Macross

I think this show deserves one more thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11299519
strawpoll.me/11305142
strawpoll.me/11305669
youtube.com/watch?v=yJLby7Y7ZFY
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8bH2HWE40
youtube.com/watch?v=yY2jwnDyURo
mediafire.com/file/fe52ybgpd0x9gy6/keith 05.zip
strawpoll.me/11319200
youtube.com/watch?v=hYSx2wSbv_c
youtube.com/watch?v=016fCmJ6jAs
youtube.com/watch?v=bQyf9_4w6_4
youtube.com/watch?v=QkgJTgrdKMM
bilibili.com/video/av6396593/index_4.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2aExanGUxwY
youtube.com/watch?v=CcPpjCMRVqs
youtube.com/watch?v=hvOsLBbTmNM
youtube.com/watch?v=mip7Kx4o7Lw
karice.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/p303/#more-5081
youtube.com/watch?v=TFOOS9l9x6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So the whole Lady M thing is still bothering me. I know it's not plot relevant but still, why even tease a mystery character? Who do you think Lady M should have been? My bet was on best girl. Pic related.

I really hope the movies fix this pile of delta shit.

Worst Macross ever.

Second half was pretty underwhelming. Too many characters, too little screentime. Windniggers are terrible villians. The whole thing peaked out with Messer's death.

Meh-est ending to a Macross show.

>every girl besides Freyja turned out to be shit
Really makes you think.

I wanted herman to survive and he did i'm glad

Delta is shit
strawpoll.me/11299519
What were the things you liked about Delta?
strawpoll.me/11305142

freyja was pretty shit too

Why does Delta have so little songs compared to Frontier?

To be fair only a handful of Frontier's songs are any good and nearly all of them are Sheryl's. Ranka's got one good song at least.

Mirage wins in the movie

I remember when Cred Forums said Ranka's songs are better than Sheryl's back when it used to air.

Lady M is obviously Baba Michi

That's terrible!

I'd watch it

Speak for yourself.

>Calling Kaname shit
Fight me, faggot.

Are you kidding? 2 albums with 12 songs each. Exclude 1 version of Halation the War, DYRL (bonus track) and Wlkures Birthday song (not a real song). It's 21 songs total, definitely more than Frontier TV had.

Thankfully archives cover that period so it's easy to prove you wrong.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA
>AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AAAAAAAAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA

I wonder how they'll break tradition again. Maybe have a female MC pilot and have her lose the triangle. Mirage should have been that though.

>Mirage gets NTR'd in front of the entire galaxy
Holy shit

>Thankfully archives cover that period so it's easy to prove you wrong.
okay prove me wrong.

>Lady M is obviously Baba Michi
how could we have been so blind

Kinda amazing how the last third of the show was such a slog but the ending still managed to be rushed.

Mylene loses Gamlin and Basara to Basara's song

It actually has too many.

i didn't come on Cred Forums during Delta specifically because i hadn't watched any other Macross and didn't want to be ridiculed. now that the dust has settled, what did i miss out on by not having watched any other Macross?

Do you want me to repost all Frontier threads from archive?
Here, have one post as example:

You forgot to exclude the other verison of Ikenai Borderline.

Stop being retarded, you faggot.

Not much. A few pew pew pew and a bang bang bang.

The replies were 2 liking Ranka's better and 1 liking both.

the impression i get is that people who really liked the existing franchise were butthurt by Delta, so perhaps i was better off going in blind

WTF THAT WASN'T NO NYAN NYAN SERVICE, I WANTED SOMETHING LIKE NYAN NYAN SERVICE CMONNNN.

Still enjoyed it though, where the fuck is lady M though

>better off going in blind
That's always the better choice.

Second half was such a letdown

It's not one of the best. The second half is a big disappointment. I would rate it just ahead of Zero and II(if that counts). I still like Delta though.

>You forgot to exclude the other verison of Ikenai Borderline.
Album has only 1 version of Ikenai. It's still 21 songs against Frontier's 15 or something.

I haven't been on here since episode 21. Has those compilations of Freyja faces for every episode still been going and can I get the updated version?

II is kind of charming, even if a letdown. This scores below that.

Does anyone even care about the songs in Walkure Trap? Those are like the leftovers.

I mean I honestly hadn't seen anything besides Macross Plus and I think it was good besides near the end where everyone agrees it faltered.

My dude.

I think they didn't do a real reveal because Kawa Kawa doesn't want anyone to touch SDF characters

hand job

It's fine. I can't even bring myself to finish M7 despite having finished the others. You're not missing much.

Original+DYRL 9/10
7+OVAs 9/10
Frontier+movies 6/10
Zero 5/10
II 7/10
Delta 4/10

And then one of those responses got another reply liking Sheryl.
I just got the very first post from "Sheryl song better", there are a lot more. More than Ranka's. Search archives more. Sheryl's song were always dominating anons' hearts.

>7+OVA
>literally nothing happens for 20+ episodes
>better than Frontier, II and Delta

Wrong, Delta is the best by default because it looks the best. Couldn't even bother going past a couple episodes for the rest because they all look like dogshit.

No matter what one Macrossfag's opinion is worth, Delta is #3 in my books, even with it's issues

7 is my favorite, so that probably tells you all you need to know

+?

Why did they make it seem like Walkure can solve the VAR crisis? Basara could do the job better.

Forgot about that.
9/10

can only*

Delta is the only Macross I've watched so I actually enjoyed it for itself instead of autistically comparing it to other shows in the franchise. Feels good man

Because the others are busy jerking off lightyears away.

That's pretty wrong impression. Majority of complains are pretty generic and can be applied to any anime (pacing, plot, action), they have nothing to do with previous Macross series. So it's not like Delta ruins something established by previous series, it just doesn't do it on the same level. In fact some vocal shitposters were complaining that Delta was not like their Gundam and probably never saw any other Macross.

Good job you got spoiled and missed a better show.

Nothing folds can't fix.

>what is SoL

I'm going to rewatch Frontier, the best Macross, to wash this shit taste Delta has left in my mouth.

a shit

It's not the best Macross but it will still wash down the Delta taste.

I want Frontier babbies to leave. Best Macross and the only one that is actually good is SDF.

7 has Max and Gamlin who are enough to excuse all the bad episodes

>Rudanjal Rom Mayan
>Cred Forums gets collectively triggered

That's the wrong way to spell Plus.
Yes but fucking fuck 20 episodes of almost nothing except SONG.

>Frontier+movies 6/10
>II 7/10
Why would anyone want to hear rating of a person with no fucking taste?

SDF + DYRL : 9/10
II : 5/10
Plus : 7.5/10
Seven + OVAS : 8/10
Zero: 7.5/10
Frontier + Movies : 8/10
Delta: 5.5/10

I want SDF babbies to leave. Best Macross and the only that that is actually good is Zero.

Fucking 7 ruined the happy ending for Max.

>Delta looks better than Plus

I want Macross babbies to leave. Best Macross and the only that that is actually good is Mobile Suit Gundam.

SDF 8/10
DYRL 9/10
Plus 8/10
7 7/10
Zero 6/10
Frontier 8/10
Delta 7/10

That's my take on the series. I refuse to count II.

Do you consider II to be canon?

Which can be excused by 29 episodes of awesome after that, a passionate ending, a strong theme, and real direction.

Frontier was melodrama, Delta had no direction.

