Is your body ready?

Is your body ready?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-16/director-hideaki-anno-discusses-shin-godzilla-sequel-prospects/.106523

>In response to all of this, Anno said, "As for me, I'm good." He added, "It'd be more interesting if they changed directors. TOHO won't let me do it. There'd be a lot of difficulties."

>Anno also responded to a remark from an audience member saying that he/she would wait as long as it took for the fourth Rebuild of Evangelion film. He first thanked the audience, and then said, "I'll work hard on it. As a matter of fact, I'm already working hard on it."

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/14-1/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-discusses-rei-versus-asuka
youtube.com/watch?v=DvFEspENxIU
youtube.com/watch?v=UTEjgJ7YCgI
youtube.com/watch?v=3WkxVHyzivg
youtube.com/watch?v=oJm0JL9TAec
youtu.be/kJwRJpvcvY4
youtu.be/kfa7sHkH7vg
youtu.be/iid9h3WvDtA
youtu.be/Q3UJOhxdv9Q
youtu.be/SJqwMu9kuRg
youtube.com/watch?v=0aclfiJ0W4U
youtube.com/watch?v=AzkLLHf_YCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes yes it is

How's that news? Work is in progress? That doesn't meant shit.

its better than what he said a few years ago. Which went along the lines of
> Im tired gona work on something new see you in 4 to 6 years

After 3:0 you can tell eva is just a cash grab that focus on the crappy convoluted nonsensical lore of the series.

Three movies and they still did nothing with Mari should tell you something about their approach to this shit show

It could be three hours of asuka waiting for a bus and I would watch it.

this clearly shows that youve either watched the series a long time ago or didnt really pay attention to it when you watched it. 3.0 was hated as it moved away from the fan pandering which was 2.0 but it brought back the feel of evangelion, the uncomfortable feel that EoE brought

>Evangelion Shin Gekijōban :||, or Evangelion: 3.0+1.0. The ":||" at the end of the Japanese title is meant to be the symbol used in music to denote repetition after reaching the end of a measure.
>3.0+1.0 is literally 3.0 with half and hour of new footage
>Anno shenanigans again.

I'm amazed. It's taken 4 years for people to finally begin to see this.

The same poster yet again. GTFO if you dont actually

The ":||" is evidence that anno is going to return to what is familiar with evangelion. Instead of the avant garde shit that was 3.0

yea but it doesnt mean that people prefer feeling uncomfortable. I just want my dinner party with rei

>Evangelion not avant garde
Get out

the lack of brains in this individual is astounding.
What i meant was the move away from the the chartered territory of the original series settings and into NEW avant garde shit with 3.0. Not saying that the originals or the first 2 movies were not avant garde, you fuckwit

When Godzilla premiered he already apologised for doing other shit and making eva take a backseat but that he'd be working on it going forward.

Well, comfort was never the point of evangelion, you have tons of slice of life shows for your healing.

>New is bad
>Make it what I want it to be

exactly thats what makes the cliche moments even more exciting and enjoyable. Its like finding a bottle of water in the middle of a desert compared to a bottle of water in a water park

Shinji Asuka sexual encounter when

the clear lack of understanding and cognitive processing skills is seeping through you little fuckwit. No body said that they wanted Evangelion to be what they want instead the poster just gave his interpretation of the The ":||" in the title you fucking idiot

>Pretentious writing.
>Get called out on being a faggot.
Leave user, make a garden, post results next year.

literally no reply of any substance. Better luck next time and brush up on yr english

Soon

>Shinji snaps during sex
>Breeding like bunnies

>every thrust brings a new Impact

Not even same user but get off your phone Nokia-san. You're typing like a retard.

>the uncomfortable feel that EoE brought

Is this what you tell yourself to justify the shitty writing 3? How delusional can you be to think it was a good film or that it got any closer to the essence of EoE?

Ha ha! This time Asuka masturbates over a comatose Shinji!

>Evangelion
>relevant in 2016

Pick one.

Haha molestation

evajellyon was great because of the characters, EoE has the entire TV series leading up to it and the weird shit are just a bonus.

3.0 is just style over substance dogshit.

Haha maybe asuka could pounce on shinji and restrain his arms with the help of rei so they can hold him down for a gangbang where Misato teaches them how to please a man haha

I feel nothing but pity for the ones who are actually waiting for this future turd.

P'shaw. You clearly also feel contempt for them. You don't have to lie to make friends.

How is that alternative universe going on, user?

Eva peaked with EoE. Rebuild series has always been a waste because Anno either doesn't care or lost his ability.

I hope we get sequel to that new godzilla movie.

Eva peaked with dance like you want to win

>You clearly also feel contempt for them
Nah, they don't make enough noise for that.

Make it stop, when will Eva die?!

MEMBER EVANGELION?

Reminder EVA is garbage and Anno is an obnoxious hack.

Never.

One does have to wonder about the intelligence of those who hate a certain thing, yet repeatedly expose themselves to it. You don't see superman eating kryptonite and bitching.

All you little children evangelion peaked with 2.22

That literally doesn't make sense because it's not the same thing I think.

Actually it peaked with the TV ending. EoE is already shit.

Not entirely, but half of it is just spoonfeedery to people who can't figure something out unless other people tell them.

Everything you needed was in the show from the get go.

i personally liked 2.22 mainly due to shinji saving rei and rei having development.

>people actually defend 3.33 now

Wew

>Watched 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 a few months ago for the first time
>Only have vague memories of it
wew

I've always defended it. You faggots just wanted more action and hot-blooded Shinji doing something like 2.22. Just go watch Gundam or some shit.

but hot blooded shinji is the shit yo

No, we wanted characterizations that weren't one-dimensional in order to appeal to moefags. I fucking hate Asuka but I at least acknowledged that, in the series, she was a really well written character with compelling motivations. In 3.33 she's all cunt, no substance. The same goes for Rei in the opposite direction. At least in EoE her burgeoning autonomy wound up being Gendo's ultimate downfall. In 3.33, even when compared to her soulless clone version in the series, she has absolutely no use to the plot outside of her interactions with Shinji and Gendo. Plus, Misato and Ritsuko are absolutely nothing, save for heaping on more unreasonable hatred on Shinji. The fact that they handwaved the Children to be stuck physically at 14 year olds is a clear indicator of who the movie was meant to appeal to and it suffers because of it.

Well, Shinji didn't age because he was in a moon coma, Rei is a clone so naturally she doesn't age, and Asuka is cursed. What doesn't make sense about that?

you know for all the shit that eva 3.33 and the rest of the rebuilds are is i really cant hate the entire rebuilds solely on the fact that rei has abundant character development and actually becomes an interest in the continuity

The series is a metaphore for Otaku stagnation.
I hope Anno calls them out for being the degenerates they are.

Asuka was always a cunt despite my love for her.

3.0 wouldn't be so bad if they didn't waste so much time on Shinji and Kaworu.

Asuka was a glorious wild mustang. To tell the truth though, Asuka and Rei had the same problems, but were just the inverse of each other. Where Asuka keeps people from getting close to her by lashing out with her claws and teeth like a wild kitty, Rei is more like the timid stray kitty that you slowly have to coax towards you with time.

Both are the inverse obviously, even down to their colour schemes.

this desu

no. EoE never really got bogged down in the retarded lore shite. really you could ignore it. it just used it as a platform for lunatic visual fuckery.

