What was the purpose of this character?

Besides the off the charts edginess and autism, we know nothing about him and he died for nothing

The way he chased after the carriage elevated the show to 10/10

To annoy us.

I don't know, why do you have an iPhone?

Because I am richer than you

>What was the purpose of this character?
How rude! He has a name, it's Betelgeuse.
From now on please say Betelgeuse when ever you're referring to Betelgeuse.

The whole anime had no purpose. He was randomly brought to that world for a reason that wasn't explained, and nobody even knows anything about the witch, even though she's supposed to be THE witch. And she's still inside him. Why? for what purpose?

Nobody knows. Shit story.

I agree

He showed Subaru all the terrible things that would happen if he remained slothful, thus snapping him out of his slump and progressing the plot.

How dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, how dare, HOW DARE YOU!

Betelgeuse Romanee-Conti was the best character from any media in the last 16 years of the world. Slothman will be remembered long after every single slothful one of us die the heat death.

PRAISE HIM FOR HE IS LOVE!

It was 400 years ago. People have very limited knowledge to Satella.
The witch either
A) brought him there to end her
B) Or Subaru already ended up there like the rest of the people in the past. Some dude was summoned centuries before in the story and made Kararagi the way it is today. Al was also summoned. Flugel was there.
> Witch is inside him
I don't know about that. She may still be inside that waterfall guarded by a seal.

He and Subaru are exactly the same Roman-conti loved the witch to a insane degree with out ever really knowing her or having much interactions.

Subaru loves Emilia with out having much interaction of reason which makes even less sense considering all the girls around him who have saved him and interacted with him far more.

So yeah their the same.

A good reflection of the special brand of autism which runs rampant in the Reddit:Zero fanbase.

He's a sin.

>He was randomly brought to that world for a reason that wasn't explained

I partially blame this on Subaru. Any curiosity he had about his trip from Japan to Lugnica vanished as soon as he laid eyes on the half-breed. Since then, his overriding objectives were based solely on keeping her safe and getting underneath her skirt.

I haven't read further than this...DOES he actually die? aka, in the manga and LN right now, is this the end of Betelgeuse for good?

What would you do if you're Subaru and you found out about return to death? I'd just fuck with people and get killed or commit suicide periodically.

Jobber

We find out more about him later. He was Emilia's father figure growing up, and a member of the peaceful moderate faction of the Witch Cult, until he was driven insane when the radical faction attacked the village and killed Emilia's aunt for whom he had the hots.

It's supposedly Petelgeuse, which is supposed to be a plot point later or something.

hi /r/anime

Not enough people give him the respect he deserves.

Shitposting

His purpose was to be edgy