Rules, Regulations and Moderation of Cred Forums

Official New Rules (See → #):
1. Cred Forums won't split into Cred Forums and /ma/ nor will it merge with any other board.
2. LNs and gookshit are allowed on Cred Forums.
3. Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban.
4. Board Based Mods have to be introduced.

----
Hiro has asked us to create a thread on each board for discussing the problems that are facing us and how to deal with them. He also wants us to create our own set of rules so that the mods will be regulated to follow them.
Source: i.4cdn.org/a/1474181914334.png
Remember mods, Hiro talked to you guys and you said it was fine to have one ongoing thread up about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11255807

I propose that we ban rule change threads

Well, dealt with this awhile back. There wasn't exactly anything wrong, was there?

can this faggot get banned already?

Wait until the prior thread has at least reached page 10, you impatient shitposter.

I propose that we remove these meta threads

saged and reported.

The only reason people don't want LNs on Cred Forums is because they're afraid of getting spoilers. They'd do away with manga too, if they knew everyone wouldn't shit on them for being fucking retarded.

This is the truth.

Nobody fucking posts about LNs on /jp/. Only threads that get moved from Cred Forums and the people that were browsing that thread do.

whatever happened to "Cred Forums self moderates itself"?

What the fuck is the mod doing? Ban this shit.

KEK stays, it's perfectly fine until you start calling other anons with it

No one reply.
Hide
Delete
close tab

how about actually reporting the thread?

dubs spam wasn't strong enough

Still here. Nothing as changed, even though the redditor who makes these constant threads wants you to believe that.

It died because the great majority of 'self moderators' are now the unironic, non-meme newfags Cred Forums has detested since its conception.

>word already filthered

fucking faggots

>Remember mods, Hiro talked to you guys and you said it was fine to have one ongoing thread up about this.
KEK

This. 5 years ago, this place was elitist, bitter people who reject newcomers.

Now people give sauce, discuss Naruto without getting dubspammed, and spew cancerous memes from other boards/websites.

Because of GR7.

>LNs are allowed
Fuck you faggots.
God fucking damn it the absolute worst part about this board. LNshitters are subhuman scum.

Ban all meta threads
Ban all tripfags
Ban all generals

Anime only faggot detected.

Everyone become katawa shoujos.

See . Guess which one you are.
GR7 is being followed in my post.

For this to work visible sage needs to be brought back. Yes, sage doesn't make a thread prune quicker etc., we all know that, but the message it sent is what made self-moderation through community condemnation largely possible. It was one of late moot's retarded changes (along with IP counts etc.) that need to be reversed now that he's gone.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING

I'm still confused as to why we had Naruto shitstorms over NaruHina when everyone makes fun of people who read it and ship it

What was it?

kana captcha

Everyone stop replying to this autist

>he doesn't have a 4chin gold pass
I bet you cant even sadpanda

WHY AREN'T ANONS REPORTING THIS ON GOING AUTIST

I think general is fine for day before, during, and after release

THIS BOARD IS CALLED ANIME & MANGA. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I DON'T READ YOUR SHITTY FUCKING YOUNG ADULT JAPANESE FICTION.
FUCK YOU
FUCK LIGHT NOVELS
KILL YOU ARE SELF

>kill yourself homo

KYSH is the future

THE LAST THREAD IS STILL UP FAGGOTS, delete this one and redirect discussion back to there.

Everyone actually reads Naruto
It kind of became a meme to refuse to talk about it, especially since newfags from facebook seemed to absolutely adore it.
Also holy fuck, Accelspammer was five years ago.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING

STOP MAKING THESE THREADS

Anyone who has read less than 500 titles, can't voice their opinion on manga board necessity.

remove kancolle general

Not anime or manga then it's not Cred Forums.
LNs with anime or manga adaptations were always allowed.

People trying to force a slowass 24/7 thread for their random web novel isn't Cred Forums.

but I don't, I don't even read fucking Bleach or One Piece. All you people are trying to do is make yourself fit in by saying everyone else does it

/wsr/ was one of the best additions to Cred Forums.

Stop
making
these
threads
they
accomplish
nothing
and
gook
shit
is
not
Cred Forums.

My hands are moving on their own!

but what if I read 500 shoujos and want to talk about Monster?

>image.gif

Yeah good luck killing a phone poster.

Just ignore his thread.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE MODS DOING
>

How often wil lyou repeat the same bullshit?

We only need one change.

Generals. Remove them, just like the mod said, years ago

If you guys hate it here so much, why don't you move to ∞ chan? You can have your own manga board, institute whatever word fitters you want, have a personal relationship with the mods, and most importantly, jerk yourself off about how much better you are than everyone else?

Fuck off with these threads asshole.

...

Source material can obviously always be discussed with proper spoiler tags. What shouldn't be allowed however is random unknown LN or LN specific threads entirely. LN's should only be brought up in the context of its adaptation.

>jerk yourself off about how much better you are than everyone else
Ironic coming from an Cred Forumsnon.

The Big Three have been mainstays of anime and manga in general since forever. I don't need to 'try' and fit in. The Madara Uchiha pasta caught on to a point because everyone knew how fucking bullshit Madara was, same for the Kubo meme.

I haven't been here since the whole nipplemod shit and his sticky.
Are these meta threads commonplace now?

So that's why you autists want to shit up out board? Get the fuck out of here

I don't hate it here, I just hate everyone else who posts here

Ange Vierge is a funny yuri-comedy anime.

The one thing I really loved about Cred Forums was how Cred Forums moderates itself. It's fine the way it is.
I do agree with this, we need more posters telling people to look shit up on their own or go to /r/ or /wsr/. I'm tired of threads getting derailed or discussions being killed because of new shits asking questions already answered, not contributing anything, and not lurking and finding shit out on their own.

Lol kys. You really think anyone will listen to a cuck like you

>tumblr gif

This logic should be applied to manga and /ma/ should be created.

We already decided what should be done in the last thread If you have nothing to add stop making threads.

So, /meta/ general, which anime are you watching next season?

Perfectly fine.

I like shoji more than Urasawa.

The only thing i really hate are how LN threads always develop into Primary vs Secondary wars. Like the whole Re:Zero mess or maybe Gakkou Gurashi was another one.

I mean the mods cant do anything about it but I wish Cred Forums as a whole would stop this shit

Prove this wrong.

I know I'll get shit on for this, but it may be helpful for people making a thread to actually put the name of the manga or anime in the title. Also people who post other manga in a thread to keep the original filename which usually includes the title of the manga.
Especially for cropped pictures, those can be almost impossible to find even for tineye.

No, Hiro just vaguely declared that the boards should "come up with new rules" if they're not happy about the moderation, and told mods not to delete meta threads for a while. Of course a consensus will never be reached so these threads have been popping up every few hours dragging the quality of the board down with them.

"""""""we""""""""

Get rekt

WHY IS THIS THREAD CONTINUING?

Anyone else really hate web novels? I think those were the biggest mistake
>b-but read the LN
>but I did
>b-but its in the WN that isn't released yet

Who wins? Saitama or Homura?

If people stopped BEING secondaries, I don't think there'd be a problem. It's like going into a Harry Potter thread and saying you only watched the movies. I'm sure that Cred Forums if they discuss LotR once in a while (do they?) would still shit on people who watched the movies but didn't read the book. Doesn't matter if you're on Cred Forums, you should read the source material if you actually care about an adaption.

>discuss Naruto without getting dubspammed
Small history lesson: moot made up a rule back then that WSJ thread were protected and shitposting in them meant ban.

LN elitists are the worst. Yeah no shit I don't read LN, the title of the board is Anime and Manga so you should assume that those are my only two hobbies.

Let the kiddies take over. They don't actually know shit about anime other than Twitter memes. The real fans already knew or learned the ways from Cred Forums in a better time. We should shrink back to the shadows where we belong. The kiddies need their Narutos and Jojos, not everyone should have good taste.

...

>let the kiddies take over
They outnumber us by a massive fucking margin and can invite their facebook friends. Do you want us to become a thousand times worse than reddit?

Woah are you telling me people go to the board about television and movies to discuss a fucking movie and not a god damn book? Maybe the people that want to discuss books should make another board, oh wait WE ALREADY FUCKING HAVE ONE YOU PIECE OF SHIT. FUCK YOU.

kek, but this is what I'm talking about, its already two different opinions

I don't want to read the LN if I'm watching the anime, that's like going to watch a movie and spoiling yourself on the source, why would you do that? That's retarded. And even if I make a thread that says NO LN SPOILERS, some fucktards going to come around and do it anyway.

Egg

Yeah, and can we talk about VN too? Fuck that shit.

Stop replying to the autist. use sage.

These threads are gay

just like me

Keep Cred Forums gay

You're talking about LN threads though, not fucking anime threads. You're literally just terrified of spoilers. Don't read them.

I don't know what sage is

some kind of plant?

WHY ARE MODS ALLOWING THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE?

WE HAD ENOUGH META THREADS AS IT IS

lol

I propose lolis be bannable under the child porn rules, and /ai/-Idle Activities be banished to /cg/ where it belongs instead of polluting Cred Forums.

GR7 m8
>doesn't get enforced
I've gotten banned for a week for it before.

This is why default autosage should be the priority. You'd only be able to bump with age.