>a passionate ending
The singing to whales or moving the mountains?

Hi Tomino. G-reco sucks.
Yes but 20 EPISODES OF LISTENING TO FUCKING SONG IT DRIVES YOU SLIGHTLY INSANE.

SoL episodes are not nothing. Nothing is a useless powerpoint presentation episode.

Final battle power rankings:

1. DYRL
2. Seven
3. Frontier
4. Frontier movies
5. Dynamite Seven

*POWER GAP*

4. Zero
5. Plus
6. SDF (TV)

*POWER GAP*

7. II

*POWER GAP*

900. Delta

Delta was so fucking bad

even Nobunaga the Fool was more enjoyable

Someone needs to stop Kawamori

Both now that you mention it.

>Alto

Both are fantastic.

I only watched Delta. Who is the cute girl in the middle?

Yawwwn. I swear, M7 is the ZZ of Macrossfags.

>Is Delta shit?
>50/50
>same proportion we had of miragefags/freyjafags when Delta started
Coincidence? I don't think so.
Miragefags' butthurt is delicious.

It basically is.

Stop embarrassing yourself in every thread.

whats happening in this picture? Also poor Mirage, a victim to lazy writers

If you can't finish an anime then you can't give your shitty opinion on it

I'm pretty sure people who liked the macross franchise were open to delta.
it's the people who "totally loved macross before it was all idol shit, who only watched plus" who didn't give delta a chance. I really liked the first cour of delta, It had a few blunders but for the most part it was great. The second half was fucking terrible and could have been shortened to like four episodes.

Alto giving his uniform to Freyja.

How did they break free of Roid's control anyway?

The power of love? Is this the first Macross TV series where the enemy wasn't defeated by song?

>totally loved macross before it was all idol shit, who only watched plus"
How is that possible? One of the plus antagonists was an idol.

She's Sheryl and she's the best girl ever made for a Macross series.

Is there any chance we get a movie version of the 2nd cour that isn't shit and ends with Rune Ga Pikatto Hikattara and an Immelman Dance?

Well, Freyja was kinda singing while breaking free.

they'd have new songs written for any movies

>Is this the first Macross TV series where the enemy wasn't defeated by song?
But NUNS got totally rekt by it

Hayate is finished with dancing. He's a srs pilot now.

Thanks a bunch.

>embarrassing
Ha. I wasn't screaming about traditions and Ranka/Minmay parallels like a total idiot. Those people should feel embarrassed. And where do you think all those miragefags are now? They are here making 1 line posts telling how shit in their opinion Delta is.

As much as I like the song buffs, I think Delta would have been better if Hayate got good because of the beat or rhythm of a song. Like have him be a decent pilot but he would kick major ass in battroid mode like in episode 1-6. People said he should have gotten good, so it would have been funny if the way he trained was listening to Walkure songs while thinking up unpredictable battroid dance moves to match the songs.This would have benefited HayaFre too because this would remove all possibility of us going through that unecessary angst in the second cour. They didn't need to resonate anyways, their sweet chemistry and unmei was enough for me to like them.

All that being said, I still like Delta but it is disappointing.

It makes perfect sense no

And it was beautiful.

>Is this the first Macross TV series where the enemy wasn't defeated by song?
It's not like in SDF they defeated enemy with song only.

> PLANET DANCE > TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART > HOLY LONELY NIGHT

This is a definitive ranking.

Mikumo may have range, but Freyja sings better in all the songs. You can really hear the difference especially in Giraffe Blues and Ikenai Borderline.

Kaname-san's voice is the loveliest though. Very soothing and never fails to make me smile. I love Kaname-san.

*Hayate

I've seen people rationalize that because Sharon apple was a computer it doesn't really count as an idol.

Windermerians made a big mistake there. I wonder how they are going to defend their planet now without Mikumo.

How did fuck Herman survive? What kind of wizardry he did?

>old man
>has a family and mentions it
>mentor character

Where's my second album torrent?

So there was really nothing between Kaname and Arad?

I just hope the girls don't fade into obscurity. Mikumo and Freyja were way too good to let their talent go to waste.

Kaname was good too, but she didn't get enough chances to sing solo.

Titty mechanic and the androgynous one were shit though.

Chaos will help. Hayate promised Freyja that he will protect Windermere.

They had too many characters to give a shit.

She had feelings for him but fell out of love.

>Very soothing and never fails to make me smile

Strange, after listening to Axia I just wanted to lie down.

Junna should get that Animax endorsement like May'n.

Movie of continued Windy vs. Chaos war when?
It could wrap up:
>Lady M
>Kumo Kumo getting real emotions and experience into songs
>Bogue's defection to Chaos
>Solo Wing Mirage
>KanaArad/MessahKana
>Higher bodycount
>Create an actual Freyja/Mirage/Hayate love triangle with tension as Hayate finds out relationships with idols/windies are not what they are cracked up to be

you have it in reverse, kohai

Kawamori: As for the future, I still think the Valkyrie competition that had existed in the planning stage could still work. And maybe a work that focused on just one element out of combat, songs, and triangles.

Interviewer: It might be easier for the viewers to watch if they were separated.

Kawamori: And then there's the matter of what to do with the songs, how the meaning of songs should be built up. I can make something if I do the same thing as before, but there's a hurdle if I try something different. As long I'm able to find a clue how to do that, I think I can still further develop the Macross series.

However, I might not be able to portray valkyries the same way as now in several years. It's possible that that only drones will be used soon and there's the risk of it becoming unrealistic to use manned aircraft.

tldr; there may eventually be a Macross with ghosts only and no valks

How you recognize a winner. She laughs off at the scene instead of looking down.

Protect Windermere, not Heinz, Knights and their nationalistic ideology.

>implying

Basara was Roid's bitch in the Galaxy Network because only Freyja broke it off with her GENKI.

I don't see Minori lasting too long in this business. It's the fate of anyone involved with Kawafuckingmori.

Freyja BTFO Mikumo and Roid's Protoculture hax. She's more powerful than anyone, huh?

Nao Toyama (Reina) was already famous before Delta. Makimaki's actress is nearly a complete newbie, though.

By Valkyrie competition, does he mean like what was in Plus?

he means like flight highschool, kind of like the worst parts of Frontier

But she's such a good singer.

lmao get this shit taste out, either you're trying to hard or you are a nostalgia fag.

SDF isn't even close to being the best

You're retarded. You realize this show is a dramatization of real life events and is portraying the NUNS as one-dimensional and corrupted villains? NUNS lost any semblance of power when they exposed themselves as war criminals using that weaponry. That's why they decided they could chat now. Because Heinz is fully aware he has the higher ground.

Christ.

Someone stop that man.

It is, Frontier baby.

Girls und Valkyrie

>implying

get out of here millenial

You first, Frontier baby.

>solo wing mirage

this i want to see

>>winderemere plot with only 17 votes
The windniggers were a mistake.

Waifufags are a mistake. Windhaters would be all over the Knights if they had boobs. Just look at Grace's popularity and she's a generic one dimensional villain worse than the utsukushii Protodeviln.

Lady gaMlin, duh.

To be fair, it's not like anyone liked the Vajra or anti-UN either. Last likable antagonists were protodevln.

REMOVE WINDY

Go back to hell, NUNS.

strawpoll.me/11305669

I already explained about "dramatization" argument in previous thread. You must be the biggest retard in the world if you can't understand it.

