What is the best Shounen of all time?

What is the best Shounen of all time?

HxH. Anyone who will say otherwise is a memester.

Ashita no Joe and HxH

This

FMA is the only shounen I haven't dropped halfway through.

How could Kenshin be such a fuccboi at age 27?

We need a Kenshin Brotherhood.

OP, do you mean shounen specifically, as opposed to seinen? Or just in the general sense? I ask because is onto something in suggesting Ashita no Joe, but I'd qualify that series as a seinen, rather than a shounen. Depending on how far you are willing to stretch the definition of 'shounen,' however, even something like Evangelion could fit the bill.

Personally, I'd have to cast my ballot for Mobile Fighter G Gundam because I see it as the strongest "pure shounen," but I'll gladly hand it to you that RRK is awesome and that the Shishio arc is easily one of the best in anime.

The second time I rewatched it, this fight was pretty hype as fuck. Saito was such a cool motherfucker.

it's objectively gintama

Does Kenshin ever stop sounding like he's standing 10 feet away from his mic?

Everyone else is on board but this guy, and it's starting to make me think I should just watch the dub.

Lucky Star

>I ask because is onto something in suggesting Ashita no Joe, but I'd qualify that series as a seinen, rather than a shounen. Depending on how far you are willing to stretch the definition of 'shounen,' however, even something like Evangelion could fit the bill.

In Ashita no Joe's case, it was serialized in shounen jump so it is definitely a type of shounen manga/anime.
You can argue it doesn't count since its part of a movement of shounen particularly popular in the 60's and 70's called "Gekiga" which were shounen series targeted towards young adults (Specifically college students) rather than young boys and teens, but I think at that point you're splitting hairs.

Shounen just a blanket term for series aimed at young boys, right? It doesn't have to designate a particular genre, but that's the general demographic.

YYH

This is objectively the correct answer.

Gash bell.

Came here to post this

Magi.

Came here to post this.

Surprised Cred Forums is posting battle shonenshit

>Surprised Cred Forums is posting battle shonenshit
You haven't been here very long then.

Not even close

The REAL best Shounen coming through. All you other shitters step the fuck aside.

The manga's better.

The one and only.

I don't think that's an arbitrary distinction at all, especially considering that, at the other end of the spectrum, you have shows like Zatch Bell and One Piece that really appeal almost exclusively to children with their respective art styles, character design philosophy, depth of subject coverage, the tone of the show, etc...

To that end, gekiga is much more similar to seinen, if you ask me. Ashita no Joe in particular is far more similar to something like Boys on the Run (or even something totally unrelated like Kaiji, Berserk, etc...) than most so-called "shounen" series.

Published in Shonen magazine: Shonen manga

Published in Seinen magazine: Seinen manga.

Now fuck off

E7 is kind of a Shounen right.

If purity of or publishing of the source material is the determining factor, (of which it doesn't have) then I suppose it's questionable. Then again the co-protagonist is a shounen.

I'm confused now.

Are we looking after the best quality or are we looking for what is the best "Shounen"

In that case, for as much as I love Ashita no Joe, LoGH is the best shounen ever made. There is no rule saying it has to be sourced from a manga, nor is there any distinct difference in tone between LoGH and Ashita no Joe.

This is literally all there is to it

Honestly, even if you don't consider most gekiga manga to be shounen, I think Ashita no Joe passes just based on the merit that it inspired a lot of regular shounen series and tropes more so than its inspired any seinen series.

Slam Dunk is the best one.

Honorable mentions:
Konjiki no Gash
Saint Seiya
Fullmetal Alchemist
Magi
Hunter x Hunter
Dr. Slump

Ashita no Joe

All Japanese men are like that.

>Saint Seiya
it's average at best

Does no one know.

Girls were all over it when it aired and you couldn't even really ship anyone together (but that has never stopped them before)

Every OP but the 4th screamed Shounen, but none of the EDs did besides maybe 4. Are these determining factors at all? Surely they are thought of during production, especially when it's a studio original series.
And all the mysticism, war ethics, family ethics, wouldn't this bring it into 'seinen' theme grounds?

If it counts as a Shounen, I feel it's the best. No clue why this board has forgotten this series suddenly, it's more recent than most in this thread.

>No clue why this board has forgotten this series suddenly
I've never even heard of it.

How new are you.

AO was one massive gongshow here.