>don't read them
>nobody spoilers anything at all

HEY REDDIT HOW U BEEN TDAY

lurk more

sage is not going to do shit,

try reporting

Deal with it then you should've read the goddamn LN. Why do we have to deal with newfags who have no idea what they're talking about? Next you'll say people who wander into FSN threads shouldn't be told Shirou is the red man.

can we please deport vafags to their containment zone in /jp/? it's obvious that they don't care about anime roles and are just an outpost of 3d idolfaggotry.

REMOVE


REMOVE /H/ & /E/ THREADS

REMOVE

REMOVE

Didn't know the board was called Cred Forums - Anime, Manga, and Light Novels.

instead of deleting the posts of the shitposters how about actually deleting this thread for inciting shitposting.

the quality of these threads has gone to literal shit

Does /jp/ like 3DPD though?

Sage won't work, all we need is one faggot to bump and we fly up to one again. Report and ignore.

Where the fuck is Accelspammer and the touhouspammers when you need them?

I've never really bothered with primary/secondary wars if the show was popular, but I find it pathetic when someone tries to incite such wars for a forgettable/haremshit shows.

Fuck off

>"Wa ka ra nai yo! Gomenasai mina-san. Language barrier make me into baka Hikikomori autist. I dunno what going on!"
>Da-me! Difficult times for Cred Forums. I go quietly hide now

Good effort, OP, but I doubt this effort will lead to greener pastures.

>mods still deletes shitposters

>doesn't delete the actual thread inviting them in the first place

why are mods literal retards?

I have already the mods are high on crack or something it's retarded
The funny thing is the mods are actually here they're fucking deleting shitposts (actual shitposts) from the last thread but the thread itself is somehow allowed to stay. Look, baka post just got deleted.

Cred Forums - Anime, /ma/ - Manga & Light Novels

no, but unfortunately idolfags are entrenched there and refuse to leave. containing it in one place is still better than having it everywhere.

Blame hiro, not mods. A handful of people take this as an excuse for sowing dissent and shilling stupid ideas like more board splits.

All these straw poll options are retarded.

This whole thing is absolutely retarded.

When did Cred Forums start becoming a hug box that we need to ban anyone using shit like "lol, lmao" etc.

If you're so butthurt over internet slang go fucking use the filter.

The sample size for these are also terrible considering how much traffic there is on this board.

Sage.

Yes I do actually.
Because Cred Forums teaches people how to access really great shows. And next thing I know I'm seeing Twitter memes made out of Iczer and Macross.

Blame hiro. OP uses his /qa/ post as a shield.

No. Cred Forums - Anime, Manga and Light Novels. Secondaries can eat dirt, they were never supposed to be a goddamn thing here we just ignored them because there's not much you can do if they just refuse to read.

just saying ReM:Zero would've been a million times better if we didnt have LNfags choking down the "who's Rem" scene on us and then it doesnt even fucking happen

SAGE ISNT GOING TO DO SHIT, JUST REPORT AND IGNORE

I don't care as long as we exterminate every single Light Novel fag from Cred Forums. If this is what it takes then I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

Sage lets me continue to take part in the shitposting without feeling dirty about it.

If /jp/ already has idolfags then seiyuu threads wouldn't be a stretch. How often do the seiyuu threads happen? Don't see them a lot.

Accelspammer only fights for loli and loli was saved

These are the types of people who want to kick off LNs. They literally want /ma/.

The fact this thread is still up shows that OP is using that /qa/ post as a shield but the past couple of threads has been non stop shitposting.

The fact that some posts are getting deleted means that some of the mods are here.

Yeah those halfbaked spoilers from someguy who can sorta read moon runes is something everyone needs to enjoy the start of a new anime

Where the hell is /l/ then?

The OP is a mod he just won't put his fucking mod trip on because he's stroking his engorged cock to us being angry.

It's not and anybody who thinks LN discussion belongs here is a newfag who don't know the second reason /jp/ was created for.

Among their first threads were junior idols and Korean idols. Thankfully, they got banned, but /jp/ certainly has history with 3DPD.

>lol lmao kys cunt is now a bannable offense
What the fuck? Am I on reddit? Sure cuck is retarded but LOL LMAO?
How's that even ban worthy?

I literally want all LN readers to leave. I don't ever want to see the words "Light" and "Novel" together on my board. If you read LN you are absolute scum and a tumor on Cred Forums that needs to be cut off if we have any intention of preserving this board.

Mods can be banned too :^)

Just ignore him then. If he's only 'sorta kinda' a moonreader then he's just a shitposter. Hell anyone who dumps spoilers without using the spoiler tag is in a sense misusing spoilers by not using them when he should be. You can get the mods on THEIR case but fuck off trying to kick LNs off Cred Forums.

Hiro told mods not to touch the OP. Just report it, if it gets enough reports it might work. He can't use Hiro as an excuse if no one in the board wants it anymore. Hiro only said we were allowed to have one to reach a consensus, not that we could have one forever.

Those are all normalfag memes and normalfags should be banned. We should also throw in the term "normie," as bannable.

>The fact that some posts are getting deleted means that some of the mods are here.
No, it just means the janitor are awake.

Get this cancer off of the board you giant autist

Just fuck off with this thread.

>if WE have any intention
You mean 'you'. You're the type of faggot who comes into already-shit-tier Overlord threads then spams WHY DID ST NOT JUST MC SHALLTEAR TO ATTACK AINZ. Kill yourself you summer newfag.

self-moderation won't stop people from making threads about shows I don't like so I decided that its best to let mods, many of which are tumblrites, have more power.

>poll voted on by 90% anime fags
>votes against manga board
Why do you even care?

Kill yourself, retard

idolfags and the vafags are essentially the same group of people

3dpd shitters

the worst part is the guy who just straight up makes fake spoilers but no one knows if its real or not and they end up becoming shitposting fuel

Polls didn't even have half of the posters in the threads. They're irrelevant.

REPORT AND IGNORE

I remember when Cred Forums was anime/generals and Cred Forums was anime/random

That's just a goddamn shitposter then, not 'LNfags'. There's literally no reason to kick LNs off Cred Forums any more than there's reason to kick manga off Cred Forums, just make people use the goddamn spoilers it's literally the point of the function.

Sounds like /gsg/ or Cred Forums
Back you go.

CONFIRMED:
- merge Cred Forums with /jp/ and /d/
- posting manga is only allowed on the private imageboard of the OP of this thread
- OP will die soon in his sleep
- ban LNs from Cred Forums because OP dislikes them
- OP will become the admin of Cred Forums

strawpoll.me/11255807
New poll, lads!

i dont get why all the hate towards LN's am i missing some meme here?

No I'm the type of faggot that goes into dead adaptation threads where LN fags complain nobody wants to discuss anything. Well maybe it's because people want to discuss Anime and Manga so they avoid threads that LN shitters ruin. Just because a few of your LN shitter friends dug out a hole to hide in under the guise of "anime adaptation discussion." doesn't mean you belong here.

>- OP will die soon in his sleep
>- OP will become the admin of Cred Forums
Too spooky.

>- merge Cred Forums with /jp/ and /d/
I actually wouldn't mind this provided the catalog was made bigger.

>a bunch of butthurt newfags will decide the future of Cred Forums
So who is behind this?

Can someone give just one legitimate reason not to have a trail run of /ma/?

I see one almost every day. it really ruins my browsing too when I'm trying to find anime threads and I see some 3d looking back at me in the catalog. I have to scroll past it as fast as I can because I don't want to associate real people with my anime characters.

Yes, you missed summer.
Also the newfag mod sperging the fuck out and nuking LN / WN threads left and right making retards like think they're in good company.

Aizen.

Kyoani

>Cred Forumsnimu
>m/a/ngo
>r/a/ito noveru
Yeah, it is.

>There's literally no reason to kick LNs off Cred Forums any more than there's reason to kick manga off Cred Forums
Holy shit you are dumb. Maybe because Manga is part of the board title and Light Novels are nowhere to be seen? You fucking idiot.

Probably something coming from Isekai threads. From Overlord and Re:Zero I guess

Most of the other people care about LNs because its usually the little content their series get. I can't imagine a Spice and Wolf fag or an Yuki Yuna fag wanting LNs out.

OP is a retarded moderator
He wants to split this board into anime and manga
Also he does not like being spoiled by some faggot so LNs must also go into the manga board
Also he dislikes being called out a redditor or tumblrfag to those words will be banned.

Then, why don't you tell us how you know the mod is here?

I've been shitting on Light Novels for years now, this isn't new for me arguing with dumbass subhuman scum like you.

I'm loving this conspiracy theories.

Don't forget mobileposters.
That means you, now fuck off.

OP is also an ESLfag

>ban mobile posters
Do you all agree with this?

That's why we need to add it in since they've literally always been allowed. The reason it wasn't in the title originally is because anime and manga were nowhere near as closely tied to LNs when the board was made, LNs were almost literally what tier for the most part. These days it's like every other anime is LN based, you literally can't ban LNs.

Yeah I can tell, now go back to Cred Forums so you can continue arguing against dumbass human scum aka 'people who disagree with me'.

>LNfags choking down the "who's Rem" scene on us
If you thought there were any besides the spfag you only have yourself to blame
> and then it doesnt even fucking happen
Because is supposed to happen later with Subaru killing himself out of despair.

