Why does Cred Forums hate sword art online so much?

Why does Cred Forums hate sword art online so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qZ9NlThB3SY
youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=MZ89WDvQMbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's stupid.
It sucks.
And I hate it.

Because its dogshit.

It's stupid.
It sucks.
And We hate it.

because it dropped the 1 thing it had going for it halfway through the 1st season.

Like, jesus christ, you can't just skip 30 floors and get out of the game! why would they do that? it was actually kind of good up until then! it was like a sort of worse log horizon!

There were some bad parts but I legitimately liked the first arc and the sister incest was entertaining

Because it's a really popular normalfag anime, and it has so many flaws, it's easy to pick apart if you set your mind to it.

Just judging it on it's own merits though, it's "Alright" desu. The problem is it attracts a hugely cancerous fanbase.

>incest
>good
>ever

>The problem is it attracts a hugely cancerous fanbase.

This.

First half of S01 was good, but after that it made a hard 180 and started to push a "bad/forced romance" down the throat on everyone.
After that "game aspect" become more of an after-tought

It's boring, I dropped it seven episodes in.

"Cred Forums" doesn't hate it. Some people in Cred Forums do, some people don't. The general opinion is about a 50/50 split between "it's shit" and "the first arc was pretty good but the second arc was utter dogshit".

/thread

Cred Forums liked it at first. But than it got popular

Do we really need millionth thread of anons making themselves feel smarter by repeating the same criticisms which have been said many times before.

> Wasted potential for a solid plot given a compelling setting.
> A boring Gary Stu for an MC among of cast of forgettable characters
> Immensely popular anime despite these major problems

Basic recipe for an elitist site to hate

Its shit
Cancerous normalfag fanbase
The first ep (and premise in general) had so much potential, so many different themes to explore, but the anime ended up shitting all over itself, degrading into wish fulfilment haremshit with shit writing.

because Cred Forums only likes moe garbage

re:zero is exactly as shitty as soa, yet everyone here has a boner for it

Season 3 announced at the Dengeki Autumn Festival this Sunday?

Shit zero is a small fry compared to SAO.

I like it.

its completely fucking retarded, even on the low standards i already have of series considering i watch terrible shit all the damn time.
its just such shit, its not even so bad its good, its just straight up shit, the author had no clue what in the actual fuck he was doing, the fanbase is cancer, and kirito needs to eat a dick and die, the fact this shit got as popular as it did is just a dark stain on humanity as a whole.

it's basically copy paste, only the world in re:zero is real, the MC is weak and the villain is a little more interesting. but of course it has maids and tiny kawaii magicians so Cred Forums gets a boner for it.

emilia is basically an asuna reskin, that's how lazy LN authors are getting

Why do people need to bump this thread holy shit

Dull animation. Yet another fucking series about nip teens being heroic. Yet another fucking series about MMOs becoming reality.

The only MMO series I've seen are Overlord and Konosuba. How does SAO compare? It always looked really fucking stupid so I never watched it.

because they are idiots

It replaces fighting bosses and leveling up with a tsundere hottie who inexplicably in love with the beta male mc romance plot.

Keep it that way user.

It's mediocre but praised among normies as if it was the best thing ever.
The MC is a fucking detestable Mary Sue.

>The MC is a fucking detestable Mary Sue.

So you'd rather self-insert as some beta cuck like the one in rezero

Because it's popular like Naruto AND the content is shit.

>First half is a complete jumbled mess with several episodes completely unrelated to each other
>Main character is a boring Mary Sue who never goes through any real struggle or learning experience throughout the entire show
>Most of the rest of the cast are complete boring assholes
>Some cringeworthy love triangle is needlessly introduced in a show that never fucking needed it.

Because for one, it didn't know what it was trying to do with it's story.

And two, the plot and characterization was so damn out of place that everything made no sense.

Fantasy, yes, but it still has to have something real to hold on to, to at least make sense.

The moment Kirito saved Yui was the moment that SAO lost EVERYTHING.

Everything about that sequence was so stupid as hell that it was pretty damn obvious people only liked it because of the girls.

I prefer to have a protagonist that is actually having a relatable personality instead want a plank of wood with some basic behavioral that is meant be self inset fantasy for 14 year old

There's no point in having a mild-mannered opinion around here, so everyone just naturally gravitates to one side if the spectrum.

If you were to start a thread where everyone just agreed that Rei and Asuka are both good in their own way, it:s pointless. You already agree at the outset.

We all know both Rei and Asuka are good girls, but we are here to fight, so that's just how it will always go.

