Ok, I think we can all agree SHAFT is fucking done

Ok, I think we can all agree SHAFT is fucking done.

Who's up next on the ever-revolving carousel ride of studio challengers to Kyoani's long standing uncontested dominance?

Other urls found in this thread:

u.pomf.is/pbiahv.webm
u.pomf.is/rwdhxl.webm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_with_a_Thousand_Faces
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

White Fox

Shait and KyoAnus are two sides of the same cancerous tumor killing the industry.

They can still redeem themselves with an adaptation of The Voynich Hotel.

I'm pretty hype for Shogi Barakamon though.

If you go by whatever studio has the most shows that still generate threads on Cred Forums, it pretty clearly has to be either White Fox or Doga Kobo.

The first has Re:Zero, Steins;Gate, GochiUsa, Devil is a part-timer, and Katanagatari which all still produce discussion at various rates.

The latter has Umaru, Nozaki-kun, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, Yuru Yuri, Love Lab, and GJ-bu.

>the ever-revolving carousel ride
What? It's been SHAFT for at least seven years now.

Shit, also forgot to mention New Game as well for Doga Kobo.

Why are people so obsessed with studio wars? This is the same level of cancer as platform wars between gamers.

>Ok, I think we can all agree SHAFT is fucking done.

People said it when SZS was airing.

They are fine doing repetitive designs and use "artistic" cliche shit.

Madoka and the Monogatari series are the only two things by SHAFT which still get talked about with any regularity anymore, and both came out fucking years ago.

Time to move on user.

No. You studiowar-fags will forever be stuck together with KyoAni and Shaft like a disgusting conjoined twin.

Now stop making those threads. We still have reached our quota.

You realize we had daily SZS threads for almost two years straight up to last month, right?

Cause no fun allowed and only stupid us versus them shit is all modern Cred Forums can grasp. Its not a forum for actual anime fans and discussion but then again what is outside Japan nowadays.

Silver Godlink, especially once Shinbo says "to hell with this Aniplex puppet" and joins Oonuma there.

They made NNB, so I think they look poised to take on the future.

>I think we can all agree SHAFT is fucking done

No they don't, you fucking clown. They're working on 3gatsu, Zaregoto, Fate/Extra, the 3rd Kizumonogatari and Kakushigoto.

What's your Kyoani going to do besides VEG and Hibike? And don't tell me any of those novels that didn't even win the award. They're just another PW to me.

>shaft is working on shit/butchering good things
Just another day. I'll take KyoAni instead.

Not the argument. The argument is whether Shaft are done or not. With these suite of a lineup, we can say that the answer is no.

NNB wasn't even that successful.

Sunrise and Toei laugh at puny studios like KyoAni.

SHAFT are the ones doing repetitive designs and not Kyoani? Kyoani basically recycles the same characters for every show they make.

Silverlink is a meme much like Ufotable that only receives attention because of Fate/shit fans. Just ignore them.

When will Disney end this farce and simply buy the entire anime industry for 5 billion dollars?

Both have long stop caring to create quality shows, so nobody cares.

The point was KyoAni has no "dominance" in the anime industry they are a small studio catering to a niche market with a few break out successes much like SHAFT.

They both make nothing but shameless otaku pandering anime anyway who cares who is better at it.

I hope they do. I have stocks in Disney, and they need to buy up some more assets to off-set the hemorrhaging money hole that is ESPN right now.

KyoAni has many megahits, Shaft only has 2.

You know KyoAni still has the best selling BD Box of all time right?

And one of Sunrise's hits makes more money than all of the hits of those two studios put together. You see what I am getting at here?

Also KyoAni has influenced the industry while Shaft has not.

>You see what I am getting at here?

it looks like you're trying desperately to downplay SHIT's failure.

SHAFT has definitely had a far greater influence than KyoAni. Literally multiple studios aping SHAFTs style now that directors have left there.

I don't see it. Aside from shit like Saekano no one really has used the cookie cutter bake direction style.

>they are a small studio

Do people still believe this? Seriously?

The only Shaft-like director out there is Oonuma and he is one of the main style trio.

You must be reading the wrong posts or something then because I am saying they are both small studios neither of which have ever been dominant in the industry.

They're not huge by any means.

It is completely serious. They have what 3 offices? Sunrise has like how many different studios 13+? and Toei with revenues that dwarf the rest of the industry.

They've got over a hundred fucking staff. They're not small by any means.

And only around 70 are actually involved in anime production. Yes they're not small but they're not close to being one of the biggest such as Toei, TMS, Sunrise or Perriot.

K-on?

All of Kyoani's industry influential works were pre-2012.

After the success of K-On, they realized they could just milk it's design over and over as well as sticking to the high school setting and get a steady paycheck out of their loyal Otaku fanbase.

The way I see it KyoAni is small if you compare them to what is actually big but if you compare them to other studios that mainly cater to niche otaku markets they start to look larger. A bigger fish in a smaller pond of the anime industry.

SAO sold extremely well too but no one is trying to pretend that show is good.

Wasn't KyoAni second place in a small poll made to university students asking them which was their favorite studio?

Some guy a few months back went through studio sites dredging up employee numbers, and KyoAni was like the sixth or seventh largest.

that would be awesome.

Get the fuck back to your console wars faggot.

Permanent employees perhaps. People working on their anime at anytime probably not. Other studios with similar permanent employee numbers will also hire a ton of freelance workers on an ad hoc basis unlike kyoani.

Are you talking about Haruhi and K-on? If so you've got big brother Kadokawa to thank for that. Coincidentally the money goes over to them too.

The one which Toei holds first place? Everybody hated that thread.

Nope. Haruhi made over a billion Yen in BD box sales even outselling all the Gundams, Keion, Evangelion and everything you can think of. Haruhi fans were rabid.
Yeah. Good thing that they now buy animation rights nowadays to not get shafted out of their profits like Kadokawa used to do with them. Keo no Katachi passed the 900Mil mark and KyoAni is getting the lion share of that.

>getting the lions share
Got proof of that?

>People still rate SHAFT after the fucking failure that Kizu was
>People still rate SHAFT after how fucking awful 3-gatsu looks, quality wise
>People still rate SHAFT after how they are butchering Zaregoto with the cookie cutter Bake style.

Read the producer roundtable. They fucking hired Quaras on a commision. This is absolute bonkers.

Leading the production.

>half the things you listed is still monogatari
and Kakushigoto was just a CM not an anime

>half
What? Literally one out of five.

>Comparing an intelligent business like KyoAni to the likes of SHAFT aka A-2.

The 'people working their anime' are still permanent employees because as you say, most of their animators are in-house.

Well if that's the case, in conclusion it is unfair to pit up Shaft against Kyoani because Kyoani always got the advantage of superior numbers. They've got quality checkers, animation departments and even schools to teach their animators. It's a miracle that Shaft and Kyoani are even on equal ground when Shaft doesn't have all these privileges.

It's a one-sided battle and yet Cred Forums always make big of a deal whenever Shaft fails. Kyoanifags, grow the fuck up.

Gundam SEED is still the most successful selling tv anime of all time.

>It's a miracle that Shaft and Kyoani are even on equal ground when Shaft doesn't have all these privileges.
They're not on equal ground, though

What's Quaras?

VEG was 'just a CM' too

I can't take a studio that sexualizes little girls seriously. SHAFT does it probably because none of their employees have daughters while KyoAni staff are non-virgin, successful human beans pushing the Japanese birthrate forward.

