Violet Evergarden - Kyoto Animation

youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
Violet Evergarden is very close to the 1 million views milestone.

Do you think this is going to be Kyoani's magnus opus? Is VEG the series that will return Kyoani to their golden years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0dwSopFtQaE).
youtube.com/watch?v=qF7ZMou6TdI
youtube.com/watch?v=7uEb0FMj35g
youtu.be/e-QFj59PON4?t=48
youtu.be/e-QFj59PON4?t=61
youtu.be/e-QFj59PON4?t=80
youtube.com/watch?v=aNQvLECht08
youtube.com/watch?v=q_RPZcSZWJo
youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA
pastebin.com/1bXqCLPt
youtube.com/watch?v=hrCNsbREoSs
youtube.com/watch?v=UxYa5WLRZ5M
lineblog.me/yamamotoyutaka/archives/11168962.html
lineblog.me/yamamotoyutaka/archives/11225023.html
twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/771149594109612032
twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/715397040822292480
youtube.com/watch?v=fvcI8TFCifg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ity1F7zvLUE
youtube.com/watch?v=dTOfz2Xybpw
youtube.com/watch?v=nWzUh717mNY
pastebin.com/ba1bpyag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, I don't think it'll be very good.

>Not even while being a machine girl can she be left with wet clothes. As a change of clothes was necessary, she lay a bathrobe around her supposedly perfect body and headed for the bathroom. It had been a while since anyone other than Oscar regularly used it, so in a lapse of memory, he entered it without knocking and ended up seeing her while she was had not changed yet.

>“Ah, I’m sor… ry… eh?”

>He swallowed his breath due to perplexity.

>“EEEH?!”

>What was reflected in Oscar’s eyes was a sight more bewitchingly beautiful than any naked woman. Dripping golden hair. Beautiful blue orbs of a dimension that would not soften even within a painting. The finely-shaped lips just below them. A flesh body with a slender neck, an outstanding collarbone, plump breasts, and feminine curves.

Not with tasteless cliched shit like this, no.

What's the tone of the novels?

The source material is pretty good. I'm more hyped for it than Hibike.

>an outstanding collarbone

I would've agreed with you, but when collarbones are in the game (and KyoAni will surely be paying the usual great attention to them), I have hope.

I'm really excited to post in this thread. I hope one of you will reply in this post because it makes me feel like I'm getting attention. But if you don't reply to this post, then that is fine. I'm excited from the mere possibility that someone might reply to this post.

Goddamnit I waiting until exactly 1M views before making a thread and you just went and made it. My autism is triggered.

Anyway, with chapter 1 translations online we can already decipher the earlier parts of the trailer. The document Violet is typing at the start of the video is the manuscript for Oscar's story (about his daughter and the promise of the autumn lake), then of course there's the dress show-off scene by the lake.

I've ordered the novel via a proxy, by the way, it should arrive at mid-October. I'm really looking forward to it.

I just get on the boat recently, where can I read the first chapter?

Do replies like this count, faggy boy? What were you even thinking "hurr I am excite becus people will reply to me and it means that I'm getting attention.." WHY?

I was thinking about only reading this post but in the end I replied.

Yes. The novel is great and if anything, i am already eager waing for volume 2 and Season 2 of anime, because first season would be just a teaser for the appetite.

However, with story being this good, i have slight doubts that KyoAni could adapt it properly. If for example they go KnK route and make the story milder or cut questionable content.

For example already first story, aside the tragic backstory of the character features MC that is drug addict and alcoholic, and ends with him wishing commit suicide (this particular scene youtube.com/watch?v=0dwSopFtQaE). Fourth story has to do with nichilist criminal prisoner motivating his ideology masterfully and fifth about war including attempted rape and Violet murdering people.

>drug addict
That'll be tough to get past the censors alright.

Chances from story to story, and having unexpected tweests within the stories too.

Also depends on how KyoAni will adapt it and what focus on - for example first one can be interpreted in entirely different keys: from crushing tragedy, to melancholic healing with a tweest.