Threads were spoon-fed for months yet secondaries still ruin threads.

That's probably because translated light novels weren't a thing when moot started Cred Forums you niggerfaggot.

Way to make things up. It's not a matter of being spoiled. It an absolute FACT that Cred Forums is named ANIME + MANGA.

WHY ARE MODS KEEPING THIS THREAD UP?

>"mangas"
kill yourself you mong

Alright fags
Lets just call it Cred Forums - Anime, Manga, Light Novels, Visual Novels, Web Novels, and all around Otaku culture. Is that what you want?

It's fucking idiotic. It will just derail threads.

Your threads die because nobody cares or often even knows about them. If we get rid of generals maybe it'd be better as there are fewer constant slots being eaten but even then, if nobody posts threads die.
I'm not an animefag.

See holy fucking shit you retarded tumblrite

Not really. But if a series is based on a Light Novel I want to be able to discuss the novel. Especially if the series is over and the Light Novel is the only content left,

The manga fanbase on Cred Forums is too small to compete given Cred Forums's fast speed.

Fuck off Mugino. That won't change the canon het end in the anime will be the same as the LN.

DELETE THIS ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD, IT'S JUST NON-STOP SHITPOSTING

So we "need" another board just because no-one wants to discuss your hipster trash?

I would really like a ban on generals. Brief spates of a show taking over the board are better than the eternal mini forums a general creates

Since when is reading manga beyond Jump and other popular shit "hipster"?

Fuck off newfag, that's a thing from over a decade.

Funnily enough, when LNs started getting translated he promptly send them off to /jp/.

Moot approved only of LN threads with ongoing or soon to be ongoing adaptations. How long have you people been around?

Yeah. And I think we shouldn't stop at the ones that are up daily. There are weekly ones and even monthly ones, like Dungeon Meshi, YuYuYu, Akame ga Kill.

We need to crack down on the circlejerks even if new content is being released, otherwise they will just become cancer.

Cred Forums for anime and /ma/ for manga + LNs solves all these problems.

What Moot thinks or not is irrelevant. It is still retarded to ban talking about light novels of series that got an anime.

>3. Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban.
Kys you fucking cuck, lol.
Also checkem

The threads for the manga I enjoy survive well enough, you should stop trying to make threads for kusomanga.

>Hey guys check out my monstergrill self insert erotic fanfiction ai - idle activities

>buyfag
>drawfag
>daily japanese

>"monthly" general
Am I being baited
It only solves YOUR "problem", turboautist

FUCK ME HARDER

...

Your mother aborting you would've solved the problem of you shitting up Cred Forums with your retarded suggestions yet here we are.

I disagree. I think it's okay to reference any sort of source material in terms of how it relates to the adaptation. However, I don't believe anything that is not Anime or manga deserves its own thread. This includes a thread dedicated to the discussion of a light novel that just happens to have an anime or manga adaptation.

>Oh hey this scene was a bit different in the manga
banned
>Posting jokes from some comedic spin-off manga of the series
banned
>Posting about spin-offs of the series and such
banned

Yeah, sure sounds like a great idea.

Maybe you should broaden your manga horizons.

All rules require moderator judgement.
Does the thread taken as a whole primarily concern a manga or LN?

...

>It is still retarded to ban talking about light novels of series that got an anime.
And nobody said that to ban them. Just to move LN threads that are not part of discussing anime to /jp/ where they belong.

Just because people like can't use tabs or frames doesn't mean every thread with anime girl in OP should be on Cred Forums. It's perfectly fine to go to /jp/ to read about LN which adaptation is starting next year or ended half year ago. Anime announcement shouldn't be a permit to post anything barely related on Cred Forums. Especially when the board is as fast as ever.

Did an Indexfag spit on your sandwich? Did a Holo cosplayer run over your dog? What is the point in fucking series that have LNs like this?

Moderators which are known to not give a fuck about anime, if not outright be very SJW over lolis and such. You are letting the foxes guard the henhouse, retarded foxes that really hate nipples, even.

Samefag harder

Monthly generals are definitely a thing.

Cu.

A resume from all this threads:
Generals are bad, except the ones that are of my liking.

Nah, I'm just honestly curious.

Cuck.

Is it just a janitor here and not a moderator or what? Posts are getting deleted left and right but the thread is still up
I suppose the janitor is against /ma/? Those guys keep getting deleted.

Drop the Otaku Culture which is mainly 3D shit. The rest of it is arguably okay on Cred Forums if our catalog were doubled in size to fit all the new threads in, as it is the only reason I'd be against that is because it'd push off a lot of threads that might actually have passable interest in them.

What the fuck are you even talking about

>don't let people create discussion
>even when there is fresh material and therefore fresh discussion
??????

>weekly ones and monthly ones
>general
>monthly

Explain to me why you think (besides the title of the board which is not relevant for numerous reasons, including changed circumstances surrounding LNs in general) that LNs should be removed from Cred Forums. Just ask Hiro to make the board have a bigger catalog, it'd solve literally all the problems of both sides except spoilerfags. For that add a rule for the content-based boards that say spoilers need to bre in spoilers.

Why the fuck do you think they belong there any more than manga does? You have literally no fucking argument besides the title which is outdated as fuck, hell look at shit like GR3 it literally doesn't apply to Cred Forums somehow.

>ban evading

In two weeks we will have daily stalkershit general. I hope they will be banned permemently.

It's exactly what is going to happen. People don't want to just ban generals that have links to previous thread, they want a fulltime crusade based on some lousy terms that will eventually fuck them over.

Adding a manga board would not hurt Cred Forums.

>What is the point in fucking series that have LNs like this?
Because you need to draw the line somewhere. Either this board is Anime and Manga, or it's /jp/-lite. What about the shows that are adapted from Novels, Visual Novels, Web Novels, and all sorts of other sources? If you allow LN specific threads then you must allow the others too.
I come to this board because I want to discuss Anime & Manga. By visiting Cred Forums you can safely assume that I do those two things, but as of right now I'm expected to be a /jp/-fag just because some anime and manga are based off some Light Novel which is based off some web novel.

Fucking kill yourself already nigger.

Expand the board to include LNs and WNs then and make the catalog bigger.

Majority of anime are based on manga and LN maggot, deal with it or fuck off to tumblr.

>Either this board is Anime and Manga, or it's /jp/-lite
Cred Forums is already /jp/ lite. /jp/ is Japan / General or else Otaku Culture, literally all of Cred Forums falls into it.

Make Lelouch a fucking mod. NOW!

Even if threads about single new LN chapters like the ones Spice and Wolf or Yuki Yuna had were to be banned, people would still post content from said novels nevertheless.

Unless you want some crazy and inapplicable rule that bans people from mentioning anything that isn't shown in the anime, including stuff from games, novels and interviews.

The only ones I don't like happen to be from shows I do like. I'm basically indifferent to the other ones.

You sound like a huge fucking loser

It would kill Cred Forums dumbass. The board is already pretty slow compared to other boards. Cutting it in half would kill it. Cred Forums is the only board popular enough to be cut into different topics without any real loss on either end.

Don't talk to my dad that way. Shut the fuck up before I kick your ass. I'm warning you.

This is like a non-ESL version of that fucking imbecile from Overlord threads who tells everyone to fuck off and that he can't be assed to get better English
Please leave, you do not belong here.

Monthly generals are a thing because there is the sense of a circlejerking community.

The problem with generals isn't that they are constant but that they are enclaves. Symphogear doesn't have "daily" generals anymore but it clearly has a circlejerk to it for example, and since they live inside an echo chamber they will act as if the show was marginally accepted on Cred Forums and do shit like they did in last year's best of 2015 image.

So we must crack down the stuff, even if it isn't frequent.

At this point you could actually split both Cred Forums and /vg/ one more time each.

>maggot
Are you using some weird keyboard where the f is next to the m, or is this the new catchall insult?

>Why the fuck do you think they belong there any more than manga does? You have literally no fucking argument besides the title which is outdated as fuck, hell look at shit like GR3 it literally doesn't apply to Cred Forums somehow.
Why the fuck do you think they belong here besides the fact you're a massive newfag who can't remember few years old rules and conventions. Bringing /jp/ content back here is a cancer and that was a reason moot split Cred Forums in the first place. If your argument is that the title is outdated, why don't we just go and change title back to anime/random and stop caring about content rules at all?

Main reason is there should be multiple boards with balanced number of visitors. Cred Forums is not supposed to be a fast chatroom. It's supposed to promote quality discussion with enough time to sensibly respond. Putting LN threads where they belong is not going to hurt anybody except few faggot with shitty mobile browsers without tabs.

I have Asperger.

>Anime and Manga, or it's /jp/-lite

/jp/ is where the true oldfags and the highest of powerlevels reside. Most people on /jp/ have seen more anime series than 10+ average f/a/ggots combined. In addition a lot of people on /jp/ can watch anime without waiting for subs like you fucking faggot babbys. Generally, Cred Forums looks to each other for approval of things, while /jp/ looks inward at itself instead of relies on a hivemind mentality. Also Cred Forums has no OC besides shitty image macro memes that get old within a week; /jp/ translates VNs, games and has doujin translation teams that regularly post there. People at /jp/ know your own boards' subject far, far better than you do, fucking dream on if you think you have any kind of superiority in any way whatsoever.