Shinji ikari raising project anime adaptation when

Asuka was a cunt of the highest caliber and I will always consider the worst girl in anything but at least her bitchiness made sense in the series. What's her motivation in Rebuild outside of a superficial desire to be the best? We don't know because it was never fucking expanded. They chose to spend more time featuring her in action scenes and giving her a new outfit.

Instead of pointing to the flaws of the show how about its strong points? REI

love this meme. you actually prefer milquetoast, poorly written "existential" dialogue with re-used no-budget visuals to something with crazy ambition like EoE

Rebuild had good fight scenes and that was about it. What's one strong point weighed against a dozen weak ones?

I can't wait.
I hate Mari, I hate a lot of the decisions, I think the Rebuilds are clearly inferior, but I have not been bored while watching and have rewatched them multiple times.
As long as 3+1 is high quality fucking with us I'll be glad.

asuka replacing toji in the possession scene was good
piano stuff in 3.33 was really good and you can tell that's the stuff anno was really passionate about
2.22 in general is a really good dumb action movie desu

I was pointing out the strong points. Asuka is a glorious mustang. That's a good thing.

It was able to use the budget limitations to make it better. It was actually pretty amazing to see.

I'm sorry you can only obtain amusement from shiny robot battles, but as long as you are content.

3.0 was just pandering trash, you doorknob.

Why do you need to invent some sort of fake narrative to excuse how shit it was?

"oh boo hoo it was hated because it wasn't pandering"

You fucking retard. Mainstream critics and non-otaku trashed the movie for being unintelligble gibberish, and we both know why: It relied entirely on making references, obscure and unobscure to otaku works and sensibilities.

Get fucking real:

You can't put kaworuxshinji on the cover, drop all character development and give us half a movie or more embedding kawoshin elements into the story and then claim "this is not pandering".

I liked that too because no one really gave a damn about toji.

>shiny robot battles
>EoE

there was one at the beginning and that was it. that wasn't even the best part and its still way better than anything in the cheesy feelgood TV ending

>What's her motivation in Rebuild outside of a superficial desire to be the best? We don't know because it was never fucking expanded. They chose to spend more time featuring her in action scenes and giving her a new outfit.

That's because Rebuild from 3.0 forward went full steam into being an Asuka-pandering otaku work. Being an Asuka fan really is a lot about that superficial desire to be the best.

That is what 3.0 delivers to them.

Before any Asuka fan flares up in defense mode: It's fucking true and you know it. It's about time we started being clear. You're not alone, a lot of other fandoms are this, they only want their "fave" to "win".

Reifags are like this, Misatofags are like this, and Kaworufags are like this. It's one of the most normal things I've observed over 20 years.

Lmao. One robot fight. It's like you never even watched the movie that you claim to love so much.

there's asuka v the mass produced evas

what else?

asuka was barely in it m8

And because it makes more sense than that angel taking out both Asuka and Rei so easily.

The one where you shut the fuck up and leave me alone.

best scene in the tv show was the bit with asuka playing sega silently and her mate looking on worriedly. sums up nerd life really. bravo anno

you could have at least said Asuka vs military, it'd be reaching real hard, but you could keep the appearance of not being completely wrong.

Doesn't need to be there for long to pander.

All the best scenes involve asuka. Rei's only scene that comes close is old hag.

>Asuka yelling at shinji in the kitchen
>bathtub
>various strangles
>her whole childhood
>look at me kaji

She just steals the show.

Objectively? No, Rei stole the show by being 10x as popular.

>not shinji encountering rei naked in her apartment
>not rei sacrificing herself to defeat armisael

Uh, those are rei moments and thusly not the best, even if they are decent. Asuka's sacrifices are even better.

Anime fans are immensely fucking stupid compared to what they were even a few years ago. Crunchyroll and a bunch of shitty hype trainwreck shows brought in a terrible generation of fans that don't give a shit about anything other than their hype and cute girls. It's like every terrible stereotype that has ever been attributed to anime fans and otaku is what the current fanbase desperately seeks to embody for real now.

My favorite scene is Asuka rambling like crazy about Shinji and Rei just leaving the room.
It makes me laugh every time

That whole episode where she breaks down is my second favourite.

Funny how in the end all Asuka wanted was never to be saved by Shinji or get help from anyone. Well, she got her wish in the end.

Isn't that what all the characters wanted?
Even his own fucking dad

It's just really good at showing how fucked up the situation is

Kaworu begged to be saved by Shinji

Oh misread it, overlooked the "never".
To me it looked like everyone put everything on Shinji, everyone used Shinji as an outlet for their own problems, let alone forcing a mentally stunted kid to pilot a biological godlike entity.

Remember when this was supposed to end in 2012?

>he thinks the kaworu show was anything comparable to EoE

Quite frankly this

It should have

It should have ended before 2015 at least

>1300 asuka doujins
>900 rei doujins
sure

no srsly rei is the most popular character in NGE

I'm planning on watching 1.11 2.22 and 3.33 over the next 2 weeks.
I've been laying off them because I haven't really found the time and I heard although the visuals are nice the movies don't live up to the original in terms of characters and overall writing.
Is my evangelion experience going to get defiled if I watch these movies?
Or should I just go ahead and watch them?
What should I expect?
I dunno if I'm going to find anything that tops EoE though.

Should have ended in 2010.

Just how weak is your brain? Go watch them you faggot, decide for yourself if you want to ignore them.

Asuka or rei? If your favourite character is rei then the rebuilds until 3.0 would be a fantastic treat.

Unless your one of these "RUINED MUH CHILDHOOD" people who for some reason can't watch new media without relating it to old media, you'll be fine.

But set your expectations wayyyyy lower

I can't believe you've done this

rebuilds have the best song at the end

can't believe i did what. Its true, the originals were asuka centric and the rebuilds are rei centric

I still don't understand what happened in 3.33

>rebuilds
>good for Rei
Up to 2, they were okay.

3 fucked the character so hard I don't see it ever coming back

>Whether you're sleeping or awake,
>You just dream of shounen manga. Don't you like yourself?
Real subtle there Anno

She doesn't even appear in 3.
And I'm intrigued by the apparent telepathy black rei has

why was misato such a bitch in 3.33? She was part of the one cheering him during 2.22

the visors are because he keeps getting blood on his megane. those visors see through blood

Because she apparently doesn't have the introspection capabilities she had in the original series.

I like to just take those two characters for what they are.
I haven't really grown overly attached to them, although I did feel empathy for Asuka when she got pierced by the lance of longinus, where ever the fuck that came from, after the credits it's back on the moon.
I only just watched the series for the first time earlier this year, after watching EoE I can't look at NGE without feeling slightly unsettled because of the terrible fate that awaits all the characters.

You missed how unsettling it is the other way round
>why is everything going so wrong? it was so lighthearted

It's been 4 years already? What the fuck?

The key is understanding the symbolism in the cassette player. it represents Hope

no this is the key

Two iterations of Rei in the originals means we are due one more in the rebuilds yet.

I mean, you know what I mean. Three in the original.

this analysis is flawed.

I don't expect less from 4. Of course we are getting more Reis, and a real messed up impact too.

