K-

Why am I enjoying the everliving FUCK out of this show? It's so stupid and yet I'm having so much fun and loving the characters. I used to think people who watch moeshit were retards but K-On may have shown me the light.

whoops I fucked up the subject. K-On Thread

Because you have shit taste

That's what you get for using a phone

Moeshitter

I'm on a laptop though?

You're growing up and learning to appreciate the simple things in life.

I was once like you are now

>Not posting with your phone

How else am I supposed to watch anime and shitpost on Cred Forums at the same time?

Two monitors.

I'm not watching anime unfortunately I'm in a car pretending to be at college.

Stop fooling your parents, user.

Never, they can never know that I'm a NEET in a useful member of society's clothing.

Stop pretending like moe is some sage mature genre that people always inevitably come to enjoy when they get older or watch enough anime. It's always the Z-gen fags that are pushing their e-celebs like their moe-loving idol Digibro.

Anyone here tried playing the music from this show on their own instruments? I tried playing Fuwa Fuwa Time but I couldn't figure out which E, A, and B chords are used in the song.

That came out wrong, I worded it like that because I was listening to Cat Stevens. I really meant that I understand how you feel but at the same time I'm enjoying this show for no reason

>e-celebs
Why would you even bring that up out of nowhere?

He's just mad we are enjoying something that he is afraid to be caught watching and enjoying.

Because he's literally the only one I ever heard of because of moefags posting his name on Cred Forums. The whole e-celeb craze is something that popped up when I was already too old to have really been aware it was happening until recently.

Don't mind me just posting pics of best girl

>Cred Forums
>e-celeb craze
You lost me.

Not really. I'll occasionally check out a moe SoL if it get's enough attention, and I've enjoyed a few of them. My beef is more or less with the people who pretty much limit themselves to moe, and believe it's some super enlightened genre.

I think you're getting cause and effect mixed up

Here's a real test to see if you are really fucking dumb or not. Do you think Nichijou is shit because its moe?

>K-On
>moe
You're a fucking idiot. Piss off back to Cred Forums.

Animu ecelebs shill their channels here on Cred Forums

all those post praising them are those ecelebs

Fun things are fun.

I love K-On but you must really be some kind of retarded if you don't think it is moe.

not really a craze if only the ecelebs are talking about ecelebs but ok keep being stupid

I can't get into Nichijou

Go home, you goddamn idiot.

Some people just can't, but If you get to the halfway point it really starts getting good. The first half just dicks around whith no real overarching plot or developments, while the second is based around character relationships growing.

Kill yourself

>limit themselves to moe
Why would you assume that from any of those initial posts? If anything it's a case of broadening your tastes instead.

K-On! is the biggest "watch it despite appearances" show I can think of. Looks like lowest common denominator trash, but it's got a lot more in common with slice of life classics than its mass produced contemporaries. I went in with the same expectations as you but fucking hell this shit sneaks its way into your heart.

>first episode: pfft, not so great.
>finish first season: wow this show's great
>finish second season: literally cannot stop crying.

This show is the gold standard for moe, SOL anime, and all other anime of this genre should take its cue from this series.

Monogatari Series is a "watch it despite appearance" show too. On the outside it looks like a fanservice filled dialogue fest, but on the inside its a fanservice filled dialogue fest.

wait

Keion is one of the all time greats

They can always try

There are definitely people that do that and Moefags are one of the worst offenders. You won't really find people who fancy themselves "Fans" of harems, Isekai, or Shonens on Cred Forums, even if they watch and enjoy some or a lot of them. Moefags are really the only group that does this and sings praises about their favorite genre while desparaging everything else.

Calling it "anime" is being unjust, to be quite honest. K-On is straight up kino.

well if nothing else I guess Im gonna say it's nice to see a show about cute girls who can actually play music and want to form a real band instead of playing pretty princess idol

>fan service, suggestive themes
Literally what? What were you doing between scenes, keions? And why were those cuts removed from the final version?

erm probably because it's literally the best thing ever? now hush up or i'll send you back to the runt cage

remember there was one or two instances where they where jealous of Mio's tits

It's not Tuesday anymore. Fuck off to tumblr.

Fan service: I am a fan and I was serviced through this extra dose of high quality K-On! content.
Suggestive themes: this movie suggests that we should value our friends because time is fleeting.

Rated R for Really nice

The only suggestive theme I remember was when they went to that bar and fucked the lighting crew.

mio

good post

Moogs

Didn't like the movie the first time I saw it. Rewatch with friend who hadn't seen it was better.

literally retarded

>greatest humanity achievement in anime genre
Would be strange if you didn't enjoy it.

Talking about yourself there champ?

i got into k-on because of the guitars

glad I did

it's a masterpiece

>K-On is straight up kino.

Really makes you think

Why not pick up an easy part time job and make dosh while pretending to go to college?

I was trying to think of a way to make the joke but you far surpassed anything I could've come up with

Smartest anime ever. You only have understood this on an unconcient level, OP. K-on isn't moeshit. It's deep and great.

K-On!!'s dialectic of nostalgia and escapism is a microcosm of Japan's desire to return to peaceful times. What pushes K-On above its peers is the genuine love and respect the Kyoani staff gives to the characters, seeing them as human beings and not otaku pandering creations. Yamada's storyboarding, Yoshida's screenwriting, Horiguchi's down to earth rounded designs and both the realistic and cartoony character acting really mesh together, raising the bar both artistically and culturally. It's no wonder so many non-anime and young female viewers became so attached to K-On. It was seen as a family friendly work and not an otaku late night work. Heck it even aired on Disney Channel. Furthermore the underlying narrative structure in season 2 made the series even more resonant and experimental in its change of structure from a 4koma comedy to a character driven slice of life.

Never really put together why S2 felt so different from S1 until your post.

S1 really was more like a 4 koma.
Do this > joke > do this > joke > do this > joke > credits

S2 changed that formula so much.

This reads like pasta, but I don't disagree. I think there definitely is that "desire to return to peaceful times" but at the same time, I don't really see it as a critique of modern values like we see in Takahata's WMT shows or Totoro.

The formula change works really well with how the whole show is organized around nostalgic principles. First season is briskly paced and fun. While the second doesn't lose this sense of carefree silliness, time is slowed down greatly as we and the characters are able to reflect on the past with this growing awareness of "this is ending soon."

Why is any paragraph long analysis regarded as a pasta?

I'm not saying it is, only that it reads like one. It's long and wordy, not conversational, not aimed at anyone in particular. It's as though it were copy-pasted from some review. Surely you can see that?