>novel is great
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The first story can easily cut the drug addict part out without damaging the narrative. I don't even recall any mention of drugs, only a severe case of alcoholism that permanently damaged Oscar.

And Kyoani has shown that they're more than capable of preserving the original material by Hibike! Euphonium, Hyouka and Koe no Katachi.

Its kinda critical for the plot though, since its the reason why he needed a secretary typewriter in first place. Though they can replace it with being alcoholic or just poor health.

The "drug" factor is only relevant to show that during past years he degraded to lazy useless being bathing in self pity and was living alone doing nothing, drinking, taking drugs and just wasting his remaining fortune - so when he recieved a job task, he was unable to concentrate and actually type himself, so needed a help.

The best one since Humanity has Declined

But Shinkai has already utterly destroyed them

Damn, please use the fucking spoiler tag Novelfags.

The attempted rape and murder will probably be the trickiest part to adapt.

Kyoani truly is a one trick pony. At least it's a nice trick though.

KyoAni adapted horse giving births. Theres nothing beyound them.

>comparing birth to murder and sexual assault

It's all part of the circle of life, what's the matter?

Both are much more common in anime than live birth

What's it about, goddammit? Am I going to cry while watching it?

>Bishounens and a qt FeMC
Yay!

There's literally nothing wrong with sexual assault.

Is KyoAni the most daring studio?

You're cute

>tfw Violet Evergarden launches a revolution in waifubots
>tfw your Kyoani waifubot will become real

Is that Saber?

KnK OAV and movie had gory deaths and horror elements. I see no problem. Even though proper last proper violence was in FMP

Especially if target is a sexbot.

No, she's not that small-chested whore-king

And my only problem is her huge ass axe. Something doesn't feel right.

Don't even compare takeuchi's shit art to Violet.

Funnily Ishidate said he doesn't like horror.

>there are people on this board right now. RIGHT NOW who don't remember when this board had a giant collective boner for the Kyoukai no Kanata CM

"Why won't KyoAni make this?"
we asked
"If KyoAni made this into an anime, it would be amazing"
we said

Apparently she's just a really autistic amputee, not a robot.

But she is partly robot. That huge axe shouldn't be difficult to handle with her robotic arm.

And then Kyoukai no Kanata turned out to be as great as everyone expected

>And my only problem is her huge ass axe. Something doesn't feel right.
Before the events of begining of novel/anime, she took part in war (will be the last part of anime, but first chronologically), having super strengths, reaction and speed the weapon suits her. (also she wasnt made for war, but then again we still dont know what she really is until vol.2)

That just means he`s great at horror, since he can feel it and be scared rather than see it as gory fanservice.

> Implying the final product was similar to the first PV.

That was just misleading advertising, KnK was the same pink sheep with a wolf mask.

When is hyouka s2?

At that point Cred Forums knew nothing about the LN, and the LN PV looked great. Too bad they toned down the story a LOT for TV series (also leaving the proper mood in OAV and Movie), rewritten it strongly too (also original LN apart being ok horror was shit).

Overall however, as whole product - KnK is amazing, once you watched it all: oav and movie and fully understand what was going on and why. However it has objective downsides due to being rewriten wich occasional plot holes and asspulls - but neverless from character and directional standpoint, it was really good and had impact (sadly you have to watch it fully to understand, and TV series does not the best job keeping viewer - it becomes impactfull only when it all comes together and you see all events in different light)

He's pretty good at horror shots. Takemoto, Kawanami, and Yamamura are too, and I bet one of them will handle the war episoe.

>mfw Monogatari killer

We dont know what she is. She was found by Gilbert dozen years ago during war, but we dont know her origin.

She certainly isnt "human" though considering:
she doesnt need to breath
she doesnt age
superhuman power, speed and reaction

>she doesnt need to breath
>she doesnt age
>superhuman power
She might as well be a robot then.

I had a boner for KnK ever since then. Mirai was (and she still is) fucking cute. Her design at the time hit all of the spots.

But once I saw the anime, I fell in love with the smoking pipe youmu instead.. God damn it, KyoAni.

