All urls found in this thread:

credforums.com/thread/147445872/anime

Grayson Price
Grayson Price

S3 still never
Fuck you Bones

Elijah Torres
Elijah Torres

It feels like it's been ages since I've seen anyone talk about Captain Collarbones except to tell the operator that they can't seem to locate it.

Hunter Garcia
Hunter Garcia

You mean S2?

Henry Rodriguez
Henry Rodriguez

Don't remind me

Liam Torres
Liam Torres

Easily.

Isaac Hill
Isaac Hill

There are threads now and then, but mostly is to complain about you-know-what.

Nathaniel Russell
Nathaniel Russell

Just let it go user, it's hopeless

Jayden Lopez
Jayden Lopez

Why did they think this was a good idea?

Thomas Parker
Thomas Parker

At least we got this.

Aaron Sullivan
Aaron Sullivan

Mahou shoujo transformation sequence to summon an anti-material rifle as a superpower
I thought it was cool.
My biggest gripes with S2 were the weak story compared to S1 and the changed format that didn't suit the content as well. I don't think the execution was bad at all.

In fact, when I recommend DtB to people I know, I usually suggest that they start with S2. The whole series works better if you treat the second season as an in media res introduction to Hei's character and aren't familiar with him prior to his hobofication. S2 was pretty obviously targeted towards people that weren't already familiar with the franchise and it makes so many concessions that assume you didn't watch S1 already that it might as well be treated as a standalone. Especially because Okada's hack writing treats some characters so completely differently from S1 that it's better if you don't have that continuity in mind going into it.

S1 is also way more interesting when you have a vague idea of where everything is going but no clear sense of how it got there. Despite being twice as long as S2, it functions better as a prequel where you already feel the promise of a payoff even while it's plodding through some of the more tedious episodic arcs that don't immediately feel like they tie in meaningfully to the overall story.

Ayden Turner
Ayden Turner

There's nothing mahou about it though. It's just an excuse for stock animation usage so that the animators can shave off like 1 minute from each episodes.

Hudson Edwards
Hudson Edwards

So? What's wrong with stock footage?

Nolan Mitchell
Nolan Mitchell

It adds nothing substantial.

Gabriel Collins
Gabriel Collins

Stop spouting bullshit and post more Hei.

Logan Barnes
Logan Barnes

Probably Onizuka.

Liam Evans
Liam Evans

In fact, when I recommend DtB to people I know, I usually suggest that they start with S2. The whole series works better if you treat the second season as an in media res introduction to Hei's character and aren't familiar with him prior to his hobofication
S1
functions better as a prequel
Shit writing apologists are the worst.

Daniel Nguyen
Daniel Nguyen

I'd settle for a 70-minute movie. Fuck, I'd settle for a single OVA episode.

Angel Nelson
Angel Nelson

I want to go on the ride with Papa Hei again.

Joshua Diaz
Joshua Diaz

I guess he's pretty cute.

Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright

Not having substance is a common state for anime, that's hardly an issue.

Dominic Wright
Dominic Wright

you guys have your own general. fuck off >credforums.com/thread/147445872/anime

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

That's like saying yurishit and waifushit are the same thing.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit