color coded masks.

How so?

It's always been
>Leo with twin swords
>Mikey with Nunchaku
>Donnie with the staff
>Raph with twin sais
All of which are closely associated with each character, and visual distinctions between them just like their colors. You could also argue each weapon reflects their personality (disciplined, manic, creative, and brutal). This is like if Batman stopped using Batarangs. Of course this isn't the show's biggest problem. They already made Raph the leader for whatever reason. They being different for the sake of being different

I theorize in a matter similar to NuPPG having green lantern powers, the change in weapons exist as a means to diminish violence and reduce the age rating. Tonfa have no points. They can't stab, so when fight scenes occur, the only thing that can do anything beyond batter someone is Leo's sword which I'd bet money has some kind of magic that keeps it from having to cut. Of course, you can't just change one turtles weapon as that's pretty jarring, so you change everyone, just enough.

Teenage Mutant Nerfed Turtles

They're the world's most pleasant hugging team

So Raphael is the leader in this show, is this by any case a refference to the movie song? where they get it wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=1zTJnjc-Xhg

>EVERYTHING HAS TO BE THE SAME ALWAYS WAAAAAA

Pretty sure it's more of Wolverine and the X-Men thing, where the most popular one gets promoted to a spot that doesn't suit them and the minds behind the product not really understanding what made them oh so popular in the first place.

Other than that line, I enjoy that song. Good for montage-feeling workouts. That and most of the Turtle in Time tunes.

>Snapping turtle
>no beak

Fuck this mess

If you're going to keep recycling ideas then you should atleast keep the parts people like.

You know I gotta say despite the circumstances it's great that Cred Forums has been having so many tmnt threads

Ehhhhhhh I mean it wasn't 6 and 7, and it did have good closure but you gotta admit it did have problems

W&Xmen was a good show though, if it had gotten a second season it might have gotten to be a great show

these dubs don't lie

>I kind of feel that the designers of this trying to do the same as designers of Star Wars - completely throwing away old fans/canons/fanbase. By doing hard as fuck changes

No, they just don't care about you. The franchise these days exists primarily to sell toys to little kids, the toys weren't selling enough so they throw out whatever plans and start from scratch, it's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I don't think enough of the adult Turtles fandom buys toys to warrant being catered to, and even if they do, they would probably just appeal to your nostalgia and sell you toys based on the original comic, cartoon, or movie, and STILL try something new with an unrelated cartoon to try and appeal to the kids now

Whether or not it was, that's the idea. I thought it was just so-so.

Yes but at least the show established that it's weird that logan was leader, and gave a damn good reason why scott couldn't be leader, which this piece of shit isn't doing

Well when you put it that way at least it's not a fucking grappling hook

Yeah, but that was in-show explanation but the reason they actually went that way was because they just wanted to push popular boy. Not sure what justification they'll use for this show, guessing switched identies, but it'll still won't feel right.

yes and what I'm saying is that JUSTIFIES it

As long you get what I'm also saying. I think we can put the matter to rest.

>11 min eps
It's worse than I thought

>Raph: voiced by nig
>Leo: voiced by whitey
>Mikey: voiced by nig
>Donatello: voiced by whitey

What does this mean?

>Nephew: Uncle Ron why did they change the designs? They look totally gay lol

>Me: Eh, give it chance this fall maybe you'll like it

>Nephew: If it sucks you owe me 50 bucks old man!

>Me: Ugh fine, If I'm right you mow my lawn, backyard, and clean my attic for a month

>Nephew: Fucking hell... Okay deal...

I may lose this bet...

agreed

that's also when I just completely gave up on giving this fucking show the benefit of the doubt

cringe