>NUNS lost any semblance of power
Lost to whom? Windermerians exposed their crime in episode 15 and even protagonists didn't care about it much. Literally nothing changed since then.

Windies didn't even get UNDERSTANDING ending, yet windbags are still delusional and retarded as always.

>tfw have to choose between SDF and DYRL
It's not fair.

Keith was the second protagonist and did all the work in the last episode. If people gave a shit about him and the knights, perhaps the finale might have resonated more?

>NUNSfag is still alive
What did we do to deserve this.

Basara better appear in the movie and make the Windfags listen to his song.

user, are you over 35?

Rather than movie, I'd prefer a short series of OVAs like Dynamite. Windy definitely need some wrapping up, not just in terms of the kingdom's conflicts and how shota is going to negotiate shit, but also in terms of the individuals' issues. Bogue going from Shinn Asuka to 'b-betsuni it's not like I really wanna save you, baka!' in one damn scene is pretty crap. So something like Dynamite where we see bit of stuff in between the series that had him slowly change his mind would be cool.

I gave a shit about Keith and Roid, fuck you. I wish their sword fight in final episode was longer though.

miragefags BTFO

how can such a cute little girl be shit?

>no Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara
>no Ikenai Borderline
Come on, Satelight.

That was so weird
>let me get out of my seat for a sec--
>oh fuck i'm already stabbed

Then add your vote to the poll so you can bump the Windnigger plot up to 18 votes.

>mfw no my boyfriend is a pilot

yes sireee, I love retirement

He's not wrong though. I mean, it's not a Delta thing, it's not even a Macross thing. Or rather, it's a thing that happens to long running franchise with an established organisations in them. You see the same case with Gundam and the Earth Fed, where people are talking about them being incompetent and corrupted but then a new series happened and it's back to business to deal with a new conflict talking about bringing in change.

Unless you're just trolling/cheap baiting, people should learn to stop trying to bring an us vs them mentality as it makes the argument ridiculous. Just because he said something you disagreed with doesn't make him a (faction you don't like))fag.

You misunderstood. I liked the personal conflict between Keith, Roid, and Heinz. What I didn't care for all that much was war itself. It's like Plus but reversed, there I cared more bout the plane competition and X2 fight more than the actual characters, they were all unlikable cunts.

>we
Get back to your favourite anime forum, retard.

You're the only autist crying about NUNSfags in every single thread. Especially when no one even cares about NUNS that much. But it's final episode and windies got btfo as expected from bad guys.

One bomb wasn't enough for these Windy faggots.

Does Delta have the worst squad of pilots in the history of Macross? They didn't even really do much of anything aside from protect Walkure and they even fucked that up a few times.

The fucking episode ended with just the shota king saying he'll negotiate. The damn series ended with the main windy conflict still up in the air. So how does that constitute to Windy victory? Also, you should pick up a history book sometimes so you'll know that just because Windy didn't win doesn't mean the other party won. The NUNS got rekt hard, there's no denying, but at the same time the Windy aren't doing any better. If you genuinely consider that as defending NUNS, then you are retarded. And probably a shipperfag since you lot are myopic as fuck and can't discuss something more complex than a clear cut win or lose.

>windies got btfo
Nice fanfic, retard. Did you even watch the episode? The only one who got BTFO was Roid.

I don't remember the black fish guy doing anything. He should have been a bridge bunny or something,

>still up in the air.
The show made it clear that they are exhausted and defeated.

They don't have Roid, Keith and their mind control machine.

For every NUNS fleet they wipe out, ten more will take its place.

Yes, Keith is drinking tea with Heinz right now, oh wait...
Also did you miss the fact they lost control over sector, lost star singer and had to retreat to Windermere? They are back to where they were before episode 1 except Heinz can't sing for much longer.

He held crew parties in his restaurant.

Freyja best girl ever
Mirage is a cuck

What they could have done was get rid of Delta squad and make the Walkure the pilots instead.
That would have made everyone relevant.

Not eveyone has to be relevant. This meme has to die. Roy was irrelevant and got killed off by a cannon fodder meltran and we still thought he was cool.

>Roy was irrelevant
>mentor of the MC is irrelevant

What the fuck are you going on? I just told you to fuck off because you're cancer. I'm not even the user you were replying to, retard. But they already explained to you on the previous thread how moronic your arguments are and yet here you are acting like you hold all the chips. Like seriously, fuck off.

Except they don't want a war anymore. Again, retard, watch the episode.

He only mentored him about soldier morale and women. That's completely irrelevant to the plot with the Zentradi.

> I'm not even the user you were replying to
> already explained to you
Man, it sure is convenient that when it's people you don't agree with, it's suddenly all samefags, huh? Fucking hypocrite. How about you fuck off first, faggot. Go suck anti-crack kun's cock in the Madoka thread if you can't handle the idea that there are multiple people who don;t hold the same opinion as you. So fuck you, I wasn't even in the previous thread.

>what's going on this thread

If it was trying to be an idol show, it's critical for all the idols to be relevant and not reduced to shouting someone else's name.

Yes, which puts them back to it was before: aka not gaining any damn shit, still have shit lifespan and nothing to negotiate for better positions since they haven't got anything to bargain.

Lady M is Mirage from the future.

>Freyja laughing at HayaMira because she knows she's gonna win the Hayatebowl

Based Hoina

To be fair their ability to even wage war is gone and dead. No protoculture ruin means they have no power beyond their planet and a dead keith means no ace wiping out a fleet.

They have the fold quartz mines and the Galaxy is thirsty for fold tech.

WIND HEIL

>Except they don't want a war anymore.
And what exactly they will tell to the rest of the galaxy?
>Guys, we don't want war anymore, please don't attack us even thouh we are mostly defenceless. We promise to never use song weapons again! Honest honest!

And you're not replying to either, imbecile.

>they already explained to you on the previous thread how moronic your arguments are
Except it was the opposite, imbecile: . I don't see anyone disagreeing that using dramatization to prove that windies are good guys is evil is beyond retarded. It seems you're the only one who don't understand what canon means and why this explanation exists.

>mfw mirage lost while neurally linked with billions of people

Now then, who had the best singing voice in Macross, outside Mikumo who's objectively the best.

truly embarassing

Millions of young men are going to be clamoring at her door for the sloppy seconds.

Freyja

>he thinks "NUNSfags" posts are just one guy
kek. I'm the one who started it months ago but I barely use it anymore. Stay salty, NUNSfags posting is real.

Objectively correct, followed by Kaname.
The other two aren't really standouts.

Sheryl.

Nah, most of sheryls songs sounds samey. I dont even remember any of her movie songs.

Sheryl. She is even best girl in Macross.

>Dat rune licking

Still waiting on those cockpit sex doujins

>know remembering universial bunny

>series of OVAs, like Dynamite

I would defo be down for it. Hell, I'd even buy them

I'm talking about , the guy who uses word NUNShit, the guy who always mentions how everyone hates windies on animesuki. I'm pretty sure that's the same person. But if you're one of those you can kill yourself.

If I were the NUN, I'd use the opportunity to neutralize Windermere's military capability completely and make their situation even worse than when they were occupied.

And nobody else in the galaxy would mind.

No one from Delta, that's for sure. It's like they intentionally picked mediocre singers for everyone except Mikumo to make the Junna shilling even more apparent.

I use NUNShit from time to time but I'm not that guy or the animesuki guy, There's nothing wrong woth using NUNShit because NUNS is shit. I told you, it's not only one guy using NUNShit.