It did indeed kill Monogatari. Its sales plummeled, and Nishio went and abandoned it and started writing Okitegami-Kyoko-chan which is based on Mirai.

Wew

The issue is, their world technology is not really that advanced to be able to make androids like that. If she`s an android, she is far ahead of their time and made by some genius.

Plus its not just robotics, she has perfect "human" like body (well, had. Her hands are replaced by the robotic ones now and you can see the limitation of their tech - since its just normal metal stuff)

She looks like she loves black cock

Oversized Axe as her main weapon is so fucking shit.

Despite how PW shows here, she is not nuble doll, but actually has a temperament.

It utilizes her advantage in power. What would be the point of robotic strength if you just use firearms, unless you carry portable cannon?

can someone tldr the story for someone who has a headache? pls?

She could use that axe even before she had robo arms.

>El proiecto del anime is en las obras

Kek.

Kyoukai no Kanata is terrible, everything considered.

I know its just a PV but the budget looks fucking huge with this.

Also a drama fantasy show will be a nice change for Godani.

Most hyped since FREE.

A woman helps people in needs.
And then write letters for them, or something like that.

Kyoukai no Kanata was a drama fantasy

Kumiko has to be the cutest from out of that roster.

Also, Kanie > Haruhiko.

>watch video
>subs are on automatically
>it's in English
so will this be the top priority for kyoani from now on?

Bantender, but with KyoAni's Midas touch.

The story synopsis is actually a bait by author, dont trust it

I say it's more like Mushishi, but with a combat-capable blonde girl MC, and a Sora no Woto setting.

Too bad for you being unable to enjoy one of the best anime stories.

youtube.com/watch?v=qF7ZMou6TdI

who gives a fuck about youtube views? Certainely not the Japanese.

we need a bulwark against /u/ scum

Its actually not anime PV, but promo for LN.

They decided to make anime already, but according to lastest Ishidate interview didnt even decide yet if it`ll be TV show or a movie, so it didnt even enter proper production yet. So soonest we`ll see it is Spring 2017 at best.

This better not be yuri.

Tomoyo anime finally

As someone in the previous thread mentioned - the nearest to describe its plot would be Shigofumi

youtube.com/watch?v=7uEb0FMj35g

My personal comparison though, because of the way the world is introduced and focus is not on main character would be Humanity has declined

Do you actually think this is one of the best anime stories? It's borderline worthless.

>Hibikek 2 soon
>this sometime after(?)
Thank you, GodAni.

KnK has the best transition of facial expressions in any KyoAnime. Say what you want about the TV series but the movie is one of their best works.

>contrast amped up to eleven
>blur and chromatic aberration up the ass

I still love KyoAni.

>This better not be yuri.
MC is surrounded by bishies mayne.

They're bringing kino into animation.

will we ever get that kind of animation for hentai?
just imagine a guy blowing a load on a girls face then slows down and shows the cum in full glory

I really like the design of everyone, the colors too looks so soft.

If I remember correctly this anime ended up sucking big time for some reason.

The range of emotion in that movie is horrible. I can't stand looking at both leads making sad/crying faces the entire time.

Stories 1 - drug addict bishi writer
Story 3 - bishi soldier buddies
Story 4- bishi villain prisoner
Story 5 - bishi scientiests archeologists
Story 6 - bishi soldier that becomes her owner

Story two has milf and daugther though.

>Kyoani will never bless us with godtier animated hentai

>The range of emotion in that movie is horrible. I can't stand looking at both leads making sad/crying faces the entire time.
There is other anime for those with autism, without difficult for them expression of emotions and requirements for empathy

You sound like an autist

Is this autism?

I feel like that oversized axe is going to be this show's biggest fuck up.

Post all the bishies involved in Violet's life.

I hate that manga. He still looks like an ugly boy when he's a girl

How else would she be able to kill servants?

A giant great axe is a nice change of pace actually

Call shiki

The only ikemen is the top left. The rest looks like your generic beta harem MCs.

bottom left is Lelouche though

Do you suck dick?

