Kaguya-sama anime

Which studio should adapt it?

I think Shaft. And i tell that as devoted KyoAni fag. The headtilts would be glorious, probably 5 per minute

Other urls found in this thread:

yuncomics.com/archives/1780847
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>anime
No, please.

Why? Its perfect material for anime. Manga is popular and switched recently from montly to weekly and doing great. The material is perfectly suited for anime and its question of time when it will be adapted - its inevitable.

This escalated quickly.

so cute

No thanks. An anime would ruin it.

Too quickly, to be honest

Is it a bit too early to have a thread or should we roll with this? With recent development we actually do have stuff to talk about.

>Shaft.
I agree, even as a fellow Kyoanifag. I'd go as far to say that comedy is what Kyoani is weakest at. However, Shaft so far has made me laugh more than any other studio. If anyone could do Kaguya justice, it would be Shaft.

>Why?

They don't want their secret club to be exposed to the general public.

I couldn't have possibly asked for higher rereading value. For some chapters I considered mediocre it turns out I missed the joke. Last thread we were discussing the progress of their relationship so I decided to track its development as I reread it. I'd say biggest points among these are 16 (where she admits her feelings to herself in a roundabout way), 21 (which has chapter 24 as a result, showing that their relationship has deepened), and 35, but we'll see the consequences of it once based Jag does his magic. The following chapters are of key value:

>Chapter 6 (Shirogane's loss): Kaguya genuinely goes dere for the first time.
>Chapter 10 (Draw) - Kaguya gets really flustered at the thought of Shirogane hating her and admires Fujiwara who could pull a prank that easily. Given that the narrator explains that pranks are a way to communicate trust between people it's fair to say Kaguya still isn't comfortable with her feelings. She is crazy for president tho, given that in chapter 7 she is shown having written 42 volumes of "Things to say to president" in different situations, specifically volume 42 is for the trip suggestions.
>Chapter 12 (Kaguya's loss) - After Hayasaka asks her if she would confess or play these silly games were she to find herself in true love, Kaguya realises that she is unsure.
>Chapter 16 (Kaguya's loss) - Kaguya appears to be aware that she likes Shirogane. Not only did she feel jelousy this chapter but she also comments on Shirogane's good points at the end of it, which is what she told Kashiwagi to do to acknowledge her own love.
>Chapter 20.5 (Mutual victory): It appears that Kaguya confessed in a different language.
>Chapter 21 (Draw): Umbrella chapter, enough

it's rightful shaft clay

>Chapter 22 (Fujiwara's victory): This is the first time that they just did something to get closer to each other (with an intent), no battles.
>Chapter 24 (Ishigami's loss): Kaguya going up to the student council with a knife thinks of it as a prank. This is important because at chapter 10 she is shown afraid to pull a prank on Shirogane and is stunned that Fujiwara is able to do it so easily. Narrator remarks that pranks are a way to communicate trust between people, knowledge that the other person will be able to forgive us. Their relationship has at this point certainly grown to move from the spectrum of like to love given that it has gained friendship and trust in its foundation.
>Chapter 31 (Shirogane's victory): It is revealed that Kaguya never even once beat Shirogane at studying even tho she tried her hardest. Narrator notes that her pride was badly hurt due to this, and that Shirogane feels that he must be number one because it's his one way of rivaling Kaguya. If she was better than him at this too, she would be far too out of his reach. I'm just speculating but it could be due to this that Kaguya took an interest in Shirogane at first (him beating her at student council elections as well), because him submitting to her through a cofession could repair her ego. #It was also revealed that Kaguya and Shirogane's relationship wasn't that great even when the student council started working. I remember a one panel flashback of them arguing who was staring at whom. Unsure which chapter that was.
>Chapter 35 (): While sick, Kaguya apologizes to Shirogane for all the trouble she puts him through. She says that everything she does she does for the first time, so she has no choice but to do it like she was taught to, which can be cruel. She asks Shirogane to be together with her and he sleeps in her bed. She doesn't remember any of this.