Why are you so triggered by NUNShit? Do yo ualso lost your shit when someone uses Windnigger or Fishnigger?

To be fair though, Nakajima barely held her own against May'n.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJLby7Y7ZFY
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8bH2HWE40
youtube.com/watch?v=yY2jwnDyURo

And then I realized my tired ass put Macross instead of delta.

SDF was a show about being peaceful with aliens. Roy, Kakizaki, the BBs were all relevant to nothing but Hikaru's fucked up love life.

>best girl ever
>needs a cuck to tell her to confess to actually do it

>so many typos
Please ignore them, it's late and I'm tired.

Sheryl, without fucking question.
Frontier is the best fucking girl.

honorable mention to aimo aimo

>SDF was a show about being peaceful with aliens with an important love triangle

HEART AND SOUL

HEART AND SOUUUUL

To be fair, nakajima is still a newfag when frontier started while may'n is already a pro. She got much better latter. Too bad she went to hiatus, really like her comfy voice.

Top 5 in my book:
1. Minmay
2. Mikumo
3. Basara
4. Sheryl
5. Freyja

Even with Walkure's songs being generally great, no song in Macross has topped Tenshi no Enogu for me.

I'm caught between Sheryl and Mikumo, since Sheryl has her own songs so there's more displaying of the singing, but Mikumo has points where she is able to sing idolshit and others where she can get a more mature voice without getting nasally like Sheryl gets.

>There are actually people who like Frontier more than 7

why is this allowed

Cute.

SILVA MOON
REDU MOON

The love triangle itself was irrelevant to the plot. It just so happens the 3 characters are relevant to the war but Minmay and Misa were more relevant than Hikaru.

I know right?

Generally stronger episodes that more the plot along faster maybe? Though not much harder with 25 or so episodes as opposed to 50

Meant for this.

I was really happy there was a cockpit finish in Delta

I actually forgot that was the original ending to SDF before it got extended into that crap third cour. Nice catch.

I think people just watch 7 too fast

They binge it because they see 50ish episodes, and get sick of it-- I'm rewatching it, pacing it at like, two or three episodes a week, and I'm getting really into it

Also, Gamlin and Mylene could give Hayate and Freyja a run for their purity money

>Why are you so triggered by NUNShit?
>implying
This word is often used by that retard and it's a pretty nice detector of his autistic posts. It's the same as ace combat shitposter who often uses word buddy, but obviously not every usage of this word is by ace combat shitposter.

so why DIDN'T Minmay and the Megaroad 1 crash from hyper space into Windermere, along with Max and the Battle 7,
that was LITERALLY the best possible outcome for the finale and they screwed the pooch.

Traditionfags need to just look a little harder, in my opinion

Speaking of, nobody seems to credit her singing. But hard to not be purest couple when you lose a triangle you were the center of.

There should have been multiple love triangles that intersect

Take your pills, buddy.

Too late

May'n followed by Minoringo. Fuck your ranges and other measurements. Minori's voice is cute and sweet.

>Also, Gamlin and Mylene could give Hayate and Freyja a run for their purity money

Yeah well Hayate and Freyja at least knew what they wanted. Gamlin is nice but Mylene a shit. A indecisive shit.

Because Minmay's dumbass conviced Misa to go into a black hole.

I think delta did well enough to resolve the kaname-arad-messer thing. They are considered to be one of the more mature characters, so there is no need for drama. A few nod here and there is enough.

Too pure to win each other

my absolute favorite macross song ever

The opening of it is just so catchy

Too bad it's so fucking short.

I would have preferred a little more of a conclusion, but maybe I'll see it when I rewatch Delta

What era of music would you say each singer/group kind of represented? And why was basara's power rock so strong

HayaFrefag here, they look really cute together. Why did Mylene like Basara again?

>And why was basara's power rock so strong?

Yoshiki Fukuyama. His voice can power the sun.

These threads are full of anons holding autistic grudges forever. Generals were a mistake.

Now I remember why I liked Hayate and Freyja in the first episode. I thought it was going to be like Gamlin and Mylene, with Basara as Mikumo.

>And why was basara's power rock so strong
ORE NO UTA O KIKE

Minmay, ranka, then freyja. Because fuck your powerful meme voice.

Can you blame them?

I think it's time to let it go.

BAKANA

Because POWER TO THE UNIVERSE, POWER TO THE DREAM

Is AKB0048 better than Delta?

But it's fun. Remember when the show BTFO the smug "Windies nuked themselves and Hayate's dad isn't the bomber" user? Good old days.

Yes.

Because
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Well, it was a fun ride. If not for the individual episodes, then for the threads and having a laugh at Mirage. Here's to the next Macross ~8 years from now. Hopefully Kawamori will listen to my idea about a hipster Zentran and a NUNS pilot who only listens to the classics.

More like JUMPING ON THE PLANET DANCE

>Implying you don't hold a grudge
Confess your sins.

Hopefully you will stop being a cancerous attention whore and drop the trip.

Not a Miragefag, but she got screwed over by the need for a love triangle. She could have been a cool character if she'd been used differently.

Mirage still gets to be Hayates dance partner.

Delta was 9/10 up to Messer's death. I still can't believe they managed to fuck up the rest so badly.

LET'S GO

This is fucking adorable.

might as well share it since i found it
is translator user dead too?

mediafire.com/file/fe52ybgpd0x9gy6/keith 05.zip

Will next Macross feature Windermerean characters

HAJIMARU ZEE SATURDAY NIGHT

No, translator user said that he's willing to translate the volumes if someone provides scans. He's a bro. You too user, thanks for the chapter.

I want to be crushed by May'n's thighs.

>best boy dies
>series goes to shit
Sounds familiar

They will be retconned out of existence.

Is it safe to go back to Macrossworld and Animesuki?

I totally forgot it. But I see your ass is still bleeding from that discussion.

>saviors of the galaxy
>retconnected
Good one. Freyja and Keith are heroes.

>and their mind control machine.
Did you watch the show? Heinz could sing from the comfort of Windermere, before the ruins stirred and got fuckers of another planet as his var slaves. That's how they took the cluster. This was before all the shit with Roid and his protoculture system. What got Freyja and Heinz to flake too was that shitty system, he was fine as she was fine before he turned it on. So now they can sing without putting their lives in danger.

And you're still ignoring NUNS used forbidden weapons and lied about it twice. You bet your ass a lot of colonies and planets want their shit gone now because they can't trust them.

KEITH MANGA #5

download while it's hot

Fuck off. You shouldn't have ever left those forums and come here in the first place.

Oh shit, I never even thought of that

We never saw Zolans again, so IDK

>pic
Which episode was that again?

I totally forgot that the Protoculture ship is the place he signed from, and it's fine. Only the Goatse was destroyed. So the Mind control is still alive.

I thought the windy stormtroopers were pretty cool

TASOGARE UTSUSU

Still so salty, I see. Thanks for another laugh, you're comedy gold.

>We never saw Zolans again, so IDK

Wrong. Klan and Michel were zolan/zent/human. Mirage's father is probably part zolan too (the pointier ears are a trait of zolans, zents ears are sharp but still human looking).

The one were Sivil possessed Akiko, 21 I think

gee i wonder what the nuns and the windies are going to do when heinz dies hahaha

>Saviors
More like fixers of their own mess

DICK IN A BOX

Find another singer.