I'm pretty sure something like this has been done before, but badly.

What I want is a blend of Shinbo's style (you know these shots where the focus is strictly on Araragi, and they show his panicked/excited/etc. expression?) and KyoAni's character animation and general animaton style, all to the tune of "Thus Spoke Zatathustra"

youtu.be/e-QFj59PON4?t=48

Imagine the drum part starting, with the penis starting to twitch more than it already does, and as the crescendo begins, a slight bulge starts appearing from upper scrotum, slowly making its' way through the urethra.).

The MC spazzes a bit, and he shoots the semen out
>youtu.be/e-QFj59PON4?t=61

Several close-ups are made, showing the sunset in the background making its' way through the semen (here KyoAni's blur and bloom have to be involved heavily). Hell, there can even be close-up so close, each individual spermatozoa can be seen.

>youtu.be/e-QFj59PON4?t=80
hits, and the semen majestically makes its' arrival at the unfortunate woman's face, all splashing around; hitting her eyes and nose.

Have a (You) for effort

wat

>Do you suck dick?
No but your mom sucks mine.

nah, I don't see it

>tfw I actually read all of that
here's a (You)

I have two fathers though.

I'm ESL, I tried.

This is the dumbest thing I will read all day.

European themed anime fanatasy worlds don't have niggers in it unlike Jewllywood.

You watch too much BLACKED my man

Post his whole character design so I could give my final verdict.

>pic related is the top left
An Ikemen who doesn't look like a feminine faggot.

Chad/10.

Doesn't look like an ikemen to me; just a guy who's probably had enough of war.

>The source material is pretty good. I'm more hyped for it than Hibike.

Like this? It's fucking disgusting.

Is the background music have english lyrics on it?

I can't tell because Jap english is barely understandable.

Would deploy in Valkyria Chronicles.

Do you have autism?

How about read the fucking chapter to know the context of it.

Maybe because he looks mature and a bit older than your average ikemen fuccbois that you usually see in shoujo manga and you're just not used to it.

I'll read it. And I guarantee you the chapter and the rest of the volume will be full of exact same clichés and cookie cutter situations and dialogues than every single LN out there.

>replying to that seriously
You realise it's baity mock outrage right? My guess is user saw one or two people bring it up after the translation was linked, and has now latched onto it as shitpost material even though no-one who's read it cares

Bait or not, he's usually right about people vouching for LNs that are shit.
Remember anti-magic academy? Or shield bro?

He's the one who gave the pendant that Violet bit.

>dropping spaghetti in front of a robot who looks like a woman
Confirmed for shit writing.

Why did she bite it?

She's not a robot though which is actually the point of the scene.

>[...] Dr. Orlando built the first Auto-Memories Doll.
>It was meant for registering everything said by a human voice – in other words, a machine that served as a ‘secretary’.
And of course it had to be humanoïd. It had to be fuckable. Otherwise there's no point.

She's not actually a robot you morons

No, the pendant was with her when he first found her. Also he doesnt really threat her like a human and is cold to her mostly.

see She is is not a "robot" that their current science can build. She is certainly not human though.

>she's not a robot! She's an android!

This is literally the exact same scene where Kanye meets Sento at the start.

So Violet threatens Oscar with a gun at school?

To test if it's real diamond. She probably can't feel it with her hands, them being robotic and all.

Don't worry about it, they'll find a way.

No, with a battleaxe

Makes sense. When you think about it, probably all of our future technology will double as a robot companion. Might as well add a pussy to your computer for convenience sake

>also he doesnt really threat her like a human and is cold to her mostly.
And men like that often win FeMC bowl in the end.

Why everyone hates the huge axe? I think it's pretty cool. A beautiful woman using something not fitting to her.
Is like Midori with her big violin.

>She probably can't feel it with her hands, them being robotic and all.
Look at the image posted on OP again.

Show me one KyoAnus related video with more views than this:
youtube.com/watch?v=aNQvLECht08

MANIME always wins baby and don't you forget.

