>>147857256

It was Misato's cross representing her hope for humanity, Gendo's Glasses representing Rei wanting knowledge and insight into herself, Shinji's SDAT representing wanting affection from his father or something, and Asuka's cat ears showed to the world that she was an Eva Pilot.

Good job

Cancerous EVA fags.

Eva at least did a good job introducing us to the cast through Shinji while also teaching us about him through out the entire show. Even if the plot is pants-on-head retarded, it succeeds in what it wanted to be and that's a character study which is what makes it so endearing

It's interesting how they can wait 8 or even 24 episodes to introduce plot-important characters like Asuka or Kaworu and still have them be the main cast. I think the biggest issue with Kaworu was how underutilized he was, but End of Eva fixed that

Gendo's still my favorite since he was the only one that didn't piss me off at some point

They had to introduce a real girl because the adventures of Silent Jane couldn't last.

>will Rei say something?
>Find out next time on Neon Genesis Evangelion!

How can you not be pissed off by Gendo? The way he treats his adolescent son is infuriating. Even if you don't like Shinji, it's the principle of the thing; in fact the vast majority of Shinji's undesirable qualities can be traced back to Gendo's neglect and cruelty.

Gendo's Glasses are representing his poor eyesight

Because he's pretty much honest in how much of a shit he wants to be from beginning to End. He's consistent and never strides away from his goals by letting emotions get in the way. He's the polar opposite of Shinji despite them suffering the same problem: They don't want to hurt anybody, so they keep away from others

Shinji constantly tries and fails because he doesn't understand while Gendo thinks it's better not to try. In End he realizes his mistake too late when Rei betrays him, and gets his comeuppance for it

But in the end, it's the way he never acted out on screen. If all the character's pains are sourced to him, I don't really care because focusing blame on somebody else instead of bettering yourself shows how hollow of a person everyone was. It took 26 episodes for Shinji to accept himself, while Gendo was focused from day one

It's a personal thing. it's not like I'd want to drink coffee with him

I guess I'm just very protective of children.

That's fair. Took a while for me to really get this series. I might not like him on a rewatch or something, but I doubt it since I'm rather firm in my opinions

This may well be that protectiveness talking, but I do feel like Gendo did act out on screen, in every cruel thing he said to Shinji. The harm he causes isn't only to be inferred from Shinji's behavior; it's shown directly, in present day. You're right that he's honest about it, though, whereas almost every other character fakes their way through their feelings.
I can respect your choice in a favorite character, I just have a big grudge against bad parents.

Gendo's glasses belong to rei. Gendo has no memento.

This is a thematic point. He went out of his way to rid himself of any mementos of Yui.

Are you kidding? Gendo is great. He is literally HF Shirou + bitterness of reality. He is willing to sacrifice the world itself, including his son, so he can save Yui. Determination, even to the point of foolishness, is the best part of humanity.

Never saw the problem with Gendo, really. Seemed like a cool guy, and people needed a villain to latch on to, so they chose him.

Honestly, a cold parent is way better than the alternative. You could have one that cared enough to hate you.

>Fatefags
Anyway, the narrative and even Yui herself make it clear that Gendo was wrong.

>Gendo was wrong.
So? Hitler was wrong, he was still got shit done though.

inb4 this permanently derails thread

Wrong how? He just wanted to save his country.

Music = the soul.

Look at the angel that mindrapes Asuka with music.

Shinji is the only musician in the series.

Human INSTRUMENTality.

Bravo anno

>Shinji is the only musician in the series.
Someone didn't watch Death and Rebirth

That wasn't canon.

Someone thinks the Children all attended the same middle school in Nagano before the series.

Who?

I think one of, if not the best thing about Evangelion is that it's so open to interpretation and even autistic ideas like yours are valid.

Hey.

My theories are the best.

Asuka a slut

Aoba and Kaworu, faggot.

What's aoba

Misato's cross, Rei's Glasses, Shinji's SDAT, Asuka's kaji's dick.