>Cunt
>Small breasts
>Seeks the attention of older men

Rei (2)
>Nice
>Satisfied with a simple life
>Well-behaved
>Good temperament

How could anyone prefer a character that isn't Rei?

Masochists prefer Rei etc.
Anno is truly the master
red vs blue
kaworu is gay
shinji is actually manly
rei_toilet.jpeg
pokemon sun and moon
asukafags unite and shitpost bump to imagelimit
/thread

there's would be a higher possibility of Asuka stepping on me rather than Rei so bonus points for that.
I agree that Rei is more of a waifu tho

i forget the names now but the one with the apartment who was the alcoholic was cute and i would like to fuck her

The one whose name is literally the first word of OP followed by the exact same description you just posted, you mean?

cmon man

>tfw we will never have another MC as good as Shinji

Anno set the bar too high

Misato is shit. Asuka is shit. Ritsuko is shit. Rei is okay. Hikari is sweet. Maya is wonderful.
But none of them are best girl.

And Mana is horny and has her shit together, but she's not canon

Mana is just a female parody of Kaworu anyway. She's the het option for Shinji's canon Kaworufaggotry.

>>Alcholic slut with severe daddy issues
She isn't really a slut
>>Offers sex to a 14-year-old boy
So he can save the world
>>Sleeps with a penguin, probably stinks of fish/booze/bird shit
ngl true.

Misato is still best girl

are there doujins of mana?

Rei (2)
>Nice
>slaps shinji for resenting his father even though he was perfectly valid

>Satisfied with a simple life
She isn't satisfied with anything. She has no say on her life.
>Well-behaved
>Good temperament
see above. she's basically a reflection of shinji's hopelesness

Maybe some old ones. I haven't checked.

This is a pretty accurate post. I don't know how OP could call Rei satisfied. She is completely desolate. I don't say this critically; the fact is she is emotionally desolate because of her circumstances. She isn't satisfied until she lets Shinji choose the world's fate.

>Offers sex to a 14-year-old boy
I keep hearing everyone say this but where does it happen?

>She isn't really a slut

>Not a virgin

Right before she explodes.

End of Evangelion

Also after Kaji dies.

when?

Episode 23, after Rei sacrifices herself.

>we'll do the rest when you get back
There's no implication of sex, though. She only meant the rest of kissing session.

>How could anyone prefer a character that isn't Rei?

Trying to hold his hand?

>the chair is a penis

When she said it was "all she could offer him", the implication is that she was trying to comfort him with her body. This is revisited when Misato and Kaji's sex life is referred to as "licking each other's wounds".

You're dense as fuck. You could be a harem protag

>Rei (2)
Not even best Rei

No its a chair
I bet when girls look at you you think they want sex too huh?

Asuka doesn't have agency. Her motivation is the desire of attention, approval, and acknowledgement from others.
Rei has a personality and emotions, she's just severely autistic due to her upbringing and the dysphoria of having a foreign soul.

If you can't make a simple inference, Eva might be, dare I say it, 2deep4you.

>She doesn't have agency
>Seeks the attention, approval and acknowledgement from others

She relies on others for personal fulfillment. She is used as a tool, even when she starts out thinking she's outstanding. I wouldn't call that agency.

She has the personal agency to seek that, same as Shinji when he attempts to run away etc, which Rei does not, they're all used as tools the distinction with Asuka is she wants to be a useful tool

If you would describe Asuka has having personal agency, it would follow that Rei does as well, as she actively tries to maintain her self-professed bond with humanity by protecting them; that is what she wants to find fulfilling.
But I'm only lukewarm toward Rei, so I'm not going to keep pleading her case. I just don't understand why it's so difficult to digest the point of her character.
Remember, almost every girl in Eva is shit, but I don't find any of them uninteresting.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what she meant

She wanted Shinji to walk her home gently.

Yes, user, the rest of the "kissing session", you turbovirgin

Rei
>not even human

>implying it would have been in the mouth
anooon...

Because Rei is ugly

Because I don't like sociopaths who cannot think outside their desires.