>What got Freyja and Heinz to flake too was that shitty system, he was fine as she was fine before he turned it on. So now they can sing without putting their lives in danger.
No. There is no "Roid's protocol tire system". There are ruins. Singing to them was slowly killing Heinz from the very beginning. It just accelerated when he had to cover bigger areas (the whole cluster).

It's a good song.

Oh right, now I remember. 7 needs more Gamlin and Mylene moments.

>Zolan/Zent/Human
Did they have hairy arms?
IIRC, Klan was super super proud of being 100% Meltrandi master race, being born of them, etc
Also: Zent ears are pointy as fuck, I don't know what you're on about

End of Mirage's character arc
>"I think my flying skills are better now"
>I'm not actually going to demonstrate that by taking down any named enemy
>Flying space fighter jets is actually kinda fun
>Hayate I love you
>OK just ignore me, that's fine

That dance is just too cute

If the Protoculture is so great then why are they gone? :^)

Checkmate Windies.

>saving face
>on an anonymous imageboard

Mira Mira stepped up in the end
rewatch it, with subs if you have to you double nigger

Where did you find it?

weibo
google translate is your friend

>Christmas Cake

P O T T E R Y

It's not just that. There's a confirmation Windermere were indeed meant to lead the Galaxy into Protoculture's retarded MUH VAJRA future. In Windermere facts about their planet, it does say it's nearly impossible to attack after that fold barrier bullshit it has (super protection plot armor activated), and it's the richest place in fold quartz, rarest and most expensive material of the whole galaxy. Their people are short-lived but they are the strongest species (the lifespan was meant to balance they were OP). Berger and Epsilon will return business as usual now Roid is taken care of and he can provide Heinz his assistance. He just pulled out because Roid went insane.

I'll say Heinz is in a very comfortable place. He unmasked the NUNS carrying dimensional eaters and his brother died a hero (to make up for Roid). He can just dump any shady shit on "Roid was corrupted, we took care of him" and then make his demands. He even has proof because it was Roid who went behind his back and turned off any negotiation.

I think Delta will be the beginning of Anti NUN forces strongly forming in Macross. There was nothing wrong with Windermere complains to the corruption of NUNS, they just went with shitty methods to be listened. Now they have the attention of everyone and proof they were shit. I'm certainly not sure why people even think he's fucked when all Delta media is asslicking Windmemes and portraying NUNS as bad. Don't forget Macross media are all dramatization of war events in that universe and in those media, even Roid is portrayed better than that fucking NUN guy.

Are any of the macross games good? I played battlecry as a kid but that's related only in spirit.

Here comes another Hikaru/Misa/Minmay vs Hayate/Freyja/Mirage parallel

>Singing to them was slowly killing Heinz from the very beginning
He only began to flake when Roid activated the system. The same shit happened to Freyja. She only began to flake after she sang with system on.

What did humans did when Minmay disappeared? Singers are replaceable and even random country girls can overpower every singer in the galaxy it seems.

When it was revealed no one even remembered about those discussions. Only buttdevastated autists like you would still remember it.

Most of them are fantastic with Delta game also looking good. They make Battlecry look like shit.

Thanks.

Who are the planes going through the portal in the last scene of the last episode, the Drakens? Did Walkure and Delta platoon give a farewell concert to the Windermere army?

>I think Delta will be the beginning of Anti NUN forces strongly forming in Macross.
Sweet. So next Macross will have rogue windies, uncultured zents, and troublesome humans working against NUNS. Gonna be tough to try and fit idols into that kind of story.

If Macross 7 gave us Mylene, the product of Max and Milia. I want the next Macross to give us Messer Immelmann-Wion.

He started rapidly flaking when he tried to mind control whole sector instead of target usage. But it drained his life power even before that just not as much.

It's probably just the tip of the iceberg of people really annoyed with the NUNS and the Earth office. This shit began in 7 and has slowly snow falling into portraying NUNS more and more corrupted, incompetent or plain evil.

Whos funeral?

some episodes in 7 felt like filler which frontier had none. at some points I had no idea where the show was going.

overarcing theme was better, and the supplicanting OVA's were icing on the cake.

that being said, I like 7 too, just like frontier more.

The thing is we don't know exactly when Heinz started flaking, we only have confirmation of when Cassim and Freyja do. Cassim when Heinz sang using the protocolture ruins. And Freyja when she sang with the protocolture ruins in Windermere.

Heinz is a Wind Singer and his songs were very differently used from Freyja's (he used them to VAR and to make his voice reach accross the galaxy) so I guess he's a special case.

>He can just dump any shady shit on "Roid was corrupted, we took care of him" and then make his demands. He even has proof because it was Roid who went behind his back and turned off any negotiation.

This. He can just make his best pitiful face and everyone will believe him. Doctor-kun could even speak up Roid killed King Gramia. And even Var was Roid's idea. So it does seem like it was the crazy Prime Minister who was behind everything, manipulated the sickly king before killing him after taking the cluster and moved on the child prince he used as tool to make him his figurehead.

Meanwhile Keith died a Hero taking him and his system out, proving again they were against it and his squad saved Walkure under Heinz's commands. Kid got A++ marketing now thanks to Keith-niisan.

>Frontier
>No filler

P A N T S U
A
N
T
S
U

Messah-kun's

I really liked their armored car designs.

pls no thx.

>frontier had none
So Sheryl chasing her panties was important?

Throwback time

>these shitty cosplayers

Where is that said? He obviously started to flake when he was knocked out and Muslim people fell into coma. That's when the doctor also started to act weird and Roid had his remove. Look, there are three cases we've seen the windies flake before time, all after Roid turns on his system and fucks them over: Freyja, Cassim and Roid himself (in the last episode when he's connected to that shit).

Why are you assuming it was before this when the evidence in the show points the opposite?

Nonsense, that'll be the best time to include rogue underground rebel idols. You need MUSIC to boost the morale of the resistance army. There'll be singing battles with NUNS approved idols singing propaganda and the rebel idols singing of the TRUTH to sway the public's minds etc.

>We'll always be together
Fuck. I never asked for these feels.

>ancient reddit tier mammys

Delta was tragedy in disguise

She just has to wait a few years, and it looks like they continued working together afterwards. Freya's already on her way to being an old lady.

Either she moves on by then or picks up the pieces when Hayate loses Freyja.

>This. He can just make his best pitiful face and everyone will believe him. Doctor-kun could even speak up Roid killed King Gramia. And even Var was Roid's idea. So it does seem like it was the crazy Prime Minister who was behind everything, manipulated the sickly king before killing him after taking the cluster and moved on the child prince he used as tool to make him his figurehead.

This was probably the official story that Delta covered to fill in with characterisation.

Something about the windies getting off scot-free irks me, and it's funny because I didn't mind it when it happened with the Protodevlin and the Zentradi.

Are you suggesting this wasn't the single most important scene in all anime? What 2deep4u?

I hope she moves on, she should get better

We don't know if they did. War is still going, glassing can still happen

They aren't getting scot-free, you're just edgy to try to force more punishment when Heinz was probably the one who suffered the most through the show. As honor of having green hair (curse lives on). They were the main focus. All other races were portrayed as dumb losers. Look at the ones who shone the most. Keith and Freyja were both windies.

