Magi best battle shonen of the last 10 years

I don't understand how is it possible that so many people fail to admit that Magi is a great manga. Magi is the best battle shonen of the last 10 years. (Although personally I do not think we can call Magi battle shonen, but I'm not sure)

because you hit your head somewhere and now you think magi is better than hunter x hunter

>magi is better than hunter x hunter

It's true.

no its not,magi gets very boring which is the opposite of good

Boredom is subjective. Not all are bored reading Magi. Depends on the person, I was not bored reading Alma Torran, indeed, I believe it is exceptional from a qualitative point of view.

Yeah, because HxH is never boring, right? (Zoldyck arc, Heaven's Arena, first half of the CA arc, Election).

It's a very hit-and-miss series. Hunterfags overrate the shit out of it.

ya know you guys are being quite delusional
stop forcing yourselves to like boring shit
its not healthy

This it falseflagging.

Let this thread die.

Nice argument.

tsk tsk this is the level magi fags have stooped to

For me Magi got way worse when all the backstory and lore was revealed. The art is also surprisingly bad. The covers are dope though.

But you're not a different level, boy.

The art isn't half bad but nothing to write home about, it's not very good in terms of its readability so it can gets confusing a few times when reading. It would look incredible if the entire manga was colorized in the same style as the volume covers.

Yeah readability, the most important thing of a manga is the composition after all. Don't know why so many mangaka fuck this up. Though it isn't half as bad as the JoJo manga in that regard.

Shinobu Ohtaka is one of the best colorists of Japan. All the manga colored by her would be awesome.

I wouldn't dare call it the most important part but it's definitely and important aspect when it comes to comics, after all there are far worse examples like Trigun when it gets to a point you can't even makes sense of what you're reading, luckily Magi doesn't go that far. The thing with manga is that being in black and white becomes a sort of obstacle for readability that mangaka need to know how to fix, I wouldn't say most mangaka fuck it up though, doesn't really strike me as tat common of a problem.

Magi its great yeah and it presents themes way better than most shonens. Just compare it to fairy tail.

Also Davids Prophetic Writings chapter is the best and most eerie introduction to a main villain i ever saw.
>He is spying on them from the past.

But the composition of the pages is often amazing and not generic. This is better than always have beautiful art.

Someone else really disappointed by the shitty anime? The OP was great though.

Bold statement there but I do think going by volume covers, many mangaka have a very good use of color and coloring techniques. It's a shame we don't get to see those techniques in action or being displayed around very much other than for promotional ads and whatnot. I'd be cool if colorized editions of manga became more prominent. It'd be really expensive but it could work out for shorter manga or as digital versions.

Ok compare with other manga, but even with Fairy Tail? No one with a double-digit IQ would do.

>Although personally I do not think we can call Magi battle shonen,
So small question. Why would you consider it the best battle shonen if you are confused about whether or not it is strictly a battle shonen in the first place?

I think Magi is alright, but it really does fail when stacked up against series like HxH, Medaka Box, FMA, One Piece.

What Magi does have going for it is it's world building and character drama. However it's pacing is all over the place and unlike HxH which changes genres every arc and manages to pull it off, Magi tends to not handle that transition as well. Al Thumen was a good lore dump but it hit the drag chute on the plot and it took a long time to recover from that.

>Medaka Box
>One Piece

>I think Magi is alright, but it really does fail when stacked up against series like HxH, Medaka Box, FMA, One Piece

The only manga among those you mentioned that it is at the same level of Magi is FMA. FMA is the only well written as Magi. In fact I think are FMA and Magi among the best shonen battle ever.

The former is legitimately good, the latter has become a meme for sure but it's still a good battle shonen.

If we're talking about quality of writing I still support Medaka box and Hunter x Hunter as being better than Magi. One Piece just has better fights overall when compared to Magi even if it does lack the same standard of writing or feel to it.

Reminder Kinnikuman 2011 counts as last 10 years.

Magi is shit.

