Storytime: Konjiki no Gash!! AKA Zatch Bell: Volume 14

With the first arc having drawn to a close as of volume 11, the Gash Bell dump continues, finally arriving into an actual plot and where the series truly becomes remarkable.

Gash bell is a Shonen action/comedy series by Makoto Raiku. The basic plot premise is that there are 100 kids from the demon world who come into the normal world to fight until only 1 is left standing, who is crowned king;

I'll be making a thread every day (can't give a specific consistent time of day yet due to IRL bullshit) and will post 1 volume every day until the whole run is posted.

Opening 1: youtube.com/watch?v=I0Ir4LL9Bkc
Opening 2 (current): youtube.com/watch?v=_aMy1lJsRtE

Previous threads (Be aware deleted spoilers will still be shown in third party archive links!)
Volume 1: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146776390
Volume 2: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146824912
Volume 3: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146873557
Volume 4: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146922715
Volume 5: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/146977207
Volume 6: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147026126
Volume 7: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147052610
Volume 8: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147123349
Volume 9: | boards.fireden.net/a/thread/147154469
Volume 10: Volume 11: Volume 12: Volume 13:

Other urls found in this thread:

n-u-l-l.net/
anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/konjiki-no-gash-bell-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>FAQ:

>Why should I be interested?
It has really fantastic art, good humor, great tactical fight's with great choreography and is really excellent at utilizing both positive and negative emotions for FEELS; admittedly the series is a little rough untill arc 2 rolls around, after that all the above starts to really shine and continues to get better; the art in particular.

>Where are your scans from?
NULL's release. their site is here: n-u-l-l.net/ and they can also be found on bato.to and mangasaurus. EBJ has superior digital volumes for sale on their site, but they are japanese only, I'll be buying and ripping them eventually. There's also some really amazing quality Portuguese scans, but only for like 20 chapters halfway into the series, and, you know, aren't in english.

A-Destiny has really amazingly high res scans in english for the last 3 volumes, but they aren't publically available anywhere right now other then the last 3 volumes as jpgs on otakusmash, and the translation is generally nost as good as NUll's I feel in most cases. They also have 18-30, but thye quality isn't much better then Null's and the translation is still iffy.

>Isn't Zatch bell that kiddy pokemon ripoff?
You probably saw the localized anime. The anime is pretty not great, and the localization is fucking terrible. The manga is way better, but even it admittedly starts out only above average untill it gets into the second arc.

>Teenager hanging out with young children

I encourage you to post and respond to stuff as i'm dumping pages. It's far more fun for me while dumping if I see other people reacting to stuff that's happening and there' conversations I can reply to.

HOWEVER, please do not post images till I finish so the image limit isn't hit before then, and use your judgement for how often you post/how long what you are posting is. Don't overdo it.

DON'T POST SPOILERS (IE ANYTHING PAST THE CURRENT DUMPED PAGE OF THE CURRENT VOLUME) OUTSIDE OF SPOILER TAGS

I wonder if Chinese shows have token Japanese characters dressed in kimono, wielding katana, and practicing judo.

Don't the japanese and the chinese hate each other? Or is that the japanese and the koreans?

They all hate each other over there

I hear they just hate the Chinese tourists.

Which, to be honest, isn't exclusive to Japanese people.

It's hard to find two Asian nations that don't hate each other. Only two I can think of are Japan and Taiwan, and honestly that's a weird relationship.

In my understanding at least some good amount of all Asian nationalities hate pretty much all other Asians, or if not actively hate, look down upon.

But yeah, there is bad blood. From when Japan briefly made China it's bitch and committed numerous atrocities it hasn't really apologized for to the extent it should, ever.

Even if they hadn't there would probably be some amount of dislike just for taking over the country for a while.

>even with new courage and a partner, the horse STILL cant catch a break!

Bump

What's the japanese phrase for heart energy?

Kokoro no chikara.

had to add the red shit to avoid the malicious code error

Remind me to post the raw page when the dump is over

thats how they actually call it in the manga?

Litterally BTFO

Yaoi hands.

Everyone hates each other.

Leila briefly reconsiders her choice of allies

ROCK
AND
ROLL

Return of the Fist.

How did the fuck huge dragon blindside EVERYONE?

Judging by the speed lines, he probably "H-he's fast"'d there

>fast dragons

Jesus christ how terrifying

>Tio!! Your hand!!
SHIT'S ABOUT TO GET LEWD

>That panel with Sunbeam and Umagon walking towards the viewer with the book burning behind them
That is one gorgeous shot.

>Straight up stepped on Tio's face to get up there

Love it.

Is the user who had the mini art book still around, btw?

Despite the refs invoking the mercy rule Tio just continues to brutalize her already defeated rivals.

Is this hentai?

Is there anyone who could remotely control Big Boing?

