A lot of anime based on Visual Novels received terrible feedback and often people say that they hated it how the anime...

A lot of anime based on Visual Novels received terrible feedback and often people say that they hated it how the anime isn't based on one specific route or how none of the girls win. What is the correct way to animate a Visual Novel with multiple routes when there is no 'main route' or 'true route' then?

Should they choose one route and focus on that route only? If so which one?
Should they awkwardly try to "merge" all existing route into one route and animate that?
Should they come up with their own route to animate like a harem route where all the girls win?

They should call me and ask me what the best girl is and who to focus on.

They should call this user and ask him who best girl is and who to focus on

That is still going to upset all the other people who like another girl.

Plus they probably can't speak english anyways.

They should call this user and ask him who best girl is and who to focus on

Simple. If the VN is all about advertising the girls and not really acclaimed for the story then just go make an entirely new plot for the anime to do.

Make an anime original route where the comic relief male best friend wins

>wanting to get NTR'd by a comic relief character

Literally worse than Hitler. Kill yourself.

No, I mean that the male best friend ends up with the male MC.

So you aren't just into ntr but also into yaoi? Are you a furry too by chance?

Amagami did it for every girl, seems like a good way to go.

reminds me of that nozaki-kun ep

Yeah, this and Yosuga no Sora(except the class rep) but of course they should had more episodes though.

>Should they awkwardly try to "merge" all existing route into one route and animate that?
That is the only way to make a visual novel anime that does not suck.

Totally. The omnibus format is the way to go. If the VN is convoluted enough to need a common route, so be it--it'll probably still be shit, but it's better than the alternative.

Remove the MC and see what happens when the girls get together and become friends. Let them deal with their problems together, without the MC.

Like School Days

animate the bad ending

And then lots of people who sisn't know anime is based in vn or event these wto knew said that MC is just unpleasant fucker of innocent girls...

Animate the canon route then OVA the rest.

One should do a little research before complaining about an anime if your bad reaction is due to your own ignorance.

Anyway normalfags had a pain due to MC fucking his own sis, lol.

What if the MC is very important to the story and not just an observer?

If VN anime is so bad why is Steins Gate so good?

Cuz there one true root in vn?

Isnt this what Girlfriend Beta did?

I didn't hear people complaining about Amagami, so that's probably the best way.

End each episode with a typical VN choice.
The audience must enter a poll site, avd vote for the choice they would make.
Then, animate the next episode accordingly to audience's choice.
I know this is tecnically impossible

>What is the correct way to animate a Visual Novel with multiple routes when there is no 'main route' or 'true route' then?
Omnibus, obviously. If not, get the writer to make a route specifically for the anime. Most VNs are not designed to be animated anyway, so they rely heavily on narration and other means to tell the story. This means it won't necessarily adapt well, especially when dialogue is trimmed.

However, any sort of romance VN should just be omnibus, or adapt the main heroine's route. Anime for VNs exist to boost sales, so having them spoil the whole story is kind of pointless. There are a very few exceptions here for when the anime itself is popular (Steins;Gate, Fate).

As long as its not done like Photokano.

>I know this is tecnically impossible
Not for a OVA series with better quality and more time to complete. You may be on to something with this idea.

They should call this user and ask him who best girl is