So

So...
What is actually up with Mob?
Why is he as strong as he is?
Has there been any conclusive reason behind his immense psychic powers?
I haven't finished reading the manga, so I dunno if that gets explained at some point.
Maybe you guys could shine some light on me and help me out?

It was all a dream.

Dude
Come on
I'm trying to be serious here

Kek

>Why is he as strong as he is?

Can One write about anything else? Mob is just a younger psychic Saitama

I used to read Word Up! magazine.

Why are MCs strong?
WTF?

Because being soft spoken and polite is the highest good.

But I mean, shit, there's generally a reason as to why.
It's not always just "lol he's the NC so he must be literally God and everyone bows to him"
Shit, man, what kind of Anime do you watch?

he is completely different from Saitama, but i guess you just wanted a (you)

Here's a dilemma...
Could Mob beat Saitama?

Why is Goku strong? Aliens, but aliens don't exists.
Same with psychic powers.

No, Mob faced problems before, Saitama still unmatched even against world destroyers

Mob 100% is only on par with Tatsumaki, so no.

i'll admit that both characters being outrageously strong compared to others makes both series have similar starts, if anything both series are testaments to how a similar idea can be taken in completely different ways.
OPM is primarily a comedy when focused on Saitama, and uses the surrounding characters to present a story with a lot of fun action scenes and big bads that Saitama can than, as the joke goes, beat in a single punch.

MP100 is more of a coming-of-age story, where the point is how the main character struggles with how to use his powers (if at all) and how the ideas of his peers (reigen's "no powers against people" rule vs. most of his psychic friends' "use powers when necessary") began to affect his own view on what being "strong" means.

(these analysis come from only what i've seen of their respective animes, so i may be unaware of some tonal shift either series has)

I thought it was mob ???% that was around tatsumaki's strength.
A lot of mob's 100%s are quite defeatable.

Yo guys
If its an anime about violence not solving shit
Why did invisiboy saved everyone by using violence?

So there shouldn't be any reason?
what?

Because that's not what the series is about.

What it is then?

Hmm thats what everyone was saying in the day of the last episode when i asked why the ending was a let down

It's about psychic powers and ghosts. Maybe about growing up. Nothing more.
Anything else and the writing isn't consistent enough, especially about not fighting since mob even straight up admits he needs to kill claw's leader at one point in his little mental breakdown and fights a few espers on his way there.

It's a series about growing up and making your own decisions. Later Mob will grow up and stop following Reigen's advice and he decided to kill the Claw boss eventhough Reigen told him to leave it to the police.

Years and years of repression caused all his power to build up over time and allowing him to have a higher capacity of psychic energy. So the more he holds back the stronger it gets.
Probably if he used them freely during his life he'd be weaker than he is now.

Are you somehow implying Tats is any less defeatable? We saw her getting recked harder than Mob ever did.

>he decided to kill the Claw boss

>Why is he as strong as he is?
More autism = stronger psychic powers

Nope, he's just naturally very strong. It may have something to do with the fact that he can absorb psychic power from others and apparently from teh air itself though.

But then Mob chooses to risk his life to save him, so he still managed to cling to his beliefs at the end of the fight.

Well yeah it's a generic shounen.
It's just the people who are saying otherwise are now wrong.

Which was almost immediately followed by him seeing his friends watching and realizing what he was doing, switching to courage 100%, and then when Claw Boss starts exploding he decides to save him.

Mob got caught up in the moment and then pulled himself back together.

Claw boss did nothing wrong.

>It's just the people who are saying otherwise are now wrong.

Violence and fighting wasn't the answer though, even Mob recognizes it in when he says they're bad influences on each other. The violence led the claw boss to losing control and self destructing. And at the end Mob manages to hold onto his beliefs and solves the problem with kindness, not violence. The Claw boss even said he could just kill him to stop the explosion.

Also, Reigen only wanted to leave it to the police at the beginning. Before finding out that his insurance won't cover his apartment fire.

Do you think main characters need to be strong? fucking lol

>mfw animeonlys are gonna drop this shit the second time when this shit went 100% generic shonen namek arc

That would be the second half of a second season at least, and that only if it gets a 24 episode second season. Before that is the Reigen arc and the exorcist spirit.

>exorcist spirit.
Mogami is not a demon. Don't bully him.

>exorcist spirit.
Mogami is not a demon. Don't bully him.

Must be connected to the reason why 30+ year old virgins are called wizards.