Nobody will recall Hayate as anything more than Freyja's BF. Keith was the hero, ace pilot (unmatched) and died a bravely for the sake of the Galaxy. Freyja as the singer who broke everyone off Protoculture's shitty Vajra transformation attempt when Sheryl, Ranka and Basara were useless.

I do, too. She needs better genes than Hayate's to continue on the Jenius line of pilots.

She can even help raise her husband's sons

Personally, I'm only annoyed with Bogue going from being a dick to a blushing tsundere and it's all daijobu in just one single scene. But yeah, I do get what you mean. The Zent worked since over the course of SDF you see some of them bumbling around being goofballs and being amazed with protoculture and then slowly changing their mind and questioning their culture.

>edgy
Man, this word is really getting more and more meaningless.

You're retarded. War isn't on, dumbfuck. Macross Delta is a tv show based on historical events. And NUNS were portrayed as cackling villains. Who do you think won?

Enjoy it while it last. She'll probably die in the movie.

>When it was revealed no one even remembered about those discussions.
Said no one ever, people remember the theories we have discussed during these months and how ridiculous and nonsensical some of them were and losers will be laughed at. At least have some dignity and take it like a champ like Miragefags are doing. You don't need to save face, this is an anonymous board.

I think it's not supposed to be sad. It's Hayate reaffirming Freyja that she will always be the one for him and he the one for her. Very bittersweet.

Don't be sad, user. Just enjoy that Hayate and Freyja met each other and fell in love. Fictional characters gain a type of immortality when their story ends. Just remember the good and happy times.

>being this concerned with the meta-canon of Macross

Freyja was singing to ruins in ep18 and she didn't get flakes. So it's not just system on/off, it's obviously depends on subject's starting age, duration and scale. Just like Roid got instaflaked in last episode after few minutes because he tried to connect the whole galaxy.
If Heinz sings from Windermere he will use significantly less of his power, but it will still contribute to his flaking.

>The Zent worked since over the course of SDF you see some of them bumbling around being goofballs and being amazed with protoculture and then slowly changing their mind and questioning their culture.
Bogue did the same shit, idiot. He got a deculture moment as did a lot of the Windies who were secretly watching Walkure when he caught them. He was always attracted to them but he hated to be honest because he was angry edgy teenager who was still hurt by his family loss. His balls finally dropped and he starts behaving like a man.

I'll give you it's more annoying he's spared while Qassim or Keith, two characters who do get more development and sympathy had to die. It's Seven all again.

>either you get Macross meta canon bitch fest or you get Gundam continuity/canon bitch fist
Anime fandom is a mistake.

>one scene

It happened over a few episodes, but very subtly

Wow, no wonder you're defending Bogue so much, you really are an edgy teen like him.

>This retard is still posting

>Freyja was singing to ruins in ep18 and she didn't get flakes.
She had her mind and will completely removed. When she sang and she had more control, she got the flakes.

>If Heinz sings from Windermere he will use significantly less of his power, but it will still contribute to his flaking.

There's absolutely no indication he was flaking before he passed out. The doctor even started to act different after that incident. He was probably worried that Roid would kill a second king.

I blame Kawamori.

I am happy that Freyja wion.
lel

>NUNSHITTER angry

I'm not even trying to save anything. I'm just contiuining triggering that retarded "NUNShit genocide" windfaggot because I'm pretty sure it's him. But if it wasn't his post then I might indeed look dumb.

>better be ready
>for all the crazy sex we'll be having
>because I want kids before I turn 16

I only disagree on Zero.

I'm already sad it's over
Even with it's problems, I don't think I ever walked away from an episode without a smile

>Hayate now has to travel back in time a year to do it.

>There's absolutely no indication he was flaking before he passed out.
Before that he didn't try to mind control whole sector, only certain small areas. For me it seems more logical that flaking is proportional to the output power of the song. But for now it seems there is no way to prove any of these theories.

Are you ?

Jesus, why are you so obsessed with "NUNShit genocide" guy? So many autistic grudges on these threads. Generals are cancer.

Just get a room with him already, you faggot.

guys the ending was so shit , i felt nothing special compared to the first episode

how can people enjoyed it ?

Wrong quote, I meant

We were in for the Freyja ship, and now thats sailed alls well with the world

Easy. Was in for the Hoina, the HayaFre, the Kumo and the music. Those 4 aspects did not disappoint.

Macross Delta is an ok anime and a terrible Macross anime.

>y-you mad? I'm totally not salty guys, it's him!
Quality posting here, as expected from our retarded resident shitposter.

Macross parallel hunting is kinda fun.

Came in for Mirage. Stayed for Hoina and Shinpi. Got Hoina and Shinpi at the end. Can't say that I'm complaining.

Came for dancing planes. Stayed for HayaFre, KumoKumo, Keith/Roid/Heinz triangle, and MUSIC. I liked it but I really wanted more dancing planes.

Please kill yourselves and stop acting like retarded kindergarten children.

>tfw freyja will never sing my boyfriend is a pilot

What was the point of Delta again?
That the younger girl CAN win?

That song is cursed. If she sings it, Hayate will leave her for Mirage without warning.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how perfect was Freyja?

Live life to the fullest. Also singing is powerful when you're in love apparently.

A perfect Gori Gori 10

If only the show did the same.

Soldiers are evil

Actually I was wondering about that, I was just waiting for it to come up, but then nothing.

Kaifun was Kawamori's self insert gone wrong.

Everyone was Kawa Kawa's insert in SDF

>tfw we were hyped for these outfits but never got them, got the skirt version instead

wasn't kaifun her cousin?

The only time I felt even the tiniest bit of anything was Keith and Roids final scene. Everything else was either so rushed or so by the book I couldn't bring myself to care. I wish Messer was here, he wouldn't have let this happen.

Yes

Minmay was his waifu.

Holy fuck just from these threads this ending is a shitfest. I still need to work out the mental fortitude to watch the last 3 episodes. I just want to know is this ending worse than Evol's?

They all resorted to talking shit about the show.

Keith and Roid felt very homo to me.

Vanilla doujins cannot possibly get here faster.

I-I didn't!

I don't even see why it had to be rushed. Episodes 19-21 could have been cut out. The trial could have been cut out. Berger could have cut out. The Megaroad mention could have cut out. Newtype space could have cut out.

Freyja won so that alone makes it better than Evol. Also Keith was Based. I could have watched a whole series with him flying his sweet Draken and doing space sword fights.

Is Delta that bad?

Look at the strawpolls.

It was moderately fun. I'd still pick Frontier, but no major complaints about Delta from me.

>I just want to know is this ending worse than Evol's?
Fuck no. Its more that the whole series just ended up being a big let down rather than outright god awful.

>not doing hime justice

Too small a picture you bastard.

The salt is real.

>I'd still pick Frontier
Honestly I thought Frontier was shit so that gives me a pretty good indication of wether I'll enjoy Delta. Fuck me, I wish they just told us what happened to the fucking Megaroad and be done with it.

By Windermerean standards, both of them should have been married 5 or so years ago.

This is made by the official designer of Delta.

Messer won the Kanamebowl officially. Go home Aradfags.

What is your favorite delta song?
strawpoll.me/11319200

>Mirage didn't start singing at the end
Blunder of the century
And if not cut out, all of that could have been condensed.

Pic related is case in point. NUNS lot a sizable force, yes. But the hard hitters are all intact. If NUNS ended up losing Battle Fleets, it would be a problem. The rest can be easily replaced.