>Only confirmed to have ever fucked one guy
>Slut

Rei has even less agency. He entire emotional expression and morality is based around all of two people: Gendo and Shinji. And that's only because they were the only people she perceived as caring for her.

sometimes when a pipe is not a pipe is not because it's a penis but because it's a picture of a pipe.
>all she could offer him
if you were a human being you'd get that people say platitudes like that when comforting others in grief. it's literally another way of saying 'I wish there was more I could do for you'. If misato was coming on to him then it diminishes the impact of what she did in EoE

Rewatch Yashima. The characters in Eva are not that difficult to understand.

Asuka and Misato have real personalities where Rei is a fucking robot. Misato is shit, but I could see picking Asuka.

>Asuka doesn't have agency. Her motivation is the desire of attention, approval, and acknowledgement from others.

That's not what having agency means.

Even a profoundly insecure person who actions are taken solely for the sake of receiving approval from others is exercising agency taking those actions.

>prefer Rei

I guess some people like the cheap store brand character. At least the good thing w/ Rei is if you break her she can easily be replaced with the same model for cheap.

Rebuild Rei is the best
Rei Q is the worst

Okay. Therefore,

Rei is literally a meat puppet

No, clearly she meant the rest of the chores that were left undone at their apartment.

Why do people say that Asuka and Shinji had sex?

They clearly didn't.

Pic from EOE

because they think fantasy sequences from EoE are flashbacks.

Rei rejects Gendo's instrumentality plan which proves that she has the ability to choose who controls instrumentality

On the other hand, Asuka demonstrates her agency by returning from the sea of LCL after shinji's rejection of the HIP.

In the end, they all demonstrate their agency and ability to be their own person.

the fantasy sequences are fantasy
they didn't happen physically, but between the characters during instrumentality

Pfffttt...all those women suck, everyone knows Kowaru is the best.

sure, but that doesn't mean they had sex any more than Rei and Shinji did in that other sequence... or all of humanity for that matter. whatever that was calling it sex is just metaphorical not factual.

I'm a lesbean and Rei is my waifu. She is truly the best.

amen brother

fuck, I'm not quoting you. you can die for all I care. I'm quoting

>misquoting twice in a row
I officially need to go to bed and kill myself.
sorry user:

Don't kill yourself Rei-bro. I love you.

>>Rei
>Literally your mom's clone in teenage form
>Literally gets raped by your dad constantly because he misses your mom
Fixed*

Only people who want to bang their mothers go for Rei.

Why all the fighting over second place?

YEEESSSS!!!! The True Waifu

The complexity of Rei is that she is a creature who is told over and over again to be simple, but she still chooses, in the end, to reach for her own personal complexity and dimension. When she tells Gendo "I am not a doll", she's breaking free of the imposed limitations on her character and ability to grow by making the only choice that she views is within her control (arguably, actually the only one she controls) and exercising free will. She demonstrates the ability to overcome her circumstance and the capacity for change and personal growth (for herself, not for outside validation), which is more than Asuka ever did.

Because Rei is literally and canonically The First. Kaworu is the last both among pilots and angels. That officially makes him bottom of the barrel-tier.

>Ritsuko is almost never mentioned; the shitflinging is always between Rei, Kaworu, Asuka and Misato

its aight, as long as your an evafag its all good

Maya > Ritsuko

she was quite literally insane

She's so shit she's not even in the contest

Maya deserves better

She's not MY mom

She kinda is. If you go with the "everyone came from Lilith" and "Rei's got Lilith's soul" logic

> Rei
> Boring
> Dead inside
> Satisfied with being sedentary

Kaworu is actually the first angel (Adam).
Rei is Lilith, the biggest bitch in biblical history who fucked everything up.

>all you criticizing others before taking a good look at yourselves.

We've all got issues way deep, little secrets that keep you awake at night. the ones that keep coming back when you find yourself at "peace", the ones that never stop. those are all part of what makes you, tick...

and the nagging sensation? every day, like a little clock, counting, ticking... till the day you die.

Tabris was the 17th, manufactured from the 1st, not implied to share the same capabilities or continuity of mind. He's only the same being as Adam in a slightly different way than Unit 0 and Gendou's hand are.

No, Kaworu is literally Adam just like Rei is literally Lilith.
The 17th angel tabris is just the name SEELE came up with to label Adam's soul in a human vessel, but he's still Adam. Just like Rei is still Lilith in her human vessel. Just like Unit 01 is Yui in a "robot" vessel.
Learn2Eva.

Rei is not Lilith. This is important. She might have been born out of Lillith, but she created herself from the interaction with others and her own self definition as Rei Ayanami. YOU learn2eva.

Rei's entire character arc is about coming to terms with herself, realizing her inner self, and sticking it to the asshole who put her down.
Yes, what makes her her is her experiences as Rei. But Lilith is also her, that's why she becomes one with Lilith in EoE and embraces that side of her that frightened her earlier in the series.
The soul defines you in Eva not the vessel, like with Yui/Unit01, Everyone in Instrumentality, and like with Rei and Kaworu.
Learn
Eva.

This, Lilith is present in Rei who is explicitly not conscious of it and feels no influence from it except that something is wrong and it scares her. Rei isn't something like Lilith with amnesia, Lilith doesn't appear to have any personality at all.

Asuka a slut

you obviously dont understand Rei if this what you truly think

Pretty much. Rei is barely aware of this dark aspect inside her and communicates with it briefly throughout the events of the show and fully embraces it when she is reabsorbed back into Lilith's body to cause 3rd impact. That is the reunification ceremony that Gendo wants but didn't expect Rei to choose Shinji instead of him.

>Rei who is explicitly not conscious of it
>Rei is barely aware of this dark aspect inside her
I disagree on one point, I think she's very aware of that part of her she fears it because she doesn't understand its nature, but she's aware it exists, that's why it engages with it from time to time though prefers to mostly keep it buried.

what explicit evidence is there that rei's soul is not lillith, and that lillith's personality is not rei's?

no 2.0 evidence pls

It's a salacious void-eyed horror until Rei catches herself.

Well I think if OP can blatantly lie about Rei's character, then mine is more correct, even if it's generalizing.

Rei's soul is Lilith's but Rei-hood goes beyond that, Rei is distinct from Lillith the same way all humanity is distinct from Lillith. Their souls come from Lillith too. But they're not Lillith, because each fragmented soul self realizes itself as it's own individual. Rei is no different. Again, she said it herself best: She is formed by her interaction with others and her own self realization as Rei Ayanami. She's neither a bodily vessel alone nor an entity lurking within it. She's the bonds that bind both together.

I've said this before but It's one of the things that make her so fascinating. Rei's identity can't be understood from a Materialist nor an Idealist perspective. but by and ambivalent middle point. from a Materialist perspective, there's no such thing as Rei Ayanami, there's a bunch of Rei Ayanamis. but from the Idealist perspective there's no Rei Ayanami either. theres as put it a Lillith with amnesia where Lillith is the trascendental soul that hops from body to body and Rei Ayanami is nothing but a name.

But Rei Ayanami exists because Rei is the body and the soul and the bonds that bind all together. And as I said at the begining it applies to humanity too. We are not our bodies, and we're not our so called souls. we are ourselves because we are our selves.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

One wrong and one half truth.

so the functional structure of rei's soul is a metaphor for the larger existentialist themes of eva?

that would make enough sense I guess. I never took that as concrete plot exposition

I always interpreted those bits as purely thematic mirroring to shinji and asuka's plight, except that where shinji was a NEET and asuka was a projection of schoolgirl/anime culture, rei was some kind of haunting emptiness that was meant to freak people out by beckoning to the depths of their confusion

anno said rei was supposed to be creepy and frightening. but hten neets at comiket started masturbating to her, so uh..

Rei>Asuka>>>>shit>>>>Misato

you got Misato and Asuka mixed up.

well when god was handing out brains you were probably first in line and got a crummy prototype

You made three statements about Rei, and the latter two weren't true at all, while the first was subjective.
OP made shit up about Rei to make her sound better, but you're no better if you make shit up or misinterpret her in order to make her sound worse.

think about this. why would Shinji and Asuka be explorations of personal things of hime and Reis suddenly be about just some sci-fi thing? He said it himself, Rei revealed something about the deepest part of him... And I think he hates he did that.

>shinji was a NEET
He was simultaneously undergoing education, employed, and training to better fulfill his employment. While socializing to a greater degree than he had in life before that point.

Newfags don't know what words mean.

asuka's a pretty normal girl. people make her out to be some sort of super-bitch, but if shinji had just hurried up and dicked her things would have been fine

asuka's probably one of the only normal characters in eva. how is someone with actual emotions supposed to relate to a world filled with clones inserted with monster-souls, NEETs, and chronic alcoholics?

she fucking rants about this at one point. I'd lose my shit too

maybe I don't remember the whole interview, what did it reveal about anno himself?

I always assumed that while shinji and asuka represent more surface level aspects of human cognition and personality, rei was representing something less sci-fi, but the side of the human soul we don't understand, the empty part that wants to murder/kill, which can fuck without emotion, which interacts with people but never learns compassion (although I guess she eventually comes close?) but that realization we're all just fucking animals and maybe we'll always be alone, despite being defined by other people.

that's how I thought of it. I thought rei was some universal primal aspects of us, and that's what lilliths suol was supposed to be, moreso than "rei is human too."

ffs, fine, he was a basement dweller. recluse. neet is just a funny word for it, fuck

Shinji didn't dick her because he was scared of her, precisely because she was a super-bitch. She was legitimately cruel to him on more than one occasion.
Also I wouldn't call her normal. She's deeply traumatized, and is reliant on praise and attention in a very specific way, to the point that she becomes suicidal when she is forced to confront her inferiority.

>neet is just a funny word for it, fuck
Words have actual meanings. You look like an idiot when you use words you don't understand.
Shinji isn't a basement dweller, either. He pretty much runs his household.

people hurt each other, they always will. living is learning to deal with that. when shinji surrounded himself with corpses and fantasies, he wasn't alive.

asuka was trying to open him up in her own twisted way.

normal is probably a stretch. most normal in the show of the main cast, though.

she's crushed under the weight of salaryman/school expectations, it's natural she would seek out praise. she's strong in that respect, that she can do well and succeed.

she's easily the most relatable of the main 5 or 6 chars.

anyway, normal girls are bitches, if you didn't notice

>fucked
Confirmed slut.

>Only people who want to bang their mothers go for Rei.
How is this an insult.

I think Shinji is the most normal and the most relatable. He's a kid with depression and social anxiety. He doesn't go off the rails until late in the series, while Asuka is cruel pretty much from the get go. I understand why she is the way she is, but it can't excuse her poor behavior.
She didn't do well and succeed, by the way. She underperformed so many times that she was almost removed from her position, because she refused to cooperate with her coworkers.

>always assumed that while shinji and asuka represent more surface level aspects of human cognition and personality, rei was representing something less sci-fi, but the side of the human soul we don't understand

That's my take. Shinji represents Anno's shyness and awkwardness (not so much Neetdom because shinji is actually quite industrious) While Asuka represents his attraction to women and the whole otaku pin-uppy culture (she is the one being kissed, masturbated over, portrayed as an idol, at some point her image is literally monetized within the show. Those things might be personal but by comparison are more surface level. Rei is the deeper part, which ironically is the more universal part. The thing that goes deeper than personality traits and fetishes. The unsettling part of our natures but also the most fragile and the most essential. like you say the most primal.

At the absolute least he always met the absolute basic expectations of society and if not for Eva would be swept into a job he didn't care about, surrounded by people he didn't know, married to the first woman to exercise any sort of claim on him like 99% of the quasi-adults of the world.

Also near the end where she's next to him on the bed and tries to touch his hand and is all like sorry I don't know what else to do.

Salarymen aren't basement dwellers.

That's not what he's saying

shinji is very representative of the new japanese culture that emerged around the time. people see it as inherently sick because individuals, millions of them, live and die without ever living

man this show is such an absolute fucking downer sometimes. thinking about rewatching it, but I really wonder if it's messed up more people than it's helped. maybe that;s why rebuild is seemingly intentionally awful

I couldn't tell whether or not he was trying to argue with me.>shinji is very representative of the new japanese culture that emerged around the time. people see it as inherently sick because individuals, millions of them, live and die without ever living
I can't tell whether this is trying to argue with me, either.
I must be tired.

not trying to argue, that just doesn't strike me as particularly normal

obviously individuals vary, but asuka at least actively engaged with the world and tried to take what she wanted (including shinji,) but shinji can just sit and wait for death. I relate more to the former than the latter

he's saying shinji wasn't a NEET but without eva was well on his way to have life just happen to him like a proper salary man which is not much better. The Manga version of the opening makes it more blatant. Remember, Anno's crisis came not from being a feeling like a neet but from feeling aimlessly overworked.

I see. I guess Shinji is much easier to understand if you have depression and anxiety.
That said, I know Asuka is very real, as a character. I admit this is part of why I hate her; I've known more than one person pretty much exactly like her, and they were terrible people.

"most relatable character" is up to viewer identification, which is why the three children create a trichotomy. if you're a loser who struggles with getting close to anyone and feel like everybody's a phony, you're hauld- i mean shinji. if you always feel like you're never good enough for your peers and superiors and make your self-worth inextricable from your success, you're asuka. if you're always had issues self-identifying and lose yourself in the expectations placed upon you and other peoples' determinations, you're rei.

>year of second impact + 0
>still having this conversation

asuka is pretty tame compared to real people, imo

she doesn't gossip. she doesn't lie. she doesn't stab anyone, or ruin people to gain status.

she just wants to be loved, but her problem is that she thinks she can 'win' love by being the best, which is why failure devastates her.

she kind of comes close to getting shinji to just make a tiny effort of his own to show affection towards her, but he's so scared, and it reinforces asuka's fear that unless she's the best, she's unworthy of love

I think they're the two sides of salaryman/schoolgirl/boy culture that really ramps up the standards to a ridiculous level

I mean, think about it for a second. Some people kill each other, or think that killing "isn't that bad." or they deal drugs. asuka is just a confused girl. she's good.

eva really narrows down the problem to a micro level. when someone is as weak as shinji, even tiny little things are magnified to the point where the other person can seem evil. I think that really micro focus on shinji and asuka is why they get shipped so hard, because the sorts of communication breakdowns they have occur with couples.

if my 'other' or whatever couldn't even lift a finger to show they cared, I'd probably react like asuka

You can be a mean person without stabbing someone, user.

shinji was equally cruel in just as many ways. he acted weak so that others couldn't feel angry at him when he legitimately commited offenses against them.

don't forget that gendo is basically shinji+25 years, and he's easily the cruelest person on the series. shinji wasn't innocent

I recall, vaguely, anno saying something to the effect that he made asuka the way he did because he wanted to wake up otaku to what a woman is really like, and in that goal, he made her deliberately unpleasant, but still with a decent heart

instead they just ended up fetishizng the surface behavior.

Almost every person in Eva is a bad person, yes.

>How could anyone prefer a character that isn't Rei?
because humans are inherently emotional creatures. logic does not come naturally for most.

many men and women would rather be abused by someone like asuka than be bored by rei. similarly, many people marry those who're always hungry for new and exciting things, but are somehow surprised when they themselves are abandoned or cheated on once the novelty wears off.

>don't forget that gendo is basically shinji+25 years, and he's easily the cruelest person on the series. shinji wasn't innocent
Pretty sure Shinji would be crueler than Gendo, he's yui+gendo anyways, a wolf in sheeps clothing

possibly

what was yui's goal again, anyway? she just wanted to be immortal and travel the galaxy? wtf?

She wanted to be the mark humanity could make on the universe.
At least in the manga she genuinely wanted something better for Shinji.

yeah, he had no where to get empathy genes from anywhere. If Gendo was bad Yui would have hurt him beyond comprehension if he had only known.
Her goal was to carve a modicum of immortality for the human race.

Fuck over the old men using the fate of the world to retreat into infantile fantasy, give her baby his choice of future.

I kinda forgot about that. she was just using gendo, right?

anyone still pissed off by 3.0? i rewatched part of it, it seems intentionally bad

"sleeps with a penguin" being listed as a con really did something to me, thanks for thread OP.

I like some of the stuff Rebuild is doing, which I know is heresy on Cred Forums, but I also know that Anno has shat the bed with his writing; I don't know how he expects to wrap this shit up. I'm expecting him to pull more than one movie out of his ass.

what is 3.0 doing?