We sneer at you fucking newfags/normalfags, your shonenshit Big 3 threads, quasi-Cred Forums mentality and everything else that makes Cred Forums suck fucking balls. /jp/ is a better board than Cred Forums could ever dream to be because most of you f/a/ggots are, in our eyes, eternal newfags, aka there is nothing you could ever say or do to bring yourself up to our level, because you aren't true oldfags. You're G/a/ia, you're ANN and MAL trash now. Stay away, we don't want you in /jp/, not now, not ever. Go on and continue existing in your own world of shit thinking that it's any good, while the master race quietly resides separated from you mongoloids.

Is this thread a fucking joke? It's living fucking irony and the only way it could possibly be serious is if OP is the most brain dead retard ever born.

If this is a fucking joke, it's not funny. Just sad.

>The board is already pretty slow compared to other boards
No.
>Cutting it in half would kill it
Manga isn't close to half of Cred Forums.

What you're really asking for is for a merge of Cred Forums and /jp/ + a bump in board size to handle this.

All of Cred Forums falls under /jp/, but not all of /jp/ should fall under Cred Forums. They're separate for a reason.

I've already stated multiple times that referencing source material of Anime and Manga should always be allowed no matter the source.

Nice copypasta. I read it on /qa/ too.

Why do you think so? Cred Forums didn't get killed when /jp/ was split off and it was slower than now.

Niwaka detected.

I-I don't want to have more than two tabs open.

These threads are attracting a lot of crossboarders. Nice job buddy

I alternate between /jp/ and Cred Forums depending on which one pisses me off more at the moment.

/jp/ is basically /2hu/ and that fends off most underage faggots who are afraid of "moeshit".

Yeah, I know. We had this discussion a decade ago.

>The problem with generals isn't that they are constant but that they are enclaves
You mean fucking fanbases? Holy shit this is another level of autism. I guess the SnS threads that happen every week are circlejerks too.
A general thread is literally, and by definition, a thread that continues constantly and links to previous and next threads.

No you fucking idiot, /jp/ was split literally because we had to get the touhoufags out, everything else could wait at that point. Every fucking thread had that retarded Marisa image in it at one point it was basically the /mlp/ for touhou.

>Main reason is there should be multiple boards with balanced number of visitors
Yeah because it's not like Cred Forums and its spinoff boards literally dwarf the rest of the goddamn site combined

>What you're really asking for is for a merge of Cred Forums and /jp/ + a bump in board size to handle this.
Yes I fucking am, as long as we keep the 3D out. We can keep 3D in /jp/ for all I care, Touhou too I guess although that's kind of iffy for me as long as it stays in one thread and doesn't leak.

Alright, well I disagree with expanding territory into /jp/ material. I don't see why we should even consider this. Are you just trying to keep normalfags out by doing this? For what purpose?
I say keep Cred Forums - Anime & Manga

Either good bait or SERIOUSLY brainretarded

>Secondaries can eat dirt, they were never supposed to be a goddamn thing here
Are you retarded? You don't seriously think the source material for random shit that got adapted was all translated online in 2003, do you?

Chinks and gooks proxy voted

OP keeps shilling his debunked poll.\

Fuck off faggot OP.

what is thebest anime

It's no wonder KoG moved to other boards.

ALLOW PORN
BAN PORN THREADS
YURI IS FORBIDDEN LOVE

According to the world, it's either some Miyazaki-movie, or Evangelion.

I wish these threads would stop. It feels like 2012 all over again.

Reminder to check the archive.

A gook from /qa/ is trying to force gookshit on Cred Forums.

OP is likely the same gook or a fellow gook hiding behind his /qa/ poll.

>for what purpose?
Because there ceases to be a functional difference between anime, manga, and LNs / WNs at this point. All of them tend to evolve into each other (LNs / WNs only evolve to the other two for the most part). Most anime wasn't based off LNs back when the board was titled, at this point it's like a good third or half are LN-based. Manga was originally allowed both because it was often-translated and because it literally became anime. Now that LNs are also often translated I see no reason why they should be excluded. With a bigger board this solves literally everything. LNfags get what they want. Mangafags get more room for the unpopular threads. Animefags still get to talk about their shit like always. Spoilers just need to be more strictly enforced, you shouldn't be saying things that happen next episode just to get a rise out of people but if you have to discuss it, use the spoiler tag.

Ehem

Is that uh
Keit-ai on the top

Wait I thought this image was an edit
What the fuck?

>No you fucking idiot, /jp/ was split literally because we had to get the touhoufags out, everything else could wait at that point.
You're selectively ignoring ever-present TMfags and ronery spammers. You're also forgetting that it took weeks before touhou took over /jp/. While posting the touhou hijack was strictly bannable offense on Cred Forums it didn't appear regularly on /jp/ until people got bored of new content everywhere.

To get rid of touhou hijacks, all mods have to do was to make that image auto permaban on all boards. Instead moot decided that Cred Forums has too big focus for it's own good and split it.

The fact is, moving the content that wasn't directly related to the airing show didn't hurt board at all and the early post-split period was among the best Cred Forums ever had. And it worked before faggots started to bring that cancer back and moot stopped caring.

It's good to see that Cred Forums's meme magick is that strong.

Nice quints

Okay I really don't want to do this but this is horrible thread anyway.
Nice digits.
In honor of those digits, I'll close this thread for the good of Cred Forums although I'm pretty sure it'll do nothing.

>a good third or half are LN-based
Literally less than 5% of this season is LN adaptations. 2 out of 42.

We need to go lewder.

Fucking checked.

>Is that uh
>Keit-ai on the top
Well, now it is.

This!! Simply put, we must go lewder.

This is quite literally one of the worst threads in which I've ever been on Cred Forums.
And I've been here for 8 years already.
Even goddamn toonamicancer was over after some threads of spamming

...

I thought OP was a mod who hates LNs and wants /ma/?

Who knows. All I know from the archive was a massive amount of deletions.

I never agreed to these threads and gookshit has nothing to do here. Fuck off.

It seems like you view Cred Forums as not Anime & Manga, but as Anime + anime supplementary material. Just because Anime has recently started to adapt a lot of material from LN this past decade does not really mean it belongs here. Anime and Manga will always be deeply tied to each other in both industry and art form on a level that other mediums such as Light Novels will never come close to.
For some reason you also seem to believe that making the board bigger will mean more varied discussion. The reality is that there will just be even more threads of the same shit that will just drown out your hypothetical "LNfag threads," and "Mangafags having more room for the unpopular threads." I guarantee those threads will still get pushed off to the 10th or 15th or even 20th page.

>Anime and Manga will always be deeply tied to each other in both industry and art form on a level that other mediums such as Light Novels will never come close to.
Why?

>I guarantee those threads will still get pushed off to the 10th or 15th or even 20th page.
Kumo Threads regularly make it to bump limit when they're still made.

>This thread

That's because people are taking a shitty bait thread way too seriously.

This, you can't just throw pages at the board and expect it to work out.
We need a manga + LN board.

> Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban.
>implying that some faggot being a cuck is somehow bait

Funnily enough, I just checked, and in Summer 2006 it was 1/22, almost the exact same proportion. The whole "LNs are much more important now, they're just like manga!" thing is heavily fucking overblown.

Here's a starter pack because this is getting out of hand

Im surprised user's hasn't caught on this blatant shitposting

You should also include the screencap of that mod post who promised to have generals purged before the year ended. That one got spammed hard for a period of time too.

Sure is Tyranny of the very shitty majority in here.

Things that will actually help Cred Forums like finally purging general threads before Cred Forums goes full Cred Forums are right out, but unbanning LN's so you filthy circlejerkers can have yet another excuse to have a chatroom run in perpetuity fly through.

can you link that one?

>So you filthy circlejerkers can have yet another excuse to have a chatroom run
That excuse being content?

...

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

WHY ARE THESE THREADS STILL GOING?

...

Content! Content!
That's what you have in generals do you now?

The only reason you shits want LN's on the board is so when an adaptation finishes you can keep you fucking general going until Christ comes back.

The anime / LN divide is one of the very few things still occasionally enforced that kills your circlejerks dead. You are the worst thing to happen to Cred Forums. You are literally killing the board.

Repeating digits.

...

Yes? New LN chapters are content, as it continues to tell what is happening to the characters and plot.

Yeah, someone should do something that fucking ban-evading trip/namefagging /u/fag. He and his fake ESL are an embarrassment to both Cred Forums and /u/. Hiro-kun, please ban Mugino permanently.

>purging general threads
I prefer for Fate threads to stick to one instead of flooding the whole board. Same for [email protected], Precure, Berserk, Overlord, etc.

Simple example is that Anime and Manga are both visual mediums and will heavily borrow from each other in that aspect. When comparing the Jojo anime vs the manga you can see the two are very close in all aspects and the adaptation tries to reproduce as much as possible. It seems agreed upon that the best anime adaptations of manga seem to just add a layer of motion, color, and music to the source. Compare this to something like Spice and Wolf where a whole other aspect of visual direction needs to be created for the adaptation.

Threads that stay alive right now will stay alive. Threads that died before will die no matter how many pages we have.