Here, have a much better picture of Alto.

NSFW

They were. To each other.

>Alto-hime

>Macross will one day will be drones and automated Valkyries

Then it will stop being Macross. Completely. Part of Macross' charm is the pilots themselves interspersed within the conflict while attempting to reach newer heights in ability.

I honestly hope that he doesn't go that route. People yearn to fly be it in fiction or outside of it, and it's a nice personification to say that the sky connects us all. Removing that humanizing element would suck for Macross.

>yfw Mikumo lost her father figure

Now I feel sad.

Where is the NUNS guy?

Threadly reminder that Messer died for NOTHING.

Don't worry, Kawamori is a bigger planefag than most of us will ever be.
He loves dogfights too much to leave it to the drones.

Fucking Gross.

Would you a Sara-hime?

Oh that's fucked up.

Freyja Wion won so no. This ended better.

Fuck Yeah

yes.

Mylene looks pissed. Is she mad at Mirage for losing the Hayatebowl?

>Messer is dead for nothing
>Arad is basically useless
>no one will ever take Kaname to go bang in post-victory celebration

Wait for a movie Kaname-san. Give Mikumo a father.

Freyja Wion

Ghost Messer/Kaname doujin when?

My hype is OFF THE CHARTS.

VALKYRIES - Second Sortie - Tenjin Hidetaka's Art Works of Macross

&&

VALKYRIES - Third Sortie - Tenjin Hidetaka's Art Works of Macross

are both at my local post office pending pickup. Tomorrow is gonna be the best day ever.

In the evening, when I get back from work, I'll make a new thread and dump shots from Second Sortie, which will cover Zero & Frontier, and some shots from Third Sortie which will cover Frontier (movies) and Delta.

I could volunteer!

Would you watch a Macross with only Ghosts?

>most of Makina'a mech wizardry happened off camera

Don't worry, I still love you Maki-neesan!

Dumping to celebrate my hype.

NOPE. I love planes, dogfighting, and piloting. Hell, EVEN in Yukikaze, the AI that could everything was nowhere as entertaining to watch as watching the relationship between Yukikaze and Rei vs. JAM and everyone else.

Ghosts are cool and all, but they aren't human and seeing them die in droves isn't tragic; it's logistical. But seeing the loss of human life at scale due to a conflict is sad, it has consequence and meaning to the greater show.

Better than the Sara in Zero that's for sure.

>one more
Yes, then we kill it for good?

I can't be brought to care anymore. Ultimately it was a nice nod, nothing is going to come of it unless it's in a movie.

What's wrong is skirts? You get to see their legs.

Haha. Does that make hime have gap moe?

Honestly, they should have done some form of a cameo if they were going to make a nod like that. Kind of how Frontier did in the final movie by bringing ISAMU in for that one single line. That was fantastic, even with all the insanity and awesomeness going on during that entire moment.

I fully expect an OVA that wraps up her plotline, along with rei-rei/makina, and Mirage-san

>it would have removed angst
No only a writer can do that. With your senario, Freyja fucks up a verse and flubs the rhythm causing Hayate to fuck up and get shot down. He's fine but from now on Freyja doesn't want to sing and Hayate is recovering from injuries and getting chewed out for not flying 'like a real pilot'

See, that easy.

She's mad about being called an obasan.

>implying worst girl has best voice

Anybody got the final compilation of Hoina's faces?

>the show end
>no more hoina
>mo more gorigori
>no more runepika
>no more uhihihi
>no more Hayate's Freyjafagness
What should I fucking do with this loneliness ;_;, should I watch Macross 7 again?

protosavages destroyed protoculture

Watch all of Macross again, slowly, until Delta. Then go watch something else and wait 8 years till the next show.

Same user, ooh I like that. I really do. From that, Hayate could tell her he doesn't blame her and that the two should get better together. Then the HayaFre ship comes out stronger because of this newfound trust and devotion. I really hope we get a Delta movie.

Space muslim will be the final boss in the movie/s. Mark my words.

>everyone was looking for the wrong traditions
>delta conventions were going back to basic and were based off best Macross

Does anyone know what Freyja was saying during her small talk during the Walkure Trap's God Bless You song?

It's around the 1:31 mark.

Why Sheryl so perfect?

It sounds like he's worrying about Frodos for the wrong things.

>man face

No and I'm pretty sure Kawamori can find some way to make valkyries viable in the future. Maybe drones become illegal or unviable because hackers have become more advanced and shit. Not too hard.

>いひひ今日はぶっちゃあ嬉しかった
>皆と一緒にいられてだいすきの歌も歌えて
>こころの中がルンルンでピカピカでふわぁで風が吹いたみたいで
>それから,ううん〜 なんま [何でもない?] プレセントありがとう、今日も今までは一生の宝物!
>Uhihi today I has a lot of fun
>Together with everyone and sing the song I love
>Inside my heart is rune rune pika fuwa fuwa and vice versa like a wind blowing
>And.... Uh, it's nothing. Thanks for the present. Today is a one of a great memories in my life.
Look like she's talking to Hayate. Sorry about ESL.

Rita Ebasa's artstlye is great but Satelight ruined it with their fucking QUALITY.

Why is she such a oldhag? Complimenting her looks is the same as complimenting my mom.

Thanks man.

She still looks like a man even in promo art. I bet those are also quality.

>oldhag
the only old hag here is from windemere

Why do people bitch about Windermere/NUNS when this guy did worst than anyone and he got scottfree?

Because: She's crammed with so much sex appeal, you'd think she was the star of the galaxy's hottest porno. But she's deeply flawed while simultaneously brimming with confidence and raw talent that has been crafted over the course of well over a decade of performing and singing into something that can shake the galaxy.

She's:

>gorgeous
>haughty as fuck
>confident
>decisive
>has humility
>is well aware of her own mortality
>will pursue her dreams both in singing and in love to it's absolute fullest
>is more than willing to put money where her mouth is; this happens when she throws her insanely high access credit card at SMS and employs the entire paramilitary organization on her dime to do the work for searching for Macross Galaxy & making sure its fleets and ships are safe--which from an organization of the size of SMS must be costing insane amounts of money
>has TSUNDERE elements to her that aren't annoying
>her dere side is pretty endearing
>and she isn't submissive like a lot of other female love interests are

Oh and as a bonus

>is both a prince and a princess
>and likely prefers to be the prince, so that Alto-hime can be dressed up

She's basically everything you could possibly ever want from a woman physically, intellectually, and emotionally; all rolled up into one body without making her a sue archetype.

Or as other anons have said about Macross Frontier: a lightning in a bottle. A one in a near impossible chance of getting something right and succeeding on every front.

Because alto fucked off to other dimension and sheryls is either dead/coma/retired.

Post credits Sayonara no Tsubasa confirmed that Alto returned, Sheryl woke up & recovered to then have a final concert with Ranka after the events of that movie.

It look alright for me though.

Freyja's a cute cake, you fuck.

They couldn't show that onscreen? Oh come on, Kawakawa!

What did he do wrong, he just played both sides.
That's what shady arms dealers usually do.

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=hYSx2wSbv_c

What post credit? You mean ranka's narative? And the song in credit is just a song in the credit, it's like saying minmay is still alive and well (she might be) just because her song is played during ISIS powerpoint.

The fuck is wrong with that CGI? I would rather look at my own shit than that.

That's a pretty awesome shot. Ranka's surprisingly cute there.