BOOYAH

>"I’ve come here to be Master’s assistant. I shall work to please you so that I will not stain the name of Auto-Memories Dolls. Please, use me as you will."

Easy.

Lucky Star > Gurren Trash

>walks in on a changing girl
Top tier writing right here.

I want to show midori my big violin!

Yamakan is fucking genius. Why did he had to leave and commit suicide?

Manihomos blown the fuck out

He touched Yamada in places he's not supposed to

The doujins will come out before the show even airs.

The only mechanical part of Violet's body is her hands.

How big is the hentai industry in Japan anyway?

I thought this guy died even before the show starts about Violet helping different households and stuff?

>The only mechanical part of Violet's body is her hands.
Yeah, by that logic Isla is totally human too. Outer appearnce is all that matters after all. Nevermind superhuman strength, not aging, not needing to breath, being robotic laws programmed into your head.

Events with him happen before the first stories of anime, but presented as last. He isnt dead though, he "rents" her to the company.

Aira is dead

>Violet helping different households and stuff?
So it's episodic? A bit like Dantalian?

Might not be that bad actually.

>He isnt dead though, he "rents" her
For what purpose? The war is already over.

>normies will like it
>Cred Forums elitist will hate it
Will Kyoani finds a way?

To earn money? She works as secretary/assistant in agency hiring a skilled females that can "solve problems"/act as secretary/assistants. The others working there are actually human.

His war friend also wants to buy her from him, but he refuses.

She wasnt created for war though. She just happened to take part in it, since was found by a soldier and had to fight first to protect her life, and then along him during war. Her real origin is unknown.

Might has to do with ancient technologies researched in Story 4, but thats just speculation.

KYOANI FINDS A WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Also how have so many people read it did someone release a TL?

So which guy is going to win the VioletBowl?

>Inb4 no romance yet
>yet
There's a huge possibilty that it will have in later volumes since the author is a woman.

youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA

>43+ Million views

I'm impressed.

Pure kino condensed into anime form

Just like Koe no Katachi.

It's because of that fucking riff

Only first chapter is translated. Some people already had read it, and the spoilers in pastebin.com/1bXqCLPt are generally correct.

I hope Yamakan doesnt commit suicide in comming days, and make a comeback with another masterpiece.

I don't like Haruhi anymore, but even after like a decade I love the concert.

>posting inferior version
youtube.com/watch?v=hrCNsbREoSs

I just want a heated love triangle with Hodgins and Gilbert, like I thought it would be when I saw the first promotional image

The last interview with Ishidate was published 31th august. Anime IS in work,however they at that point didnt decide if it`ll be TV or movie.

That's a commercial for the LN. There's no anime preview yet.

>mfw being on Cred Forums the week Live Alive aired

Truly the best of times

Why cant Americans into anime dubs?

youtube.com/watch?v=UxYa5WLRZ5M

Why is everyone worried about him committing suicide? What happened?
A far as I know, the guy can fail as horrible as possible and yet he will eventually rise again with another masterpiece.

He got kicked from Ordet and WUG management. 2ch speculates about some bad rumors about him again. He blames entertaining industry for dirty bussiness. Gives interviews about death of anime again. Blogposts every 2 hours, and writes about how he sits at night rewatching WUG and crying

>So which guy is going to win the VioletBowl?
>inb4 he's just a ((((father))) figure to Violet
I saw that shit once where the guy is masking his true feelings towards FeMC by saying he only see her as his daughter because he can't accept the fact that he's in love with her.

complaining about 2ch for 100th time
lineblog.me/yamamotoyutaka/archives/11225023.html
telling he retired from entertainment industry for good for 10000th time

and so on. He is really attentionwhoring right now.

>I saw that shit once where the guy is masking his true feelings towards FeMC by saying he only see her as his daughter because he can't accept the fact that he's in love with her.
he doesnt see her as his daugther though. He sees her as an cold machine and seen her in action more than anyone. He cares about her, but at same time dislikes.