Doesnt matter. Now that its realized it`ll run forever with zero development as Nisekoi

>>Chapter 24 (Ishigami's loss): Kaguya going up to the student council with a knife thinks of it as a prank. This is important because at chapter 10 she is shown afraid to pull a prank on Shirogane and is stunned that Fujiwara is able to do it so easily. Narrator remarks that pranks are a way to communicate trust between people, knowledge that the other person will be able to forgive us. Their relationship has at this point certainly grown to move from the spectrum of like to love given that it has gained friendship and trust in its foundation.
Lewd

>zero development
You're wrong, but even with zero development the manga is still entertaining just for the comedy alone.

How can there be zero development when his post literally points it out for you? Don't underestimate Aka, this is nothing like Nisekoi.

You're missing the "now", once aka sees the shekels he'll make this shit the same as nisekoi with zero development.
Same happened to nisekois writer, he was actually a good writer before shekels blinded him.

So when will Shirogane`s sibling be introduced?

A lot of these are very subtle, looks like I"m gonna have to read it again sooner than I thought

Quite possibly when Shirogane catches the cold from Kaguya for sleeping next to her, when Kaguya goes to visit him.

when imouto goes to highschool

Yukarin or KitaEri for Kaguya? Chiwa Saito should be Fujiwara

You have those the wrong way around

Nisekoi by it's 35th chapter was introducing the fourth haremette while showing zero development to any couple. Don't kid yourself, the only good Nisekoi chapter before it went to shit was the fucking oneshot. On the other hand the focus on the main couple in Kaguya allows us to perceive those subtle yet important changes in their relationship. The supporting cast allows to develop both of the MC's characters instead of drowning them with nonsensical tropes which I got fucking fed with since Love Hina days.

tl;dr: Aka can write, Komi can't.

This. Fujiwara goes better with Yukarin's voice, while all of Kaguya's swings can only be portrayed by someone with the vocal range of Chiwa Saito.

>I'm just speculating but it could be due to this that Kaguya took an interest in Shirogane at first (him beating her at student council elections as well), because him submitting to her through a cofession could repair her ego. #It was also revealed that Kaguya and Shirogane's relationship wasn't that great even when the student council started working. I remember a one panel flashback of them arguing who was staring at whom. Unsure which chapter that was.
It's probably what sparked the initial interest but Kaguya makes conscious effort to change, there must have been a specific event that melt the ice princess.

>Chapter 24
That explains her expression when she said it was a prank. I didn't understand why it was so dere at the time.

Really puts it into perspective how much Kaguya's side is worked on more than Shirogane's. Only thing I remember is thing you mentioned on chapter 31 and him realising that the reason he won't compliment her nails isn't because of some implication it could hold, but just because he's shy.

Cast:
-Shirogane: Terashima Takuma / Uchiyama Kouki
-Kaguya: Saito Chiwa / Hayami Saori
-Fujiwara: Uchida Maaya
-Hayasaka: Minase Inori
-Ishigami: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu

>>Chapter 24 (Ishigami's loss): Kaguya going up to the student council with a knife thinks of it as a prank. This is important because at chapter 10 she is shown afraid to pull a prank on Shirogane and is stunned that Fujiwara is able to do it so easily. Narrator remarks that pranks are a way to communicate trust between people, knowledge that the other person will be able to forgive us. Their relationship has at this point certainly grown to move from the spectrum of like to love given that it has gained friendship and trust in its foundation.

Alright you and Aka got me, that was subtle as fuck.

If you're talking Shinbou's Shaft with an actual budget, sure it would be great. But anything else wouldn't do it justice.

And ridiculously cute. I've noted down a bunch of stuff I missed and some general trivia as well. For example I taught that pic related was an error in translation, there's no way I would get that joke in chapter 1.

budget doesn't matter, it doesn't have any action scene and almost every scene takes place in the same room

Being in the same room only saves budget if you animate everything from the same angle or use CGI.