-As a battle shonen, it's battles are shit and it's funny how Hakuryuu and Judar vs Arba was the battle that got me into the series, despite being the only good battle in the damn series.
-It's power system is like to Bleach just like generic cola is to Coca Cola.
-It's """politics""" are entry-level at best.
-Characters constantly flipped personalities in order for the reader to feel like they're more likable.
-The MC comes out and says he's the Jesus of their world, which is probably the most special snowflake archetype I ever seen in a manga.

Last but not least, the manga pretty much doing the same of how Fairy Tail and Naruto ended up to being shit and that's the "forgive and forget" clause. Did Kassim need to be remembered as a sacrificial figure despite nearly tearing a nation apart? Should Hakuryuu be called out for all the bullshit he caused? Is Sinbad not a compulsive douche no matter what alignment he represents? I'll let you guys decide.

HxH is written better than Magi? Seriously? With all those asspull and write errors? (For example, the dark continent that suddenly appears without having ever been mentioned before) A manga that still follows the classic narrative of shonen? (Where do the characters also comes trouble) Must be joking, HxH is not even close to the quality of writing of Magi. Medaka Box I still have to finish reading, but for now it is nothing so impressive. It has a very simple writing with zero ambition. I hope it will improve in the next volumes.

And despite all that it's still better than HxH.

>With all those asspull and write errors?
The dark continent has an explaination for why nobody talks about it. People know about it but adults are smart enough to not bring it up. And in a world with as much governmental control as HxH it's no surprise that people don't know at large.

And if we're on the topic of asspulls, let's talk about how Judar got launched into space by an attack that does not diminish his velocity or trajectory and somehow survived that because a person who is not supposed to be able to manifest themselves on this plane of reality without a metal vessel intervenes.

A manga could foreshadow everything and it would still have shit writing if the execution was poor.
And that's what Magi is: a manga with poor execution.

No, it is Naruto.

It is not an asspull. Read the manga carefully. Ugo PHYSICALLY can not exist in this plane of reality. He's the God of the world and, as we do with Scheherazade and Aladdin to Balbadd, has control over Rukh, then on everything. Ugo can interact with the Rukh. What you see on the page is a graphic simplification that explains in a simple way that was Ugo to help Judal.

uh dude,he wasn't saying its an asspull its the other guy that was saying it

I've heard that before and I still have to ask if Uvo can exert control over the Ruhk why did he need to create the Magi system in the first place? He specifically did it because while he is the administrator of the current world, he still cannot exert direct control over it.

So once again, how could he have done anything to affect Judar's trajectory if he's not supposed to have any influence on that reality?

Negima is superior to Magi as battle manga.

Judar died and his Rukh returned to palace, Ugo put him down somewhere else.

[citation needed]

Exactly. In fact, as you can see in the image, after Ugo "moves" Judal the Judal body is another because her hair is no longer loose. Look carefully. Ugo did the same thing he did with Yunan but without Judal was able to realize this.

> I don't understand how is it possible that so many people fail to admit that Magi is a great manga.
Because some of us read things other than shounenshit.

ha ha ha that's funny user

I don't even read Magi, but Medaka Box is fucking terrible and by far the worst thing Nisio has had a hand in (though I'm not following that new manga he did with the same artist).

>The art is also surprisingly bad
You blind?

It's Claymore.

So would that make Judal the Hisoka of Magi where the author "kills" them off only to revive them 5 minutes later?

>Judal the Hisoka of Magi where the author "kills" them
No because Judal was never killed.

The citation is actually already posted. He did the same shit to Titus, who died in Magnostadt and was revived in Reim, so don't act like it's anything new.

So was he or was he not? Some people say he was and that's how Uvo was able to send him back. If he wasn't then it's bullshit that Uvo did.

>So was he or was he not? Some people say he was and that's how Uvo was able to send him back.
Read the series for yourself.

They don't need to be dead to go to the sacred palace. Remember Balbadd? Aladdin went to sacred palace, and Ugo attempted to get Judar there but failed. I do believe he died, but Ugo can interfere without death, because their Rukh is from the sacred palace, which he is the guardian of, and thus he has control over it.

What's good about that?

that's because you're wrong. keijo is best battle shonen

I did and I don't think he was revived the same way as Titus because Titus explicitly had a second body to return too. Judar has no such stipulation however, as an user pointed, his hair is different pre/post Uvo-vention.