No it's perfect you are wrong.

explain it then. And i will in turn go into exposition about the cassette tape

Didn't you see the picture? Do you not know the answer to the riddle?

one entity would give rise to another just like the juxtaposition of rei and asuka. what else

I think that's the whole thing, you just said it in a really complicated manner.

he probably just drew a nose and came crawling back to his wife complaining about how hard life is

>She doesn't even appear in 3.

Yeah she does, in the form of such great moments as

"Where the fuck is Rei? She was set up for develoment for christ sake she's a major character"
"Hi, we're WILLE and fuck you for caring about Rei, we won't even say she's dead, only that she doesn't exist."
"No seriously, where the actual fuck is Rei"
"Hi, I'm Rei "Every Rei-haters dream" Q, now watch me act like a complete fucking retard and an actual fuckpuppet. Subtle travesty? What is subtle?"
"Hey man, I'm your bro Fuyutsuki here just lettin' ya know Rei is a clone of your MOM LOL, also she's not special in any way just a regular ol' clone, yep. We make them by the dozens, and by the way your mom's maiden name is Ayanami, we want to make sure nothing about Rei is original after all."
"Forgot to tell ya she's stuck in the eva like you mom, hint hint nudge nudge."
"Ya hay, my name is Kaworu and I endorse this message by also adding that she literally has no soul."

Rebuild was written by someone who hates Rei deeply and irrationally.

That's genius. As expected from the master.

Otaku buy/create doujins.

Otaku aren't 100% of the NGE/Eva audience population. Anno is mad at not just otaku but JAPAN for choosing Rei over his oh-so-precious waifu Asuka.

Honestly aside from the Ayanami thing(which is fucking nonsense) I think most of that was made to fuck with Shinji and destroy the last thing that he cared about and was known to him.

I think you're full of fucking shit and you went in defensive mode, you fucking lard.

Fuck you and your rei-hating ass.

Jesus christ, someone's paranoid.
> you went in defensive mode
and projecting

rei-hating faggot confirmed. Fuck off.

It's made to ruin Rei's character, and Shinji's disappointment with it and reactions are also supposed to affect the audience by associating Rei with disappointment.

Essentially the whole narrative is SCREAMING "Hey, you want to like Rei or something? FUCK YOU, YOU SHOULD LIKE MY FAVORITES INSTEAD. LOOK AT SHINJI, THIS IS YOU, OKAY? THIS IS WHAT I'LL DO IF YOU LIKE REI, I'LL RUIN THE WHOLE WORLD AND MAKE EVERYONE HATE YOU, AND THEN SHIT ON REI".

It's Anno on a power-trip, and get this: It is the only thing that makes sense.

You can't simply reduce simple, consistent actions into something like "hur, he just fukn with Shinji". It's like saying the nazis were attacking poland and france because " they wanted to fuck with people who liked poland and france. Nuh uh, not that simple.

Comparing EoE to 3.0 is somewhat of an insult, and I don't even consider myself a fan.

Still hoping for 3.0+1.0 to fuck everything up and top it (at least visually), but I highly doubt that'll happen.

The lore is great, i hope they focus more on that in the next film.

It's not implausible that he might be more interested in the emotional journey of his protagonist than a hate boner for a side character

So still fucking with Shinji but with Shinji representing a reifag?

Eva peaked with Rei's smile. Everything after that is completely unnecessary desu.

What, Godzilla will be playing piano for 2 hours?

It's not plausible since an emotional journey needs to be well-represented and believable - the only emotional journey represented by rebuilds is the disappointment of a poor story.

Stop saying it's implausible and grow up. It's been 20 years and Anno has consistently been mad at Rei's popularity, and this is his doing something about it.

Partly, yes. The goal not being fucking with Shinji, but with Reifags. The consequence being ruining every other character, subplot and development simply just to do that.

This is it. The hateboner for rei theory doesn't even make sense, it only seems to have pissed off one very persistent autist on Cred Forums and that's about it.

>it doesn't make sense
t. damage-controlling asukafag

It's interesting to see how much the base character design have changed over the years. Personally I think 1.0 Rei is her best design, but the one you posted is 2cute.

And you guys doubt annos pottery

Holy shit. sasuga the master

Pure fucking conspiracy theory.
Anno might have a bias but I'll wait for the last movie to make my judgement on whether he has fallen so low as to make waifufaggotry the main point of the rebuilds.

Except it makes all the sense in the world, and the only ones who claim otherwise are eva-fans who dislike Rei for some arbitrary reason.

You included.

Anno's hateboner for Rei is well documented since the 90's, and has been a persistent subject and topic among fans everywhere since then. There's a handful of "does anno really hate Rei" or "why does anno hate Rei" topics on virtually every eva forum.

Watching NGE doesn't give you that impresssion, but picking up post-NGE stuff does, not to mention interviews Anno has made.

Denying at this point, when it was ten years ago a prime argument from Asuka fans against Rei, is simply them/you waking up and realizing what implications your statements have made. I've seen far too many "Anno wants you to like Asuka, not Rei, therefore you did not get NGE" comments.

Touji was literally my favorite NGE character. Fight me faggot.

shinji still had the player during 3.0.

truely a work of art

Pure fucking damage control.

We've been at this for 20 years. You are not allowed to run away by saying you'll wait.

So can you stop being such an asshole? What you're doing by going full denial on something PATENTLY OBVIOUS

You're like the people who deny that Hillary has a health problem, even when she fucking collapses on the way to her van.

You're saying the equivalent of "I'll wait for Hillary to die before I acknowledge the facts before me."

WHICH MEANS THE REI FROM 2.0 IS NOT DEAD

Rei Q is no soul because her soul is in Rei from 2.0

that really is interesting. i never knew

There's nothing that the last rebuild could do that would convince you that they are fucking up the story for a different reason? Or even that are right, but hating rei is not the main and only reason?

now i see

>that are right
*you are right

So why is it the cassette player?

i have never seen someone so retarded before.

The only conspiracy theory is thinking that Anno isn't a full waifufag. Basically Asukafags/Kaworufags will attack the idea full on because it implies that their fandom is shallow. They are currently enjoying a period of time where Asuka and Kaworu are objectively better treated than Rei by a large margin, something the fandom has wanted ever since it manifested itself proper after NGE.

You think Anno hasn't fallen to waifufaggotry? READ HIS FUCKING INTERVIEWS. NO ONE BUT A FULL WAIFUFAG WOULD ACTUALLY COMMENT IN THE WAY HE DOES.

"Grr, Japan likes Rie therefore Japan sucks", or "I don't care about Rei at all" when asked about something else, and also when he's asked his favorite, he answers that everyone in Japan likes Rei because they can't handle strong women.

His ONLY comment about the reaction to current EVA? That the relation of popularity between Asuka and Rei changed.

So fucking deal with it already. Anno is a huge otaku and I mean it, HUGE. He's got waifushit like pantsu strikers or whatever on his desk.

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/14-1/evangelion-creator-hideaki-anno-discusses-rei-versus-asuka

>As well as:
The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all.

In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot.

Episode 6 was too early.

>At the end Rei says "I don't know what to do," and Shinji says, "I think you should smile," and Rei smiles. ... Afterwards, when I thought about it, I cursed. In short, if she and Shinji completely "communicated" there, then isn't she over with? At that moment, Rei, for me, was finished.

>When she smiled, she was already finished, this character.

You all are seriously retarded

That's really nice actually

lol whatever. You're doing neon genesis wrong then.