A CM that ends with a mention of an anime being in the works.

Why are people saying Kyoani is on a decline? I'm just curious because I'm not that well informed on what's going on in animation studios.

>SHAFT are the ones doing repetitive designs and not Kyoani? Kyoani basically recycles the same characters for every show they make.

And what tells you to choose between Kyoani or Shaft? They are both using the same repetitive shit.

Like the majority of anime lazy authors and studios.

They aren't. Their current lineup is great.

You can look up the numbers but Haruhi BD Box is the best selling BD Box of all time with 1.113 Billion Yen.
Quaras is a big nip advertising company. They tend to get in the production committee but KyoAni and the rest of the committee just hired them on a commission.

>I can't take a studio that sexualizes little girls seriously
>but i'm fine with Kyoani doing it because they're non-virgins!
>and i don't like Shaft doing it because they're virgins!

What is up with this retarded board?

>KyoAni
>sexualizing lolis

pick one

nice comprehension

"What is a plot?" -Kyoani

What's an example of that?

"If I don't like it, it's not a plot" -You

I've looked up the best selling tv anime on Google and you're right. I'm wrong about it being Gundam SEED. It was Bakemonogatari.

I haven't been able to revere anything they've made in over half a decade. Kyoani found a comfort zone in which they can churn out the same stuff over and over and make ends meat.

I miss the crazy risk-taking Kyoani that dared to air a series out of chronological order, make the same episode 8 times with different directors, have the first 10 minutes of lucky star having the characters talk about inane ridiculous bullshit, completely change direction in Clannad's 2nd season, and make an over-the-top animation series like Nichijou.

K-On ruined KyoAni.

>hired a big nip advertising company for advertising

But still screen it at around a hundred cinemas, with some seats empty on some days.

>doing what their masters make them do is taking a risk

>Shaft
>has the backing of media juggernaut Aniplex
>has outsourcing potential to Korea
>has source material rights to the most popular series in Japan

>Kyoani
>has a guy who wears overalls to work

if anything Kyoani is the one who is completely disadvantaged

Then i'd rather they do what their masters told them to.

No, you retard. Bakemonogatari is the best-selling TV anime of this century, which is probably what you found. It's second to NGE overall.

Why are you so retarded?
KyoAni and Shochiku fucked up the release so hard. They thought that they can get by the late night crowd on a mainstream movie. I know they're playing it safe but if Toho was behind this they could've hit it big with more ads and more screens. People were fed up with KnK because of the botched release.
If you're on about Lantis then you should know shitposter kun that KyoAni and Lantis are more interrelated than being a slave/master. Hatta owns the land 2 Lantis studios are built on.

Just proves the Kyoani has never been anything special, and only ever produces good shit when more creative financial giants are telling them what to do.

Eva and 79 Gundam outsell Bakemono.

This. Kadokawa days are golden.

>Liking Haruhi
>Liking FMP
>Liking Lucky Star
>Liking Keyshit
Bad Taste desu google.

Chuu2 and Free are theirs and have sold more than anything SHAFT has made save for Bake and Madoka

Becoming independent, buying content, rejecting K-On S3 to make an original anime, making a movie out of an unsuccessful original anime, are all riskier than doing what Kadokawa wanted to them to do.
Also, they sucked before K-On S2.

What does clothes have to do with anything? He probably wears that so that his shirt doesn't get stained with paint

I really hope shaft dies off after monogatari ends. They cant animate for shit which is absolutely embarassing for an ANIMATION STUDIO.

Koe no Katachi is theirs(the animation that is) and made more than anything not named Madoka).

What's the general opinion on the Koe no Katachi movie?

all of their directors are hacks too

98% approval rate at the exit polls.

Mostly positive reception

We're talking about the same studio right? In what alternate universe does 12 episodes of random, unconnected activities equal a series of events with a beginning, climax, and end?

>I don't understand Dada
Pleb

What are you talking about?

Chuu2 was incredibly average (2nd season was worse than average), and I never watched Free! because I'm not a faggot.

I would rather watch something that has unconnected activity than watch constant fan service coupled with messy plots and horrible story-line.

Is there actually any place on the Internet to download or watch it right now?

It got a second season, didn't it?

I'm watching them closer than White Swallow.

I feel like I would enjoy Kyoanus more if they would just stop adapting their own garbage works because they clearly can't write for shit.

Most of their shows have had a beginning climax and end. I can only think of Nichijou, Lucky Star, Chuu2 S2 and maybe K-On S1 for literal random skits, because that was their point.

KyoAni doesn't have inhouse writers.

How soon before they become Aniplex 2.0, complete with profit-uber-alles attitude and splitting OAVs into three movies?

Is there even a rivalry between shaft and kyoani? Is shaft even relevant today?
I don't think so.

Isn't most of Kyoani's work s adaptations of manga or light novels? Do they have any original works?

Tamako Market which is an underrated masterpiece as far as I'm concerned and Munto which I've yet to watch but it looks so generic.

Munto, Tamako Market, and Tamako Love Story.
Technically K-On S2/movie and Free S1/S2 are original too.

Upper left loli looks like she has an extremely high fever.

have you just not watched a Kyoani show in the last 5 years or something?

Literally the only episodic show was Phantom World which still somehow had a proper ending

>Salami-san
>SZS
>Arakawa
>Denpa Onna
>popular series

>Silverlink only receives attention because of Fate
Are you retarded? They made an Ikuhara anime and one of the best SOLs of all time. And they're headed by one of the best SHAFT directors (Oonuma Shin).

More popular than any KyoAni LN adaptation, yet most of them have sold far less. SHAFT really is just a mediocre studio.

Don't bother with these guys, user. 90% of neo-Cred Forums literally thinks SOL is the only good genre of anime.

>one of the best SOLs of all time

What, Anne Happy? Sure it's one of the best, but it flopped horribly.

>replying to yourself
shameful

Non Non Biyori

He means NNB.

Stop.

clearly I'm talking about series such as Bakemono, Mekaku and Nisekoi. Shaft literally has sales dropped into their laps and somehow still manage to screw things up.

NNB is one of the best for sure, only second to the likes of Tamako Market and K-On as far as pure SoLs go.

I will never understand why people think NNB is one of the best SOLs. There are plenty better.

This may sound stupid but.

There are moments in which I feel a certain studio cockiness whilst watching Nisemonogatari and beyond. Almost as if Shaft was forcing their their artistic ideas on them. And that pisses me off.

Were three out of those four started by the kyoanus coven? They've officially surpassed madofags as the most cancerous fanbase on Cred Forums. No wonder the majority of anons hate kyoanus these days.

They are the same people who think Nichijou is the pinnacle of humor and post it in every thread about gag/comedy anime.

Such as...?

>Almost as if Shaft was forcing their their artistic ideas on them
I got that impression with Nisekoi. Their futuristic archictecture and artsy aesthetic and random letters were completely unnecessary and did not fit the original source. In fact, they were distracting.

>this is what Kyoanusfags actually believe
Delusions are said user.

Stay contained in your prison thread, studiowarriors.

>retarded delusional ESL
ok

Blame the guy who posted the "Are they OUR Guy" thread for this mess. I had a very meticulous plan laid out to post a White Fox/DogaKobo thread right after this thread died, but he posted that shit probably after reading my earlier post ITT, so I had to pull the trigger early.

Aria
Anne Happy
K-ON
Gochuumon

>90%
You're absolutely wrong. There's no fucking way that that much % on Cred Forums has that good of a taste.