We have nothing to believe that Uvo took Judar to the sacred realm though. He was knocked out in deep space until his trajectory got changed. I just think the author needed to keep Judar around and did the same shit Togashi did and just reneged on it.

But in Magi is not a asspull because it is something that Ugo performs for thousands of years ago (Yunan). And we have already seen him do a similar thing with Scheherazade and Titus (and we know from the arch of Balbadd you can call the Magi in the sacred palace even when they are alive). The Magi never die really. Their Rukh goes into the sacred palace and there Ugo decide whether to keep the memories or not. However, even if Judal had not died it would still be able to be called in the sacred palace because to Balbadd we saw that Ugo was able to do so. I personally believe that Judal died because after being "moved" by Ugo his body changes.

No, you're wrong. We know that Ugo did so with Yunan many times. He gave Yunan always the same body and his memories. So Ugo create the body.

Stop being such a retard.

Stop being such a fucking pleb. The shit page you showed me was nothing special.

Ignore the shitposter

Yunan is reborn in the literal sense as far as I know. His memories are intact but he is born into a human body. Correct me if I'm wrong but the story doesn't substantiate the idea that Yunan makes an adult body every time he comes back.

It's an asspull if Uvo needed to manipulate the ruhk of the non al-thumen/sacred place worlds. He can send things to Alladin's reality but we've seen that he can't affect things that are already there without a metal vessel. Making Judar a new body seems to be outside his realm of power because if that were possible, neither of the other two magi who are long lived would need to create their own means of longevity since Uvo could just keep respawning them in adult form each time they died.

The rules don't line up and I still believe that the author just fucked up with having Aladdin lauch Judar into deep space and needed to get him back in the story.

I wasn't the one who posted the page, retard.

The problem with HXH is there's no resolution, the MC is dead, and it's shit once we get to the chimera ant arc

This must be bait, no one can be impressed by something that is merely busy. This is what modern art plebs have come to.

I really love the politics/economic battles it became.

The body does not change because Yunan does not age.

So are you saying that Yunan just gets sent back to the same body each death? He specifically says he is reborn in the manga.

>best battle shonen of the last 10 years
Read more manga.

Not the same body. Ugo creates a same body every time. So theoretically he is reborn.

That's the problem I have. Creating a new body and transporting it is not the same as sending Ruhk back to the world into a new vessel. All the magi are shown to have to occupy an already present vessel, it would be weird for Yunan to be the exception when he seems to follow all the other rules of being a magi.

All feels just so meaningless after we learned the entire secret of the universe in magi. With switching planets and shit why would I give a shit about politics and shounen battles? It's like making it a major plot point that we are on some random planet in an infinite universe and everything that we do is meaningless.

Magi? More to scared to kill of characters the series

You did not understand. Yunan originally was like everyone else. After he died came back in a body equal to that which is dead. There is nothing strange. Scheherazade with his magic managed to create clones of herself. Do you think Ugo, the God of the world, is not able to do something like that? Transportation not think it's a problem, I remind you that Ugo transported Aladdin into the world from the sacred palace.

>Do you think Ugo, the God of the world, is not able to do something like that?
I think he can but all evidence shows that Magi do not get that privilege which is why Reim's magi and Yunan go to such lengths to stay alive as long as possible. The world of Magi is based on rules and systems, Ugo administrates one such system but we've seen that there are limits to what he can do based on where he is. If he wants to show up in the world he needs a metal vessel. If he was truly godlike the way I think you are implying he wouldn't need that condition.

> I remind you that Ugo transported Aladdin into the world from the sacred palace
Sinbad effectively left a dungeon to enter the world which isn't breaking any rules. Ugo didn't do anything extra like reconstitute a new body and send it back.

Why did the author not kill him off? The guy genuinely deserved it in the series but all we got was some cheap
>everyone in the world thinks he's dead while he's chilling in an island

Zuko had a sudden change of heart completely out of the blue because he talked to him for two minutes after spending years plotting to kill him.

Remember, Kou dindu nuffin

Even Aladdin can make new bodies for people.