Heres the fucking starter pack, remember to report this shit because it's clearly one faggot who's trying to push gookshit on Cred Forums

>LNs
What about VNs made into anime?

Never EVER post my picture again you bastard

...

The levels of irony in this thread and all subsequent generals before it is fucking palpable.

You're all just shitposting out of boredom yeah? Because this shit is hilariously sad.

>purge generals
You retards don't even know what you're talking about, just like that mod.
Lurk a few years more.
We prefer that your IQ be greater than your shoe size in order for you to post here.

Does it really matter if it's on Cred Forums or not? You're not getting continuation anyway, so you might as well clean the way for new and fresh content on Cred Forums and move to a place where more people are willing to talk about it. Hell, /jp/ probably has more translators anyway.

OP is a mod though

This is the most dead fucking excuse ever.

Yes, and? When were mods ever not braindead?

>image.gif
>thread was made by a mobile poster
Explains fucking everything.

Of these only berserk and procure belongs here. Banning generals wouldn't cause much spill.

Thank you for supporting my claim with that pic.

>The board is already pretty slow compared to other boards
Never go full retard. The oldest thread on Cred Forums was created 2~3 days ago. There are other boards on this site housing threads that were literally created years ago.

>A new novel for Date a Live resurges the never ending circlejerk
THEY NEED TO GO.

It's the flavor of the month shitposting general. Pay no mind to it because it's filled with literal retards.

see There's also index and plenty of other stuff with new anime coming out or ongoing mangas.
You want separate threads for each of the -monogataris?
Anime/manga is too expansive for "ban generals" meme to make any lick of sense.

If another meta thread gets made im posting this in it because it's clearly shitposting.

remember to report this cancerous general because it's just shitposting central

Hey look, I made it on.

>there's a general and another thread
>but this supports my claim we need generals
You're balkanizing the board. You are arguing for the literal cessation of Cred Forums as an entity.
So you can hangout in a thread for ever and ever like some fucking forum. That's not what Cred Forums is, and if you ever finish the job then Cred Forums is truly dead like Cred Forums before it.

So we all agree that Cred Forums should stay Anime & Manga now right? I can't stay up all night arguing with LNfags.

What a cute rocket ship.

Of course we are.
I mean, nobody here is really taking any of this shit seriously right? R-Right?

Cred Forums is not 'we'. there is no 'we'. Anyone in these fucking threads is a shitposter and falling for raw bait.

Those look like turtles, they should just swim across the fucking river. Dumbass biologists.

>Danganronpa x2
>this cancer
>Dragonball genereal
>Naruto
>Re:Zero general
Just kill me

Forgot to add Jojo as well

Yes yes, monthly generals and all that.

It's a new fucking novel though.

It's terminal. And it's turned this way because of crossboarders bringing their board killing filth with them.

The general situation was under control not three years ago. The boards population hasn't grown exponentially since then. It can be brought back in order with but a little effort.

Jojo is good.

Doesn't make it less cancerous.

I don't understand this pic.

>The boards population hasn't grown exponentially since then
And yet 'shitposters' have grown because people have had enough and fucking left.

>>but this supports my claim we need generals
What do you want danganropafags to do then? Multiple threads all over the board? They need to keep it to one.

Cred Forums is a forum, you imbecile. We all come here for Cred Forumsnime and manga discussion, so you would instead have all boards merged back into one immensely massive Cred Forums?

It's not balkanization, idiot. The hostility is just bored trolling, like everything else on Cred Forums.

>Jojo is good.
The threads and fanbase sure fucking aren't. Maybe if they weren't up 24/7 it'd be a different story

Posters like this one are the reason I support there being a manga board. Posters like this shit up and sometimes even completely derail threads for currently airing manga adaptations with wankfests over how much source material each user has digested.

>It's terminal.
>The boards population hasn't grown exponentially since then. It can be brought back in order with but a little effort.

OP HERE
Rule n.2 is a joke mods. Don't follow this stupid rule. Ban any and all goookshi

>jojo general is okay
>but DaL discussing their LITERAL N E W CONTENT isn't because of an arbitrary designation of 'cancer' aka 'I don't like it', similar to Cred Forums calling anyone they like 'white'
Yeah no.

>implement board based mods
>Cred Forums's board based mod is originally from Cred Forums
this is what we get for trying

>JoJo is good
JoJo is literally more cancerous than any of those others you mentioned. Even Naruto, at this stage.

I'm not baiting though. I have legitimately been arguing with lnfags for years about this. I just want them all gone. Sometimes I can't go to bed because I know when I wake up lnfags will be still be allowed on Cred Forums.

>replying to a deleted post

you're clearly not samefagging

I said you're falling for bait just by being in this fucking thread can you not read
>Sometimes I can't go to bed because I know when I wake up lnfags will be still be allowed on Cred Forums.
/r9k/ tier fuck off.

Maybe I am. Maybe I'm not. I know what I'm doing regardless, and at least I can fucking type properly, retard.

Jojo threads are as bad as DAL at this point. Just kill em all.

Remove discussion of anything ongoing at the thread level. Weekly episode threads only invite low quality posting, because there's usually not enough content in an episode to sustain the thread (let alone threads for the entire week). This type of discussion should be moved into "speculation" threads where anything ongoing can be discussed. There can be one for ongoing anime, one for onging manga, and so on. These days one thread can easily handle discussion of more than one thing at a time, and this would help isolate people consuming source material and adaptations from one another and prevent shitposting.

After a series has completed a cour or a volume, open it up to discussion at the thread level. Here people can discuss the source material and its adaptations together. Spoilers shouldn't be a problem here, people browsing these threads are more likely to care about the source material anyway.

Allow discussion of LNs, WNs, and VNs. These are inseparable from anime, and they aren't really tolerated on other boards at the moment. With less episodic generals there would be plenty of room for them.

The only realistic way for lnfags to go away is to make a combined manga ln board.
He's not that was me.

I'm both and , for the record. Don't lump me in with the jojofags.

>Jojo is good.
The threads and fanbase aren't. Fanfics, yaoi spam, low-effort "wats ur favorite part/stand" posts, people unironically linking to tumblr. Liking the series itself is one thing but saying that the fanbase and generals are "good" or in any way above any other shitty general is delusional. Don't pretend that one form of cancer is any more acceptable than another.

You retarded fags just want to ban all of the moe shows

fuck off

There's literally no thread on this board worse than the Jojo general, even the Overlord general in December wasn't this bad.

The smallest tumor will kill you if the surgeon is never allowed to operate, which is where we are now.

Maybe I am, don't bully me.

Good luck with that retard

So, just because index gets new show once in a decade, it's fine to keep it here indefinitely? When you read these threads it becomes plenty obvious where anime-related discussion ends and where it turn purely to LN material?

For me, "ban generals" is actually just a plea to remove threads with no new content which are being bumped to stay on board in between the chapters for no good reason.

>There's literally no thread on this board worse than the Jojo general
You realize what thread you're in right?

> Remove discussion of anything ongoing at the thread level
Congratulations, this is the dumbest suggestion in all of these threads so far.

That's not what a disease being terminal means you fuckwit.

Index is a mainstay. For all your whining about how shit used to be you sure are arbitrary where you apply it.

This thread doesn't count it's a bad dream. I'm actually on old Cred Forums somehow.

>3. Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban
this better not include spongeposting

I'm sorry you took the time to type up something so retarded. You basically just want to nuke Cred Forums and start from the ground up as something entirely different.

Normalfag memes need to go. I fucking vomit anytime I see the term normie thrown around on here.

This is literally one of the worst threads in the history of Cred Forums and im fucking here to witness it.

the fact that the mods still haven't done anything is because they're still fucking falling for the "HIRO ALLOWED US.jpg" shield.

>it's cancerous because I don't like it
Fuck off to Cred Forums you crossboarder

...what the fuck is going on here...? Are you saying to literally disabling making threads and create three or four persistent threads?

>Remove discussion of anything ongoing at the thread level.
In other words, remove Cred Forums.
>Weekly episode threads only invite low quality posting, because there's usually not enough content in an episode to sustain the thread (let alone threads for the entire week).
Since forever. Such threads aren't supposed to last a whole week, and they often don't anyway.

>This type of discussion should be moved into "speculation" threads where anything ongoing can be discussed. There can be one for ongoing anime, one for onging manga, and so on. These days one thread can easily handle discussion of more than one thing at a time, and this would help isolate people consuming source material and adaptations from one another and prevent shitposting.
That's a general thread. That's why we end up with those.

>After a series has completed a cour or a volume, open it up to discussion at the thread level. Here people can discuss the source material and its adaptations together. Spoilers shouldn't be a problem here, people browsing these threads are more likely to care about the source material anyway.
General thread handles that. Once discussion has exhausted source material, it turns into waifu wars and the usual funposting.

>people give sauce

That's like asking for the name of an anime or manga during 3x3 threads if you're unfamiliar with it. So nothing particularly wrong with that, though "please rec me stuff to watch" threads are cancer. The rest I agree.

Fuck you user. I'm sick of people responding with "fuck off". Either report, ignore, or filter.

I thought that's how the rules were decided? If enough people don't like it then it's cancer and becomes bannable?

>ban all anime
Delete Cred Forums.