I believe Trigger will save anime!

Doesn't mean he own Lantis.

But Haruhi, Lucky Star and Clannad are garbage compared to later Kyoani

this bait is beyond stale, its moldy.

Anyone remember that blog site back in 2011(?) of some SHAFTfag always shitting on KyoAni and praising SHAFT? He even blamed KyoAni for E8 and Nichijou.

A
U
T
I
S
M

where's the image

you are diseased

>kyoanusfags will defend this

A accidentally a letter, deal with it nigger.

Nice cherry-picking bullshit. The early release SHAFT designs for Zaregoto look exactly like Monogatari. Zaregoto should have gone to White Fox. They stayed faithful to the source art with Katanagari.

All of kyoanis character designs look very similar to each other it's rather disgusting.

Is that the new Monogatari?

I think those images are trying to be ironic, the Zaregoto adapted designs look nothing like the source. Even the MC looks like Araragi in some scenes.

>people spend THIS much time making diagrams defending their favorite studios to post on a Canadian landscaping forum

What did he mean by this?

>kyoani

looks nothing like araragi

>Cred Forums can only make 2000 threads a month

>One of them is this one

Disgusting

All Miyazaki's character designs look similar.
All Shinkai movies are directed in the same way.
All Oshii movies feature basset hounds and bird symbolism.
All Shinbo works have the same coloring techniques.
All Hosoda films have lateral tracking shots.

Fucking disgusting.

>Tamako Market
Jesus Christ.

The anime industry is full of hacks.

Shaftshitters are in full damage control after Kizu flopped and Koe no Katachi is projected to gross more than all 3 parts combined.

>Araragi
If anything, that thumbnail looks like fucking Renton.

Necktilts so original.

>Koe no Katachi
>story of boy who bullied a girl and then they end up fucking

Tamako Market is a beautiful healing anime, Episode 2 alone is better than all 2 seasons of NNB, it's also directed by a superior director.

u.pomf.is/pbiahv.webm

I agree it's absolutely disgusting.

Can't wait for the new Monogatari season!

God, stop trying so hard to make your shitty edit a successful meme, it won't happen. You're retarded.

> (OP)
>Shait and KyoAnus are two sides of the same cancerous tumor killing the industry.
Finally someone with common sense

>it's also directed by a superior director.
Like that means shit, Kyoani aren't known for having good directors. All the studio has is good animation.

>Add blur
>Add orange filter
>Add grain

Kyoani is a shitty instagram filter

Tamako is the biggest piece of shit that kyoani created.

>>story of boy who bullied a girl and then they end up fucking
> they end up fucking
You know, if this were true, KnK would've already make more thant the 11 billion of the Shinkai movie.

Market was so comfy. It's amazing that Yamada pulled off a different feel in Love Story.

Yamada is very well known

Just stop. SHAFT fans don't even exist anymore. The majority of "SHAFT posters" are just falseflagging Kyoanifans trying to hype their studio by pitting it against a rotting corpse of a studio.

At least attack one of the handful of up-and-coming studios which are actually accumulating a fanbase.

Way to go outing yourself as a pleb who doesn't understand kino.

Do Kyoani's adaptations do their source materials justice?

Is this a bad joke?

Their adaptations are usually superior to the source.

>Do Kyoani's adaptations do their source materials justice?
Are you seriously asking this question? I cannot believe it. They use to improve the source material in EVERY fucking case.
Just wait for KnK, though that wasn't exactly something hard to achieve, since the manga was average at its best and complete garbage the rest (ch. 20-end).

>comfy
Kill yourself

I learned how to be like kyoani

autism speaks

KyoAni always chooses shit source material to adapt so they can make it better.

SHAFT always gets the most popular source material so even when they make a shit job at adapting it, it ends up breaking even at least.

>the anons in the thread don't actually like anime
>only know of two studios SHAFT and Kyoani

fuck off, these threads should be banned

I guess all arthouse cinema don't have a plot

Comfy posters are cancer

Only in the sense that they please Aniplex with there keep cost low above all else approach and thus keep getting blue chip stuff farmed out for them to shit out. They're literally around cause they work really fucking cheap

Anti Studio fags are cancer

Its just because it cheap

In that case they should just choose a good source and make it a masterpiece instead of choosing shit sources and ending up with something mediocre.

this is true but nobody wants to admit it

>K-on
>Kadokawa
retard

>forced meme
>forcing artistic ideas on a novel

>rewatching Tamako Market
>get hit with this
too comfy for me

The source material is usually garbage and if they get a decent one they fuck it up.

B-but comfyture is yummy.

>>has source material rights to the most popular series in Japan
Surely you mean Aniplex

>background artists work hard on making beautiful scenery
>some faggot in composite obscures all that hard work with blur

its called Desu of Field

I'd argue studio fanboys don't really exist like they did in years past and it's just the shitposters that have been allowed to run rampant working from a framework to annoy people. There's something really fake and manufactured about how both the hate and the supposed worship comes across. Like I've seen studio fanboy posting both anonymous and not and they simply don't talk like the people in these threads talk, so distant and only in generalized and inflammotry tones like you'd expect from a false flagger that doesn't actually watch stuff he's trying to start shit over.

Looks better when they add the blur.

Because kyoani is shit

No.

They have animation rights mainly. Very rarely source material rights

This

When will Kyoani stop being so shit

Never

when Madhouse starts making good anime again

It has no place in animation.

>if they get a decent one they fuck it up
You mean they make a masterpiece out of it, right?

Because you say so?

Call me a KyoAnus licker if you want but I believe KyoAnu SoLs have some of the best characterization in the industry. The interactions between characters feel so natural. Most other SoL shows feel very scripted and formulaic, to the NNB fags, if you remember the episode where Natsumi hangs out with Hotaru, that was a good episode with decent character interaction, KyoAni shows almost always feel like that. As much as Cred Forums seems to love GochiUsa I think it's one of the most generic SoLs with some of the worst characters I've ever seen.

Fucking rabbits wouldn't have lasted five seconds in the rice fields, literally and figuratively.

Seriously what does goshitsama have that biyori didn't already have a vastly superior version of?

Because you say so?

Yeah. It's not even really fun to read it, because nobody is at least trying to come up with witty jokes and commentaries.

It's just fakers and posers.

Why are headtilts bad, but the yamada leg cut is pure kino?

The only masterpiece Kyoani ever made was the disappearance.

>being this much of a studio war faggot

The headtilts are there because Shinbo says so. Yamada tells a story through body language.

Its so much easier to just say something's so than to actually demonstrate it with actual imagery, isn't it?

>this thread
We Cred Forums now.

>shinbo makes everyone shoehorn headtilts because he watched a dezaki anime decades ago
why?

Idiot.

except Cred Forums hates kyoanus

Yes that's why Yamada is a vastly superior director since she knows how to convey mood through body language and shot composition. Shitbo & Co. on the other hand do extreme head close ups and head tilts just for the fuck of it, because it's their """"""style"""""".

I see you don't understand how much memetilts add to the narrative.

What is the purpose of headtilts anyway?

>autism the post

>messy plots and horrible story-line.
Explain your issues with the monogatari franchise please.

I was asking you to show some pictures to prove your autistic point, dude. Why don't you try showing instead of just telling.

So does Cred Forums.

He doesn't have any concrete reason because he can't enjoy a series that isn't kyoani.

When will shaftshitters learn?

Why are Shaft's directors so talented?

Tells a story through body language.

The story of Shinbo being creatively bankrupt?

