So, no Vinland Saga this month?

So, no Vinland Saga this month?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorkell_the_Tall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

now that I completed Vagabond I can see why people says the writing in VS is so bad...

>Vagabond
People have been complaining about Vagabond going downhill, though.

>Vagabond
not even Inoue's best work.

Vinland Saga is all about characters, Askeladd best girl.

I was actually really surprised when I googled 'Vinland' to see which part of America it is and found out that Leif Erikson and Thorfin Karlsefni, King Canute etc actually existed and did exactly what they do in the manga.

Art is still good atleast

dont forget this big fella:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorkell_the_Tall

Hell, even Thorkell was a historical figure? I did not know that.

>tfw just got spoiled by a wikipedia article

I want a spinoff with the various Viking tribes as protags about their Battle with the Saxons and Britbongs.

I want a SoL spin-off with Askeladd and his crew sailing the seas, rape and pillage the village women and children.

>completed

I didn't know it was over

Vinland Saga is literally better written than Vagabond though. And Takemitsu Zamurai is better than either of them.

I knew about Leif and Canute but I didn't know Thorfin was real too. Pretty cool

What do you mean? I think VS is still good in general, art being a consistent 10/10.

I thoroughly enjoy both Vagabond and Vinland, i seriously dont understand why would you bother arguing which is better.

please anons, stop arguing

we all know Golden Kamuy is better than both

>did exactly what they do in the manga.

I don't remember Thorfin Karlsefni being recorded to face tank 100 punches from Canute's guards.

Well, not exactly but you know... I found it interesting that Leif was the one to discover Vinland first (like in the manga with Leif's stories that nobody believed) then Thorfin and his crew tried to colonize it. But yeah I'm sure he didn't facetank 100 punches just to say hi essentially or that he didn't cut a billion trees as a slave to grow wheat.

So what's Inoue up to nowadays anyway? Vagabond and Real haven't had updates in forever.

Lost interest. Slam Dunk had him set for life anyways.

Is it on a break this month? I don't remember that ever happening before.

I'm pretty sure it's happened before, even though I read the whole thing like a week ago I remember reading at the end of one chapter a note saying "VS is going to be on break next month" and started wondering what VS meant for a couple minutes before I realized I am a fucking retard.

ugh, all the mangas i read aren't updating for awhile then. I should catch up on vagabond.
I binged Vinland saga last week, its pretty great since its historically accurate.

Vinland saga is the only manga where you can get spoilers for reading history.

Other real people also include Gudrid and Ulf. I don't recommend looking up the history on the people if you don't wanna be spoiled for the story.
Unless you are really interested in the history of the vikings, since a lot of the clothing in Vinland saga is also historically accurate!

Hey, I binged Vinland Saga last week too.

I initially though Vinland Saga would be just another Shonen with the typical edgy MC, then I got really into it and started googling shit about it. I was so pleasantly suprised by how accurate it is, it's actually insane. I'm greek so when they were talking about Grikkland and how its capital was named Milfgaard I was like "the fuck are these people smoking". Then I actually googled it and found out Milfgaard is what the Nords called Instanbul, my mind was fucking blown away.

I'm so hyped to see if they fun into any finn tribes after this current arc. Curious to see how they will portray my folk.

Its crazy how accurate it is, all the swords are accurate. The brooches that hold their capes together. Down to the minor details, i can tell the mangaka really loves the viking age, and why wouldn't he.
It's a really interesting period in history. So Vinland saga is a real gem, there really isn't anything like it.

Its a minor detail, but to begin with Canute looks very feminine and one is kinda tricked to believe he is a woman.
The way i could tell that he was a man, was that he was wearing a round needle buckle that are primarily used by men during the viking age (pic relate) on capes.

Where is Erik the red tho ?

>milfgaard
>the MILF garden

Heh

Dead according to history, c. 1003.

Ah yeah he's Leif's father, that's right.

It's primarily why the art is so good, everything fits together so nicely to the era, from the clothing to accessories, weapons etc and that's because everything was literally made in that era. I only came to appreciate Vinland Saga so much after I found out about its historical accuracy, now I find myself craving for more manga of the same style but very few are actually this meticulous.

Any Danes ITT?

Same, im kinda sad i didn't pick up Vinland saga sooner. Its really great and i take great joy in seeing how accurate all the weapons, clothes are from what we have in archaeological findings.

I agree, wish there was more manga that was this into being historically accurate. Much respect to the mangaka for portraying the viking age so well.

How can someone so wildly strong be this cute?