Good stuff

He must have given her the ribbon

it saves a lot of budget by not doing lots of intricate backgrounds

why is her hairline like that

None

Kaguya is DRAWN for a shaft adaption

the artist fucking put head tilts in every other frame. it would be a glorious fucking adaption if they turned the clock back to how they did Maria+Holic

At least a drama CD. I want to imagine their mind games more vividly.

Dogakobo.

But you can't see Kaguya's horror faces in a drama CD.

That's why it should just stay a manga

thanks user.

I want a anime, but I will really miss the manga theads, I enjoy them, specially when translator is dumping. Animefags will ruin them, and for the doujins I could only accept sweet vanilla or with comedy trying to use their mind games into conving the other into more extreme plays.

This. Shaft and Kyoanus are fucking cancer
Shaft fanboys in this thread is fucking high

>studiofags set aside their differences and would like to see other studios do adaptations because they think they're more suitable for it

A new day is dawning.

>Why? Its perfect material for anime
It's the opposite actually. The narration and the exposition would be buthered by the anime.

The power of a actually well done and fun manga.

Gainax.

Holy shit

I really can't stand shaft's style to be honest. I can't take all the scene cuts.

I bet that is pure coincidence

missed your chance to say

Who'll be on the cover of Volume 3?

Maid!

The bewildered face seems like an odd one out. Who added it?

Gan'an best boy

Don't be stupid when Aka gets enough Clout he'll start wrapping it up and do an IB-remake

How many chapters do you suppose we will get?

Will he make an appearance next chapter?

Shirogane: Yuki Kaji
Kaguya: Sora Amamiya
Fujiwara: Kana Hanazawa

Miyano Mamoru for Shirogane

Yes, Shirogane will have to explain himself to him

Depends how many sales do you need before you can convince an editor to let you revive a manga cancelled at 5 volumes?

To be honest I didn't even like IB that much, he should either forget about it or remake everything to the point where it's unrecognizable

It's the story he's always wanted to make.

I mean he cried when he saw a manga that another rookie started at the same time continued much longer.

He'll go back to it. It'll probably be a reboot though but it'll likely have the same story beats or at least character journey for the MC you don't have a story planned that long without your MC set in stone.

this

Same voice of Terraformars narrator.
Shit would be glorious.

Why not Kaiji?

Kaguya got canonically red eyes?

Red-ish/Purple Eyes. It´s a little different on every color pic.

Also Miyuki most handsome boy.

They go more for the purple though.

This

Kaguya looks so strange yet still pretty

What if it actually ends like this?

shaft is packed until 2018, kyoani does only their shows right now, so probably someone else

She looks like a spider in the bottom middle one.

Shirogane is on a completely different league from the rest of the cast, while Hayasaka gets a honorary mention.

Shaft should never ever touch anything with a resemblance to a plot. They should limit themselves to 4koma adaptations or at most weird erratic words.

Their trademark sicodelic direction just doesn't work with most things.

aka is too good for that

Silly user, Kaguya could never look scary, much less like a spider.

Any bets on what this week's color page will be?

If the magazine's website is anything to go by, it's probably this.
Literally the first thing you see when you open the site is a full-screen Fujiwara, Young Jump confirmed for excellent taste.

Eh, i would´ve preferred Shiro or GAL mode Hayasaka in color. We already got that nice beach pic of Fuji´s FUJIS.

Hey sucker needs more screen time. Can't get enough of her.

Do you enjoy her GAL modo? It´s her least savage modo btw.

Also holy shit Fujis doublepack covers almost the whole Young Jump background.

My gf Fujiwara is a cute. A CUTE

Tbhf

Nao Touyama as Hayasaka? I want to hear Karen when she goes Gal Mode.

She´s pretty damn cute, but could she do brual/savage meido?

I don't care as long it has Sabagebu's narrator and director.