Tatsuya Oishi is the only worthwhile director at Shaft. Kizumonogatari is pure kino.

Kyoani fags are inferior, thus the reason for these threads.

Is anyone interested to know how to make SHAFT approved backgrounds?

I can teach you how to kyoani approve anything

see

Why is this allowed?

Is that supposed to look bad? The glossiness gives it an otherworldly feel.

That looks like a first semester graphic design homework

Looks more like Uchouten Kazoku's BG art style with GoHands filters.

these two scenes are literally the same

Everything SHAFT makes has an otherwordly feel, because they don't really have any range at all. They also can't animate background characters for shit.

Kyoanus=nintendo
Both boards hates someone from Kyoto.

Shaft is finally leaving the comfort zone with 3gatsu.

Nice. Has kind of a '60s/UPA feel to it, and lush coloring. Not that I'd expect many of you animation "experts " to know about UPA.

Looks like kyoani has hipsters on lsd from deviantart do their backgrounds, completely shit

3-gatsu background characters look amazing, not even KyoAni can compare

u.pomf.is/rwdhxl.webm

>Post an image of SHAFT and just write fucking anything desparaging about the studio and get a 200+ responses

Jesus Christ, I've been at this for weeks, and people keep responding. How long until people are finally desensitized to this nonsense? I even try my best to post multiple responses in my own fucking threads about how ridiculous this is.

>Not that I'd expect many of you animation "experts " to know about UPA.
A mere footnote in the history of western animation, that's what. Nobody aside from animation nerds remember them.

Now it's just getting pathetic user, I think you need to stop posting.

It's been going on forever how new are you?

You must be new here.

only 54 posters too

>comparing different genre shows

Kyoanus fags are shit

Please tell me this isn't from Kizu. Don't know much about Monogatari but this is absolutely shameful if it's from a movie.

Maybe you should actually watch the show you shit on.

Or whatever their publisher equivalent is, faggot

SHAFT threads only get any responses at all because it's a KyoAni vs SHAFT season, as you can see no one actually likes SHAFT, they're just comparing them to the superior studio. Threads like this would probably die in a few hours if it wasn't for KyoAni.

What else can an embarrassment like this came from?

>Kyoani fag outted himself

How fucking retarded can you get?

Kumiko's butt > Any SHAFT girl's butt.

Because KyoAni staff are better at drawing people.

You've clearly never seen any SHAFT anime. Every Monogatari girl has a better butt than her.

No

Someone's buttmangled

Kumiko's blood > Any SHAFT girl's blood.

>has never seen monogatari

Why not like both?

Both studios have been in decline the last few years. The Monogatari well is drying up and Euphonium and Phantom World were pretty but ultimately utterly trash from a writing standpoint.

>Hyouka and 3-gatsu
>different genres

I love NNB, and I think gag comedy shows, including Nichijou, are mostly bad.

Try it bitch. Try to make a thread about any studio and you'll see their fans discuss things just fine.

Oh, you can't. You can't not post anything about Kyoani because else you'd feel insecure.

Why do the characters look like they were dipped in lip gloss

I think like 50 of these posts have been mine desu

>Euphonium
>ultimately utterly trash from a writing standpoint
Nice try.

These look like fetishized doll butts, not cute at all.

What has genre have to do with good art?

Are you retarded? Ones a mystery the other is a sport anime.

GochiUsa isn't a very good SoL. It's sickly saccharine and devoid of substance to the point of being difficult to watch

>What has genre have to do with good art?
Typical Kyoani fag

Ask SHAFT.

That scene wasn't from Kizu and you don't even have correct grammar. Try harder faggot.

Wait, you aren't implying that everyone here is just pretending to be retarded, are you?

Euphonium is garbage I love Kyoani but come on user.

false flagger

Oh look it's Houkzzzzzz

But it was though. It's very dry and plain and does nothing to push past simply being a highschool melodrama about a band. The characters are extraordinarily one-dimensional. They don't grow or develop or change really, Kumiko is only slightly less of a bitch at the end of it. Every episode plays out almost identically, the practice, there is some drama that makes them sad, they practice more. Nothing the characters say or do seems unique, they're completely flavorless. I barely remember the show. Comparing it to KyoAni's other, earlier works (Haruhi, Hyouka, Nichijou) it just lacks the character that makes me love the studio. The only thing it has going for it is amazing visuals, but we expect that from KyoAni.

Correct, that isn't a Kizu scene, but this one is.

>kino
Fuck off to Cred Forums idiot

Araragi's hair looks soft, face because good skin and moisturizer

Kyoani characters hair and cheek glare look like a polished car

I can actually think for myself I don't blindly eat up everything that Kyoani puts out.

>The characters are extraordinarily one-dimensional. They don't grow or develop or change really
Kumiko and Reina do change, it's very subtle and it's mostly shown through body language, but they do. If you want complete personality overhauls look elsewhere because that's just bad writing, and Hibike lacks that.

What's with the zit on his ass?

>Posting this same webm
>Creating your same anti shaft threads
Are you that butthurt?

>B-but ARTISTIC CHOICE!

What's with the zits on their cheeks?

so sports anime are allowed to have worse animation when compared to a mystery anime?

>implying we shaftfags wants attention kyoani fans

um we'd prefer it if you'd leave us in peace please

>teenagers

So much shitty blur

>B-but ARTISTIC CHOICE!

Shaft and Kyoani fags are truly the cancer of this board

The worst thing is almost no one calls them out like Naruto fags

>If you want complete personality overhauls look elsewhere because that's just bad writing

I'm not looking for them to go be like Simon or Shinji or whatever, but I want something more tangible than "Kumiko cut her hair" or "she looks less standoffish in this scene." There's a different between subtlety and you grasping at straws. Even the keions underwent a more dramatic change.

If Euphonium wanted to be the same slice of life that most KyoAni shows wanted to be I'd be fine with the static characters, but it very clearly wants to be a drama, and for that to happen, there are higher standards for how characters need to be written.

Why, in your mind, are Kumiko and Reina such great characters? Can you think of specific scenes or actions that really show them as being well developed or written? Actions they take that set them apart from the sea of moe schoolgirls that exist out there, or differentiate them in someway? Because I honestly can't.

Or, to be more fair, can you explain why you like Euphonium so much? I'm genuinely curious and I want to know what people see in the show that I don't.

Name a better character acting scene in Hibike

Protip: You can't

>comparing different studios for their own creative choices

Maybe all the studio animation should look exactly the same, I bet that would be great. right?

I still blame the sakugadork twittercircle for setting up foot here on Cred Forums.

How can you judge a show that isn't even out yet?

>Can you think of specific scenes or actions that really show them as being well developed or written? Actions they take that set them apart from the sea of moe schoolgirls that exist out there, or differentiate them in someway?
You need to watch the show before shitting on it lad, because characterization in Hibike, specially for Kumiko is all over the show, I can't pinpoint a single scene because they're all important for the development of Kumiko, but if I had to choose I'd go with the entirety of episode 12.

Hibike, like every single KyoAni show, is character driven. Characters make the show and if you "honestly can't" see it you need to pay more attention.

But the character are shit

>Next season has an anticipated Kyoani sequel, a SHAFT show (Plus really hyped OVA), and a White Fox original

The studio shitposting is just gonna get worse, isn't it?

But I thought kyoanusfelchers were animation experts.

Oh wait, they think animation should perfectly mirror real life and not be its own thing. Why don't they just literally film their brightly polished feces with cameras and 3dpd actors then? If yamashit has such a theatrical eye, why don't they stick to stage plays?