>literally the worst general on the board
>very few even historically match up to it
>"good"
>but DaL is fine despite getting legitimate anticipated new content

I done said it once before and I be sayin it again.

Ain't nobody touchin mah JoJo's.

>Anticipated new content
>Ded thread full of faggots
I get that everyone wants to strawman that guy because he's an idiot that said Jojo was okay, but can we stop pretending that DAL threads aren't shit?

>remove Cred Forums
Good idea faggot

People like it and your butthurt posting won't change that.

>That's a general thread. That's why we end up with those.
Dead wrong. A speculation thread is a speculation thread. It dies with the season and when the show isn't airing, or it dies when interest in speculating is low.

It is not a perpetual placeholder that rolls on and on even after the show has finished. That's a general.

Not him, and I don't know if DaL is shit or not, but a thread for a new release is hardly a general by any stretch of the imagination.

>we
Fuck off.

Just split Cred Forums into a thousand mini boards, maybe then people will stop complaining. I want my megane board, but only pettanko megane, if you want oppai megane go to your oppai megane circlejerk board.

If you ban a general, it will be replaced by multiple, simultaneous daily threads of what it used to cover.
Why can't you understand that? Mods aren't going to go hunting for threads trying to keep a fanbase "under control", they've got their hands full with people posting off-topic garbage and breaking the rules. Mods/janitors aren't going to do it.

>when the show isn't airing
Did you not read that abomination of a suggestion? The nigger wants to make one thread for all ongoing anime and disallow any threads about them outside of that.

What's arbitrary about clear separation of content and discussion focus? Even moot agreed to that.

Index shouldn't ever become a mainstay. And what exactly you mean "used to be". That people can go full newfag mode because the rules that "used to be" before they came do not apply to them? Who's being arbitrary here?

Your whole argument sounds to me like "I'm newfag, who's more?" or you're just baiting.

I didn't say it isn't shit but if they have new content they have new content you can't just call them cancer and ban them.

Having one single thread for all ongoing series, maintained throughout the season, is a general.

>Index shouldn't ever become a mainstay
It's been one for years slowpoke.

Read the suggestion, he literally wants to make /sage/ - Seasonal Anime General.

How about we don't.

>A speculation thread is a speculation thread. It dies with the season and when the show isn't airing, or it dies when interest in speculating is low. It is not a perpetual placeholder that rolls on and on even after the show has finished. That's a general.
No, I'm saying a general thread also contains the speculation. Or the speculation thread becomes the general thr4ead anyway.

Independent speculation threads like you talk about are "short-lived generals" anyway, and mainly only exist for series without a lot of fans, Dead-Wrong-kun.

So if they go through with this. Which one of you faggots is gonna be our board based mod? Also what's the qualifications to be one? I might be that faggot since I atleast get on for an hour every day.

>short-lived generals

>which one
None of us I hope. Anyone in this thread is a fucking shitposter.
I also can't wait for the mod to ban shit he doesn't like.

It'll be me, because I met a Japanese guy once and he said I was cool.

An hour every day is literally nothing, nigger.

>so you would instead have all boards merged back into one immensely massive Cred Forums?
You know what, fuck you yes, I want something like that. Instead I don't want all the boards to merge together, I want the boards to be their own flavour of Cred Forums like used to be. I'll stop shitposting for a second so I can say fuck you.

Cred Forums IS A CHAN NOT A FUCKING TRADITIONAL FORUM. Generals IS NOT chan culture. It is literally something that is trying to counter chan culture and is the exact opposite of it. THIS IS A FUCKING FACT. The way chans run is they encourage and are based around organic ephemeral posting. Generals/forums are based around artificial forever and ever posting. They are oil and water and the generals are fucking oil.

Yes, I want Cred Forums shit. Guess what? Cred Forums isn't a fucking evil you have been conditioned to hate. It is the founding board and culture. Half the shit people call "Cred Forums shit" these days is just normal fucking Cred Forums culture. Every board at one point was basically its own flavoured Cred Forums. The boards were based around a topic and they discussed that topic while being fucking idiots having fun. There was none of this dumbass serious shit you want or we must hide from each other. Fuck off.

Generals DO NOT BELONG ON Cred Forums IN ANY FORM YOU DUMB MOUTH BREATHER.

>short-lived generals
Literally how the fuck does this even work you imbecile how are you defining 'general' threads? It sounds to me like you're tacking it on like /gsg/ attaches 'meme' to literally anything to make it shit

Why not? They're just gonna post muh baka best girl + random image dump because the thread keeps hitting page 10. Fucking useless shit that isn't even anime or manga. Just because it had an adaption years ago doesn't mean we have to house the autists that cant let go of it for years to come.

> Multiple threads all over the board? They need to keep it to one.
>Cred Forums is a forum, you imbecile
Fuck off and kill yourself.

A speculation thread that morphs into a general is due for the hatchet. They are wholly distinct from your google hangout masquerading as an Cred Forums thread.

A thread on a dedicated subject isn't a general. Fuck off.

>The generals keep everything contained to one thread

How stupid do you actually have to be?

>short lived generals
>monthly generals
This fucking thread.

Because it has new content.

>Cred Forums is a forum
Yeah nah game over.
Doth thou know how the world endeth?

can we please merge with /jp/?

Some newfags, who don't bother to lurk, just see the word "general" and are mislead into thinking it means any thread that is about a series overall, rather than about a specific thing in that series or a specific question about it - a thread for general discussion of X, which is of course not what it means.

>I atleast get on for an hour every day
HAHAHA, Holy shit user, are you actually serious? Please tell me you weren't sincere with that post. You aren't new by any chance, are you? You're in a hive with some literal NEETs who spend every waking second on this board.

Cute fish

New novel content. Where is the anime or manga?

Half of the generals would die after single wave of bans. The point is to teach people to create threads only when they need to and not to create threads just in case, a warning sticky should do it. The second point is to move not related threads where they belong.

It would take some effort, but Cred Forums had shitstorms that took days to calm down and mods did just fine.

In their hearts.

He's probably someone who lives on Cred Forums and thinks general means more than one thread or something stupid like that.

I like how I posted in half of these threads in this image and even created that Subaru thread at the bottom.

Maybe I should leave Cred Forums to make this user happy.

>a warning sticky
>sticky
And you're calling other people newfags

Did I ever imply otherwise? I just say it was a mistake to ever allow index LNs to be discussed here without restrictions.

I hope you're either joking or banned.

Quotation marks means that that's not what it literally means, illiteratefag, but have your fun, this thread is full of you bored imbeciles.

I hope to god you're baiting

That's cute

What the fuck are you on about?

Fuck off newfag.

It can't be metaphorically one either, that's like the opposite of saying stars are basically the moons of their planets. No that's not the wrong way around, yes it's technically true. What you said is just complete bullshit.

>a sticky
>on Cred Forums

What are we going to do about the reptile threads?

Seriously, what's with that? Can't Cred Forums have stickies anymore or what?

Fuck off already

Here's a new suggestion:

Permanently ban any of the frequent posters each season complaining about how there's nothing good airing or how there are only 1~3 good shows to watch. They clearly do not like anime and are only here to shitpost. Time for them to find a new hobby and hang-out spot.

>1. Cred Forums won't split into Cred Forums and /ma/ nor will it merge with any other board.
Of course not, why would it?
>2. LNs
Yes
>and gookshit
Ew no
>3. Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban.
Why? Stop taking the bait.
>4. Board Based Mods have to be introduced.
This is obvious and I don't get why it's not a thing

Nobody gets why it isn't a thing, I'm pretty sure /vg/ has general-based mods actually I've seen general-specific shitposting get deleted before (as in, it wouldn't be shitposting in any other general because it plays off local memes).

>that's like the opposite of saying stars are basically the moons of their planets.
A better analogy would have been "like saying that planets are the moons of their star".

People see a speculation thread and are likely to bring other kinds of discussion to it related to the show/manga.

GOSH!

THIS

and /r/ec threads

>Nobody gets why it isn't a thing
I assume it's because it would require a good number of new mods to be hired, and Hiro's too inept/lazy to do something that drastic

Well, it was a lie. Cred Forums moderates itself by shitposting things they don't like to oblivion and the mods moderate by banning said people who believe they are "self-moderators".

>People see a speculation thread and are likely to bring other kinds of discussion to it related to the show/manga.
Yes, and that's not what a fucking general means, as said. A general is a perpetual thread, not just any "general-purpose" thread about a given show. A "short-lived general" is an oxymoron, you fucking newfag.

>"short-lived general" is an oxymoron
That's why I used quotations, newfag-kun. I compared it to a perpetual thread, as it is effectively the precursor to one and why we have general threads.

>Hiro's too inept/lazy to do something that drastic
No, Hiro just doesn't care. Nothing is going to come out of any of these threads. He probably isn't even going to read any of the suggestions that are actually agreed on. He just said that shit to appease people.

I don't see why that's a better analogy, since planets are essentially speaking the moons of their star. Stars CAN be considered the moons of their planets, it just sounds retarded and doesn't make any sense you'd just say 'star'. Jupiter and the Sun technically fucking qualify as a binary system but nobody would call it that.
A general thread is not a 'general purpose' thread, saying a 'short-lived general' is like saying a safe nuke.