Same with swordart. It was just okay.

>pretty damn obvious people only liked it because of the girls.
But why?

All of the girls were fucking annoying and bland.

I hate it because of the ending. He fucking DIED, and then
>Muh power of love
To ass-pull a win that meant he would live on.
Also forced romance
the world itself is kick-ass tho

nobody cares about sao, its place have long been taken by overlord.

People who were here for the threads almost universally hate it. Even the first arc went off the rails once they started playing house.

People that came later are split.

We don't, we hate the fanbase.
Also glop glop motherfucker.

self insert bait. shit writing that manages to get worse with time.

Because it sucks

TWO YEARS OF GLOPPING SOUND

This, we also don't hate Naruto or SnK just their fanbase. Now newfags need to stop asking why do we hate certain shows.

First 25~ episodes are shit, save for a select few. Boring Gary Stu MC who solves all the world's problems with ass pulls and "willpower." Mary Sue love interest who acts tsundere at first but then is magically all over the MC's dick out of nowhere. Stupid incest love triangle. Fairies. Etc.

GGO was the only 'good' thing to come out of the anime. Less retarded side characters, decent plot, heroine who is likeable and isn't a Mary Sue, decent OST.

Just make Kirito a sarcastic misanthrope and the show becomes much better.

I want to protect this smile.

>people who were here for the threads
you faggots hyped this shit up as the saviour of anime, don't tell lies on the internet

It's really bad. Good only for the absolute lowest common denominator

I don't know how you fucks were able to suspend disbelief when Kirito suddenly is a "SUPER HACKER" in saving Yui instead of FUCKING SAVING EVERYONE FROM THE THAT WORLD.

He fucking hacked an unknown system within fucking seconds to save an A.I.

WOW.

>Even the first arc went off the rails once they started playing house.

Fuck I remember threads about this bullshit, what a time to be alive.

Asspulling is his main skill. Didn't you know this, user?

Actually anything before that moment was believable in a sense.

The moment that happened, everything built up by the series was just gone. Totally. Nothing could save the series after that.

It was that moment everyone should have known that Kirito will asspull from anything.

Onii-sama is more believable than this shit.

7 years of semen etc

To me it's biggest offense is that it took a cool premise with a lot of potential and ruined it with bland characters that for no reason are the most important ones in the universe and a predictable story arc. It had it's moments of brilliance but those only ended up highlighting just how bad everything else around those were. Almost every episode taunts the viewer with how much better it could have been.

Nothing beats the part where he overrides the game and kills Heathcliff in one fell swoop.

Also, don't forget how Asuna somehow got up and ran over to jump in front of Kirito when she was paralyzed by the fucking head admin of the game.

The anime portrayed that poorly.

What really happened is that when you 'die', there's a brief period as your character gets deleted. During this period, Kirito was so sanic fast that he managed to land in one hit before he 'died'.

More like season 0.

Progressive anime when?

Morning Dew Girl was a pretty shitty arc.

>Asuna somehow got up and ran over to jump in front of Kirito when she was paralyzed
Biggest asspull of the series. in b4 Incarnation

the only thing i like about it is the dual wielding sword

it's done better than any other one, except EMIYA's dual wielding, probably

I have fapped to the female kirito gangrape doujin over 200 times so I think I can be trusted when I say, SAO isnt all bad.

I wanted to post a long rant on how bad it is, but it's not worth the effort. Sad part is, there's far worse garbage out there like the MuvLuv triology, better hope THAT never gets adapted.

PROTIP: It's not just Cred Forums that hates it

>the MC is weak

You're understating just how significant of a difference this is in how both shows were received on Cred Forums.

The bulk of the problems that exist with SAO stem directly from Kirito's completely ridiculous overpowered bullshit and lack of any real characterization whatsoever. Subaru on the other hand is the what basically saves Re:Zero from being shit. You can have an entire thread with paragraphs of discussion devoted to talking about Subaru's character and hit the bump limit easily, while Kirito's entire design can literally be summed up with just a handful of words, "Self-insert Gary Stu."

See. Asspull after asspull and still it's so popular that it's getting a western adaptation (?).

I love it. Singapoor represent!

>99
Yes!

youtu.be/qZ9NlThB3SY

All you need to know

I want to pump that cameltoe full of sailormen.

No, it was still bullshit because he was already dead.

B E S T W A I F U

It's an ok anime, people here only hate it because it's popular among normalfags.