Here's a better question that actually really annoys me - why does everyone hate headtilts for being overused, but love the Obari pose ?

One is cool, the other isn't.

>You need to watch the show before shitting on it lad

I'm disappointed, I was hoping you'd actually try to make an argument and defend the show you seem to like so much rather than mere accusing me of not watching it.

I can't even make a rebuttal cause you're not giving me anything specific to work with here. You can't just point to an episode and say "That" that isn't an argument. Seriously consider, if you lack the ability to construct an argument here, then maybe you're letting your subjective feeling of a show cloud your view of it's objective quality.

I'm not denying that it's character driven, but just because it's character driven doesn't make it good. Lucky Star is character driven, and while I love that show, no one holds Lucky Star up on the same pedestal they hold Euphonium on.

You're telling me to pay attention, but the fact that you can't give me anything specific betrays that you're lacking the critical eye you seem to think you have. If these roles were reversed, and you asked my to defend a show I loved and give specific examples of why I thought it was good, I'd have no problem. After all, those specific examples are the reasons I like the show.

Anyway, I have to sleep so I'm sorry, I won't be able to read your rebuttal. You don't really seem to want to discuss things anyway, rather it seems like you'd rather hate on me for not liking a show you like rather than actually try to critically discuss our views on the show.

Oh wait I'm in a bait thread on Cred Forums why am I even pretending to be polite?

I'm not the guy you're responding to, and I'm not against anime using surrealist visuals, but the Nisekoi screencap looks like shit. From the gradient to the flying dots, to the texture inside the grass, it all looks very amateurish and something an "artsy" teenager would make in photoshop.

UPA

You mean those fucktards who gave the world cheap limited "animation" that started American animation 's continuing downhill slide? Figures shaftards would like them.

Yeah, next seasons gonna be pretty bad. White Fox fans are already salty about the fact that Zaregoto went to SHAFT instead of their studio. It's gonna be a shitfest and everybody is getting ready to pounce on whichever studio's show flounders.

Because the Obari pose is used in a specific setting and context while headtilts are used in shaft shows as "filler" storyboards in any (and almost every) line of dialogue just to make the character look critical and/or outlandish. See that monogatari gif with the coffee and the triangular table, where there are 3 headtilts in the first 6 seconds.

>Spoonfeed me on why this show is good

Fuck off, go to Youtube and watch Hibike reviews if you can't make up your mind by yourself.

There's no need to make an argument when the fucking development is so stupidly apparent in the show if you actually watch it. If you can sit through episode 12 and at the end think that Kumiko hasn't developed at all, you're either stupid, deluded, or lying.

Okay, let's try showing instead of telling and post some specific examples of how exactly the obari pose and the leg cut are used in fitting ways and not just as stylistic trademarks.

At least with the headtilt the character's face is in focus.

Last anime I watched from these guys that I actually liked was Mekakucity Actors. Sadly that anime's fanbase has turned into a bunch of scene emo fucks who think it's a masterpiece when it was only somewhat decent

Mexico city actors was Shaft's encore shark jump after Nisekoi.

Your just have shit taste, only MALtier faggots enjoy it.

Legs are very expressive, can make the character look energetic, scared, sad, tired, etc. On top on expressing feelings, they show personality too. All of this while also showing an action by the character.
Ignore the spic subs in the webm. Just by how they move their legs, you can know which character is which and you can even imagine the expressions on their faces perfectly.

Head tilts (more specifically Shaft's headtilts), on the other hand, do not convey any emotion by the character and serve no narrative purpose other than "sharp look".

>legs show more emotion than a face
kyoanusfags everyone.

Also, leg shots is a way wider term than headtilts because one specifies what appears in the frame and the other specifies the action that is happening in it. While headtilts aren't necessarily always the exact same, Shaft's headtilts are, and if you stripped the headtilts of their character designs, you could almost say it was the exact same storyboard for all of them.

>strawmanning
I said legs are very expressive, not that they are more expressive than a face, idiot. Don't put words in my mouth. I said that specifically Shaft's headtilts don't show any emotion.

>can't make an argument
>the other party is stupid

Come off it. Your moe show about high school girls is hardly Joyce. Also didn't you say earlier the character development was subtle and shown through body language? Now it's stupidly apparent?

You are aware when you make arguments like this it makes you look like a blithering idiot right? And it just gives fuel to people who want to hate on KyoAni? I know you're butthurt by the fact I don't like the show but here I am sincerely trying to talk about it and you're so angry you can't even give me the time of day. Frankly, you're either stupid, deluded, or lying. I actually think you might just be trying to falseflag as a KyoAni fan.

I made up my mind long ago, the show is subpar and while it's not as bad as Phantom World it's definitely one of KyoAni's worst works. Again because of the shallow characterization and ultimately unengaging and sentimental plot. I wanna know if the people who like it actually have some sort of valid reason to enjoy it I missed or are simply turning their brains off and allowing their feelings for the studio to color their thoughts.

I got my answer.

>bones is so op is isint even mentioned

Autistic manchildren take their delusional relationships with companies and corporations seriously.

Not him, but your whole approach seems sort of incomplete to me. Would you criticize someone for using sharp looks (which are, as you yourself admitted, a narrative action) like you would for the headtilt? Would you praise someone for showing an expression like you would for conveying it with the legs? Nothing here is particularly convincing about why one is good and the other is bad, you're just describing the rather mundane and easy-to-convey things that each of them tell you.

The opinions of Cred Forums is entirely irrelevant in respect to the anime industry. People here don't even fucking buy the disc releases.

More like

>Bones is so irrelevant, it's not even mentioned

>that webm
Every fucking time.

>didn't you say earlier
No because I'm not the guy from before. That post you replied to was my first one in the argument.

>it just gives fuel to people who want to hate on KyoAni
If you want to hate on a studio because of what an anonymous poster said online, go ahead, you're still the stupid one.

And seriously, if you can sit through episode 12 and say Kumiko's unchanged, I don't get the point of saying anything other than what I said. Especially since
>I made up my mind long ago

Kyoani vs SHAFT isn't a thing except on Cred Forums.

has anything Kyoani done come close to gatari sales?

>I wanna know if the people who like it actually have some sort of valid reason to enjoy it
Yes, we enjoy it for the great characterization and subtle character development, but since you can't see it I guess that's why you don't like it. You probably need to pay more attention next time. But hey your true colors finally came out, even if we did what you wanted and spoonfed you with scenes of character development you'll just dismiss them, good day, troll.

Nothing. Maybe K-on, but it's still not anywhere near that or Madoka

I think Haruhi comes close with 78k while Bake has 112k I think.

>irrelevant
>cowboy bebop
>space dandy
>fmab
>soul eater
>eureka seven
>chaika
>mob psycho
>darker than black
its wantanabes playgound

What am I supposed to be horrified about?

Did you just assign Bake's sales to Haruhi and NGE's to Bake? If this is a joke, I don't get it.

Watanabe has done literally one series at Bones, retard. Bebop was Sunrise, Bones didn't exist yet.

My gripe isn't on the "sharp look", it's because a headtilt is a very cheap way of conveying it and the way Shaft uses it is very repetitive. Like I said, strip those cuts of the designs and you end up with the same thing from all of them. I'm not saying headtilts are inherently bad, but Shaft doesn't make a good use of them in my opinion. Like I said, they just (over)use it to make the character look particularly sharp or outlandish and "interesting". There are many different ways of conveying this, but it's always headtilts for them. On the other hand, leg shots are used for a wide variety or things (like I said, showing emotion, showing personality, showing actions), and can't really be put in the same category as a headtilt. If it always were the same action that was being used for the same effect, then I would complain.