Also that ridiculous hime.

It was a final send off to the series. Frankly the movie had a perfect ending, including that would have ruined the climax/resolution that currently exists. Finally, Kawakawa used money from the sales of Sayonara no Tsubasa to go all out in the post recovery concert. It's a full CGi segment. Admittedly, the looks/animations are hit or miss depending on your stance on CGi use. But the songs are fantastic and it's really good.

Yup. That's the one.

>hime in a cup

She's so fucking slutty.

is the single for love thunder out yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=016fCmJ6jAs

youtube.com/watch?v=bQyf9_4w6_4

youtube.com/watch?v=QkgJTgrdKMM

Public performances vs. private circumstances are different. To quote her.

What is this from? I don't remember this from the movie.

bilibili.com/video/av6396593/index_4.html
Or you can find the torrent from nyaa.

Yes. The song really is awesome. Freyja does backing vocals on it, but you can't hear her at all; because Mikumo's voice just dominates the song completely.

This one Sherylfag is really annoying.

Of course it does.
Because she has our hope and dreams

And I'm out. Look forward to Second & Third Sortie dumps in the evening.

Cred Forums or /m/?
/m/ is a mean place, so please do it here

Obelisk doesn't get the love it deserves. It's my favourite song from the films outside of SnT

youtube.com/watch?v=2aExanGUxwY

>Mirage didn't win
>Mirage wasn't even a contestant
>Mirage wasn't even a character
>Mirage wasn't anything but talking boobs
>Mirage wasn't the only one to suffer from utter irrelevancy
Why is this allowed?

Maybe from the bluray box set.
youtube.com/watch?v=CcPpjCMRVqs

Bring + and Zero down one and it's better.

So her existence is for the love triangle's sake but she can't even have a real competition. Delta have a most lopsided triangle.

>made me rewatch it
>that entire fight sequence where Alto transforms his VF-25F Messiah w/ Super pack
>into GER-WALK throughout multiple fights

My boner is folding into the next galaxy.

There are a ton of really really good songs in Frontier, in fact too many. Takes up like 5 gigs on my phone.

This is fucking cute. I hope we get similar art for Hayate and Freyja.

Zero g-love is shit. Only good songs from Minmay were DYRL and Silver moon.

Angels Paints is better than those two.

Music was pretty fucking good and I thought the CGI was decent.

Hats off Shery Nome.

Never have I seen a "contestant" in a MC bowl being treated as such a pointless afterthought and irrelevant character.

It felt like her entire character was meant to be a red-herring of flags that she was going to win.

>Older, higher ranked military officer
>Acts more mature, but has difficulty with love
>Spends a lot of time sulking about losing to someone else
>Last few episodes push rival to the front

The only thing she was missing was a black best friend to tell her how dense MC is and how she should share tea with him.

If only Chuck's sister made it off Ragna.

fuck, I'm a day late to say this but

ROID DID NOTHING WRONG

Special edition BD. It also shows that Alto returned from making love to the Vaj queen
There's so much Valkyrie porn in the films like Alto vs Brera in SnT. Durandal is too sexy, too bad we didn't get to see it in Delta

Sky falling/wedding is my kink.

The VF-30 Chronos and then VF-31 Seigfried are all based off of the VF-29 Durandal, unquestionably.

When we first saw it in action, I was floored.

>VF-29 Durandal
>4 Thermonuclear Turbine Engines
>BUT WAIT
>SUPER PACK ON TOP OF THAT

I think at that point, it basically became the fastest Valkyrie in all of Macross.

Why are these two perfect together?

HE MAKE MIKUMO CRIED HE DESERVED IT

That's what they call a cake.

I feel like Mylene's singing is underrated (both Tomo Sakurai and Chie Kajiura), but if I had to give it to anyone it would probably be Akino Arai and then Mari Iijima

They have a great chemistry,relationship and cute bantz. The perfect mix of cute, kind, selfless and caring for one another.

Mylene's singing is great but not suit her character. The duet with Minmay tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=hvOsLBbTmNM

>muh triangles
>muh SoL
>muh Sheryl

Yea, that duet is phenomenal. And let's not forget the ED

youtube.com/watch?v=mip7Kx4o7Lw

>no more muh kaze
>no more hoina
>no more bullying mirage-fags

How will I survive until the next Macross?

Go watch previous Macross series again and again or leak and read the old threads.
>no more bullying mirage-fags
You can do this everytime we have Macross thread.

I really need to watch SDF again

>Jenius couples simply don’t work out.

actual quote from Kawamori
From Sheryl ~Kiss in the Galaxy~ volume 4

But I don't want to bully Mirage. She was the biggest shipper of the show. She never really threatened the pairing, all she did was to help them get together.

there's only one person singing

R-really?

Delta doesn't have genius couple.

He said this??? Oh god, Mirage was fucked from the start.

Could you post the whole quote/interview? Can't seem to find it.

at least what it sounds to me

Ok I feel a little bad for her.

Before this thread dies, while I found it wholly predictable, Bogue saving Reina was pretty hype. I wish his tsundere attitude towards idols had been given more development.

>old threads

He's talking about this.
karice.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/p303/#more-5081

MY SIDES
>Everything else was either so rushed or so by the book I couldn't bring myself to care.

Exactly. It was like a mexican soap opera that kept being elongated for whatever reason just to end all the problems in the last chapter.

E. g. Look at the valyries with that equipment! Dogfights fuck yeah! here they g... wait, that was IT?

Holyshit this guy.

We're getting close to the last page. I suppose we should make this the last general I guess.

sayonara user, it was fun while it lasted. Your waifu a cute.

Moving on, how about Klan and Michel?

With regards to these two, I feel like they wouldn’t get married. In Macross 7, Max and Milia—the genius couple from SDFM who had gotten married—had separated even though they’d had seven children together. Genius couples simply don’t work out. Besides, I feel like Klan would be unable to bear Michel’s unfaithfulness.

If they did get married, it’d be a shotgun marriage. But Michel treats Klan like a treasure that he should not tarnish. It’s something of a dangerous road (for the two of them).

Damn, I will miss you guy here.;_; See you next Macross if the franchise still alive.

What I was actually kind of expecting out of Kawamori was for Freyja to confess to Mirage, but he didn't pull the madman and took the safe predictable route that went against the expectations set by SDF and Frontier.

See ya all in the next Kawamori project. It was a fun ride with Delta. I will miss these threads.

See you fellow Freyja bros again in 3 years. It has been fun.

I wish we could talk about our girl winning in next 8 years.

I like how Hayate confessed to Freyja before noticing her hand. It was a true love confession and not one of pity.

I'm gonna post the most appropriate way to close out a Macross thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFOOS9l9x6Q

See you on the flip side, m/a/cross

Yeah, and he doesn't need someone who push him to confessed. That's my boi.

>Runner
It's time to watch SDF again.

what is a clover rune?

The Hoina will die in the movie.

She was my initial favorite Walküre when she went Ryuusei over the Destroids. I was encouraged when Google translated her seiyuu's tweets about her building VF models so she can get a feel for Makina's character. I spent the time between 0.89 and the proper ep 1 thinking she'd be the type of mechanic to give sass to the pilots for messing up her Siegys, and especially give Hayate a hard time like Kid gave Garrod in Gundam X.

Well, I can at least appreciate the booby prize.

It was criminal that this outfit was only used in one episode.

STAY SALTY