It's not a thing because there are not enough mods, obviously. What you need is board specific janitors (which is a thing) to suggest bans, to take away decision making from mods and one or two admins who actually know about all boards enough to steer them in decent direction.

> it is effectively the precursor to one and why we have general threads
Only in the most technical and irrelevant sense. The actual issues with a general are not present in normal threads, and comparing the two is incredibly stupid.

We could just have a janny in each board couldn't we?

I fail to see how this is a problem. Ongoing anime is, after all, just a small fraction of anime. Another advantage of having all ongoing anime posters in one thread is that it could lead to cross-pollination. People may be exposed to ongoing anime that they wouldn't have been otherwise, thus increasing the average number of series watched among the population and raising the level of discussion. When it's time for a finished anime to graduate to its own threads, there will be more people qualified to discuss it. Imagine creating a thread for any anime you just watched that doesn't die after a few posts.

>I fail to see how this is a problem.
That's because you're a massive retard and somehow think that cramming 40 shows, probably 10 of which could support their own bump-limit threads, into one thread is a good idea.

A designated nuke that has been disarmed can be called a relatively "safe nuke".

The actual problem with a general thread isn't that it tends to go off-topic or that it has a lot of nonfocused general discussion, it's that it tends to create circlejerks, namefagging, tripfagging, discord groups in especially shit cases, fanfiction, >page 10, and other shit that simply cannot happen in a thread without the defining characteristic of a general thread
If you actually had shit to talk about for a consecutive 960 hours somehow it'd be a general but not a general we shit on. The problem is that it's obviously impossible to have that much shit to talk about.

Say a fucking Love-Live show airs or a new season of Haruhi gets announced.

I just don't like eating shit, unlike you.
Are you mad?

>I fail to see how this is a problem.
Because you are an idiot who has no idea how chans are meant to function.

This has caused some fanbases to grow, yes.

>phoneposter
>wants rule changes

Kill yourself, you faggot.

We do have multiple. This board is just too big and fast for its own good. It also tends to exhaust popular new content too fast and slow threads fall off the radar before people can take interest.

>Imagine creating a thread for any anime you just watched that doesn't die after a few posts.
But I can't do that, I have to wait until it's over. Unless you mean if I watch it ages later, but at that point no one's going to fucking care about most of the shows from that season anyway.

Could you remove the "loli" threads? They are creepy.

These threads are just crossboarders trying to change Cred Forums

Ban mobile posters
also fuck off cunt

>it tends to create namefagging, tripfagging
very few do that, you idiot
>circlejerks
unavoidable, but the people enabling the circlejerk should be reported and mods need to ban them or delete posts

Any thread that falls off the board without more than a few replies seriously doesn't have that much interest potential to begin with. This isn't chatroom speed or anything, you have like an hour before you fall off the board without a single reply, and if you can get one person to reply then that becomes longer.

As I fucking expected, Thier crying on /qa/ goes unanswered so they take the battle here. They should all fucking die.

they are Cred Forums, kill yourself

How about one for every three threads or something then
Like literally have a janny who lurks Dagashi threads when they show up and lurks the imouto / oneechan / tomboy threads so he knows what to delete
Have a janny in each general (I HIGHLY fucking doubt generals are actually going to leave, this is the next best bet)
Have a janny for the popular fanbases etc.

>very few do that you idiot
On Cred Forums maybe, but Cred Forums remains one of the better boards despite this bullshit today.

>On Cred Forums maybe
WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS BOARD, DUMBASS, NOT THE REST

Yes and the post you replied to was pointing out the problem in general with general threads. Are you defending general threads or attacking them or what, I'm confused. Strictly speaking there's nothing wrong with 'good' general threads, those that are generals because there's really that much interest
Honestly I don't know what the problem is. Cred Forums used to be stupid shit every fucking thread and it was okay because it was fun. Now it's all srs bsns

>i don't like x, y, and z
>cry about it all the time
BAN

Are you claiming the mods never stuck threads when shit was going down as a warning?

We've had the entire front page be stickied public ban threads before.

They are generals, period. Also remove anything about waifus, also that Yui Christmas thing is annoying.

Not one bit user, I just think it's sad that they can't broaden their tastes. Especially seasons like the next, for example, it would be worrisome to have a low number of shows based on the amount of sequels and continuations alone. It creates an image of a rookie-ist, someone who hasn't been in the game long.

I'm willing to admit I watch a lot of shows I would only describe as "mediocre, average or decent," but I do not force myself. I enjoy every show I watch in my own way.

>remove anything about waifus
Then let us merge Cred Forums back into Cred Forums.

>loli threads
>generals
They are closer to randum/b/ crap, if anything.
Oh wait-

When?

>This board is just too big and fast for its own good. It also tends to exhaust popular new content too fast and slow threads fall off the radar before people can take interest.
I completely disagree, and I've seen no one in this whole two-day shitfest give even a single example, forget enough to be representative, of these supposedly neglected threads that would be flourishing if the board was slower or was focused on manga or whatever. For the record, the last things off the board were a Wonder thread (0 replies in ~90 minutes - literally no one cares about that shit, you'll never get more than like 20 posts in that thread even if it were up for twenty hours), a Re:Zero thread (1 reply in ~90 minutes; there are like a million of those threads, of course some fall through, no loss), and a Slayers thread (10 replies in ~90 minutes - this one could have taken off, I guess, but there are plenty of Slayers threads and some just aren't going to catch fire, no real loss). What topics are there that are being smothered solely by the speed of Cred Forums? Because I don't see them.

Reminder that we need to merge Cred Forums and /jp/, and that it is the duty of everyone who does not hate fun to remind everyone of this at all available times.

All Japanese media belongs together in one big fun board.

>"I want to stick my penis in x"
>"your waifu is trash"
>repeat ad infinitum
Wow, so much fun.

hello newfag

Maybe if we had a bigger catalogue.

>I'm willing to admit I watch a lot of shows I would only describe as "mediocre, average or decent," but I do not force myself. I enjoy every show I watch in my own way.
you are a gentleman and true animefan

Beautiful

>pointing out the problem in general with general threads
problems that are minor and mods should deal with

Cred Forums is "alive", and if something is alive, it evolves, cry me an ocean

how about we make an "/ag/ - Anime/Manga Generals"?
Then watch Cred Forums die. You fags need to learn your lesson.

...

Oh I certainly don't mind if generals continued while being pruned of cancer, I've nothing against generals themselves. If they can keep alive after their cancer is pruned that just proves they have something to talk about.

Who's this?

Threads can support a lot more discussion than they currently do though. Backlinks and the archive make it easy to follow individual discussions even across threads. You can use filters to highlight posts you might be interested in or hide ones you don't care about.

It also doesn't have to be 40 shows in one thread. There could be a ongoing seinen anime thread or an ongoing isekai anime thread if there are enough shows to support it. The idea is to have each thread open to discussion about enough topics so that it stays fresh.

You can ignore the posts with pictures of shows you don't care for. Or use filters.

There is no specific way a chan has to function. That's up to the users and the moderation. The only defining characteristics of a chan is that it has anonymous posting and images.

Great, you can find people who want to talk about the ongoing show you're watching in the ongoing show thread.

Luna the Dolly, we post her on Sundays.

>this entire fucking thread

>You can ignore the posts with pictures of shows you don't care for. Or use filters.
A Haruhi S3 would easily be a good 30% of the posts there. A Fate Grand Order anime would be possibly even more without another titan-tier anime in that season.

I think when these finally die I'm going to go through all of them and choose some highlights, so that in the future we can remember never to do this ever again.

someone needs to make a meta thread simulator type vid to highlight all this fucking cancer.

user pls, don't waste your time, people will never learn.

never have, never will

What exactly is wrong with the small communities generals create if they stay within their own thread?

Can you just please kill yourself with your containment cancer?

just ignore it,

it's just one faggot trying to enforce made up rules by an unreliable strawpoll

Cred Forums is meant to be a community and the boards are the community. Threads are not community's, they are a means for the community to interact. In addition, threads don't have fucking topics, fuck off.

Why even be on Cred Forums if you're just gonna circle jerk in one thread?

>circle jerk in one thread

This is already happening in this cancerous general,

the irony in this garbage thread is giving me cancer

Because I like the community that congregates here?

How about your own post? There is some real strong irony in that post of yours. Did it double your cancer?

>Not having 10 threads open.
Fucking casuals

You clearly don't like the community that spawns on Cred Forums if you spend your time in generals or threads like them.

What if I like both?

I like a small community I can get to know of the kinds of people who come here.

It doesn't really impact you if you don't go in those threads.

Then you aren't looking for Cred Forums and are only plaguing the site. And it sure as fucking hell impacts everyone, what a retarded argument.

>And it sure as fucking hell impacts everyone
How

wow you sure proved me wrong user! I guess the quality of this thread shows that it isn't a cancerous circlejerk right?

>how does half the front page and catalog being generals and entire series becoming generals preventing discussion of those series without the general impact anyone
I know this thread is just for shitposting, but come on user.

So you want to take generals and make them even more nightmarish? Do you not realize just how much anime there is? It would be an absolute clusterfuck of topics crashing into eachother from every conceivable direction. The fact that you have so many pre-requisites in order to browse the thread (backlinks, archive, filters, hiding posts) just makes it obvious that your idea is totally impractical, not to mention bugfuck retarded.