>359 replies
end my life already

What are you even saying? Haruhi S1 has an average of 78k sales and Bake has 110k+, this is with re-releases into account.

How many of these people are actually shaft and kyoani jihadists and how many are just bored shitposters who better finish their homework?

bebop was done by all of future bones staff, they left after bebop and made bones, which did the movie with sunrise
sunrise is good too desu

Oh, you're counting rereleases. That's a heck of a coincidence - not counting rereleases, Bake has 79K and NGE has 112K.

Shitposter here.
But I never ever falseflagged as a KyoAni- or Shaft-fag.

First off, again, I don't want to hate on KyoAni. I adore KyoAni, and I agree they're probably the best and most consistent studio out there right now.

That being said, I really think Euphonium was a miss for them.

Now, perhaps saying Kumiko doesn't change at all is hyperbolic so I'll stick with what I said in the previous post. The characterization is shallow. The ways in which she changes are minute and obvious, and that's what makes it disappointing to me.

The most obvious specific example I could work with is the instance where she, and forgive me this isn't a verbatim quote I don't remember it exactly, says to Reina "You seriously thought we could win?" an event that is inverted at the end of the series, and Kumiko's reaction to that shows just how much she's grown to care about her performance and their success.

But now I've summed up her whole character arc. She goes from dejected, and disillusioned, to someone passionate and reinvigorated with hope and a fervor to play. Correct me if you think I'm misrepresenting anything.

The problem is that character arc is 101 for this type of story. That's the absolute basic plot outline we expect from this type of musical drama, and Euphonium does nothing to deviate from it. Scenes in K-On hit harder (particularly the one where they realize they won't have another school festival) because for the most part, the show is light-hearted. When it suddenly drops drama on you, it's surprising and catches you off guard. That isn't the case with Euphonium, everything proceeds exactly as expected and that's why I feel it is shallow and generally poor.

How terrible Hibikek was

Haruhi has more BD volumes hence more yen. That's what he tried to says.

I haven't seen it, all I know about Hibike is that the girl with the fluffy hair is pretty cute.

You hate the idea of contrary opinions so much that rather than trying to defend your own ideas you'll gladly just shut out people who disagree with you and call them trolls (despite having no evidence to back that up).

You're everything wrong with the world.

>consistent

Seriously? I don't hate them, but the last thing they did that was even remotely fun was Amagi, and that was cliche as shit.

>Hibike
>Chuu2
>Phantom
>KnK

>SZS final volume adaptation never

So you're saying the hero's journey is bad? No one is arguing that the plot is anything new, but it's well executed.

Kizu isn't bad, but it would've been the perfect movie had they not been jews and made it three god damn parts

I agree Amagi was cliche but it actually made me laugh which is rare for anime. I can understand why people don't like Chuu2 but I actually enjoyed it. Not tremendously but still.

KnK, Euphonium, and PW were all misfires, but I'm not going to condemn a studio just for three recent failures, especially when they have Haruhi, Lucky Star, Nichijou, K-On, and Hyouka behind them.

Were there studio wars during the golden age of American animation?

>Disney sameface strikes again
>WB isn't technically an animation studio; you can see why they're called Termite Terrace
>There goes Fleischer, covering up their QUALITY again with 3D effects
>UPA? More liek YouPooEh

The good part about Hibike isn't the "unique" transformation of Kumiko. Like you said, you can expect and predict it. The good part is, partly, the execution, because Kumiko is given good reasons to change. Not all shows where the MC makes a 180° like this gives it actual natural progression and good motivation. The other thing that makes its characters good (and this isn't to KyoAni's credit, but Takeda's) is how each of them has their story (Kumiko wanting a new start, Azuka and her family issues, Reina wanting to be special, Natsuki learning stuff, Haruka and her confidence being the president, Yuuko and her determination to give Kaori the solo, etc.) that each have progression.

>Natsuki learning stuff
Hazuki*

Not bad, but when it's presented as dryly as it is in Euphonium, it can be boring. Euphonium isn't actually bad in the same way something like, idk Kanokon is. But it comes from a really prestigious studio, so when it's just average it's disappointing and makes me far harsher on it then I would be typical run-of-the-mill schlock. Which is amplified by the fact that other people adore it and say it's their best work when it really, really isn't.

How is Hibike the hero's journey in any substantial way? And since when was the hero's journey a sign of good character drama?

It's really hard to make a case for them when the last thing that was really memorable was over five years ago.

I honestly just didn't give much of a shit about them at all until people started touting the greatness of Hibike. I cannot see anything of worth in that series at all. The first episode was a huge lie that lead into a time sink of absolute mediocrity masked in Kyoani animation.

>MGMshitter spotted

How's life treating you as Goldwyn slaves? Those Wizard of Oz shekels won't last forever you know.

I feel you. I don't happen across a genuine laugh very much any more, but the interview episode had me in tears.

While good execution obviously counts for a lot, without the value of surprise it's hard to keep the viewer thoroughly engaged. And I don't mean hackneyed plot twists, I mean minor things that break what we do expect. Had Euphonium actually turned into a romance halfway through, either between Kumiko and Reina or between Reina and the teacher, I think that would've been more interesting because it would essentially be a bait and switch. It doesn't do that though, instead it just goes through the motions. Beautifully directed, and skillfully executed sure, but even the most brilliant execution is going to have a hard time keeping viewers engaged if they can see the whole thing coming.

the problem is that Shaft head tilts in the same direction with the same look no matter what the situation actually implies
>some guy talks to you
>head tilt
>you're shocked
>head tilt
>you're really happy
>head tilt

It very clearly is lad.

Nisekoi s2 was better than Hibike, and that's saying something

>mediocrity masked in animation

Kyoanus in a nutshell. They're a Ferrari engine in a Yugo. A cute couple dressing up in their best outfits to go to McDonald's. Don Bluth-tier animation being used for A Troll in Central Park and The Pebble and the Penguin (oh wait).

To be honest I haven't been blown away by very much in the last 5 years and I think that's why I'm being more fair to them. And despite the fact that they weren't the best shows I still made it through KnK and Euphonium. Only KyoAni show I've ever dropped was PW. They seem to be in a holding pattern right now, but if what they work on next is also mediocre then I'll be inclined to agree with you.

Who knows though, I might like Euphonium 2 a lot more. I hated Chuu2 S1 but actually came pretty heavily around on S2.

>It's really hard to make a case for them when the last thing that was really memorable was over five years ago.
I agree, I really can't bring myself to like shaft for this reason

A reminder that studio wars is Cred Forums-tier shitposting and anyone who engages in such should consider self-euthanization.

Stick to if you know their garbage culture well enough to compare it to anything else

There was surprise, or did you expect Kumiko to actually fail to learn the solo in time and be left out for that part?

You're 100% correct but let's not pretend it's a new thing. Remember when people used to hate on Gainaxfags?

Wake me up when you learn to actually pay and credit your "kino" animators, mouseshitter.

Mickey wouldn't last five seconds in a cage match with Jerry.

Did you seriously just pull the "WOW YOU SURE KNOW A LOT ABOUT (web address we decided to hate) DON'T YOU?" card? Even the most braindead mouth breather would be able to guess that Cred Forums has console fanboyism. One glance at their catalog would confirm that

Nobody cares. You keep posting the same shit in every thread. Cred Forums has been an irrelevant boogieman for years. Why don't you also go bitch about Gaia while you're at it.