>He got kicked from Ordet and WUG management.
Fuck, I really liked what he did with WUG. The thing that made it fail was the QUALITY throughout the TV anime. You can see how thing would have been different if the animation wasn't horrible. Take the movie, for example, it wasn't a masterpiece, but it was pretty good.
For fuck sake, Yamakan, get your shit together, control your dick and save anime for real this time.

The best you can get right now is unofficial fan works, I'm afraid.

I loved WUG as well. Yamakan promised before he`ll adapt WUGs whole lifespan - from creation to desolution, but now it seems it`ll not happen.

Then again, he probably got kicked for molesting underage idols since since the WUG movie was just touring with them as their manager.

Sekuhara Yamakan strikes again

Yamakan will never amount to anything because he's a perpetual teenager who only thinks with his dick.

Miku did that way earlier.

>The only mechanical part of Violet's body is her hands.
>Kyoto Animation describes the story:

Auto Memories Doll.
It's been quite a while since that name caused a fuss. Originally invented by Professor Orland solely for his beloved wife, Auto Memories Dolls eventually spread out into the world, and a machine that allows people to rent out the dolls was also created.

"I will run as fast as I can to wherever my customer desires. I am the Auto Memories Doll, Violet Evergarden."

A girl who almost appears to have popped out of a fairy tale with her blonde hair and blue eyes said this with her inorganic beauty and sweet voice.

It's a robot/android/mechanical doll/mecha-homunculus or whatever the fuck it is, but not human.

Thanks for correcting me, I haven't read the LN yet and my only knowledge about Violet Evergarden is Cred Forums threads. I remember reading the post of some user who mentioned that Gilbert is like father figure to Violet something along those lines.

>He cares about her
That's enough for now to ship him and Violet.

>Then again, he probably got kicked for molesting underage idols since since the WUG movie was just touring with them as their manager.

I think the guy is just unlucky or just doesn't know how to select the right people for his projects.
I'm pretty sure a lot people who manage idols have some kind of sexual relationship with them, especially when many of them are talentless and just have a pretty face.

When is it scheduled to air?

I don't think it has been even announced yet.

Most likely summer 2017 or even autumn 2017

Keep this shit away from me.

The interview seems to have been conducted in March.
KyoAni probably already decided what the anime was going to be by they time ANN published the interview.
twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/771149594109612032
twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/715397040822292480

>i am already eagerly waiting for Season 2 of an anime that's not aired yet

No. Yamakan agrees Russia > Japan

This is according to his blog what perfect kino anime should look like
youtube.com/watch?v=fvcI8TFCifg

half human, half android ?

So is this a reverse harem with a robot girl MC?

No. The robot girl isnt even an MC.

You mean a cyborg?

A sexbot. You need this so subhuman otakus buy your novel.

>magnus opus
Kyoanifags, everyone.

Kill yourself.

The novels got translated?

Nah, Yamakan worked at KyoAni, litterally the place with the best place to provide him with the ressource to make whatever awesome anime he wanted. He already had the best luck an aspiring director could have.

He went off to do things on his own, completely failing to prove his mettle through sheer incompetence, while Naoko Yamada became more successful than he will ever be.

Yamakan is all talk, even when he had his own team the only thing he managed to create was the abomination that was WUG.

I don't see the problem, sperg.

I'm sure you don't.

>in an alternate universe, Yamakan became successful
>Yamada wouldn't have prospered

It's ``magnum'', shitlord.

>it's ice cream
Fuck off, fatass.

Nah. He got kicked from KyoAni, but that doesnt make him less talented - he proved that enougth with his work in KyoAni that to this day counts as one of their best moments.

His issue is his ego and constant need to shit talke - 2ch compiles lists of him badmouthing every single director, person and product in the industry: no one but his personal friends get spared.

