Hollwood Musicians vs Anime Musicians

What makes your average animu composer better than someone like Hans Zimmer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IEfQ_9DIItI
youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM
youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=MuAGGZNfUkU
youtube.com/watch?v=7fvFIJpZmZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing does because they're not. Don't be a fucking retard.

Yeah same.

Feels like animu composers draw on more styles AND instruments in comparison to Hollywood which give their music a lot more variation and character whereas Hollywood especially feels very one-note a lot of the time (only ever drawing on orchestral+le epic latin choirs, or something like sad violin/piano).

I think what you mean to say is that Hollywood music is melody memery.
In short it's catchy trash.

>In short it's catchy trash.
But that's exactly what I adore about my favourite anime OSTs.

Guess so. At least within animu, composers tend to really own their style like OP's pic. Sawano's stuff may be bombastic and probably as hollywood-esque as anime music will get, it never blends in and still feels unique to Hollywood stuff.

no problem with that, there's a reason pop music is popular

youtube.com/watch?v=IEfQ_9DIItI

They are not and with this i'm not saying they are bad but they are not as good as Hollywood ones.

There isn't a single anime composer that even comes close to the level of guys like James Horner, Maurice Jarre and Ennio Morricone, besides Joe Hisaishi.

More variety than Hollywood.

That's both a good, and a bad thing.

because Hollywood musics are fucking trash
even anime shit is better than that garbage

How is having more variety bad?

Not him but I'd assume he means variety in both style and skill level.

>more variety
>j-pop shit
Good one.

>begging the question
>guaranteed replies
I hate this place

>replies are upvotes
You are welcome to leave.

Think of it as a "trick of all trades, master of none" thing. Yes, there are composers which deliver each time, but there are a lot of half-assed soundtracks out there as well.

Hollywood is mainly consistent in its' thing, but the lack of variety plays against it. Orchestra, piano and guitars get old after a while. The composition doesn't differ much between movies.

>includes james Horner, the most well-known plagiarist in all of Hollywood
>Doesn't even mention John FUCKING Williams
>Chooses Hisaishi, a self-admitted minimalist musician, of all the fucking orchestral music composers in anime

Fucking kill yourself shit eater.

youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM

tldw; blame Zimmer and his computers

The real irony is that Zimmer makes far more memorable music than 90% of modern Hollywood, it's the reason people will always remember his Batman and Inception scores over whatever the fuck is in those Marvel or Michael Bay movies.

Who are you quoting?

all modern Hollywood music sound the same

What an interesting yet depressing video. Ending was great.

But he did music for anime as well.

as all hollywood films are the same. Same characters, same temp, same pace, same events, almost the same script. There are like 5-10 movies that they rehashing over and over.
So the problem is deeper.

>Chooses Hisaishi, a self-admitted minimalist musician, of all the fucking orchestral music composers in anime
You're a complete idiot

all the same things can be said about mediocre games and animu as well. Capitalism is afraid of creativity and new. They don't need to produce new content or challange ideas, they need to make money. Plane and simple as it is. So in order to stay profitable the better strategy is to make something bland that people are already used to. Retards see something familiar, recognizable - retards pay.
To be creative is not worth the risk in the eyes of profit-making companies.

Zimmer acts more like a music director than a composer these days.

It's other composers in his studio that are doing the real work.

His studio has this huge sound library and collection of short musical phrases that the interns would put them together to make a track for Zimmer.

>Feels like animu composers draw on more styles AND instruments in comparison to Hollywood which give their music a lot more variation and character whereas Hollywood especially feels very one-note a lot of the time (only ever drawing on orchestral+le epic latin choirs, or something like sad violin/piano).

Case point:

Yeah deeper than Ground Zero and Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

There's actually a solid rebuttal of that video

youtube.com/watch?v=UcXsH88XlKM&t=0s

Here's a little fun fact: Hans Zimmer actually produced the music for Blood+.

Horner was a better composer anyway. All of his soundtracks despite being very different in style always incorporated his signature horn motif. His soundtracks for the Mask of Zorro and Enemy at the Gates were the work of sheer mastercraft.

As silly as the shows are, Death Note,TTGL, and Code Geass have top 100 GOAT soundtrack material in all seriousness

Do Marvel film even have a common theme song? Cause that's what I iniatially thought when he asked at the beginning.
Not that the other examples don't get praised for their music all the time anyway.

>star wars
>mahvel
i love disney soundtracks

I love how this guy is constantly compared to Zimmer despite them barely sounding similar at all. Particularly when I watched Interstellar I was thinking how exactly these two sounded similar again.

In anyway Cred Forums really needs to learn more composers aside from the ones Sony crams down it's throats.

It's mainly 95% of comic book movies and action blockbusters seem to have the same non-descript "get hype" sound track. Watch more different kinds of movies

Composers like John Williams make iconic tracks people can hum 40 years after they come out

Sawano wasn't even born 40 years ago. How much of his music will you be humming 40 years from now?

His franchises hasn't been dragged out and rehashed for decades again and again

Jpop has nothing to do with this

This is kind of a unbalanced topic since Cred Forums knows nothing about anime music composer other than the ones they heard often.

Nice rebuttal, get back to me when you watch more than 5 anime.

Basically with budgets this big they have play it safe.
Anime composers can fuck around more.

>Hans Zimmer
At least the guy's better than most one trick pony Hollywood shit composer, dude.

Sawano's music all sounds the same.

Are you retarded

But zimmer worked on anime

>Inception

Nothing but fucking boat horns

I was so pissed when that won best soundtrack over How to Train your Dragon

youtube.com/watch?v=MuAGGZNfUkU

>Every Frame A Painting
I was expecting this and wasn't disappointed, my nigga. Should've also posted the previous video of his too.

Williams is the best-known plagiarist.

>the video got posted later more than once
Don't mind me I was being retarded.

>anime composers better than Hollywood composers like Hans Zimmer
>posts fucking Sawano, the Hans Zimmer of anime
Kill yourself.

Do people on here tend to think Joe Hisaishi is better than Ryuichi Sakamoto?

Ryuichi Sakamoto. He won an Oscar for The Last Emperor and has composed for The Revenant, Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, and Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise.

Hisaishi and Sakamoto are too different to compare. Hisaishi is more melodic and upbeat while Sakamoto is more mellow and somber. Both are powerful composers though.

youtube.com/watch?v=7fvFIJpZmZA

Nobuo Uematsu

>tfw you'll never be as cool as Ryuichi Sakamoto

What about western TV show OSTs since anime isn't focused only on feature length films? Can you remember melodies from those?

Yoko Kanno.

>Sawano just rinses his SnK style.
Piece of shit, He could have been so good.

Agreed. He peaked after Gundam Unicorn.

He composes for the same sort of Aniplex action shit show original pretty much every single time now so it's more like being run into the ground s over a matter of month's and yet brain dead anime fans still suck his dick like his just the most amazing and fresh composer

>american turd is better than japanese turd

How about you just listen to what sounds good to you and leave it at that?

after?

Yeah NnT and Thunderbolt Fantasy totally have that kind of OST

Think before posting.

>Yeah NnT and Thunderbolt Fantasy totally have that kind of OST
They do. So much shit from him gets reused from Unicorn

Yeah so you didn't even listen to them

>Nothing but fucking boat horns

So you've never seen the movie and are just using its trailer as a representation of the whole thing?