>One glance at their catalog

Why would anyone do that?

Leave, and stay there

How is Kumiko a hero - what is the task she must accomplish, who calls her, why is she important? What is the return? What worlds is she even navigating between in the first place? Hibike is not a fucking hero's journey, unless you strip away defining elements and turn the hero's journey into a pointlessly broad model that can't serve it's actual purpose.

Also, whose list is that chart showing? Because it sure isn't the original one.

Nyeh, look at dose poor little mousies tinkin' dey're stronger den a rabbit.

Meanwhile Daffy can outplay dat poor nutjob in da sailor suit any day of de week. What's dat guy's problem anyway? PTSD in de wah? He should see a therapist.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't she ultimately still get to play? Also was it a solo in the first place? Again I could be remembering it wrong but I thought Kumiko was just trying to get a seat in the performance, not a solo. I thought the drama regarding the solo performance was around Reina.

If I'm remembering correctly, the teacher tells Asuka to play the part without Kumiko which leads to her meltdown only for her to be offered to chance to still perform so long as she can memorize the part by the competition. If that's the case, then it's not much of a surprise. It's baiting you into thinking she might fail, but then she just gets right back on track.

Cred Forums is relevant to you since it's the place you should be fucking off to you right about now so you can shitpost about gaming platforms instead of studios. Why even bother? We don't even need to justify buying a 400$ toaster like those guys since we get all out weebshit for free. Unlike you closeminded faglords, I can actually appreciate the great work from all the the talked about studios. Believe or not, it's possible to be excited for Kizu, Koe no Katachi, and Kimi no na Wa without feeling the need to shitpost about for god knows why. Same goes for Kyoani vs Shaft or any of your other retarded "le studio wars"

You sound frustrated. You might feel a bit better with likeminded individuals

Back to plebbit, termitefag. Disney is Cred Forums's official studio.

>once you go to another board once, even LOOKING AT IT, you're done kiddo. You can't be in the Cred Forums club anymore kiddo

I always find it funny when people shit this classic out

I didn't read this because it's too long and you're clearly autistic.

The hero's journey is not about literal heroes, retard.

>hurr lookie me doing neck breaking head tilt
absolutely disgusting

It's funny for someone to have zero interest in video games? That's weird

I find it funny people think there is no way there is any crossover between video game fans and anime fans and if there is it means they must have trash taste and be baiting people into arguments.

But I'm a Fleischerfag.

Popeye can totally beat Saitama and Goku. He beat the whole Japanese Navy himself.

>We just hit the 400+ response threshold for this thread

None of you have any shame.

>pulling out the reddit bogeyman card and nothing else
>"DIDN'T EVEN READ LOL. Yer autistic btw"

Damn you really stumped me boys. Can you at least stop this studio wars shit

I wasn't even speaking in literal terms, faggot. Kumiko does not have a specific task, she is not a "hero" in even a mundane sense.

That said, the actual hero's journey is in fact a theory meant to describe mythological narratives, so it did deal with actual heroes. The version you posted appears to be a revision made by some Disney employee in 2007 specifically to craft it into something screenwriters could use more effectively.

Oh, good, a studio thread.

Which is the largest studio (by personnel)? I'm thinking it's either Toei or Sunrise.

>implying
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hero_with_a_Thousand_Faces
Just because you and a million others try to apply it to every story ever by selecting only the parts that are convenient for a certain case doesn't mean it isn't about literal heroes.

I don't think Sunrise are that big despite having multiple studios. They outsource a lot.

but is worse, right guys?

521 Toei Animation (as of 2014-03-31)
300 Ghibli (not current since all staff animators were let go)
300 Polygon Pictures
193 TMS Entertainment (as of 2015-03)
188 Sunrise (as of 2015-04-01)
162 J.C. Staff (including contractors)
156 A-1 Pictures (as of 2015-02)
154 Kyoto Animation
150 Studio Pierrot (as of 2010)
150 ufotable (as of 2013-09)
137 OLM (as of 2013-03)
124 Asashi Production (as of 2013-04)
120 Production IG
120 Studio DEEN (including contractors)
110 Satellite (as of 2013-04)
100 Studio Hibari
100 XEBEC (including contractors)
100 Tezuka Productions
100 AIC (as of 2010)
94 PA Works (as of 2014-09, 37 regular)
92 Studio L (as of 2013-05, including contractors)
83 GAINAX
80 Answer Studio
77 Dogakobo (as of 2011-09)
76 Sanzigen
70 Madhouse (including contractors)
70 Shin-Ei Animation (as of 2011-07)
70 DLE (as of 2012-09)
70 Bee Train (as of 2010)
70 Synergy SP (as of 2010)

There are quite a few definitions of the hero's journey, none of them are wrong, they're just simple pointers that you can use or ditch at your convenience as a storyteller. They're not rules, faggot. Just because Kumiko is not a literal hero doesn't mean that her story doesn't follow those guidelines.

A recent article revealed Ufotable to have 200 staff, including those working at their cafe and cinema.

Holy shit, never realized JC Staff was so high up there.

>pointers
>rules
>at your convenience as a storyteller
As you've been told twice already, it's not a fucking guide, it's a descriptive theory. Except for your Disney version and others like it, I guess.

>Just because Kumiko is not a literal hero doesn't mean that her story doesn't follow those guidelines.
So you're not going to address any of the other differences? You're just going to blow them all off with "it still follows some of them, so it counts"?

>As you've been told twice already, it's not a fucking guide, it's a descriptive theory.
A theory that storytellers use as guideline.

>So you're not going to address any of the other differences? You're just going to blow them all off with "it still follows some of them, so it counts"?
Yes, got any problems with that? the only difference between Kumiko's journey and Campbell's concept is the supernatural and mythological elements, but aside from that it's pretty clear that she follows the exact same pattern.

Mighty Mouse stronker, spinachshitter.

Based Terrytoons.

>SHAFT
>can't do anything other than Monogatari, also don't know how to animate except girls dancing
>Kyoani
>can't do anything other than cheesy romcoms
>if they actually do do something else it has a 70% chance of being shit

As of now, both of these studios are busted.

When will this based Terrytoons meme die? Bottom of the barrel cheap shit. Even their boss said Disney is the Tiffany of animation and they're the Woolworth.

He's right though.

Let's see, Biyori had a little girl learn about life and death.

K-Off had a no-fun-allowed bitch cry because her friends were graduating sooner. Boo fucking hoo.

You've posted this like 4 times already, it doesn't matter if NNB had the meaning of life, the characters fall flat compared to K-On's.

Shaft confirmed for Terrytoons of Japan.

Why? How are the characters just so much more developed? In that one episode we see how Renge does in fact have emotions.

And if we're going to go back to post grad separation and subtle details, consider how Renge may eventually be alone at her school and perhaps the last student there before it closes.

Yes, such rich characters. You've got your lazy idiot, your no-fun-allowed cunt with requisite phobia, your sassy tomboy, your quiet rich girl who wants to be poorfag, and your even bigger cunt token loli who becomes club mascot. Yeah, such an original ensemble there.

I could generalize NNB characters as well.

So how are the koffs so obviously better? Certainly isn't their bland little hijinks.

And NNB's bland little hijinks are?

What's with the recent influx of NNB shitters thinking their anime is relevant at all?