Despite constantly getting negative publicity though - he`s not just a good director, he also actually a good busenessman, able on his own founding own studio, moving forward creation of conglamerate like USP, securing funding for his projects, creating an actual proper idol band thats actually became decently popular, having secured millions of loans from different sources (theres list on 2ch as well, though now other people will finish those projects) and different countries. And that despite constant negative publicity, and own lack of resources - he helped to make so such studios as Liden Film and Trigger gain ground (also Ordet itself remained small) and STILL is having generals about him on 2ch that lovehats him, interview on TV and own hourlong TV show. And just a side not, he`s actually a writer who wrote own novels, a conductor that directed Fractale ost orchestra himself and choreograph for Lucky Stars, Haruhi, Kannagi and WUG dances.

And the anime he makes, usually suffer from technical downsides and lack of resources, rather than his directing.

WUG was good. Senyu was great. Kannagi was good and only failed thanks to LN author scandal. Fractale sold like shit, but neverless was good and the failure is rather than his, of a pretentious writer (which is also japans most known anime and movie critic).

By all means a egocentric badmouthing scandal diva - but certainly not a hack.

What are you-

>Yamada
>prosperity
Yamakan is richer than Yamada, since Yamada is just a director, while Yamakan is bussinessman. The money alone he stole from own anime budgets makes him rich and allow to live rest of life hiding from creditors and enjoying fancy lifestyle.

How can Yamada even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ity1F7zvLUE

Is this the last thing they announced?
What else is Kyoani doing afterwards?

Seems alright.
Might be the first KyoAnus work I watch since K-on.

I can't even read Japanese, I only bought it to support KyoAni and because it looked pretty.

Does anyone in KyoAni actually love anime? All of them are Cinematography/Live Action rejects - Takemoto, Ishihara, Yamada, Yamakan

Only Kigami is actually anime guru, but he`s old and does nothing now.

Free.

No one at KyoAni gives a shit about anime.

Ishidate

(You)

you now remember that violet evergarden shitposting week

>Do you think this is going to be Kyoani's magnus opus?
They already made it, it's called Disappearance.

Ishidate wanted to work in movie industry, but was rejected everywhere, so as last hope attempted to join anime studio where had became animator - while he studied and wanted to work as cinema director.

So no.

Takemoto went to animation school.

Kill yourself, cancerous maltard.

proofs, tovarisch?

It might be a long story. (laughing) I originally liked animation. But as I grew into adolescence, I was trapped inside this atmosphere, which was rooted in this commonly-held belief that animation was mostly for children, so I gradually stopped watching animation. Even so, I still liked movies overall. I hoped that I would get a job at a company which produced live-action TV and film. I applied for many companies, but failed those interviews, which made me think that the live action field did not suit me. Then, it occurred to me that an animation production company could be an option, where I could take advantage of my skill at drawing, which I had developed since childhood. Not only that, but I'd still be making films, which I was hoping to do. The decision has led me here.

Kill yourself, cancerous maltard.

What, that sounds like he's living the dream

KyoAni is not drawing anime, they are opening portals to 2d worlds and filming them.

>brazilian language is so irrelevant they didn't even write it in braziliansh
;_;

So basically animation was his true calling. No wonder he became Kigami's student and dedicated sakugafag.

I went a bit too far I do agree that he's not bad. However he isn't a great director, nowhere near people like Naoko Yamada, Takemoto, Hiroyuki Imaishi or even Ei Aoki.
And if he is a good businessman he definitely didn't put that skill to good use in his anime productions. How can he be that good when WUG suffers from such a lack of ressources, surely Ordet wouldn't have those problems if he was a good businessman ? Managing to deliver good quality despite a lack of ressources is also a mark of a good director,

WUG was shit, and that was his own work from his own studio. He had his shot and completely fucked it up.

I can't understand why people keep talking about him even though he is even less relevant than fucking Yasuomi Umetsu. Yamakan litterally accomplished nothing of note.

Also, while he did work on Haruhi, the best moment of KyoAni was K-ON wich he didn't work on.

He joined KyoAni since he failed interview to some studio in Tokyo, since when they started asking him about the anime he was clueless.

> I applied for the production in Tokyo first, but, abruptly changing my course in job hunting left me awfully ignorant. My knowledge couldn't bear the scrutiny I was under during the interview. I didn't have even a slight chance. I thought “This ain't right” and then, came here.