Because its an artifact left by his father, a last vestige of the hope that shinji has left for the world and his father

>There's nothing that the last rebuild could do that would convince you that they are fucking up the story for a different reason? Or even that are right, but hating rei is not the main and only reason?

The last Rebuild? Absolutely nothing of course! Even if it took a full 180 turn, it wouldn't change the past. This is a place where Q's title's fits: YOU CAN (NOT) REDO. If we accept the not. Anno can have some change of heart, but what is done is done. If Hitler opened a holocaust survivor center, it wouldn't change the fact that he started the damned thing.

ARE YOU RETARDED ANNO SAID THAT HE HAS NO EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT TO REI

>As well as:
>The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all.

>In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot.

So you've deduced what his main driving force for these movies is based on a couple of offhand comments. You are a retard user.

nope i just discerned that he has no hate boner for rei. From an interview he had

It should also be noted that Shinji usually listens to the same tracks on loop, apparently track 25 and 26. When Mari crashes into Shinji she "breaks" the player, it now goes to track 27 which surprises Shinji.

The original Eva had 25 episodes, EoE being a different view on episodes 25 and 26.

It's symbolic of Anno moving on from Eva

3+1:|| never

>only one movie left and he still has to fix the mess that was 3.0
It's over, Evangelion is finished.

2 hours is plenty of time to finish things off.

>youtube.com/watch?v=DvFEspENxIU
>youtube.com/watch?v=UTEjgJ7YCgI
>Godzilla's magnum opus
BD announcement when? For real. I don't want another Gothicmade

Which translates to a nicer way of saying you hate the character.

Because how out of place is it to say that "i heff no emotional attachment beep boop" to a character?

You new or something?

Off-hand comments my ass. Try every comment - it's simply not normal for any director to say they "don't care" about a character. Nor is it normal to demonize the audience who likes said character.

We have, over the years deduced that Anno doesn't like the character OR it's fans based on these comments AND the works that came afterwards, and that includes Rebuild.

So you are either new or playing stupid. You can't watch Q and NOT think "wow, whoever wrote this hates Rei".

The Japanese trailer was better.
youtube.com/watch?v=3WkxVHyzivg

"we" get a load of this shit.

When someone doesn't like a character, they try to misrepresent it or represent it as worse than how it is. When they like it, the opposite happens.

So let's review Q:

>Rei is written out of the story, is presented as a dumb mom clone
>Asuka is presented as a stronk woman who kicks ass and takes names, is some sort of angel hybrid

Considering this conforms directly to Anno's own tastes, as his co-writer Tsurumaki's, we've figured this one out. You can't seriously think Anno isn't driven by bias in 2016.

>denial

what happened here guys?

3.0 was the highest quality fucking with us, and it's almost universally hated.

>His ONLY comment about the reaction to current EVA? That the relation of popularity between Asuka and Rei changed.

ahahahaha what did he say?

She's pregnant.

I'd love to see a series about them making their way in the world today, all alone in a totally fucked up world that somehow grew statues in the ocean.

Basically just that. He said that Asuka indeed is more popular now, and that they've "worked more with Asuka".

So many red flags here. Have they worked more with Asuka? Not in a visible way, her screentime is abysmal.

The only thing they could have worked on was by making her more popular.

Since it's been all the rage to hire "stemmer" expertise (hired shills to advertise/shitpost about anime), they could even have done that.

Anno explicitly asked her VA to say the same thing she would to a guy who jerked it off to her

I dunno the end of 2.22 seemed like a big love letter to Rei imo
ahahahaha Anno is a madman

Because Shinji fucked up and literally destroyed almost the entire world; forcing Misato and her pirate crew to live in a fucked up post-apocalyptic wasteland for years upon years, while everyone they knew and cared for had died.

She doesn't hate Shinji, she's just incredibly pissed at him, and his spineless presence riles her up, because he refuses to admit any fault whatsoever. She also doesn't want him to get in the fucking robot again and finish annihilating the entire planet.

>I dunno the end of 2.22 seemed like a big love letter to Rei imo
The thing is, this is the one part that wasn't Anno's idea.

Here's literally what happened: they invited some other guy (enokido), asked him what he wanted to do - and he spoke about saving Rei.

Anno's and the teams response was to look at him coldly for suggesting that.

Then they implemented it despite protests from Tsurumaki, an Asuka fan.

2.22 is nicer to Asuka than Rei all things considered.

>Because Shinji fucked up and literally destroyed almost the entire world

This is bullshit. Misato (and the viewer) knows for a fact that the end of the world was brought on by NERV and Misato moreso than anyone else.

For fucks sake man, watch the fucking show. NERV has literally obliterated half the globe before the show starts, and then planned doing it AGAIN. Shinji is at best the fall guy for something Gendo LITERALLY claims responsibility for.

She has no reason to be pissed at Shinji whatsoever, but from a narrative anti-rei perspective it makes sense, because then it'd mean than saving rei = everything is ruined.

lel any sources?

It's interesting how fan appeal shapes the creator's idea of a character. Rebuild has a lot of responses to how people have grown to like/dislike Asuka and Rei. I don't think it means either are objectively more beloved by Anno just because it appears that one is favored. Like he clearly took influence from how others feel.

she has one of the best lines in anything ever in EoE:
"It's just two depressed grown-ups licking each others wounds!"

> I don't think it means either are objectively more beloved by Anno just because it appears that one is favored.

Are you crazy? That's objectively what it means.

If Anno openly says his favorite is Asuka, and he openly criticizes people who doesn't like Asuka but likes Rei, then that is a huge fucking deal.

2.0 CRC

There is no such thing for 3.0. Because 3.0 was made to shit on Rei and pander Asuka/Kaworu, there is nothing to be said about it that wouldn't be a complete lie.

Hence the silence.

reading it right now

tsurumaki actually says they had to make an effort to make asuka more involved in the story
"she didn't decisively impact Shinji, Rei, or the others. To say it plainly, we had the feeling that she was becoming something like a character who only "made noise" at the side."
so it seems to me that rei and shinji were more the priority from the get go rather than something tacked on later

3.0 is the best rebuild

Rei got a lot of screentime in 2.0 though, the scene in the bath, her dinner attempts, her talk with Gendo... Meanwhile, Asuka gets a bland introduction and gets fucked up by Shinji after 50 minutes. Literally what gives you the idea that they cared for her?

Didn't you forget that Misato egged on Shinji to save Rei in the climax of 2.0?

More than anything else, she should be shamefully hiding inside a box in the middle of nowhere as Samuel L. Jackson looks after her from the outside, cooking meals and whatnot.

Anyhow, here's how I look at 3.0.

I tried to recapture the feel of the latter section of both NGE and EOE, but didn't really work as well as what came before.

Everyone's hatred of Shinji was so absurdly overwrought, it was borderline cartoonish, the garbage bin treatment of Rei was super disappointing after all of her development in 2.0, there was too many piano interludes and the entire "Curse of Evangelion" was shoehorned in so they wouldn't be assed to create designs for the pilots as adults, despite what their official explanation really was.

Still looking forward to the last film, but with caution.

No, that's not how it should be read. It should be read that yes, they are actually trying to involve Auska more.

Read some more, and you'll find that they specifically wrote Asuka to be portrayed as a "good person", this being a change.

The hard, cheap and uncomfortable truth is that IF, and I say IF, we are to cut something out of Evangelion, the fanservice-parts go first.