Aladdin isn't confined to a pocket dimension for eternity.

Aladdin isn't god either.

Correct, but he's also able to do things in his world without needing a proxy.

If he read more manga he wouldn't have an opinion on ongoing battle shounen to begin with.

Bringing Alibaba back ruined the story. Just like how bringing back Gon ruined the story.

Same with Hisoka and Judal.

Magi pros:

>lots of yaoi doujins available

Magi cons:

>written by a woman so no real understanding of themes such as brotherhood, loyalty
>written by a fujoshit woman
>no originality in worldbuilding; Reim Empire is Roman Empire, etc.
>lore is boring
>inconsistent and generic ability system
>cut-and-paste faces; no stylisation
>horrible pacing
>pointless love interest dynamic that wastes pages
>clearly ripped off characters (see Zuko Uchiha)

HXH pros:

>great panelling
>complex, relatable characters
>mostly great pacing
>memorable characters
>unique character designs
>ability system that is engaging
>understands male concepts such as honour, brotherhood and loyalty
>fantastic worldbuilding; lots of thought put into many areas from the economy to the government of a place
>leaves many plot threads open to make the future even more unpredictable
>huge list of theories/predictions can be made on the world and past/future events (Rose Bomb hit Meteor City, D Hunter = Don Freecss, Kurta originating from DC, Kurapika killing Kalluto without realising he is Killua's brother, Kurapika sacrificing himself by using chains on non-Spiders, Feitan being related to Killua through his mother who originated from Meteor City and has offspring who resemble Feitan and so much more)
>provides closure at the end of every arc
>no pointless female love interest dynamic
>executes themes very well
>subverts and deconstructs shonen tropes very well

HXH cons:

>hiatus
>lazy with art at times

>people still rate Magi

Funny how hiatus is by far the biggest negative on there.

Magi pros:

>great panelling
>complex, relatable characters
>mostly great pacing
>memorable characters
>unique character designs
>ability system that is engaging
>understands male concepts such as honour, brotherhood and loyalty
>fantastic worldbuilding; lots of thought put into many areas from the economy to the government of a place
>leaves many plot threads open to make the future even more unpredictable
>huge list of theories/predictions can be made on the world and past/future events (Rose Bomb hit Meteor City, D Hunter = Don Freecss, Kurta originating from DC, Kurapika killing Kalluto without realising he is Killua's brother, Kurapika sacrificing himself by using chains on non-Spiders, Feitan being related to Killua through his mother who originated from Meteor City and has offspring who resemble Feitan and so much more)
>provides closure at the end of every arc
>no pointless female love interest dynamic
>executes themes very well
>subverts and deconstructs shonen tropes very well

>Magi cons:
Ending soon

>HXH pros:
N/A

HXH cons:
>hiatus
>chicken scratch "artwork"
>asspulls
>shit worldbuilding
>traces
>two of the main characters are irrelevant for most of the series
>ripping off Dragon Ball
>tons of fluff texts
>shit closure at the end of every arc

Well, it's true. Artwork being shitty doesn't matter too much when the great moments are executed well with lots of detail.

Wut. Magi gets super fucking interesting though.

>Artwork being shitty doesn't matter too much
in a visual medium
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HxHfags everyone

Why does it have to be a contest?

HxH and Magi are both top tier shounen in the grand scheme.

Now let's actually discuss important things instead of this competition bullshit such as whether Aladdin or Sinbad will win the Kougyokubowl

Air Gear was better

Air Gear was my favorite shonen before Magi.

Not a Magi fan, just passing by to say that asspullxasspull is mediocre at best

Stop with these shit bait threads
Cred Forums has been shit enough recently without this crap

Where is the bait in OP's post. It looks to me like he wanted to discuss Magi with likeminded Magi fans. It was the retard after the OP that started the shit posting, and even then this was effectively started by two people going
>I like Magi it is the best
>I prefer Hunter x Hunter

Mage is obviously not the best
This is just a bait thread, it's super obvious

It sounds like you're just looking for a fight.

>obviously

Air gear got super stupid even before the moon children got introduced.

too late user, Cred Forums is shit now, people fall for the bait like the broncos did in 2011