If Big Boing was in the battle for demon king she'd probably win solo

Poor Tio.

Flawless strategy.

That's fuckin cool

>Won Lei, Lee Yen, Professor Riddles and Kiddo all show up in the nick of time
Oh I am loving this.

Folgore knows whats up

Even the dragon is confused.

Kyanchome could do this too.

>Body enhancement spell

I love that Razauruk's main purpose in this is throwing people the fuck away instead of actually fighting people.

I can't anymore. My sides hurt to much.

Oh i fucking love this chapter and anime episode so fucking much.

Can't wait till we see sherry fight later

Nice legs.

>Using a Dioga spell on a no name cannon fodder enemy

Bit of overkill there Brago

>Waving the white flag
Professor Riddles knows not to fuck around with these two.

>Gash uses watashi instead of boku

Huh. Who knew.

Are you going to post the Gaiden chapter?

I'm not weeb enough to know what that means, mind clarifying?

I know gash has some particular speech manerisms that are hard to translate well, like his "Unu"'s, so I assume it's something like that?

Did Kiyo and pals waste their time? Should they just have had Brago solo?

I plan to. I might even dump the guidebooks if I get them translated by then.

I think even Brago might have had problems if he had to fight all of them and Zophise at once. Sherry would probably get taken out.

Would it kill Sherry to wear somthing much more comfortable for travel and battles? She wore the same damn dress when she was roughing it in the woods.

>Everyone knew who Bargo was

Damn, he must have been quite famous back in his world.

Aw yeah, the Why the fuck are you still alive chapter.

Even Won Rei is afraid.

>Everyone's reactions to Gash vs Brago and surviving
>Why are you still alive?
>Even WonLei is shocked
>Kyanchome literally wets himself
I just love all the character interactions and relations.

If it has anything to do with it, maybe she wants her friend to recognize her as she is

Even brago would have had some difficulty with the supreme four you saw last chapter, If Zophis ended up ambushing him and sherry and fighting them with the Supreme four all at once, I don't think Brago would have made it

He's an elite from an elite family or something like that. Not much of a spoiler since it doesn't really matter nor do they get into Bargo's background at all but still

I cannot stop hearing Freeza's Kai voice coming from Zophis.

Yes, it'll come up again

Zophis's japanese voice in the anime sounds a lot like Freeza's japanese voice as well

>folgore still awake
>won rei sleeping on the floor
>what the hell is sunbeam wearing

Folgore looks like a shonen MC before the final fight.

A nightcap. Duh.

>Everyone's already asleep
Well fuck, so no Thank you Gash I love you in the manga? damn.

Why do each of the asian countries hate another?

Read a history book. The rest of the world is the same too. Europe was aswell, it took a couple world wars to calm them down.
Off topic sage.

>Took out a demon and burned a book with a single spell
We Zeon now.

Sherry best girl

I love tactics and use of the environment.

Please no bully

Watashi is the way girls, women, and some men refer to themselves.
Boku is the one boys, tomboys, and polite men use.

It's just strange he's using watashi when he's a Shonen protagonist. Is it because he's in a dress?

>without having to go separate ways
Nervous laughter.

It's a mantle. A cape.

>Gash gets his memories back and remembers that he was friends with Umagon in the demon world
>he still doesn't remember his name is Schneider and keeps calling Umagon

Kyanchome's like a DnD monster

>Everyone's cruising through
>Even Kyanchome's pulling his own weight.

>Folgore is still getting smashed
He can't catch a break, good thing he's the invincible Folgore.

>that awkward moment when you realize Folgore is in 2nd place for "most spells blocked throughout the entire series"

Honestly at this point I would dare say he's been shown blocking more spells then Tio but then he's taken a lot of weak zaker's from Zatch so it kind of inflates the number.

>Sunbeam pose
So Groovy.

>you will never be as groovy as Sunbeam

Looks safe

Totally not a trap

I thought you were supposed to be smart, Kiyomaro.

Holy shit OP, you're getting slow.

shut your whore mouf

I got IRL stuff going on

>Shut your whore mouth.

fuk u say m8

Why didn't Megumi Giga La Seshiru here

You had a range of 24 hours to pick from to dump.

Can't act in surprise rounds when you're flatfooted

Someone put this poor girl out of her misery.

She reminds me of Fuuka.

This fucking guy.

Chinese Kiyomaro?

If Kiyo was a complete badass, sure.

The guy on the left is based as FUCK.

Hoo boy I hope ya'll are ready for a ride when it comes to this guy.

I bet Raiku was so happy and giddy to finally feature this guy

Sadness ahead

That's because he is

Poor girl

So who's the older of the two girls, Megumi or Lee Yen? Or perhaps they're the same age?

Suzume had a hard life.