It's simple really. Cred Forums hates everything that is popular and even slightly mainstream. Not to say that SAO is good or anything, the first act of season one is only "ok" while the second act and pretty much everything after is pure dogshit.

Fucking hell no. It was a bad show, period.

The way Subaru's character is developed is just as cheap as Gary Stu asspulls. The SUFFERING he went through never matched with his actions in any coherent way. This isn't just hating the MC because he's unlikeable, it's just that the show doesnt handle it properly. By the time he has his rant at Emilia, it just feels way over the top and unwarranted. And seeing people explain away these things as "that's the type of guy he is!" is frustrating because, yes, he is who he is and I shouldn't expect him to act like me. But it has to be somewhat coherent and the show jumps around so much that his character doesn't end up being any deeper or more complex than Kirito. They are pretty similar shows in that they are great for 10 episodes and then take a steep dive into the shitter.

Pretty much this to be honest. Also normalfags who haven't even watched more than 3 anime in their life hail it like the second comming of jesus. Horribly overhyped. The extensive hate it receives on Cred Forums however is pretty much bullshit too

Because western audiences for the most part don't question how the main characters triumph over the big bad guys through asspulls . As long as the main cast prevails and good feelings are had.

Subaru is a classic narcissist. His personality isn't unrealistic or inconsistent. His mishaps are frustrating in the same way another narcissist like Donald Trump can be frustrating when you know all he needs to do is let shit go sometimes, and not shoot himself in the foot and he'd cruise to an election win.

Let's put it this way. Kirito is bro who would watch your back.Truly an honorable Kuro swordsman. Honda is just a creepy stalker.

I hate Sword Art because its commercial success lead to every other anime trying to copy it. On its own merits, its just kind of shitty, but because it made a shit-zillion dollars its shittyness leaked into every other anime since.

People on Cred Forums say that the biggest problem with anime these days is the over-emphasis on Harems and every protagonist being a bland self-insert fantasy. and both of those things because ubiqutous because people were trying to duplicate Sword Art's success. Yes, those things both existed before Sword Art, but it was Sword Art that created the perception that they were things that let an anime print money.

In short, Sword Art ruined anime.

>I hate Sword Art because its commercial success lead to every other anime trying to copy it

Name one other anime that copies SAO, and explain how it copies it.

You can't.

Grimgar. It sucks.

If you haven't seen an anime or an LN with a Kirito Clone MC, you haven't seen an anime or LN in the last 5 years.

Shit shows + rabid fans.

>Name
>You can't

It was decent until everyone turned into elves.

It's a combination of passionate hate towards bad anime and frustration about not understanding why people seem to love it so much.

How does it feel to go through life as an obnoxious contrarian? I could name 50 animes and LNs that copy Sword Art and I guarantee you'd sit there greentexting each one and smuggly rationalizing why they're not. I'm not going to play your game.

Protagonists that have the entire female cast fawning over them for no reason, that have either no personality or a personality that's intended to appeal to anti-social NEETs to facilitate self-insertion, and who's skill or knowledge in video games or other Otaku hobbies make them huge badasses in actual dangerous situations are ubiquitous in the medium, and its because of Sword Art. If you actually need a list to prove that, you're an idiot.

Feels pretty good that you can't even name one.

t.anons who haven't watched it

t. newfag who loved it.

Next you're going to claim that Cred Forums didn't shit on it when it was airing.

Shut up, Grimgar was good.

I don't really think sao started all of that. While I agree with most of your analysis, I think that a lot of visual novels in specific have pandered to that type of demographic far before sao. I don't think sao has had much influence in Japan as you seem to think. The NEET culture didn't realize how great harem isekai is with sao. I think sao is shit because of its huge influence to the anime audience in foreign countries specifically the US. I think sao can be considered the trigger for the massive influx of casual anime watchers in the US.

I liked some of the arcs, and cousin is best girl.

The only reason most of Cred Forums doesn't like it is because of the "it's for normalfags" meme and they want to be part of that cancerous Cred Forums culture that hates anything popular.

You can call them "hipsters"

>anyone who likes something we don't is a newfag
fuck off.

Fine dickbag. 5 off the top of my head: Irregular at Magical High School, Is it Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?, Accel World, Asterisk Wars and Chivalry of a Failed Knight all were clear attempts to cash in on Sword Art's success. Now play your little game where you cite tiny details that allow you to dismiss the obvious parallels and similarities.

I don't.

It's my guilty pleasure, and I hate myself for liking it.

I couldn't be more excited for the Alicization arc.

