Paid translators: more than 5 months to translate a 200 pages volume (around 1 page per day)

>Paid translators: more than 5 months to translate a 200 pages volume (around 1 page per day)
>Fan translators: 2-3 months for a volume (but it depends on the serie)
Why is this allowed?

For a moment Jew Press released Index volumes every two months during summer, but that's not the case anymore.

Probably a lot of bureaucracy shit before, once the translators start they probably have a strict deadline not to mention translators probably translate more than one volume at a time.

If they're working 9-5s on regular 5 day work week then a decent translator can put one out in 2 or 3 weeks. That said a decent translator wouldn't be working a full time job translating LNs.

Also LNs are typically 300 pages a volume and run like 20 lines a page.

It's vecause they're probably paid per hour.

Just learn Japanese you dweeb. You probably put over a 1000 hours in to watching anime, reading manga and light novels, and probably have some JRPG games

>learning any other language than english
they should be the ones translating it to english if they want to make money

quality control

Honestly with 1000 hours I'd still get out of this hobby if I could. Too deep in.
I can't read Japanese because I never studied but I'm confident in my ability to watch SoL shows without subs, should put in the extra mile of effort at some point really.

Tiny English anime/manga market is irrelevant to Japan

more rounds of quality control is my guess too

If you have learnt english, you can learn japanese. It's a lot easier at least grammar wise.

>not just learning 日本語

That's why you can't have nice things. Oh well, enjoy your localizations!

Paid Hourly.

Most likely have multiple projects and can't just sit on a single series. (not everyone is js06)

Deadlines and schedules they have to fulfill so they may prioritize one over the other.

Company bureaucracy

Simply put fan translators have more freedom to pump out and focus on a single series if they wanted to.

Once you learn Japanese you get anger by official translators.

Ability to trick retards into paying for, or to be paid doing something that's been done for free, is a valid skill.

Not to mention they need to manage the release schedule so their buyer isn't feel saturated and always has fund to buy their fresh release.

fan translators don't wait for the authors and company in japan to send the materials to the translating company

light novel translations are almost all garbage anyway

Scanlations are the cancer killing manga.

The translator's script has to go through editing, then probably a final sign-off by QC after checking the initial print pages. Do the print run and get it sent off to the distributor and book stores.

Versus fan translations are often amateur with inaccuracies, have limited if any QC done, and they just push it online immediately.

>Fan translator
>Doing series they like
>Can quit at any moment
>No need for editor, people will edit his work for their self.
>Paid translator
>Can't pick what he must translate
>Can't just quit, need a formal process
>After his work done he still need editor, QC, design, etc before the book get released.
Localizing isn't just translating. From asking for royalty not only from publisher, but also writer and artist, to designing, printing, packing, and more other economical and marketing stuff before an LN get released.

Yeah nah.