It's because of spoilers. It honestly adds a little something to his character. But it also kind of reinforces that he's a gentle character

Oh boy, I'm not ready for this again.

Same here

Return of sweetest girl

Lee yen is 16, I think megumi is 15 or 14

I don't even know what's going to happen in this fight and even I can tell that some shit is about to go down with this guy.

Megumi and Lee Yen are both 16

Megumi is listed as 16 as well

Two years older than Kiyo, coincidentally

You know besides not being an attack that move is stupid useful

Seriously, Kyanchome has one hell of a support spell. And it's the first one too.

Watashi is the standard/polite way people use to refer to themselves. The thing is that in the English translations you can't really tell, but Gash's "way of speaking" is somewhat peculiar, for reasons that will be explained later.

Remember when he was useless comic relief?

THIS THING

my favorite fight in the entire arc starts now!

And he only keeps getting better

I'm not ready for these tears.

HERE WE GO

And here we go.

I'm sorry to disappoint you anons but most of the Belgium EO fight is next volume.

Fuck I love Falgore.

I know but the scenes before the fight are still hilarious

>you will never be as groovy as Sunbeam

CHICHI WO MOGE

>Kiyo holding Gash with his teeth.

>dioga class spell to the face
btw is this the first dioga?

Yes, but this isn't the first time he's used it

Fuck, Chuugoku literally means China, what are these TLs doing

Why did they leave that untranslated

How would you translate those panels instead, so I can include it in my notes of corrections to make for my release?

>DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the Dew?

It was worth a try

The first one is the name of an actual move, so I'd leave it, but there's no reason not to move their second TL note into the actual bubble

For people who hacve already read the manga/gotten past the ancient demon arc in the anime

Am I the only one who thinks this fight is underrated? Everybody loves Belugium EO's, Pamoon's, and Demolt's fight, but nobody seems to remember this one

The idea that the book master is just as much of a threat as the demon is really cool

Also, please avoid spoilers about the final arc, even with spoiler tags for this reply chain, since animeonky's will be responding

Yeah it was pretty cool.

To add to this. It was cool but I didn't like how the actual demon got heavily overshadowed. The partner was the main threat and the demon was just there I guess.

Hayai!

Is that a fucking shark
Did he throw a fucking giant shark from his bare hands

Yeah, this fight is great. I thought it was a little bullshit that a human could compete with a fucking demon, but when you get over that its great.
I tend to never mention/remember because I always forget their names.

No, user. That would be weird.

He extended his pole and threw a shark from that.

What the fuck was that, Megumi?
Put a little more love into your spells next time.

How can she? They aren't protecting Kiyo and Gash right now

HA

>Pledge your friendship
>friendship
Hot demon dickings aren't just friendship guys.

>pledge your friendship
>friendship
O-oh, okay.

"memories"

You guys need some reading comprehension

Megumi was talking, saying they pledged their friendship to the rest of the gang, not each other

Won Rei and Lee Yen are totally fucking

"The demon seed in me that will create an abomination"?

Babies.

I think the fact there are Ganzu versions of spells that are just punches and kicks are hilarious

Can a demon impregnate a human? Can a human impregnate a demon? So many questions

Okay, good, so I wasn't the only one who thought she was saying she's preggers.

Also, yeah, demons should totally be able to impregnate humans.
Humans are the universal receivers after all.

Won Lei looking pretty smug in that panel

Hey, maybe it'll be like Devil May Cry and she'll give birth to a hybrid that can transform into a demon.

>tfw the new manga by this mangaka is complete shit

It's only had one volume, but Christ, Doubutsu no Kuni and Gash were both great by the end of the first chapter.

Krautland dropped this manga after vol 11

Fuck this gay earth. I would love to have german GashBell in my shelf. The magic spells were also very different, just like the pokemon names,

Ex,: Zakeru -> Einenun (pronounced "ainenun")

North america didn't get the whole run either, we only got it till like 20 something

Is it really that bad?

We gantz and muscle rider nao

I don't know why he's acting like it's terrible

It's not bad, it's just really fucking weird

This is some high caliber shonen

Its not bad, it's just fucking strange and nobody on the planet beside Raiku himself knows what the fuck is going on.

It's time.

Honestly I kinda hope she has a kid with him. I feel like she'd love to still have a part of him.

aaaaaaaa

*and her womb

>cracking Seshiru with a bare fist

Goddamn badass here.

PICCOLO-SAAAAAAAN

Fuck, I just remembered the next fight of Won Lei. What a fucking dejavu.

Raiku is a master of P O T T E R Y

>very cool
Not that I'm disagreeing but it sounds odd

Oh it's awful. It's like if after Doubutsu, his editors just started screaming "MAKE A SCHOOL BATTLE MANGA." It's really terrible. The art's good, but it's just not a good manga.