Now who is present in the fanservice parts the most? Asuka.

I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

The latter sections of NGE and more importantly, the last part of the story, has TONS of expositon, characterization and development. 3.33 doesn't.

It only went for pandering and shock value. Why is the hatred for Shinji so overwrought? Because he allegedly destroyed the world. Why did he do that? Because he wanted to save Rei.

So basically, this "anger" is directed squarely at the popularity of Rei and the Rei character.

>Reifags

How about the fact that from the get-go, Asuka is presented as a much milder, nicer person than the original?

In NGE she was someone who fucks up and couldn't take responsibility for it. In Rebuild? The complete opposite.

Asuka has gotten a strong, positive representation, and everything that went wrong was something she couldnt' be blamed for.

Not only has Asuka been made purely innocent, blameless, but they also surgically cut out her romantic affections for Kaji. Because we can't have the favorite doing something that's creepy or fucked up, or makes her look weird.

Asuka has as much screentime as Rei in 2.22, if not more.

But most of all, they literally said so. They outright said that they didn't want to hurt Asuka fans, on changing her surname.

If you ask me, 3.0 would've been far better if half of the crew on the Wunder treated Shinji as the second coming from Christ and the other half remained as they did in the actual film.

Could've created some great conflict, but nope. Gotta made things so caustic, b&w and goofy for the lulz.

If they had done that, then they couldn't put him together with Kaworu. Because why the fuck would Shinji care about Kaworu outside desperation?

They actually do have to "ruin" Rei and make the other characters antagonize (but not fully of course) so that Kaworu can enter the stage.

So yeah, Q actually killed the Rebuilds.

Honestly, I didn't even care for Kaworu in the original series all that much either.

Always felt like a shoehorned one episode character like Jet Alone to me.

In EoE shinji reseted the world to primordial soup and appears with Asuka.

This time the world truly ends?

Because that is literally what he is. He serves his role, just like Jet Alone. He's not a bad addition, in fact he's good. Like Jet Alone.

In NGE he was a one-episode thing, not the monster he's become in the new canon.

We were saying this since release dude. It's just there are butthurt 2.0 fags shouting over it in every single thread too.

Nope, still the same sad 3.33fags that keep saying it.

Like Reminder that you are always blown the fuck out, always and all you can cry about is "boo hoo 2.0fags".

Because it's not about shouting, it's about debating. All you can do is parrot your ideal conclusion, but you can't ever debate it to a point where it's believable. If you had any actual sense and self-respect, you'd accept 3.33 for what it was, rather than some idealized bullshit.

This. I hope they really flex their visual muscles for Fourth Impact

If you dislike 2.22 you're probably gay.

Gay and/or butthurt Asukafag.

just release it already so my suffering can end

so ebin

Get the fuck out.

I know, it's great.

I thought Anno had dropped his high-budget fanfic

fuck yeah. This scene really made me happy after growing up with cowardly shinji

Well he wasn't wrong. November 17 is Q's 4 year anniversary

>Because Shinji fucked up and literally destroyed almost the entire world

Shinji did Tokyo 3. The 12th Angel did the rest.

Eva peaked with rain, after the escape

Call back to this scene; directors cut (first seen in death and rebirth) came before EOE.

I don't know if this was the same time but wasn't she on her period when she was having trouble synching with eva 02

>Matt Memefield's fanwank
Getting real tired of this shit

Alternatively, you don't make the film with a giant timeskip the shortest one in your tetralogy.

episode 21; the mind rape episode.

SOFT PINK BACKSTORY WITHIN A DECADE

What did he mean by this?

the :|| will symbolize the end of the series, as well as the end of the new universe shinji created with the third impact. you know 1.0 picks up exactly where end of eva left off, right?

C'mere a second so I can lick that good taste.

shes just pissed that he reduced everyone to LCL except for her. she wanted to die.

No idea

She's the one who chose to come back

>Mmmm. I had to see it.
kek

>Reifags are going to get BTFO yet again
What a feeling.

Are they really? Because by now, everyone knows these movies are basically damage control from a disgruntled Asukafag. If Asukafags need to change the entire setting into something absurd that doesn't even remotely match the original characters to get ahead, then their loss is all the more obvious.

Sample A.

Sample A of butthurt Asukafag, yes.

I think being an Evafag means being inherently butthurt

The third movie was utter, and complete garbage. I'm not exactly hype for the sequel.

Stories and movies are only interesting if there's the sense that it's being taken seriously, but Anno is obviously just taking a piss with Rebuild after 3.33. It's basically an asukafag fic or somesuch put to film.

Why are all the Reifags but me so retarded?

The awful infinite jest of Cred Forums

>Why are all the Reifags but me so retarded?

Don't be a baka, they are impossible to comprehend.

>oh yeh im totes a Reifag
You're retarded, Reifag or not.

Post it faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=oJm0JL9TAec

Top shitpost m8.

EoE is shit only weebs and casuals like, real fans like NGE.

kek

No one's asking the real question:

Is Shin Gojira already available subbed?

>youtube

Why don't you do a bit of research and answer your own question?

>youtube
Why though. Literally why did you post that?

>implying you're Reifag

>3 people
>2 sets of footprints

What did they mean by this?

Because the originals' quality was already pretty bad so suggesting watching youtube's bitraped version is retarded.

>streaming
Lurk the fuck more.

Nice elitist autism. Got a newsletter?

>posting the same picture twice
Wow user you sure showed him :^)

The top and bottom are different. But that doesn't excuse his fucking gaping autism

user please, that bait was for him not you

Some people just can't tell the difference in the pictures. I thought you were one of them. I offer my ass to you for a kicking.

It's been ready.

That's just part of 2.0 that was scrapped

Trust me, they'll use it in 3+1, just like how eva Unit-1 escaped from leliel. instead of leliel its the wunder.

This.
But I've had this discussion with autist-kun before, he can't fathom that scrapped means shelved.

explain please

We're missing 14 years and a lot of minor character interactions.
There's literally nothing stopping them saying, "Lets use that scene there that we scrapped." or "We need to explain Asuka's eye and shit, lets use that scene were her face came of and started talking to her and shit."
Scrapped =/= Gone forever.
Scrapped = Excluded from current [at the time of] production.

FUCK EVANGELION

well not entirelt true.

In 2.0 Mari was involved more in the plot. Asuka was the main pilot for unit 2 with Mari as a secondary pilot.
Asuka referred her as her support fire.
A phrase ater used in 3.0

>Scrapped =/= Gone forever.
Who knows; its not set in stone.

3.0 is the only good Rebuild movie anyway, at least it was something different that I hadn't already seen a dozen times before.

There's no way this movie is coming out before 2018 so he might as well just take his time with it.

That was in the original conceptual stages, not final production. I wouldn't be surprised at anything Master Anno pulls out of the bin of scrapped ideas now.

>take his time with it.
I'm ok with that.

>copies the plot of NGE but shits all over it
>hur dur i hadn't seen that before!11

Jesus christ just how braindead are you? Are you literally just making up shit opinions in hopes no one will call you out for it? Get lost.

I'm DTC

Don't make me Re-take.

Franchise is dead, just let it sink.

3.0 already killed majority of the fanbase.

>3.0 already killed majority of the fanbase.
Only elitist spuds.