CHROMATIC ABBERATION: THE ANIME

So from what you're saying he has a lot of money but doesn't spend any of it on anime. Got it.

We 2006 Cred Forums

I'm gonna miss kyoani

>Wasting such good animation on shit shows

Is there anyone deader than Takemoto?

>WUG was shit, and that was his own work from his own studio. He had his shot and completely fucked it up.
Lets agree to disagree. I loved WUG and would love if there are continuation of it. Production wise it has issues, but neverless with limited resources it had managed to pull pretty good, including some of the best performances and actually good directing.

This scene alone is better directed and shows talent than whole of LL and IMAS combined
youtube.com/watch?v=dTOfz2Xybpw

Takemoto is working on a secret project with Gotoh, mark my words

>1 (one) anime in 2015
>1 one
at least it was the show of the decade

>the movie is one of their best works
so much this
it was fucking great

Wasn't KnK movie in 2015 too?

Except that very scene you show works because the production is good. The animators had the time to work on the acting of the characters in a very intricate way, like KyoAni does, wich makes the scene look more real and interesting. Directing isn't an abstract thing free from everything else, it cannot be separated from animation, backgrounds, storyboard and sound. If you've got no time for the animation, the characters will suffer from it, which will impact the whole show.

Without the budget this scene wouldn't have been possible. That's why the WUG movie was good while the serie it introduced was shit.

>ugugu am I cute??

Takemoto is doing Free S3.

youtube.com/watch?v=nWzUh717mNY

translation never

>forced animation

>movie about 2ch idol scandal
>yamakan quits WUG and ordet due to 2ch idol scandal

Well memed my friend.

This nigga could have made grands if he could monetize the video.

I'm only half memeing.

The squiggly shiny particle business felt hyperactive and drew attention away from the motion of the characters. It looked like it was overblown to impress sakugafags whereas a bit of hair waving would've been enough to drive in the point.

TIME ERASE ALL SORROWS

I love that series so much.

no one cares cancerous tumblerina

Since people are having fun talking about this I'll just answer a few of the questions

Gilbert is Violets adoptive father he receives her from his brother who is an admiral who finds Violet after a typhoon shipwrecks several nearby vessels. Gilbert himself is a Major. Violet is around 9 when he adopts her and couldn't speak. Violet ends up participating in notWorld War I for around 8 years until the war ends where shes honorably discharged.

this scene is just him buying a present for his daughteru.

Hodgins is Gilberts best friend in the army and he's Violets godfather. He's later Violet's boss when Violet retires from the war and joins the Auto Doll industry.

There is a lovestory chapter where an astrologist falls in love with Violet. It's a really great chapter because they watch notHailey's Comet together and he describes meeting a person like Violet as a once in a life time opportunity like the comet they're watching. She later turns him down though when he confesses but he's the only person to have ever made Violet smile.

Now this is a twist in VEG but happens right at the very start of the LN which is why this scene was important and amusing.

There are two types of Auto Memory Dolls. Small voice controlled dolls you attach to typewriters and another type the same name that are basically beautiful scribes for hire, Hodgins owns one of these companies. Violet falls under the second category but Violet herself is not very "human" but we dont know her origin yet. Oscar, the first chapter's protagonist, never left his house for years so he never heard of the FIRST kind and assumed Violet was an actual robot because of the name AMD until he walks in on her naked. He thought Violet was a robot because of her prosthetic arms to replace the ones she lost in the war. So Violet is kind of weird.

pastebin.com/ba1bpyag

and this is the old pastebin with some of the bigger spoilers removed if you want to see the format/summary of the LN

Thanks again novelanon.

Has anyone scanned the LN yet?

Why can't they just release digital versions alongside paperbacks.

I like KyoAni a lot but I'm just not hyped for this at all. Seems like one of those artsy and serious shows that no one cares about a few weeks after it airs.

>serious shows
u mena "pseudo-forced-drama-serious" shows, rite?

But the fact that it's episodic will make it alright, though. Such format leaves less room for mistakes and usual retarded LN clichés.

Found the pleb.