You are apart of that circlejerk user. How does it feel to be apart of the very cancer that is giving you cancer?

>1. Cred Forums won't split into Cred Forums and /ma/ nor will it merge with any other board.
Good
>2. LNs and gookshit are allowed on Cred Forums.
Okay
>3. Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban.
Bad idea, the board should self-moderate that shit. We're too ban happy as it is right now.
>4. Board Based Mods have to be introduced.
Oh fuck no! Over-moderation is the reason everything is shitposts and generals.

Funny thing - one of the reasons cancer is so fucking hard to treat is because it isn't some foreign shit, it is literally you. Cancer is when YOU kill yourself.

So not only you're not proving me wrong but you literally have no argument refuting that this cancerous thread isn't a circlejerk or a stealth shitposting thread.

>b-but muh special sekret klub!!!!!!!!!!
God damn you're a fucking faggot

I never said that this wasn't a shitposting thread.

>it's a I can't self moderate so I need "new" rules thread
Though, for the love of god, can we ban those new cancerous 3x3 threads?
I've already filtered this shit multiple times but they keep changing the fucking OPs.

...

The only shit that needs to be banned are ESLs

Remove generals and autism

/thread

These threads are just going to turn into the same people saying the same obvious shit that anyone who's been on Cred Forums for 5+ years already knows.

thanks for agreeing that this cancerous general has no purpose anymore and it only promotes shitposting.

Glad we can agree on something user.

...

The hate for generals has been so consistent for so long, I don't really understand why nothing has ever been done

Why the fuck do people think that posting from your phone = shitposter?

What the fuck even draws you to this conclusion. Most people have fucking phones.

Go cry on your tumblr about it.

>remove 3x3 threads
>but SEA niggers whose posts need to be read two or three times to even understand are okay
Back to tumblr

The hint is fucking "image" you newfaggot

Because the mods that were doing something got removed when moot went mad.

I just want generals to go away. That is all. The incessant need that some people have to discuss an anime series well past a reasonable level is obnoxious.

Take Girls und Panzer as an example. I like that show a lot and when the anime was airing, the threads were pretty good. Now the threads are taken up mainly by "best girl" shitposting and pointless waifu ranking charts, because there's fucking nothing to talk about. What little proper discussion that might be happening is being overshadowed by the zealous waifu-posters anyway.

Just let it fucking die please.

I hate Hiro.

Don't ask fags about what should or should not be done with Cred Forums.
moot already tried that with /q/ and that was a horrendous failure. Everyone thinks they know what's best for Cred Forums (even though most of those fags have been here, at best, for a couple of years), but they don't know anything.

If people don't like this place, then they can leave.
Otherwise, just hire more janitors and moderators.

...

I don't know why you think that's the same guy, nigger.

Do you not know how to read or what?

The question is why retards automatically associate people who post using their phones as shitposters you fucking mongoloid.

>WAHH BAN WHAT I DONT LIKE

might as well be /thread at this point

>I can't into reading comprehension even though I'm claiming to be a native speaker
Aren't you cute?
Why are you trying so hard to shift the focus here anyway? Is it because you're one of the newshits who came to this board thanks to 3x3 YOUTUBERZZ and now is mad because people want you out?

>3. Underage Bait like lol, kys, cuck and so on will result in a ban.
>you can be banned for word choice
>censoring on Cred Forums

This site is officially dead. Didn't even know it could stoop down this low.

Where did all the oldfags migrate to?

They got lives or an heroed obviously

It's perfectly effective though. They wouldn't ban these threads for being generals because they don't ban generals whatsoever.

I don't even go into those threads for the most part so I have no opinion on them. Your suggestion for me to 'cry about it on tumblr' though suggests you think that ESL bullshit is okay.

>I think those words are stupid so you have to leave

lol fuck you

Good, feel free to fuck off anytime. Oh, and don't forget to take the rest of kind with you.

Go type like a fucking retard somewhere else you degenerate shit

I really hope you're not defending the lol, kys, lmao crap.
Censorship got nothing to do with writing like a retard.

I have come to the conclusion that OP is an elitist garbage and all posters who can be summed up by "REMOVE THINGS I DON'T LIKE WAHHH" are cancer.

prove me wrong protip you fucking cant

Fuck off cancer

you can't prove me wrong because all the proof I need is this entire thread

Fuck off autist.

Was being ironic desu
Was hoping you'd say 'proves my point'.

Guess I proved you wrong user!

I don't give a fuck about the words. I don't use any of that shit aside from the occasional lol.

Shit I'm mad about is people making word choice a bannable offence. That's some straight up reddit level pussy shit.

If somebody talks like a retard, I call him a faggot, and move the fuck on.

The existence of generals encourages the propagation of tripfags and blogging, both of which are well accepted as things that should be kept to a minimum

People have somehow gotten the idea into their heads that everyone in a thread calling a retard a retard and then ignoring him isn't enough to punish a retard, he has to be physically banned like some SJW forum.

Try lurking one of those threads and see for yourself.
I couldn't care less about ESL fags. This site is now literally owned by one. If you get so triggered by it, you can always hide and ignore.

Those threads literally do not leak though. Nobody posts 3x3s outside of those threads hence why I know almost nothing about them or even how the rules for arranging them work.
ESLs can almost instantly ruin a discussion by talking about inane incomprehensible shit that's often also retarded anyway. Also they're fucking everywhere.

If everyone wants to talk like a retard that's fine, but in that case we should strike out global rule 3.

I propose we remove all captchas and repost timers

No, Global Rule 3 is for shit when typing like a retard gets out of hand. Making a single word banworthy is literally forums cracking down on 'nigger' tier. GR3 is applicable when people actually post those allcaps pastas filled with LFMAO xDDDXDD EBIN EPIC AC|-|4N WE ARE LEGION xD FEARUS xD 8====D~, then we need a reason to ban their asses. Just because they use a word that you don't like doesn't suddenly make them ban material.

Yes, I agree with you.
That would work if the majority of the community had the same ideals and reacted the same way as you.
Unfortunately the daily influx of underage cancer in this board is so massive that you'll often find one user trying to enforce board culture among a mob of shitposting little shits who think using meme words is fun.
You let this grow out of control and next month we are on MAL.

Is there new thread?

fuck off

If Cred Forums ever tried to be all 'no spoilers plz' and attempted to enforce it, I and many hundreds of others would spend out days doing our best to spoil fucking everyone. You come to Cred Forums to discuss and revel in the material AS IT'S RELEASED. That means being up to date in source material of a work, be it manga, VN or LN. This is how we have operated for years.

Fuck off you slimy hugbox redditors.

satanic trips fucking confirms this

Remember when we used to created content for this board instead of complaining about it?

Remember when Cred Forums was good?

so never?

nice meme

OP is a filthy newfag.

Can you give me one reason this shouldn't happen?

Fuck off newfaggot.

anime and manga can't be separated because one can be adapted to another and vice versa.

the idea is literally fucking stupid

4chen doesn't need another dead board. If you want it so much go find your place in some 80224chan or something.

anime and video games can't be separated because one can be adapted to another and vice versa.

the idea is literally fucking stupid

I think the best way to get rid of generals while allowing for the propagation of multiple discussion threads proportional to the popularity and activity of a series (which isn't a bad thing, it's series like Code Geass becoming seasonal shitstorms that helped cement a lot of the united culture this board has between individual fanbases) is to make a general rule of thumb that threads about a series should have a specific topic, question, or theme, and that threads that are just "Series: discuss!" should be banned on sight. I genuinely think the inbred and separated culture of generals is the main cause of the severe lack of common board identity and generation of new culture and creativity this board has over the past few years, and I think the best way to tell a general from the multitude of spontaneous threads we want to have as there used to be is on whether the thread was made to discuss something that interested the OP enough to create a thread, or whether it was made to allow an endless circlejerk of tripfags and forced memes to continue in its undead shamble for one more thread. This is also how we can ban explicit generals and deal with the inevitable problem of shadow generals popping up while allowing actual spontaneous discussion for that series to still occur; if a thread is out of genuine hype or interest it will undoubtedly have something specific that sparked that for the OP to begin with, otherwise it's likely just someone not wanting a forum for a show's discussion to die, and therefore has no reason to be kept on the catalog.

Because in hindsight most of Cred Forums and /jp/ that can remember it knows that removing /jp/ from Cred Forums was a bad idea that made both places less fun

did I mention video games in my post you faggot? don't try and turn this around.

books and movies can't be separated because one can be adapted to another and vice versa.

the idea is literally fucking stupid

Why not we just ban everyone

This will not only solve all of the problems with this board, it might even get some of you laid

should the mods ban you too?

I pray everyday that the mods perma ban me from this shit website.

You need to be 18 or older to post on this site.

then are you also trapped in this endless cycle of autism?

I'm a 20 year old normalfag who browses an imageboard for shitty Japanese media, just so he can learn a useless language.

What the fuck do you think?

It's a wonder how I haven't shot up a school or something yet. . .oh wait i'm not white

Fuck off nigger.

...

Why is the new archive such fucking trash?

Can you fucking not

Kill yourself

You now have two threads for meta discussion, in direct opposition to what Hiro said. You're like the shitposters that spam GR15 threads on /qa/. Ban yourself.