Thank you for Correcting The Record

> I wouldn't be surprised at anything Master Anno pulls out of the bin of scrapped ideas now.
like from NGE... (leliel)

>"We need to explain Asuka's eye and shit, lets use that scene were her face came of and started talking to her and shit."
I'm convinced that they are going to have Asuka's eye revealed like how Unit-1's reveal in NGE. (With Shinji screaming in terror)

It will be the rebuilds version of Shinji jacking off.
>"I've done something terrible to Asuka"
-EOE (Shinji to Misato)

Mark my Words.

uwu

hell. its in the same place as Asuka's eyepatch.
(yes I know its a mirrored image; doesn't matter, its relative to Shinji's perspective)

Why are you so fucking butthurt? 1.0 and 2.0 were the same shit I had watched in the original series over and over, just with newer visuals and with each movie focusing on either Asuka or Rei. I didn't say 3.0 was a masterpiece, it isn't, but it was at least interesting to watch something that I hadn't literally seen before. The good part of Evangelion, ie the original series, DEATH & REBIRTH, and EoE, are all still there.

3.33 is an objectively bad movie in almost every way, compared to 1.11 and 2.22 which were good movies on their own.

>Original
>Therefore bad
FOR FUCK SAKE.
WHO RANG THE MONG GONG?

3.33 is an awful movie user, and it's even worse as a sequel to 2.22.

Tapped. Draw 2 / Discard 1 or deploy as 1/1 with Block.

Is there a Mega for NGE? I've never seen it

As a stand alone film 3.0 sucks

as a part of the story it is fine, 4.0 will expand on it

It's almost like the outrage at the TV ending, but then EoE came out and expanded on it and then the TV ending was fine.

Only difference is 3.0 isnt an ending, it sets up questions because the story isnt over yet. You have to view it as a whole, but the whole isnt complete.
tldr People will probably change their opinion on 3.0 after 4.0 comes out.

Nice rebuttal shit eater. Just accept that 3.33 is bad like most everyone else has.

Wasnt the original plan for 3.0 and 4.0 to release at the same time, but the Earthquake fucked that up?

I wonder how far along it actually is, or if they just started over.

TV ending was made with no intention of EoE being made after it, retard.

Also, defending a shitty movie by hoping its sequel would fix it is the type of delusion that only Evageeks like you could harbor.

Make me.

>Mega
wat

>b-but the original is still there please let me enjoy 3.33

Like I said, get fucking lost you filthy retard. Q was the most boring movie Anno has ever produced, and how shit it is is the actual problem.

It sucks as either a stand alone or as part of a story.

Especially as part of a story because it literally just sunk any chance of a working story with working characters.

The movie is so bad that you're literally asking us to wait for another movie to judge it. What is your actual problem?

>b-but it's a BETA
>b-but THEY'LL PATCH IT

No, that's not true. The 3.33-shiteaters, AKA Kaworufags and Asukafags spread numerous false rumours to do damage control for how shit 3.33 was.

By the original plan, these movies would be done in 2009.

2007, 2008 and 2009. That was the original plan.

Oh yeah, definitely going according to Anno's master plan. Not at all a clusterfuck of autism that picks up on irrelevant factors and will end up being totally wrong as usual.

If you could read I said 3.0 sucks you fucking idiots.

What I'm saying is people's opinions will probably change when 4.0 comes out.

I fucking hated the episode in NGE where they have fat asuka diving to kill the angel and I still think NGE is good all around even if it had weak episode.

Think of it as a 4 episode or in this case movie series.

I never once said 3.0 was good. At most I said it was fine in the grand scheme of things.

But obviously you guys have such a huge hateboner for the movie so what is this argument about? It's just you and people who like 3.0 yelling back and forth at each other with no hope of a compromise, I'd much rather someone dump pictures of their waifus than this dumb shit.

user, I think 3.33 is hot garbage, but that theory checks out. I was arguing for that since long, long before 3.33 even came out, and 3.33 all but confirmed it's link to "hope".

It's classic Anno to put focus on a person or object as a reference is being made, and the SDAT has since 2.22 been paired with hope, both thematically and otherwise.

That said, it's not like it matters since Rebuild 3.33 turned out to be hot garbage anyway.

>I never once said 3.0 was good. At most I said it was fine in the grand scheme of things.
Which is what you're getting slammed for. Here is how it ACTUALLY looks in "the grand scheme of things":

>1.11 - Develops characters and moves the plot forward
>2.22 - Further develops characters and moves the plot forward
>3.33 - Drops all characterization and development, and actively sabotages characters like Rei because it's what Asuka fans want
>4.44 - Crippled because of the previous movie, doomed to start with shit characters rather than great one

3.33 will forever be a stain on Rebuild and Evangelion as a whole. It will be known as the movie which made it impossible for Rebuild to have well-developed characters, NO MATTER HOW 4.44 TURNS OUT.

>waah waah yelling
If you don't want to be yelled at, stop acting like a complete fucking retard.

It's easy to see what you're saying, but there's just no way it could retroactively make 3.33 any more enjoyable, or change my view on it. I absolutely despise the direction Anno has taken the rebuilds in with 3.33.

Wait, does Cred Forums really not do Mega links?

He got really angry about fish

source of image please

Looks like Shinji Ikari Raising.

I hope Asuka beats up Rei.

hey mate, are you ok?

See Think about it. Give us your thoughts. Reality starting to seep in yet?

Doesn't really look like it,
SIRP has more square face characters than this. Also this image has more expression than anything from that manga.

If it is from raising, then where exactly?

Are you actually retarded? I know most of you EvaGeeks types are, but I don't like to assume.

I didn't say I enjoyed 3.0, I said compared to the other two (which are garbage) it was good because 1.0 and 2.0 are literal retellings. I think all the Rebuilds are shit, 3.0 was just the best of the bunch. They're so bad I wouldn't even watch them a second time.

Who /hype/ here for Nu-Rei?

>then where exactly
FIND OUT YOURSELF, STUPID!

Why is toiletsexuality so rampant in this thread?

>implying evageeks
Evageek is a retarded place. Don't lump me in with that lot. Hell those people seem to dig 3.33 anyway.

So there's a reason why I call you retarded. 2.22 is a retelling? Really, didn't watch it to the end with the whole world ending and stuff going on? No? What about Asuka going in Toji's place, Mari popping in.

Not much of a retelling any more.

Even 1.11 pushed in Kaworu and Lilith right from the start.

Basically your "reason" for liking 3.33 is obviously fake, false bullshit. It's like saying you like the ocean because jumping in it is dry. You're literally lying to yourself, and that makes you retarded.

Why don't you just try smiling?

>there are people who unironically believe this

kek

…this big.

I'm smiling. At your shit taste, that is.

Please find a suitable Facebook group to discuss anime. Thank you.

I see, so you want more Rei

Jesus Asukafag autist, did your parents let you out of your cage again?

Rei a shit

I dig 3.33...

it is better than 2.0's sloppy writing (not to mention marginalized for wide anime-audiences). and 1.0's carbon copy.

3.0 copies some beats from Nadia however.
Still better than 2.0

1.0 and 2.0's writing appears to be masterful work compares to 3.33's directly shit writing.

I mean just stop humiliating yourself. Holy fuck.