Her eyes are scary

What chapter was this from? I honestly don't remember

Pokemon Go, when she's trying to keep Fuji away from the student council room.

Chapter 30 where she defends the stuco room.

Thanks, I'm going to reread it again I guess

We getting a new chapter today or is this just a random Kaguya thread?

Random.

KyoAni just did KnK. Although it lost to a Shinkai film of all things.

Random thread, although it's Thursday in Japan now so it might just last long enough to make it to the new chapter.

More Hayasaka i guess. Best butt. Cleaned the pic a little.

Shaft.

It would be glorious.

>Sabagebu
Not Kaiji? That seemed to be the agreed upon narrator.

Sorry Kaguya, but Fujiwara is the real heroine of this manga

>Fujiwara and Prez bonding when?

Never watched it. But I use in my head Sabagebu's narrator when reading Kaguya and he's perfect.

Pic related. I can hear his CHIGAU as clear as day.

Jojo could also work.

SORE WA CHIGAU YO

Somehow her eyes in that panel make her look like a qt dictator happily ordering a genocide of entire nation.

What?

>Dear leader Hayasaka, we have a problem
>what is it soldier
>People from the slums are making a revolt
>How cute. Send the death squads

Neko squad ready for deployment!

Were is the male one? WE NEED THE MALE ONE!

N-neko boy ready for deployment, p-please don´t stare.

The character designs do look pretty well-suited for Shaft.

>inb4 Shaft kills all adaptations reeeeeee

I'd just like to see Kaori Fukuhara get a role for once.

Let them do Voynich Hotel first.

Ded

The only way I can see Voynich working is if they pair it together with Nickelodeon shorts between episodes, and they're from different publishers so that's never happening.

Come on guys... cast this shit properly:

President: Takuya Eguchi
Kaguya: Aoi Yuuki
Fujiwara: Sumire Uesaka
Hayasaca: Rie Murakawa
Ishigami: Nobunaga Shimazaki

I also think shaft, just give them budget for it so it wouldn't end like mekaku.

Mekaku was shit from the start.

>8man
Eh i dunno. But it could work for prez deadpan/serious voice.
>Aoi Yuuki
A little too high-pitch for Kaguya. Her yandere episodes would work well here though.
>Sumire Uesaka
Pretty great fit.
>Rie Murakawa
Also fine.
>Nobunaga Shimazaki
I don´t think he sounds youthful enough for Ishigami. And could he really pull a panicked voice like that?

This week is another "Fujiwara trains Shirogane" chapter where she teaches him how to sing.

>Prez singing

THE HORROR

I'd like an anime, because of how sad the author was when he saw a series that started the same month as IB get an anime adaptation, but I'm also a selfish asshole who likes the supremely comfy threads we have on Cred Forums right now and I've seen enough manga get adaptations to know that the quality of the threads will collapse. While that won't effect the enjoyment I get out of the manga, it will effect the enjoyment I get out of coming on Cred Forums.

For president, average out the 8man voice with his voice as the tanuki guy from inuxboku

for Ishigami, think about his Handakun voice and exaggerate it a bit.

Pres: Uchiyama Kouki
Kaguya: HanaKana
Hayasaka: Chiwa Saito
Ishigami: Matsuoka

Can't think of anyone perfect for Fujiwara.

Oh, also additionally, think back to her role in Gosick. That's another reason why I paired her and Eguchi. It should work well for this MC pair. Y.Aoi's higher pitches would work especially well for the cosplay chapter.

Wouldn´t Matsuoka (sora voice) work better for prez´s genius escapades? Also Hanakana would be fine for Kaguya.
>Chiwa Saito for Hayasaka
Maybe needs to go a lot lower in terms of voice for serious Hayasaka. Not sure about GAL mode either here.
Handa-kun voice (if more wimpy) would work for Ishigami. Banri/8man mix might be ok for Prez but not 100% sure.

Do you think Fukuhara would be fitting for anything?

Hey, someone's got to have her as a seiyuufu.