1 and 2 just seemed pointless and truncated, and if he was gonna start over at 3.0 he could have done it better, no?

there was zero emotional nuance to 3.0

She used him, but I think she did love him too, one doesn't preclude the other, 'Love is destructive' and all that... She could have just as easily used Fuyutsuki alone. Look at it from her perspective, she already had a field leading scientist wrap around her finger. And she was genious scientist and the daughter of the most senior member of the Illuminati we ever get to hear about. Gendo was a too-old-for-college fuck up. whose family name wasn't even worth preserving. What did he have to offer in her plans? I think she honestly fell for him. It's the only way it makes sense. thing is he loved him more than he needed him while it was the other way around for him.

Ambiguous. Stronger in the manga where Yui does directly say some things to Gendo that sound like Shinji was intentionally conceived to fill the role he did and there are flashbacks of her taking toddler Shinji on walks alone to tell him mystery shit.

Kaworu is Adam's soul in a human body, the result of the experiment that caused First Impact.

3.0 was full of crazy whiplash, but I loved the Kaworu and Shinji friendship in comparison to the anime, and I love loop theory. I will also say that Shinji's delusion-tier hardheadedness was incredibly frustrating, but I also thought its portrayal was striking. I don't know what the fuck Anno was doing with 3.0, but I actually don't hate it. I just don't expect to be pleased with the end of the film series.

>the thing is she loved him more than she needed him while it was the other way around for him.
fuck typos

>anyone still pissed off by 3.0? i rewatched part of it, it seems intentionally bad
I saw all three again this week. It was shitty.

Still don't understand why people hate Mari though, she just seems like she's there through the movies. Doesn't do anything that outright pisses me off

that's dumb though.

I liked the manga ending where the "loop" or the chance to do things over involved shinji not being a fag, and banging that schoolgirl puss on the jitensha

although really he should have just been banging asuka on the beach with the severed head

how did the fucking loop even go again in the first place. they already exited instrumentality

she's too overly anime

I don't remember but I saw somethin somewhere that she might be yui, or something like that? long time ago. something about the glasses

Ah, the "Asuka won the manga" meme. Sadamoto has gone on record stating that Shinji had zero romance with any of the female cast. This has been repeated a thousand times, but you might as well say Kensuke won.

Re: Mari, she appeared in the manga's final extra chapter as Yui's lesbian schoolmate.

She doesn't do anything, that's the problem, sucks running time out of anything and anyone actually worth paying atention to.

Why would she be?

>shes 2x years old
>virgin

normal people aren't virgins past 20 user. you'd know that if you weren't a friendless kv yourself

90% of evangelion revolves around sexual undertones, I don't think you can honestly take that statement at face value. it's probably to encourage more otaku to buy official (tm) rei textured tenga at the famima

90% of the anime, maybe. The manga is much more sterile in comparison, at least where Shinji is concerned. It's not a waifu thing but a "Shinji's sexuality" thing. Sadamoto is pretty frank about it. Anime Shinji is bisexual, but manga Shinji is probably flat out gay.

its the fujos

>preferring sexually aloof, bland-in-bed, missionary position girls
wew, you've set the bar so low sow sex we'll need a shovel to find it

>In fact, Shinji and Rei, and Shinji and Asuka, their touch stopped at holding hands. Everytime they hold their hands, it has a different meaning. It is one fun fact about EVA… I never intend to let the children’s relationship go beyond that [holding hands]. On the contrary, Kaworu is the only one who overstepped the boundary, he broke the rule.
You might as well call Sadamoto a fudan.

Are the new release Blu Rays any good?

Because asuka would be more fun to dominate
Imagine fucking that smug off her face.
Misato, from the perspective of a heterosexual 14 year old boy would be an easy outlet for lust and something to brag about, having sexed a grown, shapely woman.
Rei is certainly quiet and well behaved and quiet
Imagine making quiet, passionate love to her only to turn on the light and realise she's been asleep this whole time and you didn't know the difference.

Why would masochists prefer Rei?

Kaworu is the dream, the fantasy, he is too perfect for this world and therefore needs to die.

Asuka is cute.

Exercising free will is quite the basic human trait, it's just that she was never given the choice before Shinji gave it to her. Too bad she had to kinda die right after realizing she can indeed decide for herself.

>Offers sex to a 14-year-old boy
Its kinda stupid for a woman to offer sex to a guy she knows is homosexual.

I'm guessing there's some sob story behind her characters actions but it is not really explored in the series so she just appears to be a crazy bitch.