>hurdur it's nadia ref!!01
Nadia in itself is a SBY ref. Fuck off newfag. I hate people like you who make up shitty poser reasons because you're some sort of autist shipper or "moving color enthusiast".

t. butthurt reifag

t.butthurt asukafag

t. Anno

Thousands of Eva shitposts abbreviated in two

I doubt you should make comparisons like those if you haven't really seen a lot of anime. Wait until you can name at least ten different shows that have frames like those.

That's the same as

lel

TV ENDING WAS FINE EVEN WITHOUT A MOVIE FOR PLEBS

When will we see the return of genius Asuka?

Rei a shit

t. butthurt Asukafag

No, Rei is beautiful. You too can learn to appreciate this fact. It's never too late.

Fuck off back to nipland Anno.

>remake the same few episodes of something I've seen dozens of times but change a few things here and there
>WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S NOT THE SAME THING AT ALL THAT OTHER MOVIE THAT ISN'T A REHASH OF SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY SHOWN IN SOME WAY IN THE TV SERIES SUCKS YOU SUCK RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(rare asuka)

Uh, in what world did that happen except in butthurt asukafag country, evageeks?

1.11 was liked, and 2.22 is the de facto most liked Evangelion movie - of ALL time. 2.22 changed a fuckton. Only butthurt asukafag shitstains claimed otherwise, and they NEVER had an argument against it that could stand scrutiny.

Only if you're a reicuck

Wow, seems like the vast, vast majority became reicucks then. Hell even Reicucks are in the right.

trust me they use alot of nadia material in 3.0

a leader that made an order (that kill's an untold number of people) in an under surface half dome structure. has parental issues with the main Child-character. A leader that is captain of a a sea-air vessel, fighting against a superior force of (extremist religious) enemy... In a battle that can result in the end of Humanity.

youtu.be/kJwRJpvcvY4
youtu.be/kfa7sHkH7vg
youtu.be/iid9h3WvDtA
youtu.be/Q3UJOhxdv9Q

How?

2.0's writing feels like those horible Ginax-compilation movies. i.e "Nadia the motion picture" and "Gunbuster vs. Diebuster"
Both of which have condensed storytelling-(skipping important plot details), no pacing to the story.
It's as if the peoble behind "Gunbuster vs. Diebuster"(2006) jumped straight to Eva1.0 and tried to make something original in 2.0... O WAIT THEY DID... its the same team and everything.

>trust me they use alot of nadia material in 3.0
Fuck off, we know they did, but you posted a reference that didn't match up.

We KNOW 3.33 is otaku pandering self-referential schlock. No need to tell us, it's been five years, we know already.

>2.0's writing feels like those horible Ginax-compilation movies. i.e "Nadia the motion picture" and "Gunbuster vs. Diebuster"
>Both of which have condensed storytelling-(skipping important plot details), no pacing to the story.
>It's as if the peoble behind "Gunbuster vs. Diebuster"(2006) jumped straight to Eva1.0 and tried to make something original in 2.0... O WAIT THEY DID... its the same team and everything.

Great job, you wrote a lot of nonsense but made zero arguments. Do you seriously expect us or anyone else to consider your feelings as a serious argument? How about you fuck right off to tumblr before you get turbotriggered?

3.33 has unrealistic characters, self-contradicting premises and developments.
None of 2.22 or 1.11 has that.

The pacing stuff you noted was pure fucking bullshit. The pacing in 1.11/2.22 is fine and normal, if you want fucking pacing problems then consult the movie with a literal 14 year long timeskip, extreme shifts in location and virtually zero sense of time.

Are you forgetting that 3.33 sports A FUCKING MONTAGE?!

Tell me, how about you take your shit opinion and shove it up your ass? This is 2016, you're not allowed to be this fucking uniformed and retarded. Fucking get real or get out.

> it's been five years, we know already.
your point?

pic related.

Hardly rare if you're actually a committed Asukafag such as myself. You want to know what's rare, faggot? Deleted pixiv works. Exploring long forgotten archived geocoites pages and angelfires for Asuka images. Leeching dead torrents multiple years old of Asuka image collections to see if ther're any you missed. That's rare you memeing fuckbag.

Not your scraped off gelbooru/sankaku lookin' ass.

The whole planet saw Rei's tits.

>autistic retard freaking out about le waifu wairs
1.0 sucked. 2.0 sucked. 3.0 sucked. However, 3.0 was the most interesting to watch because it wasn't just a remake of certain episodes from the show with some shit changed around here and there.

I always forget why I stopped opening Eva threads on Cred Forums and then every time I open one I see some turbosperg like you chimping out on everyone.

oh ok

Fuck off asukafag autist. You're an eyesore and everyone knows you have some literal brainproblem.

I think he said that half-jokingly y'know?

Holy fuck lmao I can smell your neckbeard from here

>samefagging

>s-samefag!
You'd be surprised.

It makes me sad to see how hard Asuka pushes herself.

>We KNOW 3.33 is otaku pandering self-referential schlock.
pic related.
>The pacing in 1.11/2.22 is fine and normal
you go from scenes that are action oriented to mystery, slice of life, quiet, slapstick humor, introspection, highschool-setting, and back to action again in less than 5 minutes.
>if you want fucking pacing problems then consult the movie with a literal 14 year long timeskip
I honestly care less for what events transpired during the skip. I care for what delima the main character faces in a story.
>Are you forgetting that 3.33 sports A FUCKING MONTAGE?!
Like how 2.0 did...
>Tell me, how about you take your shit opinion and shove it up your ass? This is 2016, you're not allowed to be this fucking uniformed and retarded. Fucking get real or get out.
abide by your own words.
>fuck right off to tumblr before you get turbotriggered?

>people still take that video of Anno answering questions to fucking elementary schoolers seriously

>We KNOW 3.33 is otaku pandering self-referential schlock. No need to tell us, it's been five years, we know already.
like 2.0 didn't.

Your the first person to point that out, and I've been on Cred Forums for 6 years now...

Maximal
Anal
Devastation

>you go from scenes that are action oriented to mystery, slice of life, quiet, slapstick humor, introspection, highschool-setting, and back to action again in less than 5 minutes.

Entirely uncontroversial and unproblematic in any similar show, not to mention Evangelion. Basically you're making up problems where there are none.

When you have gross mistakes like showing Mari's bouncing tits right after someone's head being blown off, still playing the sad violin music, then you have a problem. That happened in 3.33 by the way.

>I honestly care less for what events transpired during the skip. I care for what delima the main character faces in a story.
>"Hurr I don't care"
Solid argument champ, you can see yourself out now.

>Like how 2.0 did...
Nope.

Back to tumblr with you.

>Entirely uncontroversial and unproblematic in any similar show
Except that this is NOT a show, it's a "Movie"; with you know pacing. NGE had great pacing for a show; rebuild in comparison...
>you go from scenes that are action oriented to mystery, slice of life, quiet, slapstick humor, introspection, highschool-setting, and back to action again in less than 5 minutes.
of witch is a legitimate problem.

>>Like how 2.0 did...
>Nope.
it did.

>Are you forgetting that 3.33 sports A FUCKING MONTAGE?!
It's not like NGE didn't have montages...
youtu.be/SJqwMu9kuRg

>When you have gross mistakes like showing Mari's bouncing tits right after someone's head being blown off, still playing the sad violin music, then you have a problem. That happened in 3.33 by the way.
True...

>Is your body ready?

idk but I know that the shitposting is.