I made this :)

And more true than ever.

Also Amagi Brilliant Park has changed the whole game, fuckos. None of this applies anymore as far as modern KyoAni.

Much deeper. Their town is dying, and unlike the koffs they might have a much harder time ever meeting up again after graduation, seeing as how they'll probably end up in the city in different colleges and careers; hell, likely different cities. But they don't care, they make the most of their youth in the countryside. NNB is a show about making the most of the short time we have. On some level the fading rural town exemplifies that.

Now why don't you answer my question and explain exactly how the koffs are such superior characters and their little trifles are so much more superior?

Koff is bland pablum by comparison in every possible way.

See, I can state blanket hyperbole as objective fact too!

I still think it's mostly fate/shitters that don't want to admit the only reason they're pushing SL is because of their garbage franchise, so they use NNB as an argument.

It's the only thing I can think of, because NNB is alright, but it's not some revolutionary SoL.

Yes, K-On doesn't have a little autistic girl lamenting the death of a fish, but how does that make NNB superior? I don't get it. Tamako and Lucky Star have themes that deal with the death of the protagonists' moms, does that make those two shows better than both NNB and K-On? I think a dead mom is higher on the scale than a dead fish.

Man your samefagging is so easy to spot.

>300 Polygon Pictures
>193 TMS Entertainment (as of 2015-03)
>Their anime still full of QUALITIES

>120 Production IG
>94 PA Works (as of 2014-09, 37 regular)
>83 GAINAX
>70 Madhouse (including contractors)
>Fuid animations with small number of staff
Effective & Efficient

>Fluid animations with small number of staff

You're forgetting all the freelancers and studios they outsource the work to.

>193 TMS Entertainment (as of 2015-03)
I mean
>162 J.C. Staff (including contractors)

>they outsource the work
Literally every studios except Kyoani and (maybe) Ghibli.

But we weren't talking about LS or Tamako, now were we? What exactly makes koff superior to NNB?

That QUALITY is from bad subcontractors, please read the credits.
KyoAni uses their units in Osaka (Animation Do) and Seoul (Studio Blue) when Ghibli used Telecom in almost every project they ever did.

Does Tiffany also not allow any unions?

Guys, Kyoani is really kino with their shows.

whats a kino?

Maybe if the Warners termites had kept out the jewnions they wouldn't be so QUALITY-ridden.

Using instagram for your backgrounds and unnecessary blur effects everywhere else.

Serious answer, in my opinion K-On characters have more natural interactions, the direction is also superior. I wouldn't say the themes of NNB are better, they're just more melancholic. K-On deals mostly with friendship and camaraderie while NNB deals with isolation, parenting and other more "serious" things. I wouldn't even compare the two since as far as SoL go they have entirely different moods.

Cred Forums meme. Means really good shit

Report and ignore.

Aria, aiura, yys are better sol than K-on

But the worst fanbase on Cred Forums is the kyoanus coven.

Yes I report and ignore fate shitters and ufobabies.

they release like 2 shows every season

K-On is more successful and critically acclaimed.

>please read the credits.
I've read it, user. Those credits are full of Koreans & Vietnamese.

Mouseshitters confirmed for Cred Forumstards.

By who? Yaraon? MAL?

yeah if the "critic" is digibro.

>K-On is more successful and critically acclaimed
wtf i hate Aria, aiura, and yys now

K-ON is the best

No one question this.

Well okay, I guess a couple idiots question this.

>K-On! - 44k
>K-On!! - 40k
>YYS - 3k
>Aria the Animation 10k
>Aria the Natural - 9k
>Aria the Origination - 13k
>NNB - 8k
>NNB Re - 5k

>>K-On!! - 40k
Honestly, when you think about it, it's surprising the second season sold this well. 2 cour anime rarely break 30k.

Termiteshitters confirmed for tumblrinas/jidf.

But for an Sol, the others are much better.

K-On only sold well because it was "Kyoani"

So you admit the anus can only squeeze out sol. Good to know.

Fantasia will save animation.

KyoAni tries too hard, they should aim to be more medicore like SHAFT, Silver Link, White Fox or PA Flops.

Why are Kyoanus fags so scared of 3gatsu?

>not pictured: 11 episodes of forced drama

If they are, I'd say it's because 3gatsu is typically the kind of source material KyoAni would adapt. I guess they're afraid that SHAFT will be able to execute a low-key Slice of Life just as well.

No one really cares about that now that the PVs are out and look horrible.

No, most of the staff is still Japanese, only a hand full of Koreans and TMS has never used Nam.
Fixed.

It's not even fair to call that "other studios" and P.A. is more often than not still a tier above most.

>hyouka
>mystery

>America
>Animation

>medicore like SHAFT
those fuckers wait until the last moment to deliver their shows to the broadcasting people. They live the last episode of shirobako a lot.

Fixed, same studio even.

>now that the PVs are out and look horrible.

The PVs have been out forever, though. It looks like a really faithful adaptation with real potential.

GET SCHWIFTY YEAHHHHHH

I lost all excitement when they confirmed Shinbou isn't directing it.

Real potential to be mediocre and nothing more. I don't see anything mindblowing in the PVs, the animation is mediocre, it even has a bit of QUALITY, shot composition is also generic as it gets, I don't believe this is actually directed by Shinbo at all, he's probably using a proxy again. If anything Bump of Chicken will be the one to bump the sales of this, and of course the rabid Umino fans.

>I don't believe this is actually directed by Shinbo at all
You guessed right, he isn't. Kenjirou Okada is directing.

>Story of a black haired, glasses wearing teenage prodigy that hates himself because of family issues, he introspects a lot, specially when performing and has a bunch of cute girls following him around and healing his dark heart.

Your Lie in March as it comes like Lion

That's the basic premise for many anime, including Evangelion.

Can't believe that 2007 manga ripped off the 2011 manga. How fucking shameless

Jesus Christ, what a debacle. Why the fuck did Nisio want so badly to have SHAFT do Zaregoto? That clip looks worse than literally any clip you could find in Katanagatari which came out almost 10 years ago.

Those Zaregoto PVs look really bad. SHAFT's production is going to crumble.

The best TMS people are working on Conan. Troubled productions like Orange are full of outsourced garbage cuts.

Holy fuck the director's hand animation is so fucking off rhythm it destroys the entire scene. I also like how it starts out with a zoom out of a 3D model and then goes into the same animation blatantly copy pasted for each instrument. At least the "other studio" doesn't fuck anything up horribly. The only think the Kyoani version has going for it is special effects.

Orange's art and animation went to shit incredibly quickly, poor Hamasaki.

>So fucking off rhythm
>Webm has no audio

Okay?

>film

Bottom
>tv series
>not even on one of the real networks since CN doesn't give a shit about [as]

Doesn't matter, TV animation in the west is dead, all that's left are automatic tweening software "animators" and feminist screenwriters.

Can you blame any of them? Why bust your ass making something complicated when you can put zero effort into style and make millions by getting hollywood actors act like faggots in a children's cartoon?

>500 replies

Finally, this thread can die

>Satellite
Please, it's Satelight.

No, Their best people only work on the movies and that is rarely, some Orange episodes ended up being done by Korean studios when their best animators were still doing Blue Jacket at the time of it's production.

What's the studio name?

TMS

Where's Shaft?

>does nothing to push past simply being a highschool melodrama about a band
This is the most retarded criticism, do you have brain damage? Your post boils down to "it wasn't what i wanted it to be, so it's poorly written". Neck yourself.