Read for yourself, it's worth it to make your own opinion, it's weird as fuck. I just wish we had more chapters available because it's impossible to tell where he is going with it.

Give him a chance, maybe it turns good in some later chapters. Also, some editors are just assholes, the cancer of the manga industry.

Mudamudamudamuda

The one thing that always bugs me is how everyone is always dropping to the ground, stomach down, watching the fighting looking forward.
I don't know about you guys, but that shit is fucking uncomfortable to do for any amount of long time. I'd at least try rolling over to put less strain on my neck.

Oh shit it's the tetsuzanko, I love that bajiquan shit.

I sleep like that

If Tio uses Saifojo on Megumi, will it be a net 0 heart power gain?

Go Tia, prove your still a best.

I think this scene is a bit bullshit, but whatever

Can we not.

Not necessarily.
Saifojio seems to get stronger based on feelings and shit, so it could have basically given them more than even their healthy base power.

They got blue health now.

Do demon seeds even mix? What are they made out of? And how many times a day do they fuck?

Love this page

>Omae wa moe shindeiru.png

It's a pretty awesome page

wat

Big white man protecting the women
THIS BOOK IS SO SEXIST MAH GOD WHAT TRASH!

Fucking love this kung fu bastard. Too bad about what happens to him without putting a bun in that oven

Special technique: Yaoi hand.

>implying he didn't

So is this the explanation to why won lei's proportions are so distorted in some action shots?

A lot of demons have innate abilities, Won Lei's could be to bulk up a bit temporarily

We should totally all send Raiku a letter when the dump ends.

Pretty sure he's not at Shougakkan anymore with the lawsuit and all

As long as its not one word at a time trash.

Forgive me if it's already been answered since I haven't caught all of the dumps (though I have watched/read the series up to this point), but was Hyde a fan created character? Or was he just made by the anime team as a filler villain? I know he shows up at the end of the manga.

What happened?

They lost some of his art and it breached contract on their end or something. Not certain.

He has a new address/contact info, I know his twitter and blog has the info, I think

Anime/vidya only, he replaced the bully during the first chapter and then a totally filler bit later.

End of volume 14

I might do tommorow's dump in only a few hours from now, depending on how many of you need to go to bed or not.

I will stay up for the next volume, it's worth it

I'm gonna hit the bed, I have work.

Haha, that was golden. Raiku knows what the viewers like.

Awesome dump, OP

Much thanks.

It's not as good as Gash or Doubutsu no Kuni, but it's not bad.
And it still only has 19 chapters, so I'm sure it'll get even better.
I do think having a six chapter long battle within the first ten chapters was a huge mistake though.

Isn't Suzume 14? What did Raiku mean by this?

It'd be really cool if this was something like a special combo that Saifogio could be used consistently for, like an extra buff on top of the healing

I finally realised who Raiku reminds me of.

I'll stay around

I'm sticking around

I am always down for more Gash,

Especially if it's MOTHER FUCKING BELUGIM EºO

>tfw work

thanks op but I gotta bounce.

I actually decided i'm gonna sleep, it's not as late/early as I thought it was and the thing I wanted to stay up for I actually don't need to do.

So tommorow's dump will start sometime between noon and 5pm est

that's fine, sleep tight

I need to sleep, but if you want to do the next bump thread I don't mind, you do have real life to do, don't you?

unu, sleep tight gasshu

unu, sleep tight gasshu

unu, sleep tight gasshu

unu, sleep tight gasshu

Sleep tight Zatch! Hahahaha HA haha!

cute
she's so fucking cute
holy shit

unu, sleep tight gasshu

anime.thehylia.com/downloads/series/konjiki-no-gash-bell-

The anime is shit but in case anybody wants to save the episodes anyways since all the torrents have no seeders...

unu, sleep tight gasshu

I've finished the volume but I seriously cannot get over this. I mean they're pretty cute here but it just doesn't compare

unu, sleep tight gasshu

>I have parents
>I have a brother

;_;

>Both Kid and Riddle Professor took off their hats.
Mad respect when in the presence of Sherry and Brago

*last volume, kek, not last chapter

in case anybody is unclear, the supreme four were the four ancient demons you only saw the silhouettes of last volume.

Tsaoron from this volume, Belgium EO from , the controller of the starfish here are 3 of the four

Thanks for dumping. Good night.

It's weird as fuck and the pacing is all over the place but I think at some point it'll settle in.

He's rushing too much is what I think.

Doesn't help that despite being a very good manga in my opinion, Doubutsu no Kuni underperfomed in terms of sales and thats something the author stated, thats why he had to end it faster

I really enjoy this author series but his most popular series is still Konjiki no Gash Bell and wasnt that popular even, its anime got cancelled (even if it was because the author was on hiatus for a long time due to an accident)