I actually just came back from living a year in Japan, so I'm pretty comfortable saying that Sword Art is a fairly large influence on the anime fandom there as well as here.

Anyway, my point was less about Sword Art as an artistic influence and more about it as a business influence. Sword Art didn't invent the tropes that have swamped over the industry of late, but it was such a financial juggernaut that various studios and creators couldn't help but want a piece of the pie. Its the same thing with Old TV Show Remake Movies these days, or Science Fiction after Star Wars back in the 80s. The anime industry found a well of money, and they're trying to pump it dry at the expense of innovation in the medium.

When people say Sword Art is "too mainstream," they're kind of right, but its more accurate to say that it made shitty genre tropes mainstream. It delivered them in a way that the mainstream audience could swallow, and thus made them normalized, and that trickled down to a LOT of other products.

They are though. I already explained this isn't a matter of a frustrating but well written character. And not to mention all of this is tied together because "I want to stand by Emilia", a girl he met in the streets. His actions aren't motivated by anything except a reason to advance to the next plot point. There isn't any development or logical string of choices, just "Subaru acts rashly".

It would be fine if after the outburst at Emilia and having her cut ties with him, that he starts to realize the consequences his attitude brought about. But instead it just takes a 180 into "Emilia in danger again!" And somehow Subaru's development gets replaced by rem dying a few times with one being extremely gruesome. So what is the point? If it's that Subaru's actions cause others to suffer, and he really is just a narcissist with good intentions, then re:zero is about how you shouldn't be self absorbed or everyone you come close to will die a horrible death?

The fact is the show isn't trying to say anything by showing Subaru's despair. It's just the plot for an isekai adaptation the same way SAO an isekai adaptation. It's not his sole fault as a character, it's just that the show is so busy fitting in arcs that it forgets the most important one. The part where Subaru learns a valuable lesson. If they really wanted to give appropriate consequences and not just shounen edge, they would have Emilia be in no danger after she cut ties with him. Everyone just gets along fine without him and he has to deal with that reality. That would be a shock to his character and he would be confronted with a hard truth. Having Rems body get mutilated because Subaru was stupid doesn't teach him anything since he still has to save the day in the end anyway.

Or simply because it's retarded.

First 10 were good. When he came to the real world it sucked shit. The incest made me cringe hard.

Kirito is a moralfag who wins through love and asspulls, in real life I wouldn't trust either to protect me.

His obsession over Emilia developed because when he first entered the world, he was thought, "Oh so this cute girl just saved me, she must be the heroine that falls for me." It just got so ingrained in him that Emilia was the girl he needed to pursue, that it manifested in to love even after he stopped treating the world like it was a video game.

During Act 2, Subaru and Emilia actually spent an enormous amount of time together at the mansion. It doesn't feel that way to the audience, but he was there long enough to learn how to write and read a new language. People have fallen in love in less time before.

Also, it's not like Subaru has never wavered in the idea of whether it's worth it to pursue Emilia. He does so at least twice. The Cliff suicide scene especially tried to nail this point home. He was really considering giving up.

Which points are untrue, user?
>Cancerous fanbase
>It is mediocre

My opinion is that it went to shit because of the self insert power fantasy which evades the better points of the premise, and that the fans who spam threads for this mediocre show are part of a cancerous fanbase.

Because it has literally nothing going for it. You can't even self-insert for christs sake. Those who do are probably lowest of the low.

When the 'I watch only good animu with gud writing' and the 'I watch animu only to be entertained' crowd all hated it what is there to be surprised about?

Digibro made a five part series on it. Although they don't admit it, Cred Forums pretty much worships Digibro.

>Cred Forums complains about normal fags
>yet watch reviews

wew

Only gullible moefags worship him

Don't need reviews to tell that SAO is like a crappy fanfic.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

>anime reviews
>anime reviews on youtube

This is a whole other level of autism. I can't believe this is a thing.

>some random crossboarder say Cred Forums watch reviewers
>holy shit it must be true lmao Cred Forums btfo

Too much sex. Too much harem. Too much gary stu. Kirito and asuna are the only ones that override system rules and refuse to explode into particles and die in real life after their hp reaches 0. Started off good but it's flaws really punched me in the gut every time.

I liked the music themes and GGO arc for the over the top shit.

It's not too offensive on it's own. I just don't like it.

I hate it for making a shitty sub-genre of anime popular.

There is never such a thing as too much sex.

>Too much sex. Too much harem.

Get a load of this massive fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ89WDvQMbs
Rove is justice, user.