Kaguya-sama is the absolute best.

Hmm, she´s perfect for the imouto role but i think Prez imouto would be more sadist/tsun so not sure.

>You may have taken the role of "heroine"
>but I won't give up the role of "main character"!!
Nice.

Seems like studying is Prez only talent. He seems even worse at singing than i thought.

If she uses her ditzy Astraea voice, she might be a great Fujiwara.

>She still doesn´t understand love yet
Not even after Fuji´s coaching?

I love this manga

That is actually kinda cute.

Jag if you're here can you notify us if the chapter is good once you read it?

It's a Fujiwara trains Shirogane chapter, so I'm sure it's good.

How come? Wasn't the last chapter supposed to be "part 1"? How is he already out of the mansion?

Just because it was a part 1 doesn't mean that the next chapter was going to be part 2, just that sometime it's gonna be a part 2 of that.

A part 2 of a chapter called Regarding Kaguya Shinomiya might be too heavy right now. Part 1 after all, threw us the bomb of how fucked up is Kaguya's family. Part 2 will probably delve deeper into that context and that may mean the manga is reaching it's middle part. I don't want it to end yet.

>It's basically the same idea as volleyball chapter
This manga is declining earlier than I thought

It's certainly at the middle right now

Blame the weekly releases. He seriously needs to take breaks more often.

Where'd you get the raws?

Korean scans are out.

yuncomics.com/archives/1780847
Literally fucking filler. And I was so excited for this.

Is there a bad character in this?

If you shits haven't noticed it by now, the mangaka wants shaft to animate it.

I'm really disappointed.

I can only think of the french vice president

I don't think you want to animate something this narration heavy.

And? If the author can't come up with new idea every week then he shouldn't take the offer to make this series weekly
Kaguya was doing fine when it's still on the monthly magazine, but now it just recycling idea every 10 chapters

One recycled idea every ten chapters is still 7-8 more new ones than you'd get in the same time span if it were monthly.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be. And this chapter is only this big of a letdown because of how good the last one was.

All I wanted was more love advice to keep the pattern going.

We often talk about certain shows, directors, or studios as saving anime. If this gets picked up, will it be the anime that saves Cred Forums?

Proof?

inb4 that's what Kagerou and Nisekoi creators said reeeeee

The author needs a way to get ideas from fans on a constant basis

Aka confirmed on twitter that this week's chapter actually takes place before the "visit arc" and next week's chapter will pick up where last week's left off.
So either there's something in this week's chapter he needs for next week and he could switch the order in the volume or something, or maybe he just thought he was spending too long on one arc for a relatively new comedy series and took a short break from it.

what a hack

I'm sure people tweet ideas at him or he can just look and see what people are saying online. There actually was a contest on Niconico a while back where fans could send in ideas, the winner was "listening to music with one pair of headphones" which gave us the shojo magazine chapter.

They'll fix it in the volume release, stop whining.

Thank fucking god. My heart is still broken but my hope has been restored.

>she doesnt understand love very well
>one of the protagonist
>no heroine like Fujiwara

She doesnt love the prez, is just her inmature mind glorifiying her first male friend in her life. Fujiwara will eventually start having a real romantic developing with Prez, and Kaguya will find herself no caring that much and end being confused on why she doenst seem that affected and ask herself "Do I really love Shirogane?"

>glorifying her first male friend
Shirogane wasn't friend first and then love interest later. She first wanted to make him confess, then started liking him for real, then it also became friendship, and that turned it into love. The series progressed much since it's beginning,

not before the author's previous work was adapted.

There are some unremarkable ones, but It's forgivable to think there aren't, specially after reading the one you posted, that one was just fucking perfect kinda described my hs experience to a t

It seriously isn't that bad. I just read the Korean translation. It does develop Shirogane and Fujiwara characters a bit and define their bond further. It might be a filter, but it is not pointless one.

She's like a praying mantis looking for a prey

nice boat