Subaru couldn't see Betelgeuse's invisible hands in their first encounter

>Subaru couldn't see Betelgeuse's invisible hands in their first encounter
>Tell's Subaru he's "Faking" the insanity
>In episode 17 Subaru finally starts to see his hands and Betelguese is surprised
>Next episode is a huge conversation between him and Rem where he talks about how lazy and pathetic he is

So were the hands really just symbolism of Subaru becoming aware of his laziness?

You might be on to something.

Maybe.

This is actually a huge point of possible discussion in the anime, but both the fans and detractors of the show are more concerned with mindless shitposting.

I wish the mods would purge the Re:Zero general because it just stifles real discussion.

I think the more shit he went trough, the more fucked up he is the more "love" he gets.
And more love = can see some shit that normies can't

No, because even at the start of episode 18 he is still slothful.

Wait so are you saying without love it can't be seen?

Would explain why Betelguelse was all like "YOU HAVING MORE LOVE THAN ME?"

The hands only represent his awareness that he's slothful, not that he's actually overcome the flaw, which is why after figuring out he was lazy, he tried to avoid having to confront it by talking to Rem, but she called him out.

Killing Betelguese was when he had actually overcome sloth, which is why it needed to be Subaru that dealt the final blow, not Julius.

That was just a quirk of Betelguese. Your interpretation is pretty baseless.

The anime went out of it's way on several occasions to throw out examples of Subaru being lazy and trying to get out of work in the 2nd arc.

>Stopped working at the mansion after his second death, and Rem kills him
>The whole personal dilemma of whether to start over and try again by commiting suicide off the cliff when he could have run away from responsibility
>Feigning exhaustion in front of Emilia and Rem and arguably just pretending to throw up in the sink
>THE COMA

But he could see the hands in the first ecounter tho

This. The anime just doesn't show Subaru's point of view.

Stop mixing multiple mediums of the series. The anime is the only admirable interpretation of Re:Zero. Everything else is fucking generic Isekai garbage. The anime goes out of its way to create what is actually a great show based on mediocre source material.

But he sees the hand in the anime too. You should pay more attention

No he doesn't. What are you talking about?

Did anyone else notice that Betelguese and Subaru mirror each other? Subaru was all creepy with Emilia the same way Betelguese was all creepy with the witch in a few episodes.

In their first ecounter he avoids the hand and Betelgeuse says
>Can he see my unseen hand?
Or something like that

I've seen that episode multiple times, and I never recall anything like that. In fact, Betelguese was convinced that Subaru was faking the coma because Subaru never saw his hands.

Episode 17 was the first time Subaru started seeing them, and Betelguese was massively surprised by that.

I always thought that Subaru had a great resistance to magical spells or something like that, where after he sees something one time he can either dispell the magic or see through it, etc.

Instances of this happening (to my knowledge unless I missed something):
-easily gets around beatrices room magic
-sees invisible hands after the 2nd time
-sees spirits others cannot

his magic butthole is distended enough that he can see magical stuff of a similar element.

his shadow element stuff is basically the same affinity of most, if not all, of the witch cult. His affinity for it is so severe though, and him dying and whatnot that he can actually see "hidden" things created by it.

remember, something like invisible hands is most certainly a shadow element ability, along the lines of muffling sound/sight/etc.

Ignore WN/LN material when talking about the anime. They are garbage. Re:Zero is only relevant because White Fox took great artistic liberties with the adaptation.

ive never seen anything but the anime though :3

>-easily gets around beatrices room magic
I thought he said that was because he played so many games he often knew which door was the way to proceed with the game and which doors held traps/treasures/monsters, etc. So since Beatrice didn't want to be found, she always chose a door that not many people would open (at least not right away), and Subaru used his game skills to find which door he was least likely to enter (which turns into where Beatrice was).

Keep it that way. I decided to check out the Manga/LN/WN after watching the anime, and they're just generic Isekai stories. The WN is just a huge autistic infodump, the LN is the same thing but edited down heavily, the manga is just a random interpretation of the LN.

The anime is the only adaptation that decides to compile all the source material and turn it in to a unique story and utilize higher level literary writing.