>Except that this is NOT a show, it's a "Movie"; with you know pacing. NGE had great pacing for a show; rebuild in comparison...
Show or movie, you understand what I meant. There's no need to be an asshat by picking on sentences.

Showing mystery etc... is perfectly fine, even in a movie. In Rebuild 1.11 and 2.22 there's natural transitions that make perfect sense, in 3.33? Not so much. I've given an example, you've given none.

>it did.
Nope.

>It's not like NGE didn't have montages...
During a happy, fanservicey moment, which would be the space 2.22 occupies. Not 3.33.

Not only that, but 3.33's montage is a fundamentally different montage from NGE's since in NGE, we actually see time pass. The calendar dates fly by.

In 3.33? Montage, Shinji becomes piano master in what seems like twenty seconds.
NGE, through lots of hard training and failures over time that is actually shown, they eventually get it right.

Huge difference, 3.33 is shit.

>True...
You bet your damned ass it is.

There's no defending 3.33 at all.

NEVER FORGET THE AUTISM OF ASUKAFAGS

This is my new favourite thing.

Why are you glorifying someone with mental issues

Why are you such a fucking faggot holy shit. He's not even glorifying him, he's lambasting him. But if he were glorifying him you'd still be a faggot.

>glorifying
I'm exposing the true face of Asukafags everywhere

>Entirely uncontroversial and unproblematic in any similar show, not to mention Evangelion.
>Basically you're making up problems where there are none.
No, you are making half-baked rebuttals instead of providing examples.
>Show or movie, you understand what I meant.
all you said was...
>if you want fucking pacing problems then consult the movie with a literal 14 year long timeskip,
again I don't care, in-fact I say it help reinforces Shinji's anxieties.
>extreme shifts in location and virtually zero sense of time.
Can you tell me how many days StarWars episode 5 had in the story? No; you cant, it doesn't matter to the overall movie.
How many days happened in 2.0/1.0 or 3.0 does not matter; what matters is what the characters go through.
>There's no need to be an asshat by picking on sentences.
I don't care... name-calling in-place of providing examples...great.
>I've given an example, you've given none.
When? you never did.
>Except that this is NOT a show, it's a "Movie"; with you know pacing. NGE had great pacing for a show; rebuild in comparison...
I stand by this statement. its a glaring issue. Could you imagine EOE having 2.0's pacing...
>In 3.33? Montage, Shinji becomes piano master in what seems like twenty seconds.
So they skipped the training with arty piano. a scene whose point was to show Shinji opening up/trusting a little bit to Kaowru.

>There's no defending 3.33 at all.
There is defending 3.33 over 2.0. I gave my points, What are yours?

Good lord; I remember that thread.

I bet this was the guy that busted a nut on his Asuka figure on /c/

The tulpafag and that faggot really should just be outcasted. They're unrepentant cancer and possibly Reifag double agents to act as controlled opposition since, you know, Grandpa Reiheart exists.

pretty shameful to be honest, it was a nice figure. now im just afraid he's going to sell it to someone that doesn't know. break out the blacklights boys

This. It's probably a stealth smear campaign being led by a one user army.

>attack on titan
Why am I not surprised he was a normie.

Not surprised, personally. Considering it's been attempted in the past as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=0aclfiJ0W4U

>Because why the fuck would Shinji care about Kaworu outside desperation?
Are you stupid? Kaworu was the only person he cared about in the original show. He couldn't give a shit about the rest until after he met him. That was the point. Shinji's first experience to truly open his heart and getting hurt.

>i-it's a smear campaign by Reifags I'm not that much of retard!

Asukafags on full damage control

>this defensive
You're not adding anything to your case.

This is now an Evangelion friendship thread. If you want to post, you have to be friendly to other people who like Evangelion.

Hah that picture is hilarious, shame it doesn't have Touji, Kensuke and Hikari on it.

Ah, they are there on the tv, I think. I am pretty sure every character showed up to clap for Shinji, but they might have left one out. Like Kaworu, for some reason I don't think he was a clapper.

Post more group pictures.

We are friends.

>

So anyone planning to see Shin Godzilla stateside? Bought my tickets today

Boston reporting in.

>tfw the cast will never know anything but suffering

same.

Yes.
Ohio reporting in.

Is that other guy Asuka's ginger boyfriend or something?

I probably will be, though I'm nowhere near Boston and I doubt any other anons are by me, thankfully.

>toji
>not kensuke
lolling at you tbqhwy

> 90s hair
So comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=AzkLLHf_YCE

One of them should have been a pilot in the rebuilds too. But a new girl sells a dozen times more so I guess I can't blame them.

What did Shinji see?

ReixGendo

Florida

Would you watch an Evangelion SoL anime like the dream in episode 26?

This tho actually

EoE was good, but felt like a completely different message, and didn't even connect with the Ideology/plot at some points. Shinji almost felt like a different character at some points, the entire movie felt like I was reading a picture book mixed with a Bible - or trying to fit as much crying screaming and strangling as possible because at this point they assumed muh suffering was the same as a deep emotional message. On top of that the ending was uninspiring. When NGE finished I was left feeling like I gained something, or rather, the characters, Shinji gained something, and while I won't get into interpretations of the show, with EoE it only really felt like something was lost.
Still very good, awesome visuals, but really not the same Evangelion I had watched before.

Yes.

I would, but it probably wouldn't go anywhere, like SIRP did. And it'd probably end up being a fanservice fest rather than develop interesting character dynamics.

Oh buds, you are in for a treat.

> implying there are people here who *haven't seen Anno's movies*

No that's just Touji's hair color in the manga.

No.

Thought the spoiler would hide a URL? Think again, because spoonfeedungbis bad. Lurk Moar and do your own research, faggot.

> people still take polite ways to not answer the question, derides to more important topics, and that one thing Anno was heard saying while sitting on a public toilet in 1996 as The Canon Ideas That Are Carved In Stone

You people are the worst enemies of creativity. I don't really understand why you chose to discuss Evangelion instead of solving crosswords.

This has always been one of my favorite casual Eva pictures. Anyone got more with PenPen?

Thanks nigga's.

lmao this is kind of mean but once I saw it I had to post it. It's getting deleted right away though, I don't want trash on my drive.

>i'll work hard on it

Rebuild was a mistake.

More eva is never a mistake

Oh, great, yet another shitty Eva movie, i guess I'll watch the anime, EoE and read the manga when 4.0 comes out just to remember how good they are and how much this movie is going to suck.

how can they even do this anyway, it already ended back on the island at 3.33 is it going to be a new season starter come on I rather have haruhi season 4.

even that cg chibi one?

which manga is this from?

Evangelion: Lurk More

eat shit you autistic wad

Isnt that the Shinji ikari raising project?

>spoonfeed my newfag ass
>please diaper me too

Yes.

Why don't you just try bring nice to him?

after the shitshow that was Gay Piano Duets: The Movie, probably not

>nobody ever held me as a child so now I'm an angry bitter autist that can recall the author and title of any manga from a single page: the post

this entire thread is a fucking shitpost
you faggots should just accept that 3.0 was horrible and move on

also why the fuck are you even watching the movies? the series was much better you fucking casuals

>watching more than one thing in your lifetime how does it work lmao

>watching the movies which just tell you what you already know and then still manage to fuck everything up along the way

How could you know that without watching?

So, Rei did give birth to Asuka one time, but I don't think Asuka ever returned the favour.