Is it justified?

Carson Wright
Carson Wright

is it justified?

Thomas Reyes
Thomas Reyes

Cowboy Bebop might just be the most overrated anime in existence. It's not bad, but it's just average, not the masterpiece everyone makes it out to be.

Ayden Ramirez
Ayden Ramirez

Real talk, it's actually the only anime I would consider perfect. Everything was flawlessly coordinated. The writing, direction, animation, music, tone, and pacing were all incredible. Even the low-key episodes are masterpieces in their own right. Hell, I fucking hate CG in most anime and it utilized it in a way that works in 1999.

Hunter Butler
Hunter Butler

Not anime, fuck off.

Carter Smith
Carter Smith

As if we needed more evidence that anyone who works for Gawker is braindead.

Colton Long
Colton Long

What will win out; Cred Forums's contrarianism or Cred Forums's hatred of entertainment journalism? This one's too close to call.

Christopher Nelson
Christopher Nelson

ECeleb and review cancer belong on /v/.

Luis Peterson
Luis Peterson

because it doesn't pander to your shitty tastes?

Cooper Lee
Cooper Lee

Stop promoting this shitty site you retard.

Jason Cox
Jason Cox

(((Eisenbeis)))

Cooper Watson
Cooper Watson

I ejnoyed the tone, tha animation and the music. But i too found it overall boring.

Benjamin Brooks
Benjamin Brooks

it's funny because while CB is a really good show and it deserve the credit it gets, it's not a very influential show like Super Robots from the 70s, Sol of 80s and 2000s, Gundam or Eva were.

It's probably loved more in the West than in Japan

Noah Lewis
Noah Lewis

Filed to:
R E T R O
E
T
R
O

Benjamin Brown
Benjamin Brown

clickbait title
Eisenbeis

Owen Wood
Owen Wood

I enjoyed the music and animation but ultimately it shined most in the whacky adventures parts and felt totally flat when it tried to be serious.

Cameron Bennett
Cameron Bennett

It's hardly average. Calling it a masterwork would depend on a lot of things, but it's undeniably competent. Something the majority of anime can't seem to manage.

Parker Cruz
Parker Cruz

It's not bad but it's not nearly as good as many people put it.

Wyatt Ross
Wyatt Ross

Kill yourself.

Kevin James
Kevin James

Not anime, fuck off.

Jacob Gonzalez
Jacob Gonzalez

Kotaku
Japanese culture expert

This shit belongs to other sites

David Allen
David Allen

could someone actually tell me why bebop doesn't count as an anime?

Brayden White
Brayden White

CB does, some stupid moron's blog does not.
Kill yourself.

Jack Sullivan
Jack Sullivan

I would only call it overrated because it's consistently called an 15/10 when it's only an 11/10.

Andrew Lopez
Andrew Lopez

If you want to talk about Bebop, talk about Bebop, specifically by starting with discussions on the episodes, characters etc. Don't bring stupid ecelebs or blog sites into the discussion, because THAT is off-topic and will get your thread deleted.

Jace Sullivan
Jace Sullivan

Advertising Kotaku or whatever the fuck that site is isn't anime.
If it was an interview by an actual director sure, but no one gives a shit about what Mr. Sam American thinks about anime.

Sebastian Fisher
Sebastian Fisher

Cred Forums now cares about what kotaku says
This place is finished

Christian Morris
Christian Morris

I pretty much came here to post this. It's just okay. Not amazing, not bad, just moderately entertaining. Way overrated. I've thought seen the series at least 4 times over (Adult Swim fag, I know) and it never changes my view. Being episodic is not a mark of quality. A preference for actual plot oriented storytelling over episodic meandering is a big part of why I became an anime fan in the first place. If I wanted that episodic, disjointed nonsense, I'd be watching capeshit.

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

What did he mean by this

Luis James
Luis James

gawker shit
Piss off.

Joseph Scott
Joseph Scott

AWAY
AWAY

Hudson Watson
Hudson Watson

YOU PLAGUE RIDDEN RAT

Jackson Lopez
Jackson Lopez

No, its not just ok. The ost, plot, characters are all top tier. Sure, its not the best anime of all animes and its certainly overrated, but to say is bad or mediocre is just plain bullshit.

The animation and ost alone makes it high tier.

Cameron Brooks
Cameron Brooks

Fuck off.

Jaxson Perez
Jaxson Perez

the most overrated anime in existence
Thats not Akira (both manga and film versions)

Cooper Evans
Cooper Evans

kotaku screencap in the OP
/v/

Nathan Ramirez
Nathan Ramirez

Spike is Jewish dude

(also, why do people believe that Cowboy Bebop is worshiped by "anime fans"? It's the quintessential anime for people who don't watch anime.)

Joseph Young
Joseph Young

It's a German, although somewhat rare, name you fucking retards. /pol/ really is retarded.

Andrew Robinson
Andrew Robinson

White people ''''''opinion'''''''
anime related

Fuck off /v/

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit